PDA

View Full Version : Just so you all know.

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Sancting when someone gets a scarab on them is a bad, bad idea.

As Barintia pokes around inside the lock, you hear a clicking noise coming from within a dented silver chest. A tiny blood red insect with a large teardrop etched on its shell scuttles out of the locking mechanism and darts towards Barintia!

A blood red teardrop-etched scarab clamps its tiny mandibles onto Barintia's chest!
>
Schell traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
>
Grendeg put some acantha leaf in his orc hide vest.
>
Schell gestures.
A sense of peace and calm settles over the area.
>
Grendeg slings a lock and key crested rolaren shield off from over his shoulder.
>blink
Barintia gasps in pain and shock as a blood red teardrop-etched scarab pulsates, drawing the blood from her body!
>
You blink.
>"that's bad to sanct...
You say, "that's bad to sanct..."
>'now she's going to die.
You say, "now she's going to die."
Grendeg says, "Leave quickly, please."
>l schell
You see Schell Sch'aar the Brother.
He appears to be a Human from Vornavis.
He appears to be young. He has twitching pink albino eyes and pasty white skin. He has a shaven head of white hair. He has a bony face and sunken cheeks. He has a crescent moon-shaped birthmark on his forehead.
He has a tattooed symbol of Zelia on his forearm.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a lustrous sleek onyx pendant, an agate inset gold pin, a gold corded silk alms bag, a shiny nine pointed iron medal, a midnight black velvet headcloth, an oddly enruned greatcloak adorned with the image of a raving lunatic devouring purple turnips, a burgundy cracked leather belt, a small crystal Sovyn pin, a fat caterpillar finger puppet, some ora-plated eonake war boots, a badly cracked troll-bone scabbard, an silvery moon-shaped pin, a twisted bronze chain, some thick ora framed spectacles, some ghostly white leather, some white monir and dark fel prayer beads, a glistening sea-blue buckler, and a moonstone studded copper bracer.
>
Grendeg nods to Schell.
Schell raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...
>
Barintia gasps in pain and shock as a blood red teardrop-etched scarab pulsates, drawing the blood from her body!
>
Grendeg says, "She's dead if you don't."
Schell gestures at a wooden barrel.
Nothing happens.
>
Schell raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...
>
Grendeg says, "And maybe if you do."
>
Schell gestures at Barintia.
>

* Barintia drops dead at your feet!

Lucky for me I left but now they're all dead.

Doh.

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Hence why sanct is over powered. A lvl 13 cleric/empath being able stop a lvl 200 sorcerer, for example, is a bit dense.

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Now, two are dead, the third is about to die, and here I am standing here waiting for him to die so I can kill the thing. Eesh.

Taernath
09-06-2003, 10:34 PM
Tell cleric to uncurse the victim (so the scarab pops out again), then KICK the scarab while in either guarded or defensive. You squish it by stepping on it.

[Edited on 9/7/03 by Taernath]

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:37 PM
The cleric was the one that sancted, and the second one to die. LOL.

So it attached to the third victim, and for some reason the sanct didn't drop when the cleric died... so... I dragged the third out of sanct... I have no ambush, but he insisted I try. He died, I killed the thing.

Such fun!

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Oh, and that is NOT a flame on the cleric or anyone involved, the guy didn't know, it's not his fault. I just thought this was a good example to post, so that... maybe someone who doesn't know will learn.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I found a great way to get rid of bugs that are in other people..Implode them..fixes it right up.

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:43 PM
I thought it rather odd that he asked me to leg him. Eventually, I did leg him... this is kind of funny, so I'll post it.

You say, "I can't get it off you..."
>
Grendeg gasps in pain and shock as a blood red teardrop-etched scarab pulsates, drawing the blood from his body!
>l gren
You see Grendeg Hawkshadow.
He appears to be a Human.
He appears to be in the spring of life and tall. He has piercing grey eyes and tanned skin. He has short, straight black hair streaked with silver. He has a clean-shaven face.
He has a blood red teardrop-etched scarab attached to his right leg, pulsating steadily!
He has a soaring hawk tattoo on his arm, and a flaming blade tattoo on his arm.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a small razor-sharp hatchet in his right hand.
He is wearing a blood red teardrop-etched scarab, a crystal amulet, a shadowy black hip-satchel, a spiderweb obsidian amulet, some twilight grey leather, a grey wolf-hide cloak, a tooled silver alloy flask, a silverback orc hide vest, a mithril juggernaut pin, a lock and key crested rolaren shield, and a gold ring.
>
Grendeg says, "Chop off my right leg."
>'But I can kill it...
Grendeg gasps in pain and shock as a blood red teardrop-etched scarab pulsates, drawing the blood from his body!
>
You say, "But I can kill it..."
>"I can't ambush.
You say, "I can't ambush."
>
>'And the only cleric is dead
You say, "And the only cleric is dead"
>l
[Northern Caravansary, Wagon Row]

Also here: Grendeg
Obvious paths: north, east, west
>
twit
>You feel that nervous twitch starting up again.
>
>'If you can heal yourself it'll eventually die, maybe?
You ask, "If you can heal yourself it'll eventually die, maybe?"
"I don't know.
>You say, "I don't know."
>
>
Grendeg says, "I hope so."
>
>
>
>
Grendeg asks, "Just try an ambush?"
>
>ambush grend right leg
You fail to find an opening for the strike.
Roundtime: 5 Sec.
>
ambush grend right leg
>...wait 1 seconds.
>ambush grend right leg
You fail to find an opening for the strike.
Roundtime: 5 Sec.
>ambush grend right leg
You thrust with a blackened fel imflass-headed warlance at Grendeg!
AS: +119 vs DS: +25 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +9 = +138
... and hit for 24 points of damage!
Strike pierces upper arm!

** Your imflass-headed warlance releases a blast of vibrating energy! **
... 7 points of damage!
Blow grazes right leg.
Roundtime: 9 sec.
>
>wince
You furrow up your face and wince.
>'It's not going to work...
You say, "It's not going to work..."
>
>
Grendeg says, "Try it again."
sign recognition
>You rub your left cheek with your right thumb.
>
>ambush grend right leg
You thrust with a blackened fel imflass-headed warlance at Grendeg!
AS: +119 vs DS: +5 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +64 = +213
... and hit for 92 points of damage!
Shot shatters hip and severs right leg!
Grendeg screams and falls to the ground grasping his mangled right leg!

* Grendeg drops dead at your feet!

Roundtime: 6 sec.
>stare
You stare at nothing in particular.
>
A blood red teardrop-etched scarab suddenly pulses a bright crimson and drops away from Grendeg!
>kill scarab
Lady Kiyote just arrived.
>
...wait 2 seconds.
>
You hear the ghostly voice of Grendeg say, "Well, that worked."
kill scarab

>You thrust with a blackened fel imflass-headed warlance at a blood red teardrop-etched scarab!
AS: +119 vs DS: +5 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +98 = +251
... and hit for 118 points of damage!
Shot shatters hip and severs right leg!
The teardrop-etched scarab twitches loudly as it collapses to the ground as its mangled right hind leg gives way.
The teardrop-etched scarab flips over, legs flailing weakly at the air before it expires.
Roundtime: 6 sec.
>
Torim's group just arrived.
>
Torim's group just went north.
>
Kiyote calmly says, "eek"
>
Torim's group just arrived.
>'At least I hit the leg?
l
You ask, "At least I hit the leg?"

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:45 PM
LOL

:lol:

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Thats a sexy lance you got there...

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:46 PM
The lance totally rocks. But I don't think it's very good for ambushing! :roll:

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:48 PM
Hehe, let her trip ya with it stray!

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Most polearmers I've encountered tended to go the Mstrike route. Ambush usually was to offset the lack of raw damage smaller, one handed weapons did. Hence why 2-handers would kill in two shots regardless of aiming; simply damage. Lance, being one of the strongest weapons in the game, is the same here.

Of course, this all may be moot come GS4.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:50 PM
I had an mstriking brawler once..that mean I went the wrong way down a 1 way street?

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm going to be sad if polearms get neutered in GS4. I'm just getting into this character.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:51 PM
what is she/he? :)

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 10:51 PM
Not at all. It all depends on how much damage you could do and how quickly. If you were hitting 6 times for 60 damage a hit, it doesn't matter if you crit it or not, it will drop quick.

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
what is she/he? :)

Elf warrior, baby, yeah!

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:52 PM
it was 2 tiger claws..I hit 5 times, each hand in 5 secends...and like what, a max of maybe 30 dmg a hit?

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 10:53 PM
I dunno, I can see some weapons being downtweaked, but others up-tweaked. Your jeddart-axe for example. We'll see.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:53 PM
ok, now you getta tell us what elf :-P There is only 4 different types..

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:54 PM
My understanding is, because lances only puncture, you end up having to use other types of weapons too (Like if I ever want to hunt crystal golems, or something.) Jeddart-axes slash... I think. I'm no expert. :P

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Oh, I believe there may be some CM skills for polearms, like a kind of "readying" ability.

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
My understanding is, because lances only puncture, you end up having to use other types of weapons too (Like if I ever want to hunt crystal golems, or something.) Jeddart-axes slash... I think. I'm no expert. :P

This is true, but I am no expert, having never been a polearmer. I believe lance to be piercing and maybe crushing. Gimme a few and I will look at the numbers...

Adhara
09-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
it was 2 tiger claws..I hit 5 times, each hand in 5 secends...and like what, a max of maybe 30 dmg a hit?

-Adredrin

I thought you couldn't swing two brawlers with two weapon combat? I have tried with two fist-scythes and/or katars and I couldn't.

StrayRogue
09-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Hmmm, 30 damage a hit is a bit iffy. Though 150 damage per 5 seconds isn't bad... Maybe increase to a harder hitting brawler?

Trinitis
09-07-2003, 01:00 AM
If ya did, you would loose the base 5 RT

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-07-2003, 01:04 AM
Hell, if I survived at ambushing at 7 seconds, so can you.

Drew2
09-07-2003, 01:07 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but you can bind scarabs in a sanct. And they die automatically after a minute.

Back
09-07-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Hmmm, 30 damage a hit is a bit iffy. Though 150 damage per 5 seconds isn't bad... Maybe increase to a harder hitting brawler?

Go Two Weapon.

Betheny
09-07-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
I don't know if this has been mentioned but you can bind scarabs in a sanct. And they die automatically after a minute.

except the cleric died.

Drew2
09-07-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Maimara

Originally posted by Tayre

except the cleric died.
OMFG I THOUGHT YOU WERE USING MAIMARA SUE ME.

Ok.