PDA

View Full Version : Feature Alter help

Eiderfleur
11-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Ok, here's the deal Eiderfleur won a feature alter during Ebon Gate for winning the costume contest. Yesterday when GM Andraste pulled me up for me to collect we ended up having problems with what I wanted done. This is my second feature alter, the first being Eider's hair which I got done at Ebon Gate.

What I wanted was........ she has striking mismatched eyes, the left a vivid blue while the right is a sparkling silver. ......

However this wasn't possible due to the word "eyes" has to be at the end of the sentence.

Well she was extremely patient and for this I am very grateful, she gave me a temporary alter till she talks to another GM about some of the ideas we came up with.

The effect I decided to go for was something along the lines of petrol on water, so we came up with "kaleidoscopic silver eyes."

Quicksilver wasn't allowed, but other words we came up with were mercuric, mercurial, liquescent, mellifluent and mellifluous.

Anyone here able to help me out? I totally suck at this and would really appreciate some help.

For anyone who hasn't met Eiderfleur or know what she is like, she is a deranged, zelia worshipping ,halfling wizard.

Please please please help me out folks! :)

Jenisi
11-10-2004, 08:53 AM
I think kaleidoscopic eyes sound hot. I'd keep em.

Nieninque
11-10-2004, 08:56 AM
How about,

Some different coloured bog eyes

Eiderfleur
11-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Jenisi
I think kaleidoscopic eyes sound hot. I'd keep em.

Yeah my fiance said the same thing, but I think it's a little short and doesn't really look like an alter. He claims that is the best alter, understated.

Eiderfleur
11-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
How about,

Some different coloured bog eyes

Thanks Snowy, I knew I could count on your valued opinion!

(Just wait till i start saying vulgar and obscene things to you in game) muhahahaha

Tsunami
11-10-2004, 09:17 AM
Hmmm, facial alters are the hardest....I have a similar effect on one of my characters (too bad I dont play anymore) her eyes are marbled.

I do like the kalidascope, and I have seen people with altars of two different eye colours.

She had one vivid blue and one sparkling silver iris, making for strikingly contrasted (mismatched) eyes??? <~~ Just off the top of my head.

Eiderfleur
11-10-2004, 09:28 AM
Andraste said that you need to have a colour because when you attend your eyes you only get to see one colour :/

So should I go for what I have here? or go for mismatched. Andraste did say she had never seen anyone with kaleidoscopic eyes, which I like as it is unique.

Tsunami
11-10-2004, 09:56 AM
The choice is really up to you...I know, just what you want to hear eh. ;)

I like the kaleidoscope, but don't be fooled that they are unique, or at least they won't be for long, nothing in GS ever is. :P

But heres a list of other words you could use if you like, hope this helps!

Capricious
Motley
Prismatic
Psychedelic
Variegated
Dappled
Mingled
Mottled
Versicolored
Speckled
Streaked
Veined

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by Tsunami]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-10-2004, 10:01 AM
The best alter IS understated, i'd go with Kaleidoscope

Wezas
11-10-2004, 10:04 AM
She has a long purple hair growing out of a large rough mole on the left side of her nose.

^^ most def.

AnticorRifling
11-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Pie-bald!!!

Eiderfleur
11-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Wezas
She has a long purple hair growing out of a large rough mole on the left side of her nose.

^^ most def.

Bah! hush you! Although purple kinda matches what I did with her hair.

She has fuzzy, tangled violet hair with fuchsia-tipped spikes poking out at various angles.
:)

11-11-2004, 05:20 AM
multifaceted mulberry eyes

Nieninque
11-11-2004, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Eiderfleur

^^ most def.

She has fuzzy, tangled violet hair with fuchsia-tipped spikes poking out at various angles.

Sounds like Fizz off coronation street.

Go Stay!

petroglyph
11-11-2004, 06:12 AM
She has kaleidoscopic, mismatched blue and silver eyes

She has mismatched blue and kaleidoscopic silver eyes

She has mercurial blue and silver swirled eyes

Mellifluous and mellifluent seem like rather bizarre adjectives for eyes; how did you intend them to be interpreted?

Eiderfleur
11-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by petroglyph
She has kaleidoscopic, mismatched blue and silver eyes

She has mismatched blue and kaleidoscopic silver eyes

She has mercurial blue and silver swirled eyes

Mellifluous and mellifluent seem like rather bizarre adjectives for eyes; how did you intend them to be interpreted?

Mellifluous and mellifluent as well as Liquescent were all recommendations from another GM who Andraste was talking to.

Nieninque
11-11-2004, 07:18 AM
I still reckon you should use boggle in there somewhere

Eiderfleur
11-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque

Originally posted by Eiderfleur

^^ most def.

Sounds like Fizz off coronation street.

Go Stay!

Bah! Sounds nothing like that ginger!

Stay on topic yah daft bint! *points to the eye alter part of the topic* Ignore the hair, it was merely there to say it would match if my eyes were set to purple, If I had known it would have been such a distraction to you I wouldn't have put it there :P