PDA

View Full Version : Death's Sting

Mistomeer
11-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Maybe this has already been asked, but does anyone know how to get your CON back up to normal quickly?

Kaeral
11-11-2004, 11:01 AM
You have to gain experience.. Constitution loss goes away at 1 point per 2000 experience gained.. or I hear on of the potions from the sylvan priestess is supposed to cure death's sting altogether.

Delaroz
11-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Potions from the town Priestess get your Con back quickly. On a related note:

Has Death's Sting changed anyone's view of invasions? It doesn't seem as fun anymore to me to run out into a battle in which I will certainly be killed, even if I could do a little damage.

Kaeral
11-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Personally not really, I still don't care much about getting killed. Actually, being a spellcaster, I prefer death's sting to losing experience when decaying. I have to take the time to spellup anyway after I die, so it doesn't matter whether my stats are low for a while or not.

Eiderfleur
11-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Kaeral
Personally not really, I still don't care much about getting killed. Actually, being a spellcaster, I prefer death's sting to losing experience when decaying. I have to take the time to spellup anyway after I die, so it doesn't matter whether my stats are low for a while or not.

I must say I agree with you since Eiderfleur is my main character, however I haven't died yet with my rogue, I dread to imagine what a pain in the ass that will be, but she is a dark elf so would end up waiting for spirit either way, who knows.

:shrug:

Kaishaku
11-11-2004, 11:42 AM
The annoying part is decaying, where your regen rate drops.

Kaeral
11-11-2004, 11:45 AM
As a dark elf apparently it takes forever to get spirit back, but that doesn't phase me at all either: as a Voln master wizard, I have no use for spirit because none of the creatures I hunt drains it. So I'm in no danger of death, and by the time I have enough spells to go out hunting again, my spirit is almost full anyway.

Kaishaku
11-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Damn volners. :>

I was half tempted to try and master voln. But I like the AS adders to COL.

Kaeral
11-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Heh.. if it was just for power I'd have gone Col too. I mean, wracking? a full head of mana for some spirit? I'd be double my train by now. But Kaeral would never go Col, it's not in his nature.

Kainen
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Kaeral is a goody two shoes!!! :aww: but he's right.. being a pure spellcaster death sting doesnt suck as much.