PDA

View Full Version : Ironskin

Enuch
11-16-2015, 04:34 PM
So I was reading the WIKI on Ironskin and it sounds intriguing but I did have some questions concerning it.

So the base armor for a monk in Robes (which I will assume to be in the entire rest of this post) if I read it correctly would be in full leathers. I guess my question, because it doesn't specifically touch on it in the WIKI is how does this effect UAC and armor?

I am curious because I believe UAC takes in to account as heavier armor effects UAC, does the spell take this into account, or with the spell cast at say a ASG 12 level, will it hinder my strikes to a Brig level versus what I am wearing at the robes level?

Also to the armor side, similar instance as the WIKI doesn't specifically state but will I need to meet the casting thresholds and encumberance thresholds for ASG 12 on the monk through armor training, or does the spell ignore the armor ranks and only consider my robes?

Was curious as it sounds awesome but I feel like these are important things to weigh before I decide to pump 5 ranks for the seed 1 bump to speed me up the tiniest bit.

Astray
11-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Iron Skin, from what I can tell, gives you the benefit of the armor without the penalty to UAC. You can still wear robes and use Iron Skin.

From I've read about it anyways.

Enuch
11-16-2015, 04:38 PM
splendid, thank you!

MrMortimur
11-16-2015, 04:49 PM
You'll get all the benefits of the armor (excluding corresponding CVA) without any of the penalties or training requirements of the actual armor your iron skin creates on your person.

Astray
11-16-2015, 04:51 PM
excluding corresponding CVA

Which is the biggest, glaring issue.

Frogman452
07-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Has anyone tested the effects of armor accessories with 1202? I have a monk that uses enough lore/level bonus for his 1202 to be brig equiv so that I can wear armor accessories but never really thought to test it. Would upgrading 1 asg to chain still allow him to wear say a helmet and greaves without any penalty? I'm thinking perhaps in this regard the robes are what counts and not the spell asg but like I said I have not tested it.

Maerit
07-10-2016, 04:54 PM
I believe armor accessories are only related to physically worn armor. Since you cannot wear anything heavier than robes and get the effects of 1202, adding accessories would not likely augment the effects of 1202 in any way since adding an armor accessory (even a helm) to robes will not increase your base AsG.

Donquix
07-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Pretty sure someone posted about armor accessories and the GM's addressed it so they worked, insofar as conveying padding and all that, not sure on the critical divisors.