Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    Who said anything about using it non-stop? People have this weird all-or-nothing mindset. No, I can't hunt at 1 second for my entire hunt... but every once in a while (or more frequently with my stamina recovery), I can do this really cool thing. It's just added adaptability; use what you can, when you can--or when you're in a tight spot.
    You've known me long enough to know that I'm far from an all-or-nothing mindset, so let's not put me in that category. I'm all about having a variety of ways to kill. I guess the sum benefit is that you can do it without having to sit there afterwards with your dick in your hand for whatever hard RT it is for two katars mstriking. Not a bad thing, but the stamina cost is high enough to prevent you from doing it 2x in a row, which would have been a really nice plus. Maybe I just see it that way because mstrike is a -special situation only- type of attack for me. Actually, one place this will be really nice will be where you have crusader culling task... you'd actually be able to search them.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by droit View Post
    Who said anything about using it non-stop? People have this weird all-or-nothing mindset. No, I can't hunt at 1 second for my entire hunt... but every once in a while (or more frequently with my stamina recovery), I can do this really cool thing. It's just added adaptability; use what you can, when you can--or when you're in a tight spot.
    Yeah it's cool and all but the most impressive aspect of the attack is the mstrike itself in 5 seconds at a zero stamina cost, the only thing quickstrike is doing is reducing the roundtime by 4 seconds at a cost of 56 stamina.

I suppose there could be some situations where this might be handy but that still seems like a lot of stamina for a 4 second roundtime reduction. Quickstrike still seems largely useless unless you're a wizard who can reduce the stamina cost to zero.

So it can't be used from hiding at all? The old rogue quickstrike could (though you couldn't aim it).
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StrayRogue View Post
    So it can't be used from hiding at all? The old rogue quickstrike could (though you couldn't aim it).
    Just tested. Ambush with quickstrike worked fine from hiding.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Just tested. Ambush with quickstrike worked fine from hiding.
    That is nice.
    Xcalibur - The fool that enter a fool's game is fooler.
    PB - 9000 is 95% of 18000

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StrayRogue View Post
    That is nice.
    Agreed. Likely not as nice as using Haste imbeds (which was part of the point of the nerf, I know), but still pretty good.

Should be an 11 stamina cost per -1 quickstrike ambush with a dagger, 15 stamina cost per -1 quickstrike ambush with a falchion.
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-15-2016 at 09:39 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Works with UAC ambushing as well. 13 stamina per -1 second on a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Quickstrike still seems largely useless unless you're a wizard who can reduce the stamina cost to zero.
    That is the wrong takeway from the quickstrike verb, apart from spells and other spell changes. It adds more function and flexibility, even though I've had the cman qstrike since it was introduced. It can't be done alll the time obviously but great situational.

So far btw, my 12 swing 2 axe mstrike for 1 second mstrike has been my costliest one at 136 stamina? I assume that is the highest cost? THW and polearms probably are more due to weapon base but can only only one of them.

On other spectrum, mstrike uac punch was 50 stamina open I think (once, need to repeat), but may rise if was a bigger swarm maybe. Slightly more for focused at the 6 hits and free jab at 58 I think it was.
    Last edited by Roblar; 01-15-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    You've known me long enough to know that I'm far from an all-or-nothing mindset, so let's not put me in that category. I'm all about having a variety of ways to kill. I guess the sum benefit is that you can do it without having to sit there afterwards with your dick in your hand for whatever hard RT it is for two katars mstriking. Not a bad thing, but the stamina cost is high enough to prevent you from doing it 2x in a row, which would have been a really nice plus. Maybe I just see it that way because mstrike is a -special situation only- type of attack for me. Actually, one place this will be really nice will be where you have crusader culling task... you'd actually be able to search them.
    I know, Kerl. Two things, though. One, I could do a second mstrike right after at normal speed getting 16 strikes in 6 seconds. Two, I don't have to reduce to 1; I can quite easily drop a second or two from a strike when I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawyane View Post
    Works with UAC ambushing as well. 13 stamina per -1 second on a punch.
    It actually makes kick more appealing too, since it only costs 14 stamina per second compared to punch at 13.