PDA

View Full Version : Selling a weathered leather cloak that holds at least 650 pounds.

Maviur
11-21-2015, 07:54 AM
Bought it at this years EG. Had it deepen 2x second time it became Gigantic. Plenty of people know about this cloak. If its illegal or not i don't know. I do know nobody has ask me about it. Don't need a container like this at all. I do want to know: 1) What the max is 2) If its legal

Here is the info:

You analyze your leather cloak and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:

The leather cloak is a garment that changes messaging depending on the climate you're in, or whether it is raining/snowing outside. This item can be altered, it just needs to remain the basic essence of what the item is (no changing a cloak into a dress, but a cloak into a coat is fine).

The cloak isn't unlocked. It has 4 verbs.
This is currently set to be a cloak of some sort.
The cloak currently has a default fastener, but it could have custom ones added by a skilled merchant.
The cloak currently has default pockets, but it could have custom ones added by a skilled merchant. Options are a small pocket, a large pocket, small scabbards, weapon loops, large pouches, and small pouches.

You can tell that the cloak is as light as it can get and that its pockets could not possibly get any deeper.

You carefully inspect your leather cloak.

You estimate that a weathered leather cloak can store a gigantic amount with enough space for any number of items.

You determine that you could wear the cloak, hanging it from your shoulders. The cloak appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of leather.(weighs 9)

Had a naked giant put 650ish pounds of boxes in it. Don't know what the max is.

MB 70m

Allereli
11-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Bought it at this years EG. Had it deepen 2x second time it became Gigantic. Plenty of people know about this cloak. If its illegal or not i don't know. I do know nobody has ask me about it. Don't need a container like this at all. I do want to know: 1) What the max is 2) If its legal

If you bought it off the shelf and had it deepened normally, sounds like someone made a mistake, and any GM will fix that mistake if they catch it. Happened to me with a 1600 backpack that was fun while it lasted.

time4fun
11-21-2015, 10:07 AM
If you bought it off the shelf and had it deepened normally, sounds like someone made a mistake, and any GM will fix that mistake if they catch it. Happened to me with a 1600 backpack that was fun while it lasted.

Yup.

How did they find out about yours?

Maviur
11-21-2015, 11:50 AM
I believe through here when I tried to sell it during EG. So does that make this cloak like ice age metals? Its good to go as long as Merchants don't touch it?

SashaFierce
11-21-2015, 12:32 PM

Here is the info:

You analyze your leather cloak and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:

The leather cloak is a garment that changes messaging depending on the climate you're in, or whether it is raining/snowing outside. This item can be altered, it just needs to remain the basic essence of what the item is (no changing a cloak into a dress, but a cloak into a coat is fine).

The cloak isn't unlocked. It has 4 verbs.
This is currently set to be a cloak of some sort.
The cloak currently has a default fastener, but it could have custom ones added by a skilled merchant.
The cloak currently has default pockets, but it could have custom ones added by a skilled merchant. Options are a small pocket, a large pocket, small scabbards, weapon loops, large pouches, and small pouches.

You can tell that the cloak is as light as it can get and that its pockets could not possibly get any deeper.

You carefully inspect your leather cloak.

You estimate that a weathered leather cloak can store a gigantic amount with enough space for any number of items.

You determine that you could wear the cloak, hanging it from your shoulders. The cloak appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of leather.(weighs 9)

Had a naked giant put 650ish pounds of boxes in it. Don't know what the max is.

MB 70m

Buyers beware. This is a good way to lose 70m

Allereli
11-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Yup.

How did they find out about yours?

Was in a referral for something completely different. They said, "We need to fix your backpack."

I believe through here when I tried to sell it during EG. So does that make this cloak like ice age metals? Its good to go as long as Merchants don't touch it?

No.

Androidpk
11-21-2015, 02:06 PM
"What backpack?"

Maviur
11-21-2015, 02:55 PM
To the Neg reps. How is being honest and upfront scamming? I'll keep it and let my Rogue go on binge picking.

rolfard
11-21-2015, 02:56 PM
I had a gm "stealth" fix a container that i was wearing. When i realized i reported and they basically said fix is in, now its working "as intended".

SashaFierce
11-21-2015, 03:06 PM
To the Neg reps. How is being honest and upfront scamming? I'll keep it and let my Rogue go on binge picking.

A GM made a mistake, so you turn around and sell the mistake for 70m. That screams honesty to me.

GS4-Brimzstone
11-21-2015, 03:22 PM
TBH... I would just keep this cloak and never worry about another container again...
It's like having a world of Warcraft guild bank and inventory all in one!

SHAFT
11-21-2015, 04:38 PM
A GM made a mistake, so you turn around and sell the mistake for 70m. That screams honesty to me.

Straight cash homey!

elcidcannon
11-21-2015, 04:48 PM

Isn't that what we do with typos and "illegal" alters?

The buyer should be made aware of the situation and warned that it could be corrected at any time. I don't think the seller's doing anything wrong.

darkcipher
11-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Isn't that what we do with typos and "illegal" alters?

The buyer should be made aware of the situation and warned that it could be corrected at any time. I don't think the seller's doing anything wrong.

Difference is, those don't generally give you a mechanical advantage. Also, GMs won't hunt you down to "fix" those for you.

GS4-Brimzstone
11-23-2015, 01:10 PM
There's no real advantage to gain either...
For example:
There's a 500 item limit (even less if you're F2P)
There's also apparently a weight limit
Not to mention you can't risk giving it to a GM to alter/lighten/unlock
In addition no one will buy it, lol ( can't sell it on the official because GM read those)

Like I said before just keep it and move on :)

Haldrik
11-23-2015, 01:15 PM
There's no real advantage to gain either...
For example:
There's a 500 item limit (even less if you're F2P)
There's also apparently a weight limit
Not to mention you can't risk giving it to a GM to alter/lighten/unlock
In addition no one will buy it, lol ( can't sell it on the official because GM read those)

Like I said before just keep it and move on :)

This. Who doesn't need a 650 lb cloak!? Just use it and stop talking about it before someone tells the GMs.

Zaigh
11-23-2015, 03:18 PM

They read these boards too.

Wrathbringer
11-23-2015, 03:39 PM
They read these boards too since theirs are full of suck.

Fixed. "But it's tied to billing! They can't help it!" So unlink it, you idiots.

drauz
11-25-2015, 01:42 AM
Fixed. "But it's tied to billing! They can't help it!" So unlink it, you idiots.

Is that really their excuse?

Donquix
11-25-2015, 02:38 AM
Is that really their excuse?

Yes. Their excuse for shitty forums is they want it integrated with the the billing auth and they're too incompetent to federate their own system. I get it, the single sign on is great but it's not worth enduring those awful forums.

PhpBB makes it dead simple to implement a login plugin as well that can auth externally. I assume vbulletin does as well...for fuck's sake it's 2015 any OSS forum worth a shit is extensible.

Wrathbringer
11-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Yes. Their excuse for shitty forums is they want it integrated with the the billing auth and they're too incompetent to federate their own system. I get it, the single sign on is great but it's not worth enduring those awful forums.

PhpBB makes it dead simple to implement a login plugin as well that can auth externally. I assume vbulletin does as well...for fuck's sake it's 2015 any OSS forum worth a shit is extensible.

As of a few months ago, the forums already require a separate login, even if you're already logged into the site.