9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tgo01

5 55.56%
  • Latrinsorm

4 44.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC 2016 Presidential Election

Default PC 2016 Presidential Election

It's time for the PC 2016 Presidential Election!

Running for president this year we have Tgo01 of the Awesome Party!

<insert applause here>

We also have Latrinsorm of the Lame Party!

<insert jeering here>

I'll introduce myself and my policy ideas first.

My name is Tgo01 and I'm a true American in every sense of the word. Okay enough bullshit, let's get down to brass tacks.

I am a firm believer in the second amendment. We need to cut out this bullshit "common sense" gun control laws that are really just a not-so-subtle way of chipping away at one of our fundamental rights as Americans. We have already passed plenty of "common sense" gun control laws; no automatic weapons, felons can't own firearms, people who have been involuntarily in a mental hospital, background checks, etc etc. We are Americans dammit! We don't just turn in our freedoms because we're scared!

Which brings me to my second point; the refugee crisis. As Americans we should be setting the standard for helping those in need. Obviously we have to do this carefully, we shouldn't just bring in hundreds of thousands of refugees because that's stupid. We are not stupid. We are Americans.

Speaking of being smart Americans, let's talk about the border! Yes, we must secure our border. Does this mean building a wall? You're damn right it means building a wall. A wall with cameras and unarmed drones and volunteer rednecks who are just itching to arrest them some illegal aliens crossing our border. But seriously, yes, securing our borders just makes sense. They say good fences make good neighbors, why aren't we taking this saying to the national level?

At the same time could we do more to let in more immigrants who want to come here LEGALLY? Yes, we probably could move the process along faster, but this means more money to hire more people to help the process along a little bit, it doesn't mean skimping on our security duties, because that would be stupid and as I said we are not stupid.

Now let's touch on everyone's favorite topic; abortion. Abortions should be legal, outlawing abortions would be crazy. This doesn't mean you have to like that someone is getting an abortion, but you should respect their right to have control over their own bodies.

Free college tuition: no. Pay for your own damn higher education, dammit. You already stand to make over one million more dollars than your non-college educated friends over your lifetime. Use some of that money to pay for your fucking college and stop acting like the world owes you everything just because you were born.

Speaking of owing you everything because you were born, I do happen to think a country has a duty to its citizens to take care of their medical needs. This means everyone should have access to medical care, this largely means cutting out the fat and bloated profits of just about everyone involved in the process, especially the insurance companies. Obamacare is a complete failure because it doesn't lower medical costs, it just spreads that shit around. Fuck that noise.

Both men and women should be entitled to paid paternity and maternity leave. We don't need to go overboard like Europe does and give everyone 2 years off of paid leave, but 6 weeks sounds good. Right? Right.

Weed! Marijuana should be legalized everywhere. Period. But of course this means only buying it from licensed dealers and growers. Buying/selling in a back alley somewhere should still be illegal. Legalize that shit. Tax that shit. Then raise the taxes on chips tenfold and watch our deficit disappear in three years.

Other drugs should still be illegal but for users we should focus more on getting them treatment instead of focusing on prison time. Give them an education if they need it. Teach them a trade if. Put them through rehab. If none of that works then kick them in the ass until it does work. We shouldn't go easy on drug dealers since they are typically scum.

Prison in general should focus more on rehab and less on punishment. This doesn't mean you get one month of community service for beating someone to a bloody pulp because again, we are not stupid. Prisoners are still people, we should treat them as such. Unless of course those people are just completely reprehensible and can't be changed, in which case capital punishment should still be an option for the most heinous of crimes. Because people suck.

I almost forgot everyone's true favorite topic: gay rights. Yes, gays should have equal rights to everyone else. They're Americans, dammit! They're not some despicable creature like, say, Latrinsorm! Let gays marry and enjoy all of the same benefits and rights as other Americans.

That's it for me. If my opponent has the balls to show up I'm sure he'll say something about him being a big stupid head because let's face it, it's true!

I will now take questions and remember, vote Tgo01!
    Last edited by Tgo01; 01-15-2016 at 12:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Speaking of owing you everything because you were born, I do happen to think a country has a duty to its citizens to take care of their medical needs. This means everyone should have access to medical care, this largely means cutting out the fat and bloated profits of just about everyone involved in the process, especially the insurance companies.
    This is a question for both candidates, how would you go about "cutting the fat and bloated profits"?
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    This is a question for both candidates, how would you go about "cutting the fat and bloated profits"?
    I'm glad you asked. Well first of all I think we should do away with insurance companies. Sure, insurance companies can still exist for those who prefer to go that route, but we have to get rid of this notion that we need to pay some sort of "middleman" to handle all of this. Insurance companies are really an unnecessary cog in the whole healthcare system, they exist solely to make money. This isn't to say we shouldn't have standards to adhere to; we shouldn't let someone decide they need dozens of tests because they have the sniffles. Also if we didn't have dozens of insurance companies all with their own regulations, pay scales, and etc, then we could do away with a whole lot of people who work in hospitals and doctor offices whose sole job is to get the insurance companies to pay up.

Blog Entries

What would you do about Iran and Saudi Arabia?

What would you do about Iran and Saudi Arabia?
    Saudi Arabia has been a longtime ally of the US, other than Israel they are probably are greatest ally in the Middle East.

We should not be in the habit of telling other countries how they can run their judicial system. Likewise Iran laughably is in no position to be telling Saudi Arabia how they can deal with prisoners. Iran should have done a better job of protecting Saudi Arabia's embassy.

So what would I do about the situation? Tell Iran to grow the fuck up and stop antagonizing other countries with their bullshit and stand firm with our longtime ally of Saudi Arabia. Unlike the current president who seems more concerned with his lasting legacy I feel we should be more concerned with the here and now and we should do the right thing and stop throwing our allies under the bus in favor of some far fetched pipe dream of making our longtime enemies like us. I'm surprised Obama hasn't yet sent Iran a note reading "Check one: Do you like me? Yes No"

Thank you.

I'm glad you asked. Well first of all I think we should do away with insurance companies. Sure, insurance companies can still exist for those who prefer to go that route, but we have to get rid of this notion that we need to pay some sort of "middleman" to handle all of this. Insurance companies are really an unnecessary cog in the whole healthcare system, they exist solely to make money. This isn't to say we shouldn't have standards to adhere to; we shouldn't let someone decide they need dozens of tests because they have the sniffles. Also if we didn't have dozens of insurance companies all with their own regulations, pay scales, and etc, then we could do away with a whole lot of people who work in hospitals and doctor offices whose sole job is to get the insurance companies to pay up.
    Since I now work for one (no I won't say which one because I don't want them tracking my online presence, which they do, just suffice it to say they are a multinational and in the US one of the top 4), I have to say that this is so far from the real truth that you could not navigate back to the real truth with a compass, a map and a Shirpa guide. I would go through everything wrong with this in great detail but it's late and that's too much to cover.

Short form, insurance companies pretty much don't sell insurance anymore, they administer employer funded insurance programs. These are where the employer is funding the insurance (the risk) and determining the benefits and limitations. There is actually not that many people in offices and hospitals that deal with insurance and most of the issues they deal with involve clerical errors and meeting GOVERNMENT regulations. They would be still be employed even without private insurance since they have to deal with Medicare and Medicaid. BTW, private insurance typically pays within 180 days or so, most claims within 90 days, Medicare, welllllllll, not so much. Nothing like making Drs wait up to 3 years to get paid. Most of the "dozens of tests because they have the sniffles" is defensive medicine that insurance companies don't require and Drs do to ward off lawsuits and satisfy idiot patients/families. Most insurance companies require per-authorization for a very small percentage of procedures in order to prove that they are not being done needlessly and they don't allow a load of crap that hasn't proved to be medically effective or continue to pay for things that are not helping the patient any more (looking at you physical therapy and chiropractors wanting endless visits).

Just so you know, the ACA (Obamacare) limited the profit margin of insurance companies and most of them were already well under the allowed limit so think again about those massive profits.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

"Check one: Do you like me? Yes No"
    I had heard that's what Kerry was really doing there, can you confirm or deny?

Let me rephrase my question about Saudi Arabia. Do you believe they are still our ally after ramping up oil production to purposely drive oil prices down to where fracking doesn't become a viable alternative? How do you feel about them sponsoring Islamic extremists?
    Last edited by drauz; 01-15-2016 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    so think again about those massive profits.
    Well Anthem alone posted profits of about 3 billion dollars last year. Granted Anthem is the largest insurance company in the US but still take all insurance company profits together and I'm sure it's quite a big chunk of change. And that's just profit. We have dozens of different insurance companies all across the US basically all doing the same job. It would be like rather than having just the federal government handling Medicare we broke it up into dozens of little pieces of paid multiple people to all do the same job. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I had heard that's what Kerry was really doing there, can you confirm or deny?
    I cannot divulge what information I may or may not have.

Let me rephrase my question about Saudi Arabia. Do you believe they are still our ally after ramping up oil production to purposely drive oil prices down to where fracking doesn't become a viable alternative?
    They still have to take care of their citizens. Their entire economy is based on oil, if we edge them out of that market they have pretty much nothing to fall back on and their entire country falls into anarchy. ANARCHY I TELL YOU! Of course they are going to protect their oil profits.

How do you feel about them sponsoring Islamic extremists?
    Lies! Lies and slander!

Blog Entries

Lies! Lies and slander!
    So you support terrorism?

So you support terrorism?
    Well obviously.