PDA

View Full Version : Gemstone Soundtracks

The Cat In The Hat
11-10-2004, 11:43 AM
What do you listen to (if anything) typically when you play Gemstone? Just curious to see what gets people in the GS mood.

Some of my favorites are

Orgy - Candyass
Shakespears Sister - Hormonally yours
Marilyn Manson - Smells Like Children
Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses
Type O Negative - October Rust
Anything Motley Crue (I'm the hair band queen!)

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by The Cat In The Hat]

Trinitis
11-10-2004, 11:44 AM
When playing anyone but my warrior - What ever is on the radio.

When playing my warrior - GWAR...namely Crush, Kill, Distroy

Jenisi
11-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Not really just because I'm playing gemstone, but.. um..
Iced Earth, Tantric, Rob Zombie, Taking Back Sunday, Brand new, A.F.I, Static-X, Slipknot, Story of the Year, a wide variety I guess.

Jenisi
11-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Haha Gwar rocks.

Trinitis
11-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Jenisi
Not really just because I'm playing gemstone, but.. um..
Iced Earth, Tantric, Rob Zombie, Taking Back Sunday, Brand new, A.F.I, Static-X, Slipknot, Story of the Year, a wide variety I guess.

Iced Earth? You mean...I'm not the only person in the world who knows who Iced Earth is? OMG!

Jenisi
11-10-2004, 11:48 AM
You aren't. Was just listening to 1776 actually.

Trinitis
11-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Iced Earth was a spur of the moment buy. I went into the CD store wanting two new CDs, from two bands I'd never heard of. So I based my choices off of location (Heavy Metal Section) and Cover art alone.

Got Iced Earth, and Helloween. :P

Shalla
11-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Celtic tunes.

Meos
11-10-2004, 12:05 PM
heh, back in the day it was scumdogs of the universe for me... now... it's all 500 on my mp3.

Kainen
11-10-2004, 12:08 PM
KMFDM, Rob Zombie, Rammstein, ICP, 311, Lords of Acid, Primus, Bad Company, Tom Petty, and a collection of 10 CDs with dance and techno from around the world on it

Warriorbird
11-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Hmm.

Listening to a fair amount of T.I, Slim Thug, older Wu Tang (36 Chambers and Wu Chronicles), older Cash Money Records...

Also listening to the Hackers and Hackers II soundtracks, soundtrack to The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, KMFDM's Retro, the new Brian Wilson Smile album, and Johnny Cash.

11-10-2004, 12:20 PM
The radio is all I listen too. I'm too lazy to change CDs.

- Arkans

The Cat In The Hat
11-10-2004, 12:20 PM
I forgot one!

KMFDM - Nihil

Warriorbird
11-10-2004, 12:22 PM
http://www.launch.com works nicely for most folks who aren't on dialup.

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by Warriorbird]

Hips
11-10-2004, 12:24 PM
I usually listen to Apoptygma Berzerk, Wolfsheim, Beborn Beton, Covenant, etc., but lately I've been listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack for some reason. :lol:

VNV Nation too, 'cause I'm super-excited about seeing them in December. :bouncy:

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by GS3 Michiko]

Latrinsorm
11-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Mostly on account of they dominate my playlist: Avril Lavigne, U2, Tom Waits, Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Cash, and the Postal Service because I really like one of its songs.

11-10-2004, 12:31 PM
WTF?!?! Avril Lavigne and Tom Waits on the same play list?! WTF IZ WRONG W/ U?!?!?

- Arkans

Fallen
11-10-2004, 01:04 PM
I listen to Silent Hill 2, 3, 4 soundtracks, Iria:Zeihrim the Animation soundtrack, LOTR Soundtracks, Disturbed, Tool, Radiohead, and A Perfect Circle.

Tsunami
11-10-2004, 01:22 PM
You mean you guys don't listen to the nifty little GS tunes that activate when you cross certain points in game as you play? :whistle:

Allycat
11-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Godsmack, Disturbed, A Perfect Circle, Prodigy, Alice in Chains... too many to name anything metal usually :)

KymberlynX
11-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Phew...I thought this was going to be about buying some GS soundtrack for the low low cost of 9.95 or something like that...I was almost afraid to look at the thread.

I usually have the TV going on in the background and I have it set so the music at the start of the game doesn't play at all.

Chelle
11-10-2004, 01:30 PM
New Age and Celtic music here. No lyrics just pretty sounds.

Izalude
11-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Techno all the way. My playlist is about three hours long, but my favorites are:

Club Exit 2000 - Volume One - Suede Flow
Dj Quicksilver - Ameno
Safri Duo - Played Alive
Dj Shah - Riddim
Fragma - Toca me [Inpetto Remix]
George Acosta - Follow the Sun (Dogma Remix)
George Acosta - Take me High
System F - Out of the Blue
Ayla - Liebe (ATB Remix)
ATB - Ocean Trance

Izalude
11-10-2004, 01:34 PM
I once offered to write a New Gemstone Midi soundtrack for them for FREE, as long as they replaced the god awful songs they have with the wizard FE. Typically, I never heard anything back.

Heh. Their loss.

peam
11-10-2004, 01:40 PM
I either listen to the bluegrass station on AIM/Netscape radio or whatever's playing on my Winamp playlist, which currently consists of The Mifits, The Clash, Kill Bill 1 and 2 soundtrack, Darkest Hour, The Smiths, and Sly and the Family Stone.

Izalude
11-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Nice Peam. Both Kill Bill Soundtracks are awesome.

Toxicvixen
11-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Phew...I thought this was going to be about buying some GS soundtrack for the low low cost of 9.95 or something like that...I was almost afraid to look at the thread.

I would so buy one of those! I bet it would be the default game music you get when you log in.

As far as what I am listening to when I play its usually whatever is on the T.V. I like to watch Tech T.V. or a movie. My roomie always has it on the Cartoon network when he is home.

Tsunami
11-10-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Toxicvixen

I would so buy one of those! I bet it would be the default game music you get when you log in.

As far as what I am listening to when I play its usually whatever is on the T.V. I like to watch Tech T.V. or a movie. My roomie always has it on the Cartoon network when he is home.

Please, PLEASE don't give Simu any ideas...

Yes! You too can be the proud owner of the Simutronics Soundtrack!

But wait! Thats not all! It comes with this free, yes I said FREE set of steak knives!

And ALL for just three easy payments of $3.95!!

*ahem* On topic, I was a TV listener when I played.

AnticorRifling
11-10-2004, 03:57 PM
I everything in my MP3 collection running on one big playlist but if I'm hunting or doing something RP specific I'll pick out a few songs and have them play. I like Ozzy - No more tears, ACDC Thunderclap, etc. When I'm sitting around BSing or talking to folks I'll generally have my barbershop quartet collection selected.

KymberlynX
11-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Tsunami

Originally posted by Toxicvixen

Please, PLEASE don't give Simu any ideas...

Yes! You too can be the proud owner of the Simutronics Soundtrack!

But wait! Thats not all! It comes with this free, yes I said FREE set of steak knives!

And ALL for just three easy payments of $3.95!!

*ahem* On topic, I was a TV listener when I played.

I imagine they would include songs like:

...OMG you killed me you fucking bastard

...Meet you at the boulder in a minute or two

and everyones all time favorite...

...Don't touch me, you fucking Empath vulture whore.

AnticorRifling
11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Don't forget the remix of:

Spellup PLZ

I R teh evil dark elf sorc

Pickie my boxie

NEWB stomp

Eating halflings (the unplugged version of course)

And my favorite cult classic: This is a bought body that I use to prove I have the biggest PP

Hips
11-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Listening to Ferry Corsten at the moment. :heart:

http://www.ferrycorsten.org/

11-10-2004, 04:42 PM
My favorite is: "Yo, don't diss my RP with mechanics!"

- Arkans

Axhinde
11-10-2004, 04:42 PM
I listen to whatever. Mostly Sevendust, Tool, 311, Coheed and Cambria, Stonesour, Pantera, Korn, P.O.D, Rage Against the Machine, STP, and Soundgarden.

Jolena
11-10-2004, 05:00 PM
<3 Pantera-- This love. Classic I hate you you asshole song hehe.

As far as my playlists..it varies depending on what character I'm on. led zepplin, luther, pantera, linkon park, evenescence, three doors down, tupac, levert..heh I could go on and on.

Hips
11-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
<3 Pantera-- This love. Classic I hate you you asshole song hehe.

I remember who I was dating when you told me to download that song. Hahaha. :D

Izzy101
11-10-2004, 05:04 PM
In no particular order...

Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Story of the Year, Slipknot, LP, Mudvayne, and Three Days Grace.

I listen to lots more, but these are up top.

BTW: Disturbed's Prayer is the single best song of all time. Period, hands down, end of story. Kthx

-Ragonik

11-10-2004, 05:05 PM
one of my many 1700 songs

Latrinsorm
11-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
Listening to Ferry Corsten at the moment. :heart:

http://www.ferrycorsten.org/ I must have a terrible recording, his voice sounds all garbled. :bouncing:

Delaroz
11-10-2004, 06:19 PM
I don't listen to music to get into a GS mood. I typically listen to music despite benig in GS... if that makes sense. Anyway, right now?

Soft and Wet by Prince.

Hips
11-10-2004, 06:20 PM
try http://www.ferrycorsten.com/.

The Cat In The Hat
11-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by KymberlynX

Hey! Where are my royalties!?? I wrote that one! :lol:

Methais
11-10-2004, 07:01 PM
My sound setup for GS rules so much pwnage that I don't need a soundtrack.

KymberlynX
11-10-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat

Hey! Where are my royalties!?? I wrote that one! :lol:

:rofl:

I could see listening to "Another One Bites the Dust" while hunting...or something like that.

[Edited on 11-11-2004 by KymberlynX]

AnticorRifling
11-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Methais
My sound setup for GS rules so much pwnage that I don't need a soundtrack.

You need to send me that sound folder and the setup for the wizard for it. I think that would be hilarious to listen to. I remember you describing it a long time ago heh.

Methais
11-10-2004, 08:31 PM
How big of a file can I attach to a post?

AnticorRifling
11-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Methais
How big of a file can I attach to a post?

You can direct connect via IM and send me just about any size file.

Toxicvixen
11-10-2004, 08:49 PM
I could see listening to "Another One Bites the Dust" while hunting...or something like that.

I am so going to do that when the next major invasion comes along. :lol:

AnticorRifling
11-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Right now I'm singing "Glen, Glen, Glen, Glen, Glen's the man getting ready for work, got his tie got ambition, middle management is a dream he won't let die he's a man on a mission. He's the man of the hour the king of his cube, status quo reports have finally met their rival. Burning the candle at both ends on the way to the top he knows one day he might just become..... Supervisor. Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy"

That Starbuck's commercial cracks me up. And the sick part is that's from memory it might be a word or two off but that's damn close.

Toxicvixen
11-10-2004, 09:14 PM
:lol2: I sing that to my roomie every once in awhile when he has to go to work. He just smirks at me and then gets pissed cause he ends up singing it at work cause its suck in his head. Of course I change the glen to Marc.

:heart: AnticorRifling!

Jenisi
11-10-2004, 10:29 PM
My sister met Ferry and had him sign her stomach, she made me take a thousand pictures.

The Cat In The Hat
11-11-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Right now I'm singing "Glen, Glen, Glen, Glen, Glen's the man getting ready for work, got his tie got ambition, middle management is a dream he won't let die he's a man on a mission. He's the man of the hour the king of his cube, status quo reports have finally met their rival. Burning the candle at both ends on the way to the top he knows one day he might just become..... Supervisor. Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy"

That Starbuck's commercial cracks me up. And the sick part is that's from memory it might be a word or two off but that's damn close.

Thats one of the funniest commercials ever! The best part is that it's really Survivor.

Flurbins
11-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
I usually listen to Apoptygma Berzerk, Wolfsheim, Beborn Beton, Covenant, etc., but lately I've been listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack for some reason. :lol:

VNV Nation too, 'cause I'm super-excited about seeing them in December. :bouncy:

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by GS3 Michiko]

You should check out rant radio
http://www.rantradio.com/rr-industrial128.pls

Hips
11-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Flurbins
You should check out rant radio
http://www.rantradio.com/rr-industrial128.pls

I'm listening to it now and I love it already. Thanks!! :D

Kainen
11-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat

Originally posted by AnticorRifling

Thats one of the funniest commercials ever! The best part is that it's really Survivor.

EVERYTIME I see that commercial I bust out laughing.