Latrinsorm

1. The Fiery Way of the Creator

The warmth of Kina soothes, melting down the poison and broken glass, seeping into frozen marrow. Everything that is not poison our coldness considers unholy. It only likes to play with fire - the stake.

The heat of Kina is passionate, angrying up the blood - Behold The Fire! Beware also of the attacks of your love! Trust not that he will refrain, keeping closed his mouth. Think not you will remain free from its harm.

The furnace of Kina is a crushing blast, leaving ...
  2. It Begins with the Voice

The voice is gentle.
    The voice embraces.
    And it passes throughout us, curled up in every little corner and sitting in every tiny closet.

The words are intimate, in heart and body and mind, bringing every little tiny moment.
    “Feel your breathe beside me in my bed
    “All the sheets are tangled in my legs…”
    “You kissed all my tears
    “But my cheeks never dried.”
    “You know it’s harder when you hold me
    “You get me searching for the ceiling.” ...
  3. My Dear Friend the River

We were friends and have become estranged. But this was right, and we do not want to conceal it from ourselves as if we had reason to be ashamed: the river gone is my friend.

The river comes, the river goes, and yet when our paths crossed you stopped, and we celebrated and whispered together, and you held onto my skin as we rested so quietly in one harbor and one sunshine. But I looked back upstream, and our almighty forces drove us apart. We could fight the flow and tug of war the ...
  4. Cross Posting my Tumblr

How I Found the Overman and Cried Hallelujah
    The Ways Kina Grannis Resembles Nietzsche

The Three Metamorphoses of Kina

The overman will go under, and his spirit will undergo three metamorphoses.

First he lays himself down before the world and is burdened with all its good and evil. His spirit becomes the camel and is laden, and goes off into the desert for forty days and nights.

Weary and alone, the camel comes face to face with ...