PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Plot Involvement 2

Makkah
05-19-2003, 10:48 PM
On the Flip-side:

What do you guys think of folks that try and keep a plot among a small circle of friends?

Taernath
05-19-2003, 11:24 PM
Very inconsiderate. I understand it's been happening a lot in the Griffon Sword Saga.

Makkah
05-20-2003, 02:17 AM
The event I experienced it first hand was that lame Thurfel quest that lasted what... 2 years+? I tried one evening to peek in... was denied blatantly.

rht

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 09:03 AM
It varies for me. I can understand people gaming with their friends. I'm totally cool with the fact that the Golden Hawks stuff was just open to the people who became Golden Hawks.

Thurfel was frustrating, because there were active attempts to keep people out of it, and the GMs kowtowed to certain folks regarding it. However, lots of times, folks will just game with their friends, and get involved in plot, and then someone will not fit in and run around screaming, "FAVORITISM! WAH!"

Praefection
07-27-2003, 02:13 AM
I think it depends on the situation. I know a lot of people who only RP out things within their own circles. Unless you know them personally why would you feel the need to become involved with something your character would know nothing about. Now, if you were brought in (hey, things happen) and then your character was not allowed to join in the RP even though it's around them I would have a major orblem with it. Otherwise, I say let people do what they wish to do. Everyone has that right to RP as they see fit.

Back
07-27-2003, 02:35 AM
Everyone needs their time in the spotlight. Those who have had the spotlight need to know when to let it go. I agree with gaming with friends, but I also see the point of including anyone who wants to get involved. In this case, I'd say, spread that spotlight around as much as possible.

StrayRogue
07-28-2003, 05:50 AM
It happened an incredible amount in the GSS. Especially in relation to the Dark Alliance. Apparently they all chatted to each other OOG and coordinated their efforts that way.