Fallen

Week 7 Update: Part 1 of 2

Rate this Entry
Week 7: 06 - 12 July
Goals: 30 total miles, 13.2 mile long run (Achieved x 2)
Week's Total Miles: 33.1
Longest Run: 13.5 Miles
Street Runs: 2 (7.1, 71)
Trail Runs: 2 (5.5, 13.5)
Track Runs: 0
Trail Hikes (NA for Weekly Mileage): 0

As of July 12th:
Total Weekly Steps: 106,487
Resting Heart Rate: 77
Weight: 235.8
% Body Fat: 27.6
BMI: 30.9

Long Run Statistics:
Distance: 13.5 Miles
Total Run Time: 2:54:43
Average Pace: 12:54 /mi (Max 09:08)
Average Heart Rate: 166 BPM (Max 189)
Calories Burned: 3263
Average Cadence: 145 SPM (Max 156)
Average Smoothness: 85 (Max 133, Min 52)
Ground Contact: 386 ms
Oscillation: 3.4 ''

Notes: This week was a productive one, so I've decided to break this update into two parts. As you can see, I once again attempted a half-marathon on the C&O and saw a roughly 20 minute improvement on my time. I ran the entire distance, with a 9 minute mile to close out the run as I burned off the rest of my energy. The key differences between the first and second attempt were better hydration and supplements throughout the run. I'm quite happy with the performance and will be moving up in mileage.

The rest of the week's running went smoothly as well. I've found the best route for the full Ft. Detrick Perimeter at 7.1 miles, though I will be seeking to elongate that distance this week. I've also mapped out the perimeter for the farm where I run trails, which comes out to 5.5 miles. This is a far more demanding run, and I definitely need practice on this and even harsher terrain to prepare for the first leg of the JFK. All of my new toys worked wonderfully, and I'll be detailing them in part 2 of this week's update. Lastly, using the new metrics acquired from one of my recent purchases, I decided to add statistics on my week's long run. I'm not quite sure what to do with some of this data, and will have to do some reading to see what each stat means in terms of my performance.

Next Week's Goals: 35 total miles, 15 mile long run

18 Weeks until JFK

Updated 07-22-2015 at 01:06 AM by Fallen

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments