PDA

View Full Version : Tons and tons of alters.

Syraphine
11-09-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm selling a ton of alters, far too many to list here. If you're interested, visit this page: http://www.freewebs.com/rolton/melanis.htm

Jenisi
11-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah um, I know you like to get high offers and all but prices would be much nicer.

Syraphine
11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
If you're interested in something, contact me. We will discuss pricing. That's how I do things.

crazymage
11-10-2004, 01:51 AM
404 - Page Not FoundWe're sorry, the page you are looking for does not exist on FreeWebs.

Tsa`ah
11-10-2004, 01:52 AM
Must be you, it loaded fine for me.

Syraphine
11-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Ya, i've been told that sometimes the page doesn't load, but after a few tries it works fine. I've never had the problem, though. Dunno if it's FreeWebs or the individuals trying to view it.

Axhinde
11-10-2004, 07:37 AM
- The items have no MB or BUYOUT set
- I'm "ONLY" taking buyout bids

That's a bit contradictory.

- Please bid generously due to this.

I get it now.

The Cat In The Hat
11-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Nothing that interest's me, and even if there was I wouldnt buy it from you without prices, sorry. Too much fucking around.

Syraphine
11-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Ya Axhinde, I copied Barumples on some of his introductory shit (on the rest of the site). Basically meaning it's flat prices only, no auctions, but I discuss pricing after I receive some sort of offer.

And that's fine, Cat, some people are just like you. But even more people aren't, and that's good for me. It's amusing though that a few IMs is considered "too much fucking around". heh. Either way, since you're not interested in anything, it's pretty moot. But thanks for the commentary!

Meos
11-10-2004, 04:07 PM
I'd say it's more like a 200-300 pounds of alters at most.

Makkah
11-10-2004, 04:12 PM
<<Nothing that interest's me, and even if there was I wouldnt buy it from you without prices, sorry. Too much fucking around. >>

Gothique, just curious what was your fucking point of posting that other than being a complete cunt?

rht

Chelle
11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
By too much fucking around she means, having to wait for replies to email. All the haggling, Or having to wait to see if the person is online to IM them. If they're not on when you are on, then you have to wait to see when or if she logs on. And all that stuff. Too much hassle. I think people would prefer at the very least, a ballpark price that she's wanting on said items. At least, they'd have something to work with, you know?

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by Chelle]

Axhinde
11-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Makkah
<<Nothing that interest's me, and even if there was I wouldnt buy it from you without prices, sorry. Too much fucking around. >>

Gothique, just curious what was your fucking point of posting that other than being a complete cunt?

rht

And the point of that, other than to reiterate how much of a floppy cock you are?

Miss X
11-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Alright, can we stick to talking about what is being sold and stop with the insulting guys? :)

Syraphine
11-10-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Chelle
By too much fucking around she means, having to wait for replies to email. All the haggling, Or having to wait to see if the person is online to IM them. If they're not on when you are on, then you have to wait to see when or if she logs on. And all that stuff. Too much hassle. I think people would prefer at the very least, a ballpark price that she's wanting on said items. At least, they'd have something to work with, you know?

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by Chelle]

Ok, well if you think about it, you have to do ALL that crap anyway if you decide to buy an item. Wait for E-mails, wait for person to be online to IM or do exchange, etc. So either way, I don't see how it matters. And my AIM is always logged on unless my cable modem craps out, so you'll always be able to leave a message for me if i'm not there. Like I said earlier, that's how I do stuff. I believe if most people really like an item of mine, they'd IM me to discuss it. If that's too much work for some, then they can live without my stuff I guess.

The Cat In The Hat
11-10-2004, 06:46 PM

rht

Ok first, this is me being a complete cunt. See the qoute button? Right there! yeah, that one, in the upper right hand of my post. Learn how to use it.

Now, as to my earlier post, No I wasnt being a cunt, but thank you for the love. I was simply stateing I wouldnt buy anything without a ballpark price idea, I'll try to be much more sweet and less cuntish in my future posts, just for you smooch!

:penis:

*Edited to add the penis, because what is a cunt, without a penis?

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by The Cat In The Hat]

Adhara
11-10-2004, 07:13 PM
I think a quick visit to www.crystalamulet.com will answer the questions on ballpark figures.

Makkah
11-11-2004, 12:11 AM
<<Ok first, this is me being a complete cunt. See the qoute button? Right there! yeah, that one, in the upper right hand of my post. Learn how to use it. >>

Hey, Gothique... you know that spellcheck program that practically every word processor uses? Yea... the handy tool that catches bad typing and even worse spelling? Yea. Use it. I don't use quote because I don't like to use quote. Now, kindly shut up and leave the topic with your head hanging in shame. Oh, stop being a cunt, and I'll reciprocate.

rht

The Cat In The Hat
11-11-2004, 07:07 AM
OMG I MISTYPED A WORD, im so ashamed.

Makkah
11-11-2004, 08:16 AM
Actually, along with mistyping "qoute", you spelled "stating" wrong and, in general, your grammar was really bad. So... yea.

Like I said, bow out now while you don't look like TOO much of an ass.

rht

Parkbandit
11-11-2004, 08:48 AM
By the way Makkah, spell check is two words.. not one.

The Cat In The Hat
11-11-2004, 09:08 AM
ROFL

No, this is a forum, I dont much care what you think. YOU started this by calling me a cunt when I wasn't being one, so shut the fuck up already eh? So far I'm not the one that looks like an ass here.

Caiylania
11-11-2004, 09:15 AM
There were a few things I liked, but I don't really feel like offering a price and hearing "that's not as high as I was looking for" or whatever.

Wish you had just listed prices :(

Kaeral
11-11-2004, 11:20 AM
:yeahthat:
Personally I never buy anything that doesn't have a base price. It obviously means that your sole purpose it to try to get people to pay you more than the item is worth. And some of the prices I've seen there that people have payed are WAY over the value of the item being sold.

SpunGirl
11-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Those are some nicely-designed items, but the nit-picker in me just has to point out that platinum doesn't tarnish, chip, or scratch.

-K

Caiylania
11-11-2004, 11:33 AM
Never thought of it that way, but true.

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 02:47 PM
Thank you for the compliment. Tarnished platinum... it's called artistic license. This is a fantasy game right? You haven't ever seen someone cast a spell and kill a manticore in real life, have you? So why, in this fantasy world, can't platinum tarnish, chip, or scratch? It's all about what the item is supposed to represent.

And Caiylania, as I *believe* I posted earlier, which I could be wrong about, I get offered a price, and then say what I originally wanted and try to work out some kind of compromise if the numbers aren't similar. I post my items with prices on crystalamulet.com *only* to get them out there and seen by the public. Most often, I don't take what i'm asking on that site unless the item is bought directly from that site. But as it states on my linked page, I am selling my alters only so I can make some real cash. If an item will only get me a gallon or two of gas silver-wise, then I won't sell it. Despite the drop in alteration values lately, I have still been able to sell my items for decent prices because they are so well-designed. It just sometimes takes a bit longer, and i'm willing to wait for that.

Axhinde
11-11-2004, 02:54 PM
I honestly don't get why people are expected to pay more for somebody else's idea of a good alter. I know I wouldn't, just for the simple fact that an item being altered really means little to the actual item itself.

Also, just to clarify, because I'm still seeing contradiction, you say you are willing to wait but on your linked page it states you need to sell the items fast. So which is it?

Caiylania
11-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Syraphine
And Caiylania, as I *believe* I posted earlier, which I could be wrong about, I get offered a price, and then say what I originally wanted and try to work out some kind of compromise if the numbers aren't similar.
If an item will only get me a gallon or two of gas silver-wise, then I won't sell it.

Originally, I wasn't saying you were in the wrong or anything. I just stated why I was not buying the things I liked.

Me -----> There were a few things I liked, but I don't really feel like offering a price and hearing "that's not as high as I was looking for" or whatever.

You -----> If an item will only get me a gallon or two of gas silver-wise, then I won't sell it.

Therefore, if what I offer is not high enough, you will say that's not as high as you were looking for.

Don't be so defensive. Not everyone agrees with how you merchant. Is that going to change how you do it? No. So just keep doing what your doing and don't worry about what we say.

[Edited on 11-11-2004 by Caiylania]

Chelle
11-11-2004, 03:02 PM
I noticed the need to sell things fast notation too. heh.

Yeah, though people are just saying you'd have better luck if you listed a ballpark price, otherwise it *appears* to *some* that you're trying to be greedy, by having people offer a price.

Because if they are naive or don't shop around a person might offer some high, high price, and of course you'll be like "uh yeah that sounds good to me!", you know? I think that's another problem some people are having. However, having the prices of them on crystalamulet.com helps, though not everyone knows of that website or know your stuff is listed there.

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Axhinde
I honestly don't get why people are expected to pay more for somebody else's idea of a good alter. I know I wouldn't, just for the simple fact that an item being altered really means little to the actual item itself.

Also, just to clarify, because I'm still seeing contradiction, you say you are willing to wait but on your linked page it states you need to sell the items fast. So which is it?

No one is expected to do anything. People will bitch if they want (obviously), and people will buy if they want. And lucky for me, i've had more of the latter over the past few months.

And in regards to your question, that was made months ago, when I was trying to sell things fast to move. I moved in July, so now i'm just selling to help take care of some extra bills and whatnot. I don't see the point in changing my page, as why i'm selling doesn't really matter. Nor should you care whether i'm trying to sell things fast, or waiting. I honestly don't see why you bother asking, heh.

Axhinde
11-11-2004, 03:08 PM
I don't care what it is you're doing, to be honest. As I previously stated, which in fact did answer why I bothered asking, is because it was contradictory. The reason is not what is in question, because I think we all know the actual reason to sell anything. What was in question, was have two stories. It's like being tried for murder, and claiming you were wearing your favorite pair of gloves, and then saying that they don't fit.

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 03:25 PM
I don't care what it is you're doing, to be honest. As I previously stated, which in fact did answer why I bothered asking, is because it was contradictory. The reason is not what is in question, because I think we all know the actual reason to sell anything. What was in question, was have two stories. It's like being tried for murder, and claiming you were wearing your favorite pair of gloves, and then saying that they don't fit.

And what i'm trying to say is, what should anyone care if on my page it says I want to sell fast, but in my post it says I can wait for decent prices? It's not as though this were some very important factor in my auction. It's not as though this should mean anything, to any of my potential buyers. Of course, everyone would like to get rid of their items as fast as possible. But I will not sell them until I feel that i'm receiving a decent amount of coins for them. I want what I think the item is worth, and in many cases, my idea of item worth and a buyer's idea of item worth are very similar, so a compromise is often reached. If you are not one of them, why would you even care about how I conduct business?

And yes, my items are posted on crystalamulet.com for the max I would ever expect to get for them. The reason I do not post that on my page, is because, again, I like to compromise with buyers. I have found that with my experience, in many past auctions, posting a price next to your items makes it seem as though those are your prices, solid and uncompromisable. This is why I don't post my prices. I always try to work with whomever is interested. If it turns out, we just cannot agree, then that's it.

Eiderfleur
11-11-2004, 03:34 PM

Goddamnit Axhinde! If the glove does not fit acquit acquit acquit! :P

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Eiderfleur

Goddamnit Axhinde! If the glove does not fit acquit acquit acquit! :P

Ugh Shorty, you just had to, didn't you. Hehe.

Toxicvixen
11-11-2004, 03:44 PM
I have found that with my experience, in many past auctions, posting a price next to your items makes it seem as though those are your prices, solid and uncompromisable. This is why I don't post my prices. I always try to work with whomever is interested. If it turns out, we just cannot agree, then that's it.

As a consumer though I, like many others, enjoy at least having a jumping off point to start negotiations. My problem with no prices is you don't know if those people will be reasonable and whether or not you want to waste time with them trying to find out.

In my past experiences without prices go something like this:

Me: How much for this?
Them: Make offer
Me: 10k?
Them: LOL You serious? This an ALTERED item! Try again!
Me: 15k then?
Them: I don't deal with people who aren't serious.
Me: I AM serious! Maybe if you told me how much you would want and I can tell you if I want to pay it?

And then usually they get angry at me for not being able to read the mind of said seller.

Sell however you want to its your stuff. People are just giving you some advice on why they aren't buying. :grin:

Drew
11-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Personally I won't ever bid on an item without a price listed, (or I bid 10k just to start negotiating, but most people get offended and won't say what they want me to pay) on the other hand, I'm all for the free-market. You're welcome to sell items anyway you please, some people just won't participate.

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Toxicvixen

As a consumer though I, like many others, enjoy at least having a jumping off point to start negotiations. My problem with no prices is you don't know if those people will be reasonable and whether or not you want to waste time with them trying to find out.

In my past experiences without prices go something like this:

Me: How much for this?
Them: Make offer
Me: 10k?
Them: LOL You serious? This an ALTERED item! Try again!
Me: 15k then?
Them: I don't deal with people who aren't serious.
Me: I AM serious! Maybe if you told me how much you would want and I can tell you if I want to pay it?

And then usually they get angry at me for not being able to read the mind of said seller.

Sell however you want to its your stuff. People are just giving you some advice on why they aren't buying. :grin:

If you have read anything I have posted, you should know that's not how I do things. The example you posted here is pretty silly, as it's not compromise. And yes, it's my stuff. How about this... this thread has become completely outta control. It's not about how people do or don't want to buy my items and for whatever reason. It's just me posting a list of my items for sale. I think everyone has had plenty to say and I think it's all been said. The bottom line is, if you don't care to find out about purchasing an item, just stop already. I think it's obvious at this point that I am quite reasonable, so more of these posts are just not needed. How about we drop it right here and now? Thanks.

Toxicvixen
11-11-2004, 04:02 PM
May have been silly to you, but what I deal with everytime I try to buy something from people with no prices. I have paid a lot of money, probably more then most would for alters cause I am insane. :yes: But I have better luck when the prices are spell out for me. Why try to compromise when you can just get what you want from it?

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Toxicvixen
May have been silly to you, but what I deal with everytime I try to buy something from people with no prices. I have paid a lot of money, probably more then most would for alters cause I am insane. :yes: But I have better luck when the prices are spell out for me. Why try to compromise when you can just get what you want from it?

Are you actually interested in anything i'm trying to sell? If so, IM me. You will then see I don't play games. Otherwise, please drop it like I asked in my previous post.

SpunGirl
11-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Jesus H Christ, Syraphine. A few people have made some mild suggestions regarding your selling tactics and you act like they've insulted your entire family. You come here as a new poster, and people don't know you, what you're like, or your habits. If you post something here, it's open for comment, period. If you can't take it, maybe you're just an eensy bit too sensitive.

-K

Drew
11-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Last night someone was selling a kilt and sporran that "were really old". I had bought a pocketed kilt for 10k a little while ago and so when he said make him an offer I offered 10k for each item. At least this guy said he wouldn't sell for less than 800k. A lot of the time they would just laugh or get angry.

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
Jesus H Christ, Syraphine. A few people have made some mild suggestions regarding your selling tactics and you act like they've insulted your entire family. You come here as a new poster, and people don't know you, what you're like, or your habits. If you post something here, it's open for comment, period. If you can't take it, maybe you're just an eensy bit too sensitive.

-K

I don't feel as though you've insulted anyone at all. I'm just getting tired of reading and responding to all this, as everyone is saying the exact same thing, heh. I think we all get the point, no?

SpunGirl
11-11-2004, 04:12 PM
You don't have to respond. People are allowed to state their opinions, it doesn't require a defense or a response on your part. Unless, of course, you feel your actions and/or selling policies require defending.

-K

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Drew
Last night someone was selling a kilt and sporran that "were really old". I had bought a pocketed kilt for 10k a little while ago and so when he said make him an offer I offered 10k for each item. At least this guy said he wouldn't sell for less than 800k. A lot of the time they would just laugh or get angry.

Xythos runs his business like I do :) I don't laugh or get angry. But I guess you'd have to contact me to find that out.

DeV
11-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Best bet would be to stop responding and just sell your stuff. If people are interested they'll contact you, if not, they won't. Simply as that.

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
You don't have to respond. People are allowed to state their opinions, it doesn't require a defense or a response on your part. Unless, of course, you feel your actions and/or selling policies require defending.

-K

Oh and, it's not defending. It's explaining. I am a new poster here, and i'm sure none of you know who my character is in game just by my posts. But of course i'm going to explain when people start running off about how i'm greedy and whatnot by practicing this way. I'm sure you yourself would try and explain why you do things a certain way when people assume different.

SpunGirl
11-11-2004, 04:19 PM
:banghead:

-K

Syraphine
11-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Heh, hardly a brick wall. But DarkelfVold is quite right. This will be my last post. If you like my items, IM me. Thanks ;)

Keller
11-11-2004, 04:37 PM
posting to add:

I was one of the first people to view this thread yesterday. I was like, "alright, I didn't go to Ebon's, let's see what I can find that will fit some of my characters." Then I saw that you had no prices and went back to reading America: A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction.

I just wanted to let you know you lost one more potential customer, regardless of your merchandize, because it'd be a headache and a half to buy anything from you.

Makkah
11-11-2004, 06:34 PM
What's merchandize?

Keller
11-11-2004, 07:45 PM
What's merchandize?

Main Entry: 2mer·chan·dise
Variant(s): also mer·chan·dize /-"dIz/
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -dised also -dized; -dis·ing also diz·ing
intransitive senses, archaic : to carry on commerce : TRADE