View Full Version : T5 Wins!

SashaFierce
10-24-2015, 02:22 AM
Find it?
Share it!

sot
10-24-2015, 03:01 AM
From plat...
teacup, +7 stamina recovery when held. Appears you could pour something in it.
golvern-banded double leathers. 5x, grapple flares, spiked.
runestaff, 5x, fire flares, +5 demonology bonus, +10 elemental mana control bonus
-Sot

Jarvan
10-24-2015, 03:20 PM
5x ice flaring doubles - Prime

time4fun
10-24-2015, 03:33 PM
MR Call Familiar Ring

Methais
10-24-2015, 03:34 PM
Those are T5 items?

time4fun
10-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Those are T5 items?

Yeah.... That's what all of us were thinking too I'm sure

Methais
10-24-2015, 03:42 PM

That's weaker than Superman 64's ratings.

Jarvan
10-24-2015, 04:11 PM
a smooth alabaster death mask

>look mask
Fashioned from pale alabaster, the death mask's features are detailed in black ink, outlining the eyes, brows, nose, and lips. The only other ornamentation on the funerary piece is a thin border of conjoined scarabs in blue, green, and crimson along the mask's edge, culminating in a gold-traced asp at the top.

You analyze your alabaster death mask and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions, but the creator has stated that "The item type should not change."

The creator has also provided the following information:
You can have the alabaster death mask altered, but it must stay a death mask. Its features can be changed too, in the same fashion as normal feature alterations of the eyes, hair, face, nose, and skin. You can also have a distinguishing mark that is face-related.

You can tell that the mask is as light as it can get.

What is with this utter shit?

Tsk Tsk
10-24-2015, 04:21 PM

Well the winners can't all be winners now can they?

Kronius
10-24-2015, 04:24 PM
Well the winners can't all be winners now can they?

lulz

Androidpk
10-24-2015, 05:14 PM
What is with this utter shit?

?

Brad
10-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Potentially silly question, but how can one distinguish between T4 and T5 when digging?

sot
10-24-2015, 06:16 PM
gem/ruby/something-studded/set/encrusted

Some examples are ruby-studded, gem-encrusted.

GoingGone
10-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Peer at the Death Mask to see what it looks like if you wear it and are dead. It just changes your features into weird crap while you're dead. I got one in Plat, and when I'm dead it looks like I'm going ethereal and fading away.

Jarvan
10-24-2015, 07:22 PM
As you peer at the alabaster death mask...

You see someone vaguely resembling yourself, but dead.
He is taller than average and appears to be youthful. He has faintly luminescent crimson eyes and darkly shriveled skin. He has matted, brittle grey-black hair that has all but fallen out of her decaying scalp. He has a worm-eaten face, a desiccated and flattened nose and crescent-shaped gouges in both cheeks. His long, upswept ears are sharply pointed, though they bend slightly backwards at the tips.

QC at it's best!

Brad
10-24-2015, 08:30 PM
Ok, thanks, good to know I've only gotten T4, or I may be a bit cheated, ha.

huka
10-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Not sure about these items:

a twisted white ridgemace: scripted, This ridgemace makes little whirlwinds.

a sinew-laced leather flute case with a roughly hewn latch: contains a polished femur bone flute.

Ha.

Jarvan
10-25-2015, 01:07 PM
both T4

Gizmo
10-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Telus won a T5 at noodling, was a venim-thread cloak of sorts

ArchSenex
10-25-2015, 01:22 PM
Another MR Call Familiar ring, 5x Shield with TD, and an unlocked jewelry holder are the ones I've seen/heard.

Overall.. a bit tepid compared to last year, I must admit.

(Sorry, crystal holder)

Gizmo
10-25-2015, 01:23 PM
Another MR Call Familiar ring, 5x Shield with TD, and an unlocked jewelry holder are the ones I've seen/heard.

Overall.. a bit tepid compared to last year, I must admit.

This happens too though when the pool is still large to pull from, the smaller it gets the better stuff sometimes pops up more

Hips
10-25-2015, 03:17 PM
some midnight black leather gauntlets covered in a pattern of white invar studs (6x, void flares, scripted raise/nudge/exhale/jump/spin/wave/touch/turn)
a rune-carved black golvern cuirass (5x, +5 TD MBP)
a slim ora-studded leather wand bandolier with gold-corded loops (over the front, holds 50 pounds)

Androidpk
10-25-2015, 03:19 PM
some midnight black leather gauntlets covered in a pattern of white invar studs (6x, void flares, scripted raise/nudge/exhale/jump/spin/wave/touch/turn)
a rune-carved black golvern cuirass (5x, +5 TD MBP)
a slim ora-studded leather wand bandolier with gold-corded loops (over the front, holds 50 pounds)

Nice finds

Hob
10-25-2015, 04:03 PM
You analyze your polished ruic longbow and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

This is a longbow that can be loaded with the following wands to impart elemental flares on the arrows/bolts it shoots as appropriate by the wand:

Golden Wands - Heat flares

You can load the magic into the weapon by holding the weapon in one hand and the appropriate wand in another and using LOAD. There is special messaging for the LOAD, FIRE, LOOK, and SHOW verbs.

ArchSenex
10-25-2015, 04:10 PM
You analyze your polished ruic longbow and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

This is a longbow that can be loaded with the following wands to impart elemental flares on the arrows/bolts it shoots as appropriate by the wand:

Golden Wands - Heat flares

You can load the magic into the weapon by holding the weapon in one hand and the appropriate wand in another and using LOAD. There is special messaging for the LOAD, FIRE, LOOK, and SHOW verbs.

If that's just 4x then it should be a T4 win. They were common as dirt last year, this year not quite so common, but still there's a lot of them out there.

Hob
10-25-2015, 04:12 PM
If that's just 4x then it should be a T4 win. They were common as dirt last year, this year not quite so common, but still there's a lot of them out there.

Yep, just 4x. Just excited to post SOMETHING useful amidst all the other useless crap I'm finding.

Kithus
10-25-2015, 05:48 PM
+27, ice flaring short sword with TWC scripts
1x/day Tart creating tin - creates 6 nifty tarts

nindon
10-25-2015, 06:01 PM
I found this at the Deserted Cottage game. That game gives no indication of the tier of a win. I imagine it is a T5.

a haggard-nosed goblin mask

Plainly, a master artisan was responsible for the creation of this pale green mask. The bony, angular face is framed in spiked, tufts of dark red hair sticking up from the scalp. There are no eyeholes; instead, feral bright red eyes are painted upon the mask. An intricate arcane sigil has been incised just above the haggard nose.

>wear my mask
You press the goblin mask against your face for a moment. When you lower your hand, the mask adheres of its own accord. At first, it feels as cold and clammy as a corpse's brow, but then the mask grows as warm as your own flesh. Your skin tingles sharply as the mask melts into your skin. You can sense powerful magic at work on your features, and you know that your appearance has changed. The mask is gone.

You see Nindon Brightfeet.
He appears to be a Halfling.
He appears to be advanced in years. He has feral bright red eyes and pale green skin. He has spiked, tufts of dark red hair sticking up from the scalp. He has a bony, angular face, a haggard nose and large pointed ears.

Three hours later, this happened:
Your facial features slowly grow heavy and seem to harden. Without warning, something solid and smooth slips from your face and tumbles into your free hand.

At that point, my appearance returned to normal and the mask was in my hand.

Wrathbringer
10-25-2015, 06:30 PM
I found this at the Deserted Cottage game. That game gives no indication of the tier of a win. I imagine it is a T5.

a haggard-nosed goblin mask

Plainly, a master artisan was responsible for the creation of this pale green mask. The bony, angular face is framed in spiked, tufts of dark red hair sticking up from the scalp. There are no eyeholes; instead, feral bright red eyes are painted upon the mask. An intricate arcane sigil has been incised just above the haggard nose.

>wear my mask
You press the goblin mask against your face for a moment. When you lower your hand, the mask adheres of its own accord. At first, it feels as cold and clammy as a corpse's brow, but then the mask grows as warm as your own flesh. Your skin tingles sharply as the mask melts into your skin. You can sense powerful magic at work on your features, and you know that your appearance has changed. The mask is gone.

You see Nindon Brightfeet.
He appears to be a Halfling.
He appears to be advanced in years. He has feral bright red eyes and pale green skin. He has spiked, tufts of dark red hair sticking up from the scalp. He has a bony, angular face, a haggard nose and large pointed ears.

Three hours later, this happened:
Your facial features slowly grow heavy and seem to harden. Without warning, something solid and smooth slips from your face and tumbles into your free hand.

At that point, my appearance returned to normal and the mask was in my hand.

t4

Shang Tsung
10-25-2015, 08:26 PM
>analy jack
You analyze your black leather jacket and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

This is a very special item. It can have different descriptions when held and worn. Wait! What?? That's right, you can now have that tight bodice, low-rise pants, or maybe that long cloak that actually drags on the ground. Keep in mind that normal alteration rules may still apply based on merchant personalities and general good taste. I hope you enjoy the new clothing line.

This item has the following worn description:
a fitted black leather jacket secured with silver buckles

Cloak worn, huge amount, 6 lbs, max l/d... :/

jon1833
10-25-2015, 08:32 PM
Probably enhansive.

Mogonis
10-25-2015, 08:54 PM
some flowing veniom-threaded robes, cloth torso armor, enchanter's glyph. I'm told it's probably 5x robes with flares.

Update: 5x, +5 TD

Jarvan
10-26-2015, 12:39 AM
some prismatic ether

Saves me 25 bucks at least.

crb
10-26-2015, 09:43 AM
think this is t5. also, whats "incredible" capacity?

>take backp
You remove a veniom-threaded backpack from in your grey sack.
>anal backp
You analyze your veniom-threaded backpack and sense that the item is free from merchant alteration restrictions.

You can tell that the backpack is as light as it can get and that its pockets could not possibly get any deeper.
>insp backp
You carefully inspect your veniom-threaded backpack.

You estimate that a veniom-threaded backpack can store an incredible amount with enough space for any number of items.

You determine that you could wear the backpack on your back. The backpack appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of cloth.
>weigh backp
You carefully examine the veniom-threaded backpack and determine that the weight is about 8 pounds.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>look in backp
There is nothing in there.

SashaFierce
10-26-2015, 10:07 AM

elsif space =~ /incredible/i
holds = "160-179"

GS4-Brimzstone
10-26-2015, 10:30 AM

Nice find! If it's similar to the one off the shelf at the premium festival it has some open/close scripts

Kithus
10-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Found a sanct breaker amulet last night.

Fallen
10-26-2015, 02:43 PM
Nothing has changed. Digging odds have been untouched since I coded the new version of it. And for anyone wondering what the odds use to be with the older digging (at Valathae), I'll give you a fun fact. Unique items were limited to 1 per 4 hours. Meaning only 6 could go out in a day, and once the timer was ready to pop one out, it went to the lucky person who typed DIG at the precise second. Before Velathae, it was even worse.

Games are faster than digging, but the odds are adjusted to be (roughly) equal when we look at silvers spent per minute. The Deserted Cottage is likely the fastest and cheaper game at Ebon Gate, but the odds are weirder than the rest. Not worse, not better, just weird.

~Wyrom, APMWyrom talking about T5 wins and digging and other games.

Mogonis
10-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Is 'weird' a qualifier used by reputable statisticians?

SashaFierce
10-26-2015, 05:04 PM
You reach down and pull a saewehna-set silver crate from the muck.
You grab a trim leather thigh-sheath bound with white leather cord from inside the silver crate.

The leather thigh-sheath is intended to stow a weapon. It is holy, and will bless weapons when they are stored inside and the leather thigh-sheath is activated.
The leather thigh-sheath draws power to itself, lending its use 3 times per day. It has 3 uses left today.
Each use will give 50 swings of Bless.

Neovik1
10-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Isn't that a t4?

SashaFierce
10-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Isn't that a t4?

Jeweled boxes in digging are T5's

Luntz
10-26-2015, 06:39 PM
from Rock N' Roll

a pair of mechanical goggles with deep violet glass lenses, gnomish mech goggles, T2 unlocked, feature altering

Neovik1
10-26-2015, 07:44 PM
Jeweled boxes in digging are T5's

Thought I pulled a bunch of these as T4s previous years. maybe I'm wrong. gotta go back and check my lockers on my alts...

tash
10-26-2015, 07:52 PM
I think for the blessing sheath posted earlier is that it's the 3x a day that moves it to the tier 5 range. I know there are the other blessing or detecting sheaths, but I think the T4 blessing sheaths are not 3x a day. I could be totally incorrect there, so apologies if I'm wrong. It just seems like that's the extra piece from memory of how those work that could boost it to T5. Either way, it's a pretty good prize.

tash
10-26-2015, 08:10 PM
and to add on, other prime t5 prizes I've seen go out
boots similar to the gloves posted above, 6x, void flaring, heavily scripted

And a lot of carousel-motif rings. So for sure, more things than have been posted here.

Kithus
10-26-2015, 10:00 PM
a sleek reddish gold ruic bow inlaid with coiling verdant kelyn vines
6x
It provides a bonus of 4 to Perception Bonus.
It provides a bonus of 4 to Stalking and Hiding Bonus.
It provides a bonus of 4 to Ambush Bonus.

Hips
10-26-2015, 11:02 PM
a profusion of gauzy organza petticoats

This gauzy organza petticoats can either be worn beneath a gown or laced into one to change the gown's description. The gauzy organza petticoats are fully unlocked and trapped for LACE, UNLACE, WEAR, REMOVE, TURN, PUSH, PULL, RUB, POSE, CURTSY, SASHAY, and DANCE.
The gauzy organza petticoats may be altered as long as it remains some sort of underskirt or petticoat that would be acceptable as part of a gown alteration. It is not intended to be lingerie or risque. Keep in mind that the petticoats will not be visible in your inventory when you are wearing it alone.

nichelas
10-27-2015, 11:46 AM
First T5 pull in five years -

suit of kroderine platemail

Going to have to reactivate some of my other characters to get the details on it...

Mogonis
10-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Haha. Good one.

time4fun
10-27-2015, 02:05 PM

Going to have to reactivate some of my other characters to get the details on it...

Congrats. That's amazing.

shad0ws0ngs
10-27-2015, 02:18 PM
one of those unlimited beer kegs.. not a pull I made, but one a friend got..

a square-shaped banyan wood keg - POURs for nettle beer

Jarvan
10-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Nice find for them. Wish they would make an unlimited bottle of wine

Androidpk
10-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Or an unlimited whiskey flask.

Fallen
10-27-2015, 04:35 PM
>>Is there a limit on how many tier 5 items go out by the hour?

No.

>>Am I doing something wrong? Between 2 accounts, I've dropped millions and have not seen a single tier 5 whereas I see a couple of people play for like 10 minutes and find one

RNG is all that comes into play. It's only a single roll, nothing complex.

>>Does class, skill, level, encumberance, gender, race, or name play a role in the calculation?

No.

>>Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated

It's 100% luck.

~Wyrom, APM

jon1833
10-27-2015, 04:58 PM
[/B][/B][/I][/I][/I][/I]

Thank you for keeping us up to date with this info. These are the biggest questions I've had while doing these games.

Tylec
10-27-2015, 05:43 PM
some pale blue leather buskins with hammered golvern beading

Best I can tell, 5x, scripted (locked) cold flaring UAC boots

Yippeee

Ardwen
10-27-2015, 06:20 PM
all I've gotten from this thread is a pile of junk a set of decent plate, and Michiko is back!

Brad
10-27-2015, 06:40 PM
some pale blue leather buskins with hammered golvern beading

Best I can tell, 5x, scripted (locked) cold flaring UAC boots

Yippeee

You sure those are T5? Because I got a very similar pair (but fire) that were a T4.

Tylec
10-27-2015, 06:46 PM
You sure those are T5? Because I got a very similar pair (but fire) that were a T4.

It came from a pull the carousel down win. Shouldnt be T5 by any stretch considering there was 5x uac crap at Duskruin for a few hundred BS, but it definitely came from a T5 pull.

Luftstreitkräfte
10-27-2015, 06:48 PM
So glad I didn't do EG this year. Seems wack.

Archigeek
10-27-2015, 10:58 PM

Barring some added perk(s), it is likely +22 with standard kroderine properties. Very nice find.

nichelas
10-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Barring some added perk(s), it is likely +22 with standard kroderine properties. Very nice find.

Is there any way to actually test for added perks? Tried with my bard earlier and that was... unsuccessful.

LivderaDeralleur
10-28-2015, 09:55 AM
Finally got a T5 after days and days and hours and hours of playing ... and it's a zested necklace.
a delicate silk filament necklet suspending a pastel-banded golden dawn agate
You analyze your silk filament necklet and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.
This item may be altered by a talented merchant, so long as it remains a necklace-type of item!
You can try to TOUCH, RUB, and PULL the necklet.
You can tell that the necklet is as light as it can get.

... it just sings as 500k jewelry. I'm not sure it does anything else. Color me disappointed. It's even worse than the one year I only got an altered amulet holer, though at least that did something useful (and was made of veil iron.)

Oh well - going to keep trying. Maybe I'll get a 2nd better pull.

Jarvan
10-28-2015, 11:02 AM
Finally got a T5 after days and days and hours and hours of playing ... and it's a zested necklace.
a delicate silk filament necklet suspending a pastel-banded golden dawn agate
You analyze your silk filament necklet and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.
This item may be altered by a talented merchant, so long as it remains a necklace-type of item!
You can try to TOUCH, RUB, and PULL the necklet.
You can tell that the necklet is as light as it can get.

... it just sings as 500k jewelry. I'm not sure it does anything else. Color me disappointed. It's even worse than the one year I only got an altered amulet holer, though at least that did something useful (and was made of veil iron.)

Oh well - going to keep trying. Maybe I'll get a 2nd better pull.

I am sure it is more then just a necklace, a have a bard sing to it.

LivderaDeralleur
10-28-2015, 11:34 AM
I am sure it is more then just a necklace, a have a bard sing to it.

I did have my bard sing to it - the value sang as 500k and the purpose was just 'jewelry'. So it would appear it's just fancy altered necklace.

Maerit
10-28-2015, 11:42 AM
I wish someone would post the criteria for different games to identify if it's a T5. Like what does the pig look like when you do pig wrasslin', or what color balloon gets popped in dart throwing (right?). I know you get a jeweled chest from digging, but I have barely been to EG since the advent of the games and have no idea what to look for.

LivderaDeralleur
10-28-2015, 12:04 PM
I wish someone would post the criteria for different games to identify if it's a T5. Like what does the pig look like when you do pig wrasslin', or what color balloon gets popped in dart throwing (right?). I know you get a jeweled chest from digging, but I have barely been to EG since the advent of the games and have no idea what to look for.

I can tell you in pig wrestling the T5 is a rooster. T4 is a speedy piglet.

Usually if you play a while you'll figure out which ones are which.

time4fun
10-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Darts is a tiny gold orb patterned with silver stars

Jarvan
10-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Ducks is gold

Wraggling is Gnome-sized

and Rock n Roll is purple.

jon1833
10-28-2015, 03:20 PM
Ball toss, t4 is knocking down 4 out of the 5 bottles. T5 I would assume is knocking down all five, but out of all the hours i've spent playing, I've never seen anyone do it.

Fallen
10-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Posting some information Wyrom gave out on the boards. It was regarding the subject of "luck" in games, but went on to describe random number generation and general systems information as well. I found it interesting, though some of the terms aren't known to me.

It's just programmed to seem that way.

This is true in a lot of cases outside GS. But you're literally just rolling a very large-sided die. No multiple dice, no funny math, no timers, no final checks against anything else, no failsafes, no PRNG. GS uses a lot of random results to be the final result. Now, if you want to get philosophical with me, then yes, harnessing true chaos to create a random event isn't truly random.

The digging from before Feywrot Mire definitely used a PRNG. It didn't use a weighted roll, but it used a timer to simulate luck. Digging 2.0 does not use this. Multi-Game and Digging use a lot of the same randomness.

Now the important question... Does lucksong affect the digging dice roll?!

No. There aren't any professional bonuses at all anymore.

Huh. What's your source of entropy, if you don't mind me asking?

I should revisit what I said a moment. The IFEs (GemStone IV and DragonRealms) create pseudorandomness via most likely an algorithm of whatever was made at the time GS was created. But when we code, we don't use anything outside of that. There aren't any steps we do outside plugging in the base command to pull the number. And that's all I meant. We don't create any sort of routine to alter the number. As for what we use, you will need to get hired with a higher access than me to find out.

~Wyrom, APM

Mogonis
10-28-2015, 09:15 PM
No professional bonuses at all for anything??

Fallen
10-28-2015, 09:16 PM
No professional bonuses at all for anything??

I interpreted that comment as no professional bonuses for any game of chance at Ebon Gate. You'd have to read the unabridged thread chain to be sure, though. I was mostly skimming.

Mogonis
10-28-2015, 09:24 PM
He worded it misleadingly maybe, or pre-Wyrom there were profession bonuses at pay events. That would be shitty.

Fallen
10-28-2015, 09:39 PM
People are starting to really get paranoid about the EG Midway games.

Maybe the better way to raise the question would have been, are you certain that the T5 assignment wasn't accidentally mapped to a T_other drop? I don't know if that is possible with this system, a simple mapping mistake like that for a particular game, but that's more what was on my mind.

You go through countless random rolls on a single move with a creature. Add in a full hunt, a single character does more rolls in 15 minutes of hunting than all of EG does for every single character playing a game in a day. Nothing is messed up with the RNG at EG.

~Wyrom, APM

Tylec
10-28-2015, 09:58 PM
People are starting to really get paranoid about the EG Midway games.

[/B][/B][/I]

I mean, when you're getting 5x common-flaring items and barely scripted jewelry as "top tier" prizes it's kind of understandable to maybe hope something is wrong. The number 1 in 5,000 keeps getting thrown around for getting a T5. Assuming that's anything resembling accurate you're looking at 30-40 hours of scripting a game and a few million in silver to get something you could buy off the shelf for like 500k.

Fallen
10-28-2015, 10:02 PM
I mean, when you're getting 5x common-flaring items and barely scripted jewelry as "top tier" prizes it's kind of understandable to maybe hope something is wrong. The number 1 in 5,000 keeps getting thrown around for getting a T5. Assuming that's anything resembling accurate you're looking at 30-40 hours of scripting a game and a few million in silver to get something you could buy off the shelf for like 500k.

I hear you. It's a double-edged sword, questioning the GMs about this stuff. On one hand, they'll completely miss a bug like bard weapon flares for years. On the other hand, you're questioning games of chance that have payout odds in the thousands to tens of thousands to one. It's possible there's a bug, but it sounds like Wyrom has looked into the issue of the games thoroughly.

Would be one hell of a vindication moment if they actually did find a bug at this point, though.

Aluvius
10-28-2015, 10:53 PM
All in all, I do like the new system. Tickets instead of the real junk, the T4's seem better than I remember. The T5's wouldn't be so bad if they didn't ALSO reduce the quality of the raffles and services this year. If they just did one or the other it wouldn't have stung as much. Personally I'd have reduced the raffle/service quality and upped the T5 hopper to more like previous years.

*By raffle/service quality I'm talking from a combat mechanic perspective. I think the fluff and other services were normal quality .. especially love Bazzelwyn's script swapping.

Thondalar
10-28-2015, 10:56 PM
So far the vast majority of t4's are the same as the last 2 years...a couple new ones I don't recognize immediately, but not many...

Keep in mind, between my wife (who doesn't work, so she's on a lot during EG, and mostly only does games) and myself, who pretty much shuts down RL besides work for this week, I've seen just about everything possible as far as game prizes go...

I also like the ticket idea. There are a few gems on the prize walls/counters, though most of it is pretty meh...I'd still take that over random junk you have to pawn every half hour.

Thondalar
10-28-2015, 10:58 PM

They've said many times on the officials over the last couple months that the t5 prizes would be greatly reduced this year. There are still a few abnormally valuable items, but most of it will be pretty "meh".

Zaigh
10-28-2015, 11:02 PM

Judging from what I and others have seen and experienced, it's looking more like 1 in 8-10k. Of course your data set may vary.

Thondalar
10-28-2015, 11:05 PM
Judging from what I and others have seen and experienced, it's looking more like 1 in 8-10k. Of course your data set may vary.

Random is random. I could, hypothetically, hit 4 t5's in 4 attempts, and you could, hypothetically, hit 0 in a million attempts. Not exactly likely, and averages exist for a reason, but...when random rolls are involved, there is no possible proof.

Fallen
10-28-2015, 11:33 PM
Keep in mind tickets WILL roll over for next year, so if nothing tickles your fancy, don't feel inclined to spend. This has been GM confirmed.

tyrant-201
10-28-2015, 11:50 PM
a dark mithglin toporok with a crescent-shaped blade - 6x fully unlocked Fana handaxe

Fallen
10-29-2015, 12:00 AM
If the token game were broke, all of them would be. They aren't separate instances, all work off the same script. But I just checked, token game is a mirror image of the pumpkins one SW of that room, and the knives game a few rooms away from there.

~Wyrom, APM

Fallen
10-29-2015, 12:07 AM
I do want to stress something here. We do this all for you guys. There is no agenda outside making this event great for the players. Ebon Gate is something many of us look forward to. It's our one event we try to top every year. If something were wrong with the games, unique prizes, etc, we'd know it by now. I monitor the Necropolis and digging pretty closely. Tamuz has been monitoring the games very closely. We talk daily. We check prize outcomes multiple times a day. We're watching closer because this is the first year of tickets and want to see if we were accurate on how much would go out. Comparing numbers to last year, we're very close to the same thing. The only difference I can see is not as many people are digging. Way more people playing games. Digging has a better ROI but is a higher time investment.

~Wyrom, APM

I like Wyrom, but "do it all for you guys" etc? That line would seem a lot more genuine if it didn't come with a $50 price tag.

And no, I am of course not accusing the games of being fixed or broken. That line just came off as a bit silly is all.

Taernath
10-29-2015, 12:11 AM
Don't tell me it's not worth payin' for.
You can't tell me it's not worth spendin' for.
You know it's true:
Everything I do, I do it for you.

- Wyrom Adams

Candor
10-29-2015, 12:24 AM
[/B][/B]
I like Wyrom, but "do it all for you guys" etc? That line would seem a lot more genuine if it didn't come with a $50 price tag.

It's a premium event. You pay for it, and the event comes with increased GM involvement. What is there to complain about?

Maybe the line was a bit silly, but since Wyrom became APM I have seen an increase in the quality of GM work and in the level of communications to players. That is what matters.

Archigeek
10-29-2015, 12:33 AM
Is there any way to actually test for added perks? Tried with my bard earlier and that was... unsuccessful.

Well the only perk I can think of is resistance, and that would show up with some testing. Also, something like spikes would show up with an assessment. It's pretty unlikely it is anything beyond straight up kroderine full plate. A very nice prize.

Fallen
10-29-2015, 12:41 AM
Maybe the line was a bit silly

That was the point of my comment. Reading any further into it would be foolish.

Mogonis
10-29-2015, 12:54 AM
It's our one event we try to top every year.

Excuse me?

Jarvan
10-29-2015, 01:08 AM
Excuse me?

Maybe he means they try to top it with other events?

jon1833
10-29-2015, 01:12 AM
Yah, because the last EG I went to was two years ago, and the raffles were awesome, t5 prizes were awesome. I loved it. This year is shit compared to that.

Jarvan
10-29-2015, 01:19 AM
Yah, because the last EG I went to was two years ago, and the raffles were awesome, t5 prizes were awesome. I loved it. This year is shit compared to that.

Changed last year. The year before, a soulstone wand was in the hopper and wasn't supposed to be... along with like 9 other super high end items oddly enough... so they said no more epic stuff like that at EG, it's more fluff then mechanical.

Hence.. this.

time4fun
10-29-2015, 01:20 AM
Explains my latest T5: 3x HDP full leather with EZ Scripts for wearing and removing.

Jarvan
10-29-2015, 01:24 AM
still better then mine

jon1833
10-29-2015, 01:24 AM
Just doesn't seem worth it unless you are really into GALD. Small chance to win some minor items in a raffle, and t5 prizes that are near off shelf, or t5 items that are basically slightly upgraded t4 items that you can buy or make for way way less than the amount of silvers you have to spend to get them. . . For me personally, if this is how it will be from now on, I certainly wont be coming back. I mean, I got a friggin 4x brawling weapon in a raffle, I had to pay 10k for the ticket, I figured why not, even though I don't usually enter raffles unless I really want the item. I could have bought that item outright for 10k or near there. lol Lame

jon1833
10-29-2015, 01:27 AM
Or at least, if you are going to have so much shit items for t5 wins, up the odds of winning. . .

time4fun
10-29-2015, 01:33 AM
Or at least, if you are going to have so much shit items for t5 wins, up the odds of winning. . .

Exactly.

The free events this year had better stuff than the one we just shelled out $50 for

Fallen
10-29-2015, 01:36 AM
Well, it's an RP festival, would be the justification, right?

What does that really mean, though? The storyline is a big draw, or it wouldn't be crashing the game. I guess the games also count as RP in a way. I never played them to be honest, but it's been years since I went. They sound interesting to play in small doses, but grinding anything for prizes will be tiresome. There are also live games with GMs, which should also count as RP. GHOUL sounds fun for people who like Bingo. The RP contests really do it for people too.

I do agree that they should have added better wins to the tickets wall and allowed for more unlocks (Ithzir, lances, etc). But overall, expecting a ton of mechanically useful or highly valuable prizes out of EG seems to be missing the point of the festival.

Edit: And there's the hearts and the carousel, of course. Though I think there should have been like 10-20 uncurse ethers in the hopper, not 4-5.

time4fun
10-29-2015, 01:54 AM
Well, it's an RP festival, would be the justification, right?

What does that really mean, though? The storyline is a big draw, or it wouldn't be crashing the game. I guess the games also count as RP in a way. I never played them to be honest, but it's been years since I went. They sound interesting to play in small doses, but grinding anything for prizes will be tiresome. There are also live games with GMs, which should also count as RP. GHOUL sounds fun for people who like Bingo. The RP contests really do it for people too.

I do agree that they should have added better wins to the tickets wall and allowed for more unlocks (Ithzir, lances, etc). But overall, expecting a ton of mechanically useful or highly valuable prizes out of EG seems to be missing the point of the festival.

Edit: And there's the hearts and the carousel, of course. Though I think there should have been like 10-20 uncurse ethers in the hopper, not 4-5.

Again though, you can have more fluff-oriented items without it being all low end. There is plenty of high end fluff out there.

Putting in things like 5x blessables for T5 prizes was a bad idea. Raffling off 4x sanctified weapons was also a bad idea.

Fallen
10-29-2015, 01:59 AM
Again though, you can have more fluff-oriented items without it being all low end. There is plenty of high end fluff out there.

Putting in things like 5x blessables for T5 prizes was a bad idea. Raffling off 4x sanctified weapons was also a bad idea.

Very true. Could have raffled off fully unlocked new items over stuff like that.

Jhynnifer
10-29-2015, 03:08 AM
3x/per day 117 neckworn, T5 digging.

Thondalar
10-29-2015, 08:20 AM
They have said for months that the prizes would be short this year compared to previous...between Duskruin and other pay and free events over the last year, a lot of cool shit has went out. This EG was designed to be more service-oriented, and in that respect I think they have succeeded...not releasing too many new "uber" items to the game, but doing a ton of work as far as alterations (not just gald, more feature alters than usual this year), GaLD, unlocking specific items, etc...

If that's not your bag, that's cool. But don't pretend like they haven't been talking about it for months on the officials.

Fallen
10-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Those death masks are pretty cool. Are those new to EG this year?

Aramyr
10-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Last year had far more merchants working than this year, honestly, and even if they had talked about toning down T5s, the degree to which they have is laughable. Some of this stuff is basically pawnshop fodder.

Allereli
10-29-2015, 09:29 AM
Those death masks are pretty cool. Are those new to EG this year?

no, I think they came out last year, but maybe the year before.

Allereli
10-29-2015, 09:30 AM
Last year had far more merchants working than this year, honestly, and even if they had talked about toning down T5s, the degree to which they have is laughable. Some of this stuff is basically pawnshop fodder.

yeah, I agree, the raffles for the 4x brawling gear were puzzling.

Androidpk
10-29-2015, 09:48 AM
yeah, I agree, the raffles for the 4x brawling gear were puzzling.

Rare flares on them or something?

Allereli
10-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Rare flares on them or something?

They were scripted and 2 were sancted, and 2 were 5x, but the prizes were no better than something at The Spitfire

LivderaDeralleur
10-29-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm still holding out hope that maybe I missed something in that scripted necklet I got as a T5 prize - maybe it has some other properties (I wondered if maybe it was one of those 'Nexus' jewelry pieces, though it probably would have said that in the analyze.) I mean, it's a pretty alter, though not sure what use I'd have with it. I wouldn't have minded getting the 3x HDP fulls - could have at least used it on one of my lowbie characters.

Regarding the brawling weapons - didn't even bother entering the raffles. Wonder how many have use for a sancted brawling weapon? How many Clerics/Paladins use Brawling?

Maerit
10-29-2015, 12:35 PM
Only spent about 1mil on games/digging and the T5 I found was a 5x acid flaring two-handed sword of some kind. Though I am still not sure about the base - it doesn't say anything about the base in the inspect, which I find very strange. Until I bother to swing it, I won't know if it's a flamberge or a two-handed sword (not grippable with one-hand, so not a bastard sword). Probably safe to assume it's the two-handed sword variety though...

Doubt I'll get more than 200k for it if I find a buyer.

shad0ws0ngs
10-29-2015, 02:41 PM
a twisted kelyn flamberge with a mist-shrouded necrotic serpent wrapped around it - 10lbs, 5x, loresong indicates a special ability, but not what, which usually means script-based special ability, so I am thinking it has working snake flares

Fallen
10-29-2015, 03:20 PM
Just thought I'd toss out some teasers of what's all still in there.

I see (highlights)...

Some 6x/1x (TD) brigandine
Feature-hider cloak (max deepened)
Spider ring (spell 709 3x/day)
Glamour crystal (rainbow)
Elemental circlet (air)
Zelnorn armor and shield
Kroderine short sword
Fireworks press
Thief deterrent bladder
Living plant
Bacon skillet (makes magical bacon)
Animated cauldron
Casting gloves (spell aim/mana recovery enhancive with WD scripts)
Magical wings that cast major ewave (ice) and ice patch
Master-quality mandolin with rare new material
...and tons of other weapons, armor, and trinkets.

Fallen
10-29-2015, 03:21 PM
Also, still only 1 ether and 1 essence have been found!

Some tier 2 Ithzir armor just went out, 5x full plate. Forgot to tease that!

~Wyrom, APM

Tarakan
10-29-2015, 03:27 PM
If we assume the odds of a T5 pull are 1:5000 with a Poisson distribution, here are some insights regarding one's expected success rate:

100 pulls = just short of 2%.
500 pulls = 9.5%
1000 pulls = 18%
2500 pulls = 39.4%
3466 pulls = 50%
5000 pulls = 63.2%
10000 pulls = 86.5%
15000 pulls = 95%%
20000 pulls = 98%

I tend to buy shovels to dig in batches of 100 pulls. I don't script, so it takes me nearly 75 minutes to do that many. I'd have to devote 43 1/3 hours to digging to have a 50/50 chance of T5. To me that's a crazy amount of effort, and no wonder that I have not won so far in three years trying!

Tarakan

Viekn
10-29-2015, 03:40 PM
If we assume the odds of a T5 pull are 1:5000 with a Poisson distribution, here are some insights regarding one's expected success rate:

100 pulls = just short of 2%.
500 pulls = 9.5%
1000 pulls = 18%
2500 pulls = 39.4%
3466 pulls = 50%
5000 pulls = 63.2%
10000 pulls = 86.5%
15000 pulls = 95%%
20000 pulls = 98%

I tend to buy shovels to dig in batches of 100 pulls. I don't script, so it takes me nearly 75 minutes to do that many. I'd have to devote 43 1/3 hours to digging to have a 50/50 chance of T5. To me that's a crazy amount of effort, and no wonder that I have not won so far in three years trying!

Tarakan

Thanks for breaking that down. Really puts it in to prospective when you put it that way. I think the takeaway here is dig if you want to see what kind of T4's you can get, and be super happy if you wind up getting lucky to pull a T5.

Androidpk
10-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Only spent about 1mil on games/digging and the T5 I found was a 5x acid flaring two-handed sword of some kind. Though I am still not sure about the base - it doesn't say anything about the base in the inspect, which I find very strange. Until I bother to swing it, I won't know if it's a flamberge or a two-handed sword (not grippable with one-hand, so not a bastard sword). Probably safe to assume it's the two-handed sword variety though...

Doubt I'll get more than 200k for it if I find a buyer.

If it says twohanded sword then it is a twohanded sword, not flamberge.

jon1833
10-29-2015, 04:04 PM
lol I found an essence, and gave it away because I wasn't sure what it was, I'm pretty sure it was a t4 draw.

SashaFierce
10-29-2015, 04:06 PM
lol I found an essence, and gave it away because I wasn't sure what it was, I'm pretty sure it was a t4 draw.

That was probably an ether, and it's not the one you use on a heart.

jon1833
10-29-2015, 04:55 PM
I think you are right. It was a few days ago.

Gnomad
10-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Fireworks press

wonder if i can trade this for an airship

Hips
10-29-2015, 05:51 PM
a fern opal-set fireleaf runestaff: The deeply ridged surface of the fireleaf has been left in its natural state, with the pebbly grey-green bark left intact from staff's head to base except along the grip. There, the bark has been shorn away, the wood smoothed, and the grip wrapped with a latticed sheath of sage-hued suede. At the crown of the staff, a natural splaying of the wood into three sections holds within its cradle a flawless orb of fern green opal, and the base is capped with a simple crown of matte-finished faenor.

+22
It provides a bonus of 3 to Harness Power Ranks.
It provides a bonus of 5 to Aura.
It provides a bonus of 8 to Mana Recovery.

Allereli
10-29-2015, 05:54 PM
a fern opal-set fireleaf runestaff: The deeply ridged surface of the fireleaf has been left in its natural state, with the pebbly grey-green bark left intact from staff's head to base except along the grip. There, the bark has been shorn away, the wood smoothed, and the grip wrapped with a latticed sheath of sage-hued suede. At the crown of the staff, a natural splaying of the wood into three sections holds within its cradle a flawless orb of fern green opal, and the base is capped with a simple crown of matte-finished faenor.

+22
It provides a bonus of 3 to Harness Power Ranks.
It provides a bonus of 5 to Aura.
It provides a bonus of 8 to Mana Recovery.

Very decent staff. You can have Bazz add a wand slot to it at the fest, or get it flared first, then add the wand fixture next year.

Androidpk
10-29-2015, 05:57 PM
I didn't know you could have both flares and wand slot.

Allereli
10-29-2015, 06:07 PM
I didn't know you could have both flares and wand slot.

yessir. I have a +5 mana flaring enhancive staff (not as nice as Hips') w/ now permanent wand slot (had the wand slot put in last year, had it made permanent/pristine this year)

Androidpk
10-29-2015, 06:13 PM
That's awesome

WRoss
10-29-2015, 06:25 PM
yessir. I have a +5 mana flaring enhancive staff (not as nice as Hips') w/ now permanent wand slot (had the wand slot put in last year, had it made permanent/pristine this year)

No one has ever really answered me, but how much are mama flaring staves worth? I have a 3 and 4 flaring staff. Both 4x.

Allereli
10-29-2015, 06:30 PM
No one has ever really answered me, but how much are mama flaring staves worth? I have a 3 and 4 flaring staff. Both 4x.

mama flaring staves squirt milk? :D

For high end mana flaring staves I don't think the market has really been determined.

mgoddess
10-29-2015, 06:32 PM
mama flaring staves
For those people who wanna bring some flare into their lives...

Androidpk
10-29-2015, 06:38 PM
​Gushers

Soulance
10-29-2015, 07:23 PM
A 2 mana flaring just sold for 100k on another auction but I think it was only 2x, maybe 3x so you're ahead on both there. Get it ensorcelled and crank up the price!

Tylec
10-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Changed last year. The year before, a soulstone wand was in the hopper and wasn't supposed to be... along with like 9 other super high end items oddly enough... so they said no more epic stuff like that at EG, it's more fluff then mechanical.

Hence.. this.

Well damn. I missed last year, and while EG was always RP and fluff based, the games and raffles always seemed to deliver. Didn't realize it had changed so significantly.

Tylec
10-30-2015, 12:00 AM
They have said for months that the prizes would be short this year compared to previous...between Duskruin and other pay and free events over the last year, a lot of cool shit has went out. This EG was designed to be more service-oriented, and in that respect I think they have succeeded...not releasing too many new "uber" items to the game, but doing a ton of work as far as alterations (not just gald, more feature alters than usual this year), GaLD, unlocking specific items, etc...

If that's not your bag, that's cool. But don't pretend like they haven't been talking about it for months on the officials.

If that's the idea, that's great and all and perfectly reasonable. But then put vouchers for services into the T5 hopper and call it a day. Throw in certificates like 3x lighten or deepen on a single item, a feature alteration, companion grooming, 10 minute alteration session. Don't keep the game system, throw what's basically junk in it, and let it ride. I mean personally I'd be much more ok with getting a services voucher from a game rather than say a low enchant common flaring weapon you can buy off the rack at a free merchant event.

Thondalar
10-30-2015, 12:49 AM
A carved Lor Runestaff

5x, +3 DEX bonus.

a pale web-covered handbag encrusted with dried insects

fully unlocked belt-worn spider bag with 3 spiders.

Mogonis
10-30-2015, 04:17 AM
I pulled a trio of black leather belts as a T5.

This is a very special item. It can have different descriptions when held and worn. Wait! What?? That's right, you can now have that tight bodice, low-rise pants, or maybe that long cloak that actually drags on the ground. Keep in mind that normal alteration rules may still apply based on merchant personalities and general good taste. I hope you enjoy the new clothing line.

This item has the following worn description:
a trio of overlapping, polished black leather belts

You can tell that the belts is as light as it can get.

The EG shop Wear Me Out is selling a trio of thin black leather belts for 25,000 silvers. I haven't bought them to ANALYZE them, and I don't know if Wear Me Out sells/sold these items, but they're suspiciously similar.

EDIT: Also, what the hell is up with the items permanently marked unsellable? I got a pearl-handled vultite falchion (not a Smart Weapon) that I can't pawn. It's 4x. That's it. No INSPECT or ANALYZE.

Luntz
10-30-2015, 04:40 AM
a curved veil iron falchion etched with a demonic battle scene

6x and 6 lbs

shad0ws0ngs
10-30-2015, 05:35 AM
a striated purpureus plant - Perched atop a writhing mass of serpentine roots and corpulent tubers is a small clump of thorn-laden, leafy stalks topped with fleshy, ovaloid crowns. Fern-like fronds curl themselves around a main stem, which sports two connected, kidney-shaped pads tipped with needle-sharp projections. The misshapen head is slightly ajar, allowing a slight glimpse of tender, sarcous tissue covered in long, bristling hairs. Your plant appears robust in appearance with vibrant purpureus coloration. It doesn't seem to be moving.

chomper plant. This is hilarious, since I own one of the 2 other chomper plants and sold the third for less than half what I had originally paid.

Tei
10-30-2015, 06:03 AM
fully unlocked stuffimal - a stuffed emerald-eyed tiger
4x DDW guisarme - a black vultite guisarme with a reverse-spiked crescent blade

Kronius
10-30-2015, 08:00 AM
A carved Lor Runestaff

5x, +3 DEX bonus.

a pale web-covered handbag encrusted with dried insects

fully unlocked belt-worn spider bag with 3 spiders.

All that time spent for those... thoughts?

Wrathbringer
10-30-2015, 08:10 AM

Sucker!!!!!!! Comes to mind.

Thondalar
10-30-2015, 02:46 PM

My luck was shitty this year?

Kronius
10-30-2015, 03:55 PM
a magenta mithril mace with matte mauve markings

5x non-flaring non-weighted

trollolllolllolol

MrMortimur
10-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Just wow.

Hips
10-30-2015, 04:42 PM
a varnished cocobolo tea case
Blooming hibiscus have been frosted across the surface of the glass set into the lid of the tea case, each blossom gently tinted in oranges, reds, and pinks but still opaque enough to allow for a view of the contents within. Only one of the cocobolo tea case's compartments are full, and that compartment houses a full compartment of "Tropical Night" tea leaves. The elaborate gold-leaf frame is not surrounding any particular compartment.

Luftstreitkräfte
10-30-2015, 05:20 PM
shit prizes this year it was only 4 years ago when Ardwen was getting handed glamour crystals and enhancive cloaks out of the hopper within his first minute of playing a game

Gizmo
10-30-2015, 05:25 PM
Probably the worst eg I've ever attended....even the free one was better

Kithus
10-30-2015, 05:34 PM
shit prizes this year it was only 4 years ago when Ardwen was getting handed glamour crystals and enhancive cloaks out of the hopper within his first minute of playing a game

There was a glamour crystal and enhancive cloaks in the hopper this year.

Archigeek
10-30-2015, 05:39 PM
Zelnorn shield, Kroderine full plate... some good stuff did go out.

I get that maybe things were turned down a little bit, but it's also an issue of changed expectations.

Kithus
10-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Just pulled a fireworks wand in Plat.

Allereli
10-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Probably the worst eg I've ever attended....even the free one was better

Bazz saved my fest experience yesterday with a couple of services

LivderaDeralleur
10-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Got another T5 win off the carousel - much better than my initial one which was that necklet with 3 scripts.

a pale glowbark runestaff capped with a butterfly saewehna
6x
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the glowbark runestaff in your hand...
The harmonics generated tell you that the runestaff has been infused with a dark substance.
The runestaff resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 2 to Wisdom Bonus.
It provides a bonus of 2 to Aura Bonus.
The runestaff looks to have a huge number of charges remaining.
You sense that the glowbark runestaff will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

Bid odd that it has no level restrictions on the nehancives, isn't it?

Also - anyone know what flare is "dark substance"? I've not the time right now to look it up.

Soulance
10-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Got another T5 win off the carousel - much better than my initial one which was that necklet with 3 scripts.

6x
As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the glowbark runestaff in your hand...
The harmonics generated tell you that the runestaff has been infused with a dark substance.
The runestaff resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
You sense that the glowbark runestaff will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

Also - anyone know what flare is "dark substance"? I've not the time right now to look it up.
Void/vacuum flare if I recall.

Whirlin
10-30-2015, 06:21 PM

6x

Lack of level restriction is relatively common on specially made items... During RTCF, I got a dagger that was +10 Agility Bonus with no level requirement.

Candor
10-30-2015, 06:41 PM

6x

Nice win, congratulations.

time4fun
10-30-2015, 07:00 PM
Zelnorn shield, Kroderine full plate... some good stuff did go out.

I get that maybe things were turned down a little bit, but it's also an issue of changed expectations.

"a little bit"?

Kronius
10-30-2015, 08:53 PM
a long lor runestaff with a lacy grip
+25
+3 Dex Bonus
+2 mana flaring

meh

Fallen
10-30-2015, 09:21 PM
a long lor runestaff with a lacy grip
+25
+3 Dex Bonus
+2 mana flaring

meh

Nice project piece.

GS4-Seomanthe
10-30-2015, 09:23 PM
I pulled a trio of black leather belts as a T5.

The EG shop Wear Me Out is selling a trio of thin black leather belts for 25,000 silvers. I haven't bought them to ANALYZE them, and I don't know if Wear Me Out sells/sold these items, but they're suspiciously similar.

EDIT: Also, what the hell is up with the items permanently marked unsellable? I got a pearl-handled vultite falchion (not a Smart Weapon) that I can't pawn. It's 4x. That's it. No INSPECT or ANALYZE.

The stuff in Wear Me Out isn't marked as IACL clothing on gswiki, which your pull is, so I think you got a better pull than a 25k item. How much better, I dunno, but... at least it's not an OTS item?

jon1833
10-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Just saw a pink donut box get pulled.

beldannon5
10-31-2015, 12:56 AM
I am a little depressed that I didn't win a t5 after digging and playing games seemed like forever. No raffle wins or bingo wins either. I did get 3 ruby amulets charged to full and a few deepenings and the storyline egg.

I know it's all random and i understand with over 200 people playing that those things happen.

It's my right to be a little depressed and to rant a bit. I did have fun for the most part

8 miillion of my 12 million gone, but maybe a few of the stuff i won will sell for something or i got with ticket.

To sum up. My first Ebon's Gate in over 10 years worth about 40 dollars not 50.

Now to figure out what to do with all this stuff lol.

blanks
10-31-2015, 01:04 AM
I am a little depressed that I didn't win a t5 after digging and playing games seemed like forever. No raffle wins or bingo wins either. I did get 3 ruby amulets charged to full and a few deepenings and the storyline egg.

I know it's all random and i understand with over 200 people playing that those things happen.

It's my right to be a little depressed and to rant a bit. I did have fun for the most part

8 miillion of my 12 million gone, but maybe a few of the stuff i won will sell for something or i got with ticket.

To sum up. My first Ebon's Gate in over 10 years worth about 40 dollars not 50.

Now to figure out what to do with all this stuff lol.

You did better than me. I ended up with 140k tickets, and only 1 t5 win.

Roughly a little north of 30 million silvers on games/raffles/merchant.

dmac188
10-31-2015, 01:05 AM
How many tickets did you win digging? I had 11000 tickets with no t5 but it seems like that was the norm for many. Played the mallet, token and pail games.

I still mostly enjoyed the festival (although maybe not the games). I walked away with two spell preps, flares on my spiked leg greaves, an eg custom transporter, an olthos egg and uncursed dauntless and bravery ethers. That wasnt bad for me. I guess all in it cost me about $170 between silvers simucons and the entry price.

beldannon5
10-31-2015, 01:08 AM
i ended up with around 13k tickets playing random games and digging for most of the week then the last two days (after getting a script) ducks. That made it a lot easier.

I did have fun chatting with people at the games and swearing to kill the boy that was hiding the golden ducks and such

time4fun
10-31-2015, 02:54 AM
So I picked this up from someone. Does anyone recognize these scripts?

ou analyze your blue flyrsilk dress and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

A dusky blue flyrsilk dress cannot be detailed to indicate that it is anything but long. It cannot be altered to indicate that the lower portion of the garment (below the knees) is tight-fitting in any way; the upper portion can be, but not the lower.

The a dusky blue flyrsilk dress can be customized in the following manner, where any talented merchant can customize the bolded sections. Note that customizations cannot use speech:
(STAND) Standing *with a regal air you fluff the fabric of your dress out until it drapes down in a perfectly smooth and unblemished fashion.

(PUSH) You push your hands down against your dress in an elegant gesture.

(PULL) You pull the lower portion of a dusky blue flyrsilk dress up slightly, displaying your legs. With a great deal of gumption, you move your feet in *an effort to move away. In the process, you trip over your own feet, catching yourself at the last minute and heaving up in a motion that leaves you breathless. As you finish, your fingers release the dress's fabric.

(CURTSY) You dip your body, pulling the lower portion of a dusky blue flyrsilk dress out to either side of you so that the fabric drapes down like a gentle mist around your feet. As you complete *your delicate curtsy and smile politely you rise to your feet.

(SMELL) Holding a dusky blue flyrsilk dress up to your face, you inhale deeply, and the scent of *night-blooming jasmine fills your senses.

(KNEEL) You pull the hem of your dress up and back, then kneel in a reverent manner.

(WAVE) You grasp the fabric of the skirted portion of a dusky blue flyrsilk dress and take a single step toward Vishra. *Genuinely delighted you wave your free hand at [target].
(WAVE - sitting) *Genuinely delighted at [target], you immediately rise to your feet, careful not to step on the hem of your dress in your quick movements. You then grasp the fabric of the skirted portion of a dusky blue flyrsilk dress and wave your free hand at [target].
(standing and sitting utilize the same customization wording)

(TAP - worn) You lightly flick your fingernails against the fabric of dress in a gesture that unequivocally expresses your *complete and utter boredom.
(TAP - not worn) You trace your fingers along a dusky blue flyrsilk dress in a manner that indicates your current *complete and utter boredom.
(worn and not worn utilize the same customization wording)

(NUDGE) As you fiddle with your dress, *a pensive expression crosses your features.

Currently, you are able to use STAND, RUB, PUSH, TURN, SIT, PULL, CURTSY, SMELL, KNEEL, LIE, WEARMSG, REMOVEMSG, WAVE (with target), COVER, SCOWL, POUT, HUG, TAP, TILT, PLUCK, ROLL (with target), and NUDGE.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the blue flyrsilk dress for you.

Elvenlady
10-31-2015, 04:01 AM
Tier 3 Duplicity

shad0ws0ngs
10-31-2015, 04:08 AM
Tier 3 Duplicity

Duplicity/Peretta - the gowns are better known with relation to Peretta and the cloaks with the corresponding set of zests were released by Duplicity at EG a few years back

The stuff in Wear Me Out isn't marked as IACL clothing on gswiki, which your pull is, so I think you got a better pull than a 25k item. How much better, I dunno, but... at least it's not an OTS item?

Stuff might not have been marked as IACL on gswiki, but they were. Loresing it, though, maybe it's enhancive?

a second t5 for me, in addition to that goddamn plant, was a 5x kelyn flamberge with a snake on it. Loresong indicates a special ability, but not what and loresong doesn't tell you info on script flares, generally speaking, so I suspect it might have snake flares. Going to rest over the weekend and then try to find someone to test it out.

LivderaDeralleur
10-31-2015, 09:46 AM
Duplicity/Peretta - the gowns are better known with relation to Peretta and the cloaks with the corresponding set of zests were released by Duplicity at EG a few years back

Stuff might not have been marked as IACL on gswiki, but they were. Loresing it, though, maybe it's enhancive?

a second t5 for me, in addition to that goddamn plant, was a 5x kelyn flamberge with a snake on it. Loresong indicates a special ability, but not what and loresong doesn't tell you info on script flares, generally speaking, so I suspect it might have snake flares. Going to rest over the weekend and then try to find someone to test it out.

Last year one of the 2 T5s I pulled was a twisted kelyn warblade with a necrotic serpent on it - likely part of the same 'set' that still was lingering in the hopper. It was just 5x with snake flares, if that helps.

Allereli
10-31-2015, 09:49 AM

So why not mark it?

time4fun
10-31-2015, 11:53 AM
Tier 3 Duplicity

Wait- T3 has 22 verbs?
How many tiers are there?

petiteSylvan
10-31-2015, 09:43 PM
My t5s:

Spore mushroom, 5x rogue dagger, ale barrel.
I would have just preferred that t4 grimoire! Oh well!

time4fun
10-31-2015, 11:48 PM
what's a rogue dagger?

Ardwen
10-31-2015, 11:50 PM
heh amuses me that my t4 grimoire is more popular then most t5s

blanks
10-31-2015, 11:59 PM
trade you a grimoire for your ale barrel!

Vusit
11-02-2015, 06:46 PM
trying to figure this one out
tap bracer
You tap a dark scaled leather bracer that you are wearing.
>l bracer
Designed to extend fully from wrist to elbow, every exposed inch of the bracer's surface is covered in dark, tapered leather scales. The scales have been lightly coated with a metallic sheen, giving them luster in hues of copper, golvern, bronze, and krodera. A small coating of kelyn tips each of the black leather laces.
>open bracer
You push down on a spring-loaded panel on your scaled leather bracer, opening a small compartment.
>close bracer
You carefully push down on your scaled leather bracer, closing the panel and securing the spring-loaded compartment.
>put knife in bracer
You put a slender faenor knife with a carved ivory handle in your scaled leather bracer.

Ardwen
11-02-2015, 06:47 PM
analyzed it?

Mogonis
11-02-2015, 06:49 PM
That was a T4 pull. I got one as well. It appears to be a non-functioning/broken Sproink bracer.

Vusit
11-02-2015, 07:52 PM
That was a T4 pull. I got one as well. It appears to be a non-functioning/broken Sproink bracer.
well boo

Tanderick
11-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Just curious if anyone had any info on these T5s

an ugly witch doll - some actions - likes to poison you

The body of the doll is made from torn rags crudely sewn together with thick leather stitches. Tuffs of stuffing poke through the seams, revealing the doll is filled with foul-smelling plants and witchwood shavings. Tightly-wrapped straw bundles make up the doll's arms and legs, and a black amulet hangs around its neck. A mixture of sand and candle wax has been poured over its face, seeping into its deep wrinkles. Its twisted and mangled expression is further enhanced by the evil grin on its mouth and the wild look in its eyes. You can't quite make out what its eyes are made of, because they look real.

an eonake morning star with a pale witchwood handle

a lapis-inlaid wyrwood potion case slung on a sturdy oxhide strap

kutter
11-08-2016, 01:22 PM
trying to figure this one out
tap bracer
You tap a dark scaled leather bracer that you are wearing.
>l bracer
Designed to extend fully from wrist to elbow, every exposed inch of the bracer's surface is covered in dark, tapered leather scales. The scales have been lightly coated with a metallic sheen, giving them luster in hues of copper, golvern, bronze, and krodera. A small coating of kelyn tips each of the black leather laces.
>open bracer
You push down on a spring-loaded panel on your scaled leather bracer, opening a small compartment.
>close bracer
You carefully push down on your scaled leather bracer, closing the panel and securing the spring-loaded compartment.
>put knife in bracer
You put a slender faenor knife with a carved ivory handle in your scaled leather bracer.

Anyone have any updates on these? Cannot seem to get the one that I have to do anything.

Mogonis
11-08-2016, 01:29 PM
Non-functioning Sproink bracer (T4 prize). Working ones spring the item inside into your hand when you open them. These, unfortunately, are broken.