PDA

View Full Version : Brauden

GSLeloo
11-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Ok the basis of this is we're in an invasion, Warclaidhm rubs something and e-waves all of us. I 705 him for it. He goes away and suddenly he's hiding and swinging at me. Tayre hit him, I imploded him. Brauden begins to report to me about how I had no right to do that and when I said that considering all the bullshit that goes on, he choses this to go off on, he pulled me and made me read the TOS thing and then came in to speak to me.

report I think that maybe I'd like to speak to a different GM

SEND I'll make a note of that, but I'm afraid that's not an option.

You say, "I dunno I should ask you that."
>
Brauden asks, "Any questions on that policy?"
>look
[Consultation Lounge]
The cozy surroundings of this simple conference room provide a much-welcomed respite from the chaos just outside its walls. You notice several plush chairs arranged casually around the room in a comfortable grouping.
Also here: GameMaster Brauden
Obvious exits: none
>
You say, "No I don't have any."
>

You say, "I'd rather ask you why you handled this the way you did."
>
Brauden says, "Wonderful, I hope there wouldn't be any new revelations for you."
>
"
>
Brauden says, "And I'd like to ask you why you killed that player."

You ask, "Why do you think I didn't have every right to do what I did?"

You say, "He e-waved all of us during an invasion.. for a move that could've gotten us killed I casted 705 on him and left him be. He then left and returned and tried to attack me twice."

You say, "So I killed him."
>
Brauden asks, "And how many critters were in the room at the time?"

You say, "It seems to make sense to everyone else."

You ask, "When he e-waved or when I attacked?"

Brauden says, "Both."
>
Brauden says, "And I'd like to know how much time passed between both."

You say, "Probably a minute between him e-waving and me attacking him."
>

You ask, "Any other questions?"
>
You say, "Things like this happen all the time. I didn't attack him for no reason nor did I kill him for no reason."
>

Brauden says, "Yup, the first one you've yet to answer."

You say, "As you can see in my report I don't randomly attack people."
>
You say, "I believe we had just killed everything when he e-waved and when I attacked I don't think there was anything but then I think they came. Nothing over about 20 trains."

You say, "He wasn't in danger for a moment of dying."

You say, "But if you want to say he was."
>

>You say, "Then we were all in danger of dying when he e-waved the entire room."

>
Brauden says, "Here's how we see it."
>
Brauden says, "Invasion wave ensues."

Brauden says, "Some time later the wave is beaten back."

You say, "As I just said, the room could've easily been full of monsters and he could've rubbed it."
>

Brauden says, "Your friend decides to attack him."
>
Brauden says, "And then you decide to kill him."

You ask, "Um that's not what happened, were you actually watching?"
>
You say, "My "friends" weren't there."
>'I knew Jolena and Raulda in that room
You say, "I knew Jolena and Raulda in that room."
>
Brauden says, "Okay, let me rephrase that."
>"Tayre I only knew from eyesight
>
You say, "Tayre I only knew from eyesight."
>

Brauden says, "Your fellow adventurer attacks him."
>You say, "Their actions had nothing to do with mine."
>

Brauden says, "Then you kill him."

You say, "Warclaidhm swung at me, not anyone else."
>

>You say, "He hid and attacked me."

You say, "That gives me every right to kill him."
>

Brauden says, "Then you whisper to him a funny little remark about 705'ing him because of an ewave."
>

You say, "I didn't whisper anything to him."

You ask, "What are you talking about?"
>
Brauden says, "Yes, you did."

You say, "No I didn't."
>
Brauden says, "Okay, then the logs that we have are all incorrect."

You say, "Show me the logs then."
>
Brauden says, "Wondeful."
>
Brauden says, "Let's skip past that then."
>
[b]NOTE RIGHT HERE WHEN I ASK FOR LOGS HE CHANGES THE SUBJECT
Brauden says, "I'll cut to the chase."

>
You say, "You say I said it, I want to see it."

Brauden says, "I don't consider that application of ewave to be consent for you to kill him."

You say, "I did, difference of opinion."
>

Brauden says, "Yes, it is."
>
You say, "Actually you're right."
>
Brauden says, "The difference is."
>

You say, "I don't see it as right to kill him."
>
You say, "And I didn't kill him for that."
>

Brauden says, "That I get to enforce the policy and you get to abide by it or be subject to the appropriate actions if you choose to not abide by it."
>
You say, "I hit him to show him he was being stupid but I only killed him after he had hidden and attacked me."
>
You ask, "Honestly in your files of our players, how many reports do you have of me randomly attacking people for no reason?"
>

Brauden says, "I don't honestly see how that has any relevance to this particular situation."
>

You say, "Because maybe that would signal to you that if I killed him I had reason."
>
Brauden says, "You did A, B and C."
>
Brauden says, "I say it's a violation of policy."
>
Brauden says, "You say it's not."
You say, "And I said I'd rather speak to another GM."
>

Brauden says, "To which I already answered appropriately."
>

You ask, "And which I ask why can't I?"
>
Brauden says, "Because our policy is that players aren't allow to pick and choose the GM they get to speak with during these situations."
>

Brauden says, "Now, you do have other means to contest."
>
You say, "When I believe that a GM is treating me unfairly I believe I have every right to speak to another."
>Brauden says, "You have every right to send email to feedback, and I encourage you to do so if you feel strongly about this."
>

Brauden says, "However for the duration of this event you'll have me to accompany you."
>
>
Brauden says, "So let me take the opportunity to tell you exactly how I view this event."

You say, "I know how you view it. He was innocent and I was wrong."
>
Brauden says, "I will be officially noting that your attack on Warclaidhm was without consent and as such a violation of policy. However, after having reviewed your history I decided to merely discuss the topic with you so that I could clear up any misunderstandings so the event doesn't become recurring."
>

Brauden says, "Also."
>
Brauden says, "I'll also not that you disagree with my position, don't feel you're being treated fairly and would like to speak to someone else."
>

You say, "Good."
>
Brauden says, "I also must reiterate that vulgarity of any type is strongly discouraged in our products, and that you received an official warning for slinging vulgarity at the staff."
>
You say, "I'll be sure to remember."
>
You say, "But as you probably know, it was not aimed at you."
>
You say, "It was aimed at things that go on and that out of all of those events, you choose this to attack on."
>

Brauden says, "I don't think that'll be a problem, as I said you have a clean record especially in that area."
>

Brauden says, "No no, I choose to address every violation of policy that I'm privy to."
>

Brauden asks, "Do you have any other questions I can answer?"
>
You say, "Yes I do because as I said, I don't do things until I am within my rights and only when I am being unfairly treated do I use such language."
>

You say, "No I don't at all."
>

Brauden says, "Wonderful."
>

Brauden says, "Then I will set you back and wish you a good evening."
>

You say, "And you also."
>

You hear the faint thoughts of [culdesac]-You echo in your mind:
"Have a fucking disney day"
>
Brauden says, "I'm not sure of the area is hostile, so please be prepared for the worst."

Soulpieced
11-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Yet another incidence of idiocy. E-waving can most definitely be consent to killing someone.

Kuyuk
11-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Brauden is an idiot. I have a nice log of him when I got fucked telling me to suck it up and how it wasnt a violation of policy.

K.

BigBadBonar
11-11-2004, 11:29 PM
:worship: Brauden

Chadj
11-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again,

Brauden is a fucking idiot.

Drew2
11-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Tigermist just pulled me and was all Y U ALWAYS B KILLIN WARCLAIDHM and I was all UH HE'S DUMB and she was all OH WELL STOP IT DON'T INTERACT WITH HIM ANYMORE HE WON'T INTERACT WITH YOU and I was all OK BUT HE'LL FORGET SO I'LL BE REPORTING EVERY SINGLE TIME and she's all OK BUT JUST DON'T KILL HIM OR YOU'LL BE BANNED.

Stupid.

GSLeloo
11-11-2004, 11:35 PM
ROFL. Warclaidhm probably had his mom give them a note from his shrink about how he has special needs.

11-11-2004, 11:45 PM
I don't get it. I activily look for conflict and he doesn't bother me. Maybe because I don't seek him out for conflict.

- Arkans

Kaishaku
11-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Yeah, but what does diapers have to do with anything?

GSLeloo
11-11-2004, 11:49 PM
Diapers?

And that's what I found funny, I rarely ever have problems and yet this tiny thing he pulls me for.

Snapp
11-11-2004, 11:52 PM
I don't get it.. How is him e-waving and attacking you not consent? That's really fishy.

11-11-2004, 11:53 PM
The thing is, I think the attack on Warclaidhm happened just because he is Warclaidhm. If it was a character that was a much higher level, I doubt anything would have happened. That's why Brauden was pissed, IMHO.

- Arkans

Chadj
11-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Uh ohz! what if he's going after all the PCers?!?!?!??!?!? 111?!/1/1/1/1

I better not give him reason to get me into a consultation room, or else I'll be banned in like, 2 seconds:(

GSLeloo
11-11-2004, 11:54 PM
I am around Warclaidhm a lot and I never attack him. I attacked him cause he e-waved us during an invasion. I didn't kill him and as stated, he wasn't in any danger. He decided to attack me twice and that is when I finally killed him.

11-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Thinking that he is going after "PCers" is perhaps the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

- Arkans

11-11-2004, 11:56 PM
That puts it in a different light then, Leloo. If you were acting in self defense then I support your claim and Brauden was in the wrong. I should have read the initial post more carefully.

- Arkans

Chadj
11-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Thinking that he is going after "PCers" is perhaps the dumbest idea I've ever heard.

- Arkans

Cause you know, I often put 1/1/1/1/1/1/ when I'm being serious.

GSLeloo
11-11-2004, 11:57 PM
Warclaidhm has annoyed me many times and made me want to kill him but I don't attack someone unless they attack me or steal from me. That is why he was attacked, no other reason. Then he saw fit to try and kill me during an invasion.

Adhara
11-11-2004, 11:59 PM
I thought e-waving others was generally consent to CvC and I was certain that it was in cases where the caster knows it puts other lives at risk. I was never impressed by anything I read concerning Brauden and that's another example of a really badly handled interaction on his part. His condescending attitude is definitely inappropriate but I can tell you why he allows himself the cockiness. It made me snicker when he said that you could write to feedback. You see, the GM handling feedback is absolutely incompetent. No matter your issue, the answer will always be of the type "we truly are sorry you feel that way but unfortunatly <insert nonsensical bullshit excuse here> and that is why nothing will be done. Be sure to have a nice day now and thank you for using Simutronics products."

Can you sense my bitterness?

11-11-2004, 11:59 PM
Just an honest question though, feel free to U2U me if you want, but did you really not whisper anything to him?

- Arkans

GSLeloo
11-12-2004, 12:00 AM
My two favorite places... one where I request another GM and he tells me I can't see one even though I say I feel he can't handle the situation. And two where he claims I whispered and I ask for logs and he dodged it.

11-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Brauden is notoriously bad at customer support, this is a known fact.

- Arkans

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-12-2004, 12:03 AM
I still like Brauden, he's got a tough job and he really didn't do anything to you at all.

Tigermist was good with me also. It's not like they can just say something like "you are right, Idiothm is a fucking moron and we'd all like to PWN him daily". I'm sure he's on his way to a lockout, or they are going to lock out 10 other customers and keep him.

GSLeloo
11-12-2004, 12:05 AM
If he was good at what he does when I expressed desire to speak to someone else he should've honored that. The fact is he was awful.

Numbers
11-12-2004, 12:05 AM
Someone tell Melissa to pull Brauden's leash.

I've said it before, he should NOT be allowed to interact with customers in ANY WAY.

As someone mentioned, his condescening and arrogant attitude is NOT the face you want to show to customers. Send out GM's who can sugar coat anything to handle the customers... NOT the coding monkeys.

Good god... this is just common business sense.

HarmNone
11-12-2004, 12:07 AM
I'd definitely write to feedback about this, Leloo. I'd also make sure a copy of that email goes to Melissa. :)

11-12-2004, 12:08 AM
The thing is, GMs can afford to be dicks to customers in this game. Just because you get soured, chances are, you arn't going to be leaving GS. This is even more true when you have an older character or a you have been around for a long while.

Granted, this is not true to a brand new player, but this is definatly the case for people like us. They can afford to. They know this and this is why great customer support in situations like this is not a huge priority on Simu's list.

Somtimes you get a great GM, like Khaladon, sometimes you don't. Just gotta bite the bullet, I guess.

- Arkans

iohova
11-12-2004, 12:09 AM
heh. ill agree with the comment about feedback sucking.

i had all my issues handled much better anytime i emailed to billing instead :lol:

Delaroz
11-12-2004, 12:11 AM
Dunno how e-wave is not considered consent. It's considered an attack spell and you get arrested for endagering public safety in most towns if you cast it.

SpunGirl
11-12-2004, 12:21 AM
I don't know, the few times I've written to feedback I've gotten a prompt and courteous response. Probably because I don't flood them with 802938409 emails daily about the "I h8 ur game and I will quit unles you do x, y, z."

That said, I think Brauden was in the wrong here. Injuring someone who is e-waving during an invasion is appropriate, IMO. If they try to kill you, and you try to kill them, I don't see how you're in the wrong for that. I think asking to see the log of what you said was fair enough, and it wasn't nice of him to dodge the question. Of course, he never claimed to be nice... most of the time I think he does a good job. This isn't one of those times.

-K

PS We also have no way of knowing what he said to Warbitchm, whether or not he got in trouble for his stupid e-waving and for his attacks, so that should be kept in mind.

Mistomeer
11-12-2004, 12:35 AM
I don't understand the bitching.
Yeah, Brauden was an ass, but you didn't get warned over it, and well, Brauden is usually an ass.
You got told not to do it again, and considering you were equally rude to him, who cares? You got to kill Warclaidhm, be rude to Brauden, and you didn't get warned. I'd say you win.

SpunGirl
11-12-2004, 12:36 AM
That's an excellent perspective, Mistomeer.

-K

11-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Misunderstandings happen on both sides. Player and GM, we all have to remember that.

- Arkans

Snapp
11-12-2004, 12:37 AM
Brauden says, "I also must reiterate that vulgarity of any type is strongly discouraged in our products, and that you received an official warning for slinging vulgarity at the staff."
She didn't receive a warning?

SpunGirl
11-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Ew:(

-K

Axhinde
11-12-2004, 12:42 AM
It seems to me like he's getting a bit upset about the lack of roleplay and the quick actions of constant attackers. While I do agree that ewaving someone is consent to being killed, and Brauden obviously trying very hard to flex his SGM muscles, he's a bit fed up I would thing with hearing about Warclaidhm, Lycain/Aexcrybre, Abztract, and all the rest. He did not need to be such an asshole about it though. Here's how I think he should have handled it:

Brauden: I'm getting pretty fed up with all the violence, especially it being geared towards certain individuals.
You: But he ewaved a room full of people in an invasion, then attacked me twice after I cast at him.
Brauden: I'm well aware of that, though let me ask you...if it had been anyone other than Warclaidhm would you have reacted differently? Better yet, would the 2 others have involved themselves?
You: I know I wouldn't have, I can't speak for anyone else though.
Brauden: Ok. It's my opinion that people are less concerned about roleplay and more concerned about who and what they can kill.
You: Agreed, but Warclaidhm is at fault here. Even if the ewave was accidental, he still attacked me twice afterwards.
Brauden: Because you 705'd him. Should he let you 705 him for casting ewave?
You: Well, I wouldn't expect him to "let" me...
Brauden: I dont think anyone would. Maybe he was just defending himself?
You: He might very well have been.
Brauden: I'll look harder into this situation and keep you informed of any more conclusions I draw. It is my hope that those common names who are known for dealing with troublemakers by being troublemakers themselves recieve the same punishment as the original threats.
You: Ok.
Brauden: Was there anything else I could help you with?
You: Nope.
Brauden: Ok. Sorry for this inconvenience, but this had to be dealt with.

Brauden poofs.

SpunGirl
11-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Axhinde

I agree with you, Ax, but that was just too funny. If someone ever actually sees that, or something close to it, I'd LOVE to know.

-K

Axhinde
11-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl

Originally posted by Axhinde

I agree with you, Ax, but that was just too funny. If someone ever actually sees that, or something close to it, I'd LOVE to know.

-K

:lol: Yeah, I seriously doubt Brauden will ever develop enough people skills to actually learn how to communicate. But what can I say? I'm an optimist.

HarmNone
11-12-2004, 12:48 AM
I can understand, I think, how frustrating the job of GM must be, at times. I have no doubt there are times that all of them are pulling their hair out. However, if you're going to deal with the public, you're going to have to develop the skills to do so in a way that does not provoke more trouble than exists at the time you intercede.

Axhinde's post points out how both parties could have interacted better, and does so very well. Yet, I still maintain that the onus is on Brauden, as a representative of Simutronics, to ensure that his behavior is always above reproach. If he's frustrated and angry, he needs to turn it over to someone else to handle. At least, that's what I'd do. :shrug:

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by HarmNone]

11-12-2004, 12:50 AM
I agree with HN 100%.

- Arkans

Axhinde
11-12-2004, 01:07 AM
As do I. I have to say that Leloo handled herself infinetly better than did Brauden. It just seems to me like a bug crawled up his ass recently, laid a shitload of eggs, and developed into a severe case of I'msuchadickheadlitis.

HarmNone
11-12-2004, 01:11 AM
Heh. I agree, Axhinde. However, I said a long time ago that an awful lot of those "bugs up the ass" could have been avoided completely if the PTB had cracked down on the rampant idiocy a long time ago. They let things ride for so long that they're now reaping the "benefits".

Axhinde
11-12-2004, 01:19 AM
And hence, we have legions of "I pwnz0r j00!" maniacs running around looking for any chance they find to kill whomever is popular at the time. It's sad, really.

HarmNone
11-12-2004, 01:23 AM
Damned right it's sad! I really enjoyed the game when I played. By the time I left, it was already getting bad. Now, from what I've seen and heard, it's just ridiculous. It's a real shame that someone didn't have the foresight to see what their laxness would come to; however, perhaps those who say that the only thing that matters is the moolah are correct. :shrug:

Syberus
11-12-2004, 02:23 AM
I got Stealth to erase a warning and apologize to me a few times a while ago when he gave me said warning for killing someone in self defense.

Caramia
11-12-2004, 02:47 AM
Brauden might not have the best bedside manner when dealing with people, but you folks waste an awful lot of time and attention on Warclaidhm and his stupid antics in the game. If you simply let him continue to behave like an ass and reported him instead, you'd get rid of him, instead of the GMs taking pity on him for getting a beat-down.

Alarke
11-12-2004, 03:38 AM
Attacking someone because they e-wave is pretty standard if it was in a room full of people. I wont kill them, but i'll let em know to stop. Whether it be Warclaidhm or someone i'd never heard of, i would react the same. To say that she can't roleplay herself BECAUSE he's created such an image around himself is unfair and would take away from, if i were her, the fun of roleplaying who my character is.

Lyonis
11-12-2004, 03:39 AM
I think Leloo showed amazing restraint in not losing it in front of Brauden. I was cringing reading some of that log. Just curious though, if you wrote to feedback would they send you a copy of the log Brauden claimed to have?

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by Lyonis]

Tsa`ah
11-12-2004, 04:04 AM
When you are pulled by a GM for a reason other than assist ... it is not customer service.

Were this an assist situation the CS complaint would be valid.

In this scenario I don't think Brauden was right. Scooter Boy instigated the conflict.

Numbers
11-12-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Caramia
Brauden might not have the best bedside manner when dealing with people, but you folks waste an awful lot of time and attention on Warclaidhm and his stupid antics in the game. If you simply let him continue to behave like an ass and reported him instead, you'd get rid of him, instead of the GMs taking pity on him for getting a beat-down.

No.

If this is the case, the GM's would be much better served by simply locking out Warclaidhm than dishing out warnings and being an ass to anyone who picks on him.

In most cases, the kid deserves what he gets in the game. If there's a problem customer that can provoke such responses from other customers, you get rid of the problem customer, not the other customers.

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by 3704558]

Tsa`ah
11-12-2004, 04:36 AM

Except this was an invasion setting. Reporting him for e-waving in an invasion wouldn't accomplish anything. No more than reporting the asshats that open implode, meteor storm, or chain lightning in an invasion.

Reporting any other time should have worked by now ... but he's still here.

Ardwen
11-12-2004, 04:44 AM
The fact is Idiothm has different rules right now then other people, Some SGM changed the ruling given to him by Zilana, that he himself posted here. Best part is they did it without actually telling me, considering the situation I wasnt real amused when I found out about it. Been waiting on an SGM referal for 2 days, when I find out whats going on I'll tell you more.

Got to admit getting told of by Silvaran for asking a Treant to start the killing of people with Warclaidhm did not amuse me much.

Ardwen

theotherjohn
11-12-2004, 04:49 AM
The sooner you realize that players such as Warclaidhm are the target audience for Simu products and ignore them completely the better off your game experience will be.

They are the target audience because they will never quit.

Drew2
11-12-2004, 07:01 AM

I'm sorry, do you PLAY GS4?

ASSIST and REPORT are the most useless verbs in that game. I dare anyone to argue otherwise.

Any GM can tell you I have quite a healthy record. A good majority of that record, however, is me utilizing ASSIST and REPORT in the situations that most GMs advise I do. What changes about the conflict over the course of the few days after I assist or report? Nothing. A GM tells me "I'll keep an eye on it", and then the next day when it happens again, that GM isn't around so I have to re-explain the situation to a new GameHost, who then passes it on to a new GM, who then doesn't give a shit about it anyway.

Warclaidhm is just the latest in the countless retards that I've met playing this game over the past several years. I deal with him the same way I've dealt with every single one before him, but he is the first one I've seen all the GMs huddle around and coddle when everyone is "being mean to him".

Do I intend on listening to Tigermist and not interacting with him? Absolutely. But I'm also going to REPORT the instant he opens his mouth or even glances at me. Every single instance thereafter. If GMs won't let me deal with my problems, you can sure as hell bet I'll be passing it over to them.

Brattt8525
11-12-2004, 07:14 AM
The thing is, I think the attack on Warclaidhm happened just because he is Warclaidhm. If it was a character that was a much higher level, I doubt anything would have happened. That's why Brauden was pissed, IMHO.

- Arkans

Exactly. You know you can look at this situation in alot of different ways. Almost every conflict that goes on with Warc is because he is Warc. Yes he is an annoying little bastard, from the logs I have seen. I have had very little contact with him, because I make sure I have no contact.

He ewaved, dumb move but I have never considered ewaving as grounds for killing. Leloo gets points for just stunning him. She lost points when she was so combative with the GM.

I do not care if you do not like someone, but there is a little thing called restraint. Being a smart ass to Brauden will only get you more trouble then you want.

I always try and look at it from both sides. Brauden and other GMS are basically fed up with the crap that seems to be going on lately, tag team killing etc. I don't blame them.

Now that being said we all know that what happened in this situation really boils down to it being because of the fact it was Warc. Period.

I am not sure why some of you <not directed at you Lelooo> seem to thrive on killing Warc. He annoyed me at EG yet I didn't go out of my way to kill or harrass him. I don't think being annoying is any reason to kill anyone. If that were the case then I would just walk around killing people all day. As far as the others coming and killing him during this, that IMHO is what pissed Brauden off and Leloo got the brunt of it.

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by Brattt8525]

Mistomeer
11-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Snapp

She didn't receive a warning?

The log I read was her being pulled for killing Warclaidhm, not profanity. I think that was for a previous incident.

Parkbandit
11-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Leloo-

I saw the interaction with you and Warclaidhm and I'll tell you right now.. you were 100% justified in your response. 100%.

Ewave is a consent to CvC. By being stupid, he put you at danger during an invasion. You didn't kill him at that point.. you merely stunned him. Warclaidhm came back and attacked you... Tayre then hurt him via bone shatter and left him stunned.. you finished him off. If anyone should have been pulled up, it was Tayre (which he was) and not you.

I would write a very nice, professional letter to Feedback and tell the complete story.

Like Tayvin mentioned.. I think Brauden has one of the toughest jobs with this product.. but it's a job that has to be done. I think he started watching a moment too late so he didn't see the entire exchange between you two... thus jumping to conclusions. Your choice of words at the beginning put him on defensive and there was no coming back from there. He has to put up with Warclaidhm reporting "Falgrin is attacking me" "Tayvin is attacking me" "Tayre is attacking me" "Leloo is attacking me" probably every moment that Warclaidhm is in the game.

My only hope is that they finally smarten up and simply ban Warclaidhm for the sake of their other guests. It's not like he's roleplaying a retarded giant warrior.. he's simply being an asshole who looks for trouble and cries when trouble finds him.

11-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Don't get me wrong though, if your character has a valid reason to kill Warclaidhm, then I support his killing. The problem is, some people here, do not have any RP justification other than that he is just Warclaidhm and this goes for 95% of other people they kill.

I've yet to see any character attack others that give them a valid reason to if they are a higher level. I've yet to see anyone engage in conflict with anybody that has a really good chance to smear the floor with them. It seems people fall into the same cycle that people like Warclaidhm, Abztract, Michaelous, etc. are in, but since they claim that there was some sort of attack on them first, they are seen as the "good guys".

It also helps their case that they are not nearly as annoying as the others.

- Arkans

Parkbandit
11-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Syberus
I got Stealth to erase a warning and apologize to me a few times a while ago when he gave me said warning for killing someone in self defense.

Stealth kicks ass.

11-12-2004, 08:25 AM
Stealth is a pretty fair GM. He can be a bit too brash, but he's still okay.

- Arkans

Parkbandit
11-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Don't get me wrong though, if your character has a valid reason to kill Warclaidhm, then I support his killing. The problem is, some people here, do not have any RP justification other than that he is just Warclaidhm and this goes for 95% of other people they kill.

I've yet to see any character attack others that give them a valid reason to if they are a higher level. I've yet to see anyone engage in conflict with anybody that has a really good chance to smear the floor with them. It seems people fall into the same cycle that people like Warclaidhm, Abztract, Michaelous, etc. are in, but since they claim that there was some sort of attack on them first, they are seen as the "good guys".

- Arkans

You need to hang out with Falgrin more often. He annoys yound and old alike.

Falgrin has been smeared on many occasions.

11-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Which is really cool, PB. The problem is people like you and me are in the minority. They go around and throw their CS at people like Warclaidhm for the small infraction, but when an older character pisses in their beer they just giggle and smile.

- Arkans

Nieninque
11-12-2004, 08:38 AM

I've yet to see any character attack others that give them a valid reason to if they are a higher level. I've yet to see anyone engage in conflict with anybody that has a really good chance to smear the floor with them.

Not true. You saw Snowy fighting Reltov.
Snowy has also fought Teeoncy and Hammerrhead who were much higher levels than her. All of whom could and had killed her.
Snowy got into a ruck with Callinar who could've pasted her across Solhaven.

I saw Lyonis do it on many occasions, most notably against Evoz.

I would imagine that there are plenty of occasions for plenty of characters where they pitch up against higher levelled characters and dont back down.

Im sure there are others.

11-12-2004, 08:40 AM
You're right about that, but the sad part is, in my multiple years of GS, I'd be extremely hard pressed to point out situation like this that you displayed. On the other hand, people killing younger characters are a dime a dozen.

- Arkans

Parkbandit
11-12-2004, 08:45 AM
You're right about that, but the sad part is, in my multiple years of GS, I'd be extremely hard pressed to point out situation like this that you displayed. On the other hand, people killing younger characters are a dime a dozen.

- Arkans

But isn't that almost considered IC though? If you, the player were walking down the street.. would you tell someone like Mike Tyson to fuck off before you would tell some nerd to? I can see how a character would 'bow down' to the might of other much more powerful characters. That is not in Falgrin's nature to.. but I imagine it would be in most character's nature.

While you say it's the problem with the older characters.. I say it's a problem with the younger characters picking fights with more powerful characters. I can't tell you how many times I have new 'punks' coming up to Falgrin due to his reputation and saying things like "I own the park now.. and there is nothing you can do about it".. "You touch me and I'll report you" "You are only picking on me because I have less levels".

It's a two way street.

11-12-2004, 08:50 AM
But by appearance we do not know who is strong or who is not. Take Arkans for example. He's a Dark Elf that weighs about 180 lbs. and is "taller than average". This means that he has a slightly athetlic build. Now, take for example a Giantman Warrior. That fucker could weigh over 350 of pure muscle!

Take it a step further now, keep Arkans at level 74 and put the Giantman Warrior at level 5. Now, all of a sudden, Mike Tyson got the shit kicked out of him by someone much smaller. So, that rule definatly doesn't apply.

As far as people coming in and provoking Falgrin, I'd just react in an IC manner as you normally would. Fuck them if they cry about reporting. GMs are smart enough to handle situations where younger characters goad others into situations like this and cry report, it's really nothing to even consider an issue.

It all boils down to RP. If your character is a coward, by all means, my example doesn't apply to you. If your character is a "tough guy" then you need to stand up to people that could even destroy you.

Lastly, not all younger characters are idiots. Most are, but some really arn't. I remember I was sitting at the tavern and Arkans was being his normal fascistic self. All of a sudden, a younger character walks in and is like.. "Are you Arkans, that dangerous Warlock?", I had Arkans reply and he was all like, "Okay, I'll just leave you alone then.". So, putting the blame soley on younger characters isn't always the case, but I do see where you are coming from.

- Arkans

Parkbandit
11-12-2004, 08:52 AM
Not only the younger characters.. but it's also not only the older characters.

It's a two way street.

To remain on topic... Leloo killed Warclaidhm and that made me happy.

Eiderfleur
11-12-2004, 09:05 AM
You guys mention that older characters throw around their CS/AS around etc. However Eiderfleur being level 77 is always in awe of people who attack someone else while she is in the room. Example of this is Qahaar messing around with Kaelowyn and trying to sweep her, he trips over his own feet and fumbles, Kaelowyn who is around level 40ish cast at him and leaves him fumbling around helplessly, she immediately unstuns him, however it still left Eiderfleur who would probably quite easily be able to kill both of them in awe of Kaelowyn. To the point that level doesn't really matter with the way I RP Eiderfleur.

However, back to the point Leloo I highly suggest, as PB mentioned to write a professional looking letter to feedback, I've known of someone being banned for something they reported as a bug but she was unfairly treated and wrote to feedback and they reveiwed the case and removed her ban.

Fine, you swore, but you weren't swearing at Brauden it was the situation you swore at, just tell them it was a misunderstanding and you have interacted with Warclaidhm plenty of times and this was the first you actually cast at him and it was merely to defend yourselves while trying to remain alive during an invasion.

Soulpieced
11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
I just smash peons whenever I feel like, no warnings. :smilegrin:

AnticorRifling
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
I've never backed down and I've been dusted quite a few times. If I pick the fight and lose so be it. Move on. People that warn and assist about getting killed when they started it are just bitches plain and simple.

I think both sides of this story are kind of weak, he ewaved because he's a dumb ass, just wait and ewave back and let a creature smoke his gimp ass.

Drew2
11-12-2004, 09:45 AM
I was in the room when Warclaidhm e-waved. I accidently bone shattered Warex thoug. :(

I had to escort Warex to a healer and make sure he understood it was an accident. I came back and he just so happened to attack Leloo at that moment when I was doing what I meant to do in the first place.

HarmNone
11-12-2004, 10:32 AM
I have to agree that targetting one individual, like Warclaidhm, for constant harassment is lame. However, in Warc's case, he asks for it on a regular basis, just like he asks for it here. While it wouldn't be my choice to look for opportunities to kill him, I can understand why other people might do so. If you constantly place yourself in a negative light, that light is going to shine on you all the time.

Personally, I'd Assist/Report him every damned time he pulled one of his boneheaded stunts, and I'd make it clear why I was doing so. If the GMs don't want him killed for ruining the experience of everyone else, fine. Then DEAL WITH HIM, DAMMIT!

Jolena
11-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Brauden: I'm well aware of that, though let me ask you...if it had been anyone other than Warclaidhm would you have reacted differently? Better yet, would the 2 others have involved themselves?

2 others? I wasn't involved. If you meant me, since she mentioned me in the log as being one of the ones she knew. In fact, the screen scroll was SO freakin bad on my end that I saw none of that although I was there with her.

Moving on, I was talking to Stun about this last night on the phone, and we both agreed that for some reason the GM's are definately coddling Warclaidhm and I'm kinda interested in why that is suddenly happening.

As far as the e-wave, it IS consent for conflict is what I was always told by GM's, GH's etc. I think in an invasion, there are quite a few instances each time, that someone open implodes, e-waves, call-winds etc. and everyone gets pissed. However, in almost every single one of those instances, that person doing those things gets fucked up by the people who have told them to stop, etc. Do they get killed? Not unless they continue to do that shit OR if they attack back foolishly. And yet, I've never seen a GM pull someone over it before and slap their wrist, until now with Warclaidhm. Hmm..

As far as the warn for vulgarity, Mistomeer, Brauden I believe warned her for that because she said "This is bullshit" and he took it as her cussing AT him, not about the situation at hand, which is what she explained to him in the log when he told her she was being warned.

As to older characters causing issues..I dunno about you guys but in the last month I have had to deal with dhuul, Lycain and Methasomethingorother (can't remember his name well). All of which, I have had NO prior interaction with until they walked up to Jolena and just started shit, either through a whisper, through slapping her, punching something. I find that more and more often people like these idiots are just picking people out randomly to fuck with simply because they have nothing better to do. THOSE are the people the GM's should be worrying over, IMHO.

Mistomeer
11-12-2004, 04:04 PM

- Arkans

Exactly. Also, when characters get older, for the most part, they stop engaging in CvC type stuff because they know that they'll just get reported. If someone starts a fight with you, that has no possible chance of winning, and you kill them, chances are, you're going to get reported over it.

I just find it annoying that on one hand, you have someone who RP's a badass, then when they're around people that can waste them, their demeanor is completely different. Sure, there are exceptions, but for the most part, it's the norm.

Jonty
11-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
She lost points when she was so combative with the GM.

Did you not notice the part where Brauden completely ignored the fact that Warclaidhm attacked Leloo after his ewave, her stunning him, and before she killed him, and continuously saying that she had no concsent to conflict??? I'd definitely be combative with him as well if I was in that situation, and I wouldn't stop untill he acknowledged that he attacked first and that is consent to conflict, no matter if it's Warclaidhm or not.

[Edited on 11-12-2004 by Jonty]

Nieninque
11-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Jonty
I'd definitely be comative with him as well if I was in that situation,

He wasnt that dull, come on now!

Drew
11-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Arkans, my character who is much younger than you got into a bit a tussle (nothing serious) with Arkans, and then got into a fight with Reltov, which he promptly lost, and I kept coming back, Reltov killed me perhaps five times. So, not everyone does that.

Parkbandit
11-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Yea.. but Chiv is known for not being so smart. He's always the first to die.

:D

Drew
11-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Haha, true, I prefer "nobley stupid" rather than "not smart" :grin:

Askip
11-12-2004, 05:39 PM
<< for some reason the GM's are definately coddling Warclaidhm >>

I'd hope he's one step from a permaban. With his history the GMs should know that they'd be doing him and his parents a favor with a lockout.

He's not the only one for whom I have the same hope. :D

GSLeloo
11-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Of course I was combative. I defended myself and received some rather nasty sends from him saying I had absolutely no right to do it. When I said the situation was bullshit, not even discussing THIS one, he pulled me and made me read the stupid policy.

Caramia
11-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Alarke
Attacking someone because they e-wave is pretty standard if it was in a room full of people. I wont kill them, but i'll let em know to stop. Whether it be Warclaidhm or someone i'd never heard of, i would react the same. To say that she can't roleplay herself BECAUSE he's created such an image around himself is unfair and would take away from, if i were her, the fun of roleplaying who my character is.

Maybe standard for people that get irked easily. I've been ewaved plenty of time by idiots, but managed to refrain from giving into the knee-jerk tendency to pop them for it. The point I was making wasn't that she can't roleplay how she is, it's that she and others who outright kill Warclaidhm for doing stupid stuff just fill his sick need for attention, and make the GMs feel sorry for him, when it looks like he's being attacked for petty crap.

Like I said, if you all just let him hang himself, instead of reacting and responding to every twitlike thing he does, he'll be long gone a lot quicker.

11-12-2004, 11:37 PM
While some do fight, I'd like to still state it is extremely rare.

- Arkans

Caramia
11-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by 3704558
No.

If this is the case, the GM's would be much better served by simply locking out Warclaidhm than dishing out warnings and being an ass to anyone who picks on him.

In most cases, the kid deserves what he gets in the game. If there's a problem customer that can provoke such responses from other customers, you get rid of the problem customer, not the other customers.

You're still not looking at the big picture. Consider: Warclaidhm uses situations like this to report and manipulate what happens, to get attention. The GMs aren't likely to be watching him or you 24/7/365, so let's theorize that when he reports that he's being killed for ewaving or waving some other imbedded spell, any maybe he tells the GMs it was an accident, then all the GMs know when they watch is that he's getting a beatdown by half a dozen other people for what he claims was a mistake.

If you reported him for ewaving and attacking people during invasions, without responding back to him, the GMs would then have their open and shut case to lock him out.

Caramia
11-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
I'm sorry, do you PLAY GS4?

ASSIST and REPORT are the most useless verbs in that game. I dare anyone to argue otherwise.

Any GM can tell you I have quite a healthy record. A good majority of that record, however, is me utilizing ASSIST and REPORT in the situations that most GMs advise I do. What changes about the conflict over the course of the few days after I assist or report? Nothing. A GM tells me "I'll keep an eye on it", and then the next day when it happens again, that GM isn't around so I have to re-explain the situation to a new GameHost, who then passes it on to a new GM, who then doesn't give a shit about it anyway.

Warclaidhm is just the latest in the countless retards that I've met playing this game over the past several years. I deal with him the same way I've dealt with every single one before him, but he is the first one I've seen all the GMs huddle around and coddle when everyone is "being mean to him".

Do I intend on listening to Tigermist and not interacting with him? Absolutely. But I'm also going to REPORT the instant he opens his mouth or even glances at me. Every single instance thereafter. If GMs won't let me deal with my problems, you can sure as hell bet I'll be passing it over to them.

Yes Tayre, I do play, quite a bit. The difference between us is that I don't let twits get to me and I don't react to every stupid twit's actions by killing them.

I've used assist and report, successfully, but have little reason to, because I chose not to interact with people like Warclaidhm and I've learned to ignore them when they are around instead of letting them get to me and bother me.

GSLeloo
11-13-2004, 12:39 AM
As stated before, I hit him because it was in the middle of an invasion that he did that. I did not do it because he was Warclaidhm. I only killed him after he decided to try and attack me.

11-13-2004, 01:08 AM
I've never had an interaction with Brauden but he seemed kind of not-so-nice in this thread.

Then again, people flame Quabu and I think he's a pretty pretty cool.

All in all, I have read this entire thread and have proved myself literate.

[Edited on 11-13-2004 by Stanley Burrell]

Warclaidhm
11-13-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
Of course I was combative. I defended myself and received some rather nasty sends from him saying I had absolutely no right to do it. When I said the situation was bullshit, not even discussing THIS one, he pulled me and made me read the stupid policy.

Having a fit over reading the policy is going a bit too far.

GSLeloo
11-13-2004, 02:11 AM
ROFL I really think you have no room to talk about why anyone would behave in any manner. You're beyond all reason.

Miss X
11-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell Then again, people flame Quabu and I think he's a pretty pretty cool .

Umm... No.

Gotta say though, I like Brauden, I've generally found him to be quite a nice guy but then I've never been on the wrong side of policy (as far as I know anyway) ;)