PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sowwie!

ElvenRangeress
09-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Ok I'm finally getting the hang of making topics that are *positive* :P

Is there a special friend, loved one, or some body out there from GS you would like to give an apology to? Maybe you did something wrong and they won't respond to your e mails, IMs or whatever, say who it is here, and start apologizing!

(Maybe theres some people on the message boards you've offended, hint hint! just kidding :bouncy:

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

Betheny
09-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Yeah but I'm not going to discuss my private life here.

ElvenRangeress
09-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Well this thread is for anyone who is willing to do just that, if no one is then my thread will fall down and soon decay! ;oP

Betheny
09-06-2003, 08:56 PM
In-game wise the only people I'd apologize to, ever, would be the suckers that are losing the Griffin Sword War.

SUCKERS!

http://pages.prodigy.net/aulistrian/ResistanceBanner.jpg

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by Maimara]

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm almost sorry I picked on Garr..does that count?

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm sorry to Maimara, Crystal Tears, HarmNone and anyone other virile young female GSer: I know its terrible luck I can't be there "entertaining" you all in person, but hey, next time when you're alone in bed at night, give the Stray Rogue a thought and I am sure the fun and amusement we could have shared will be replicated in your minds etc.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:19 PM
again..ew?

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I'm sorry to Maimara, Crystal Tears, HarmNone and anyone other virile young female GSer: I know its terrible luck I can't be there "entertaining" you all in person, but hey, next time when you're alone in bed at night, give the Stray Rogue a thought and I am sure the fun and amusement we could have shared will be replicated in your minds etc.

I'm showing my boyfriend this thread. Maybe now he'll believe me when I say people have been propositioning me.:bounce:

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:22 PM
I would..but you scare me..a lot.

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:23 PM
I should scare you, Adredrin.

I should scare you a lot.

SATAN KNOWS YOUR NAME....

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey its not my fault my accent turns you girls to flailing masses of orgasms *shrugs innocently*

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey, funny thing..I was told us Americans accents turn on Aussie gals..weird.

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:26 PM
StrayWhore, I'm telling my mom on you.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:27 PM
Oh god..now SHE is gonna start posting..Oi..

-Adredrin

HarmNone
09-06-2003, 09:28 PM
I am sorry I am not currently in England. I do believe a certain bloke needs a bit of a dressing down. ;)

HarmNone...pun? Where?

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:29 PM
pun? what pun?

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Simucon ladies. You have been warned.

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Dude, Simucon's not that great, unless you're into hefty chicks, chicks that aren't single, old chicks, or chicks that are there to cheat on their husbands... There's not many other kind there... and if there are, we're generally not there to get dicked by someone that lives a billion miles away.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Dude, Simucon's not that great, unless you're into hefty chicks, chicks that aren't single, old chicks, or chicks that are there to cheat on their husbands... There's not many other kind there... and if there are, we're generally not there to get dicked by someone that lives a billion miles away.

I love you for your bluntness, you know that?

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:40 PM
I thought I scared you.

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 09:41 PM

Being that I am a nice bastard, I won't laugh at the irony of this comment ;) YOU know why Maim :P

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Meh, I'm SO over the scared of you part.

-Adredrin

Your all bark and no bite gal :D

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:43 PM
I hate you, Stray. You're cut off.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Ooo, hit a nerve?

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm free, free as a bird...

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:46 PM
I'm free, free as a bird...

:lol:

-Adredrin

Ok, you can post now..you always make me laugh.

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Don't push my limits. I quit smoking last night. I am not afraid to tear your brains out through your nose with a pliers.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Really? We got about 7 packs of smokes right here next to the computer..want one?

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Poor baby.

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:50 PM
I HOPE YOU DIE

HORRIBLY

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:53 PM
aww, I'm sorry, I'll be more sensitive to your needs ::hugs Beth::

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:55 PM
:flamed:

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Aw man, no one told me Maimara was asian..asian chicks are hot :D

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 09:58 PM
THAT'S NOT ME, JESUS

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Oh..Ok.

-Adredrin :D

Man, I'm starting to think you really do hate me! Heh

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:03 PM
No I don't hate you I hate that I don't have any cigarettes.

Dammit. I'm going to the store. This is rediculous.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Hey..grab me a pepsi?

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Get me a twinky, or wtf they are called. The one with yellow dye number 5 in it.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:07 PM
Dude, thats so not cool, asking her to handle your twinky so...normal like. She is a woman, respect her wants.

-Adredrin

Halfsilver
09-06-2003, 10:37 PM
ha...ha.

funny.

-grays:yawn:

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 10:37 PM
She didn't buy me one :(

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:39 PM
::savors his pepsi with glee::

-Adredrin

Halfsilver
09-06-2003, 10:41 PM
Is it just me, or has this thread veered completely off topic...?

Aren't there two or three other threads with the same banter?

We should make a thread called "Adredrin and Stray flirt with the girls of PC"

-grays/darren :grin:

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Meh, I'm not flirting, I gotta halfli..err woman :-P

-Adredrin

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Or the 'Grays Kisses the Moderators' Ass' thread.

Halfsilver
09-06-2003, 10:44 PM
LOL.

You got me pinned, Maimara. :rolleyes:

I was just wondering since almost every thread I've read in the past hour is the same thing. ::shrug::

-grays/darren

Betheny
09-06-2003, 10:45 PM
I blame Canada.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Damn French canadians..

-Adredrin

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 10:46 PM
I blame America.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 10:47 PM
I blame America.

Why not..all the other countries in the world do? :?:

-Adredrin

Halfsilver
09-06-2003, 11:05 PM
god, that is so true.

And when we do so much for everyone, too!

-grays/darren:smilegrin:

Izalude
09-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Alright Maimara... First of all, if the resistance was led by someone even HALF as competent as any of the DA High Priests, then the war would be going much differantly. You guys have the advantage. You don't have one; you have four High Priests who are also very good military strategists. We're led by a prophet who can't see a damn thing and doesn't like to talk about his past!

And next, don't get me started on Canada. Side from the high taxes, low paying jobs, and weird accents, the place is a veritable paradise! (as long as the cold doesn't bother you)

GS4Gurl
09-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Scottish accents make me hot.

However I do hate accents in the game. Anyone who uses an accent in the game should die a slow stabbity death with a Barney cleaver.

ElvenRangeress
09-07-2003, 01:47 AM
aww your mean! you didn't add my little pictures for people to link to my website! ;o)

Betheny
09-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Izalude
Alright Maimara... First of all, if the resistance was led by someone even HALF as competent as any of the DA High Priests, then the war would be going much differantly. You guys have the advantage. You don't have one; you have four High Priests who are also very good military strategists. We're led by a prophet who can't see a damn thing and doesn't like to talk about his past!

And next, don't get me started on Canada. Side from the high taxes, low paying jobs, and weird accents, the place is a veritable paradise! (as long as the cold doesn't bother you)

HI WE SUCK KTHX ~ The Resistance

(I'm poking fun, Izalude!)

Vesi
09-07-2003, 02:02 AM
If only Atlantis hadn't sunk.<sigh>

I blame volcanos.

Oh yeah. To stay on topic, I love everyone! No fences for me to mend. Move along.
:P

Vesi

P.S. I can't find sowwie in my dictionary.

Halfsilver
09-07-2003, 02:03 AM
Keep trying.

-grays (hates critics)

Vesi
09-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
Keep trying.

-grays (hates critics)

If that was for me, made my day. Thanks!

Vesi

Halfsilver
09-07-2003, 02:10 AM
um. You're welcome. I guess.

-grays

GS4Gurl
09-07-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by ElvenRangeress
aww your mean! you didn't add my little pictures for people to link to my website! ;o)

I will if you still make me a siggy!

ElvenRangeress
09-07-2003, 02:25 AM
i have them on my webpage! hehe, click links *smooches*

09-07-2003, 03:42 AM
To Everyone:

I'm sorry. Forgive me?

Artha
09-07-2003, 11:55 AM
I'm also sorry to Artha. I said he needed to get outside because he looked like Powder. Well, he does look like Powder, so I felt bad.

I have been honing my amazing alabaster complexion for months. I wish I could have pink eyes like Powder, then I would be truly awesome.

edit: My ultimate goal is to blind people with my skin.

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by Artha]

longshot
09-07-2003, 12:41 PM
That is indeed a lofty goal.

I think one of my apologies has been accepted.

I wonder how the others will pan out...

peam
09-07-2003, 01:03 PM
I regret nothing.

If I've crossed you, remain crossed!

09-07-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by peam
I regret nothing.

If I've crossed you, remain crossed!

Hell yeah! Fear the Peamer's WRATH!

ElanthianSiren
09-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Ok, who decided we need an OOC place to apologize for something we did IC? Question 2 - Who do I have to kill for hatching the idea that started this thread? ::Gets out the AKS-74::

Seriously, keep it on topic; if you want to ignore the lines between ooc and ic, that's cool with me, but guys, try and stay on topic or I'll close it. I consider several of the posts on here over the line. Thanks.

-Melissa

09-07-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
Ok, who decided we need an OOC place to apologize for something we did IC? Question 2 - Who do I have to kill for hatching the idea that started this thread? ::Gets out the AKS-74::

Seriously, keep it on topic; if you want to ignore the lines between ooc and ic, that's cool with me, but guys, try and stay on topic or I'll close it. I consider several of the posts on here over the line. Thanks.

-Melissa

Sometimes we do. Not everyone keeps IC and OOC as seperate as they should.

I recently had a bad argument with Sapphyrre in game. She used to be my friend and suddenly she adopted a cold demeanor towards everyone. So when I tried to hug her, I couldn't. So I used ACT to hug the stuffing out of her and she got pissed OOC. Now she's WARN INTERACTed me over that, and I can't find any sympathy for her because that seems so idiotic. Getting pissed OOC cause someone touched you in a game.

That kinda thing happens.. and personally, I think it's a very valid topic if for no other reason than that.

StrayRogue
09-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Sorry, but I think using ACT to force someone into an action is a bit off. It kind of makes the Demeanor verb pointless.

09-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Sorry, but I think using ACT to force someone into an action is a bit off. It kind of makes the Demeanor verb pointless.

That's exactly the point. The demeanor verb is a good catch-all, unfortunately, it doesn't make sense.

Klaive went to hug her and it said she didn't look like she'd care for that.

Klaive doesn't care what you look like, he'll hug you anyway unless you take him out before he can. I'm not saying people should force themselves on others, it just didn't make sense. The messaging needs to be changed to something like... "As you attempt to hug so and so, they push you away with a scowl."

That'd work better.

StrayRogue
09-07-2003, 06:16 PM
Well perhaps the text could use some work.

Person steps back as you go to hug her. Might work. But again, that is forcing someone to take an action.

Overall though, I do feel the demeanor verb works. In theory.

09-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Well perhaps the text could use some work.

Person steps back as you go to hug her. Might work. But again, that is forcing someone to take an action.

Overall though, I do feel the demeanor verb works. In theory.

I agree, it's just the text.

She set the demeanor verb, so I don't think there's anything wrong with it forcing her to do an action.

Other people, however, should not be forced into anything by demeanor. Their attempt should only fail due to the actions of the stand-offish party.

An icy glare isn't gonna stop Klaive from tickling you. But a sharp shove away followed by an icy glare would work nicely.

ElanthianSiren
09-08-2003, 01:51 AM
Guys, I had to nix a post in this thread. I tried to edit it and leave it up, but I couldn't. I'm sure you can discern which one it was, and I hope you can accept my apologies for letting it stand so long (spec. Maimara and SpunGurl).

I think a lot of the problem with GS is 1. the inability for people who play to realize ooc from ic. 2. the mindset of "you told me not to so now I want to all the more" obvious in the fact that people would abuse the act command to do something that they themselves know is unacceptable to one party.

I agree that it was pretty dumb for your friend to suddenly adopt a cold demeanor toward you, but there are ways to RP that out with her -- either arranged by IM or in the game in ooc whispers. If she's not worth that time, well then, I have to ask again why we made this topic unless we're hoping people will crawl out of the woodwork on hands and knees to apologize to our GS characters through the players ::grins::.

That aside, I've long thought GS needs an ooc whisper function and feel that it would probably go well toward ensuring things like this don't happen. First communication is often the most difficult step in a level-headed conflict especially conflicts involving an in game personna.

-Melissa

Vesi
09-08-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Demon Lord Kage

Sometimes we do. Not everyone keeps IC and OOC as seperate as they should.

I recently had a bad argument with Sapphyrre in game. She used to be my friend and suddenly she adopted a cold demeanor towards everyone. So when I tried to hug her, I couldn't. So I used ACT to hug the stuffing out of her and she got pissed OOC. Now she's WARN INTERACTed me over that, and I can't find any sympathy for her because that seems so idiotic. Getting pissed OOC cause someone touched you in a game.

That kinda thing happens.. and personally, I think it's a very valid topic if for no other reason than that.

There was an IC reason she was mad at you. (from what you say because I don't know either of you) The way I see it, she did keep it IC by changing her demeanor. However, you couldn't stand that she had done that so you forced yourself on her by abusing the ACT command. Maybe she wanted to roleplay it out. You (the player) did what you wanted even though her character obviously didn't want to be touched. Klaive, the character, should have acted confused and tried to question her as to why she felt this way and maybe roleplayed it out. However, Klaive's player decided (OOC) that he was he was going to do whatever he wanted and chose to ignore an IC tool that she had properly used. Klaive didn't do that. Klaive's player did that. You were the one that mixed the two first. I would be angry also if I were suddenly cold to previous friends and they did that without asking why. She might have been hasty with the warn, but Klaive's player totally ignored what her character wished. Again, I know nothing about this but what you posted here.

Vesi

09-08-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Vesi

There was an IC reason she was mad at you. (from what you say because I don't know either of you) The way I see it, she did keep it IC by changing her demeanor. However, you couldn't stand that she had done that so you forced yourself on her by abusing the ACT command. Maybe she wanted to roleplay it out. You (the player) did what you wanted even though her character obviously didn't want to be touched. Klaive, the character, should have acted confused and tried to question her as to why she felt this way and maybe roleplayed it out. However, Klaive's player decided (OOC) that he was he was going to do whatever he wanted and chose to ignore an IC tool that she had properly used. Klaive didn't do that. Klaive's player did that. You were the one that mixed the two first. I would be angry also if I were suddenly cold to previous friends and they did that without asking why. She might have been hasty with the warn, but Klaive's player totally ignored what her character wished. Again, I know nothing about this but what you posted here.

Vesi

Not so. I wasn't upset that she had a cold demeanor. Klaive just didn't care. He wouldn't notice that someone was all scowly or mean, he wouldn't care to notice. He'd grab his friend in a bear hug and go about his business.

If there was messaging to indicate him being forcefully shoved away, that might get his attention.

As for IC/OOC, I had no problem. But then she IMed me going, "You know you're upsetting me OOC too. I have my demeanor on cold cause anyone touching my fictional GS character makes me feel violated IRL." (Okay, So I'm paraphrasing.)

Overall, I think she's damn silly, and I'm not apologising to her. I was just using that as an example of one reason someone may wish to apologise here.

Drew2
09-08-2003, 06:19 AM
You could/should have compromised by, first of all, not abusing the act verb, and done something along the lines of
(Klaive steps towards <whatever her name was>, opening his arms to embrace her while ignoring her icy glare.)
It's not exactly hugging her, and gives her a chance to RP out of it if she REALLY doesn't want you touching her. (As in inserting the shove you would respond to).
Just my opinion.

09-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
You could/should have compromised by, first of all, not abusing the act verb, and done something along the lines of
(Klaive steps towards <whatever her name was>, opening his arms to embrace her while ignoring her icy glare.)
It's not exactly hugging her, and gives her a chance to RP out of it if she REALLY doesn't want you touching her. (As in inserting the shove you would respond to).
Just my opinion.

Admittedly, I could've handled it better.

Of course, our encounter just a few days ago probably couldn't have been helped. I was quite busy and stumbled upon her. I wanted to be polite and friendly but be on my way. Being the type of person I am, I had forgotten all about the spat we had before and interacted with her. So she WARN INTERACTed me, and I basically decided she can go to hell after that.

GS4Gurl
09-08-2003, 05:21 PM
I'd like to take whoever implemented the WARN verbs and smack them across the assface.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 05:24 PM
I repeat, Warn is for whimps who are too weak to end the shit they start.

longshot
09-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
Guys, I had to nix a post in this thread. I tried to edit it and leave it up, but I couldn't. I'm sure you can discern which one it was, and I hope you can accept my apologies for letting it stand so long (spec. Maimara and SpunGurl).

-Melissa

That's crap and you know it.

I was on topic, and anything bad I said was limited to one or two small paragraphs about SpunGurl.

I went over the edge there, fine. But, if you delete that, the rest of the post was fine.

Please explain to me how this was so un-editable?

SpunGirl
09-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Please explain to ME what was said about me, since I just started reading this thread. Also, longshot, do me the favor (this is the third request) of relaying to me in any fashion you choose just why you hate my guts. I can deal with people not liking me, but I prefer to know WHY.

-K

SpunGirl
09-09-2003, 10:56 AM
And longshot, it's GIRL. I don't go for the other spelling. At least I spell your *****handle right.

-K

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by SpunGirl]

[Edited on Tue, September th, 2003 by ElanthianSiren]

StrayRogue
09-09-2003, 11:10 AM
He's probably just getting you mixed up with GS4Gurl.

Adhara
09-09-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm a bit late in reading this but Klaive, I think what you did is very lame. You, as a player, *knew* that she did not want to be hugged. For whatever reason, it pissed you off and you decided to go around it by abusing the act verb. *Then* you worked out some IC bullshit about Klaive to justify it. The messaging it gives you is proof that your character *noticed* she didn't want to be hugged. It's the player that forced himself upon her.

edited a typo.

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Adhara]

SpunGirl
09-09-2003, 12:07 PM
He's probably just getting you mixed up with GS4Gurl.

He's freaked out on me in another thread too, in which he called me "the biggest piece of trash on these boards" and in which I also asked him to explain himself. Nothing yet. At least when I call people trash I can tell them why, and I'm not afraid to do so. (but thanks Stray)

-K

StrayRogue
09-09-2003, 12:50 PM
You're too pretty to be trash ;)

<---- is always schmoozing :D

09-09-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Adhara
I'm a bit late in reading this but Klaive, I think what you did is very lame. You, as a player, *knew* that she did not want to be hugged. For whatever reason, it pissed you off and you decided to go around it by abusing the act verb. *Then* you worked out some IC bullshit about Klaive to justify it. The messaging it gives you is proof that your character *noticed* she didn't want to be hugged. It's the player that forced himself upon her.

edited a typo.

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Adhara]

No, acually, I assumed she had gotten a cold demeanor and forgotten to befriend me or that maybe her list was full. The messaging is proof of nothing.

You know how "such and such arrives" all the time? Klaive doesn't notice everyone who walks in... that would mean he was constantly vigilent, and he most certainly isn't. He focuses on one thing at a time and anything else kinda slips by... which works, cause that's how the player is too.

AFTER the incident was when she IMed me, immediately after. And I left her alone, but I thought she was literally insane.

I have every intention of honoring her WARN INTERACTION though, because anyone who acts like that would end up getting nothing from me but a swift kick between the legs (regardless of gender) and a bitchslap right across the face with a sharp wrist-snap that would leave a big ass red hand print all across their grill.

I have no use for basketcases who are neurotic about being touched in game. If it's all RP, fine. RPing is why we're here. But she was going insane OOC, and that's just really messed up.

In short, I feel that the situation played out for the best in the end. She's rid of me, and I won't EVER be in the same room as her again, cause now, every breath she takes irks me something fierce.

Betheny
09-09-2003, 05:10 PM
I'd like to know what was said, as well.

ElanthianSiren
09-09-2003, 06:14 PM
SpunGirl and Maimara were both targets of your post Longshot, and as the moderator, I found it inappropriate. You can post it again word for word if you like, and I can warn you and remove it again or you can clean it up yourself and post it again. Personally, I felt if I was Maimara or SpunGirl, I would be very offended by what you said.

Second, since you have targetted SpunGirl in ANOTHER thread, that constitutes harassment. If you have a problem with what I did, you can always talk to Caels, but I won't allow that type of content to be transmitted here.

-Melissa

Betheny
09-09-2003, 07:52 PM
Well, Longshot, if you've got a problem with me, and I'm sure SpunGirl feels the same, you ought to U2U or something and tell us what the deal is.

I didn't see the post so I can't be offended, but ElanthianSiren doesn't seem like the type to overreact, so it must have been pretty nasty. I don't recall liking or disliking you at all, so if you've got a reason to be a jackass, why don't you do those of us you hate a favor and let us know wtf your problem is.

Thanks.

Izalude
09-09-2003, 09:05 PM
No, acually, I assumed she had gotten a cold demeanor and forgotten to befriend me or that maybe her list was full. The messaging is proof of nothing.

In the future, type demeanor (person). My character's demeanor is neutral by default, but on his befriend list you'll see some that are friendly, one that is warm, and a few that are cold. Anyone, including those on your befriend list, will see that I have a neutral demeanor in general.

AFTER the incident was when she IMed me, immediately after. And I left her alone, but I thought she was literally insane.

I have every intention of honoring her WARN INTERACTION though, because anyone who acts like that would end up getting nothing from me but a swift kick between the legs (regardless of gender) and a bitchslap right across the face with a sharp wrist-snap that would leave a big ass red hand print all across their grill.

So let me get this straight... It is your firm belief that cheating on someone, or being cheated on by someone you're dating is one of the worst things imaginable... yet you say You'd smack a woman if she acted like that?

In short, I feel that the situation played out for the best in the end. She's rid of me, and I won't EVER be in the same room as her again, cause now, every breath she takes irks me something fierce.

It's a game. If it's irking you that bad OOC, then you need to get away from GS for awhile.

09-09-2003, 11:32 PM

So let me get this straight... It is your firm belief that cheating on someone, or being cheated on by someone you're dating is one of the worst things imaginable... yet you say You'd smack a woman if she acted like that?

No, if she didn't like being touched cause she was being loyal to someone, fine. I find a no hug policy to be absolutely ridiculous, but I can respect it. She isn't being loyal to anyone, she's being neurotic and undeniably insane.

It's a game. If it's irking you that bad OOC, then you need to get away from GS for awhile.

What's in game doesn't irk me. Her player is irking me.

CrystalTears
09-10-2003, 12:53 AM
So let me get this straight. As long as your roleplay is satisfied, how anyone else feels about your interaction with them is inconsequential, yes?

She obviously set her demeanor in such a way for her own reasons. To blatently disregard her feelings and abuse the act verb in order to get your own way is just wrong on all counts. It angered her as a player because you did abuse the mechanics of the verb.

Basically you forced a hug upon someone who didn't want it. Try hugging someone that didn't want to be hugged by anyone in real life and see how far that gets you. And if you shrug them off and consider them fungi because they wouldn't curtail to your wishes, then perhaps you need to reconsider how you act around other people before you start judging them for their feelings.

longshot
09-10-2003, 03:37 AM
Well, Longshot, if you've got a problem with me, and I'm sure SpunGirl feels the same, you ought to U2U or something and tell us what the deal is.

I didn't see the post so I can't be offended, but ElanthianSiren doesn't seem like the type to overreact, so it must have been pretty nasty. I don't recall liking or disliking you at all, so if you've got a reason to be a jackass, why don't you do those of us you hate a favor and let us know wtf your problem is.

Thanks.

In another thread, someone said something about you and SpunGirl jello wrestling. Someone said it would be too jiggly.

I was drunk, and said something to the extent that you guys were meaty and it would be jiggly no matter what. I forgot the thread that it was in.

I was drunk when I posted that, and I posted that I was sorry for saying that in this thread.

Maimara, I am sorry. It was an uncalled for cheapshot by me.

However, I kinda screwed up the rest of the post, and it got completely removed.

Trying to make peace after Jack Daniels...

CrystalTears
09-10-2003, 04:38 AM
Because you didn't really apologize. You started off saying I'm sorry and then kept on saying "but you really are meaty around the arms though" and it just got worse from there. How about not posting while drunk eh? Must be some new trend or something. :rolleyes:

09-10-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
So let me get this straight. As long as your roleplay is satisfied, how anyone else feels about your interaction with them is inconsequential, yes?

She obviously set her demeanor in such a way for her own reasons. To blatently disregard her feelings and abuse the act verb in order to get your own way is just wrong on all counts. It angered her as a player because you did abuse the mechanics of the verb.

Basically you forced a hug upon someone who didn't want it. Try hugging someone that didn't want to be hugged by anyone in real life and see how far that gets you. And if you shrug them off and consider them fungi because they wouldn't curtail to your wishes, then perhaps you need to reconsider how you act around other people before you start judging them for their feelings.

Basically, I don't keep friends who have boundries that apply to me. I was under the impression that she was my friend, thus, I assumed her cold demeanor was not intended for me, so I wrote her off as silly and played Klaive as he would act were she to look "too uptight for a hug". He hugged her even more than normal, cause when people are uptight is when they need hugs most!

She was not angered as a player because I disregarded her wishes. She was angered as a player because her character being touched makes her freak out OOC. Why? Clearly, she's insane.

Scott
09-10-2003, 05:11 AM
<<<<Basically, I don't keep friends who have boundries that apply to me. I was under the impression that she was my friend, thus, I assumed her cold demeanor was not intended for me, so I wrote her off as silly and played Klaive as he would act were she to look "too uptight for a hug". He hugged her even more than normal, cause when people are uptight is when they need hugs most!>>>

Just because you feel that friends in Gemstone should hug, smooch, and all that all the time doesn't mean others do. I don't like when people hug me, smooch me, or any "mushy" stuff. It's nothing personal, I just don't like it. Everyone that knows me knows I don't like it too. Just because you feel that friends should act a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does. You shouldn't force your actions on anyone and if you really thought it was a mistake and not meant for you, you should have asked her.

<<<<She was not angered as a player because I disregarded her wishes. She was angered as a player because her character being touched makes her freak out OOC. Why? Clearly, she's insane.>>>>

It's not that she's insane, she just doesn't like it. I know a lot of people who don't like being hugged in game either. If someone doesn't want something, you shouldn't force it on them. What you were doing was abusing the act command, which in itself should have made you realize not to do it.

Bestatte
09-10-2003, 08:07 AM
My primary character Bestatte was -not- a hugger. She considered a hug, particularly by someone she wasn't VERY close friends with, to be an invasion of her personal space.

Kinda like in real life, if you're walking down 5th Avenue in NYC, and some stranger asks if you can give them directions to Saks. You do, and they reach over and grab you and wrap their arms around your body and tug you to them. If that happened to me I'd SCREAM for help.

I hated empaths who hugged. Especially the ones who were bloodied with missing limbs. I considered it a disgusting act and a total disregard for realistic roleplay.

Whenever someone who was not VERY close friends with Bestatte hugged her she would clamp her arms firmly to her sides to show that she was NOT pleased with the assault on her person.

I would -never- use the demeanor command. It's an insult to roleplay. But so are the people who will force reactions through their "acts." A good example was when Avantos would drop-kick Jubuls off the Hearthstone step, and get pissed when Jubuls took it as a physical assault.

JUBULS was roleplaying a reaction to being drop-kicked. Avantos' player considered it just a goofy moment of fun with the act verb. Gotta love how Avantos is now a GM.

<smirks>

Skirmisher
09-10-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Bestatte
I would -never- use the demeanor command. It's an insult to roleplay. But so are the people who will force reactions through their "acts." A good example was when Avantos would drop-kick Jubuls off the Hearthstone step, and get pissed when Jubuls took it as a physical assault.

JUBULS was roleplaying a reaction to being drop-kicked. Avantos' player considered it just a goofy moment of fun with the act verb. Gotta love how Avantos is now a GM.

<smirks>

Yups,
I also was not quite overjoyed when I heard he was made a GM having my own not quite stellar rp experiences with him.

I will admit that my encounters with his GM persona have been better though.

Perhaps he really did improve his vision of what roleplaying is.

09-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101

Just because you feel that friends in Gemstone should hug, smooch, and all that all the time doesn't mean others do. I don't like when people hug me, smooch me, or any "mushy" stuff. It's nothing personal, I just don't like it. Everyone that knows me knows I don't like it too. Just because you feel that friends should act a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does. You shouldn't force your actions on anyone and if you really thought it was a mistake and not meant for you, you should have asked her.

I have no problem with you acting as you wish to act. Nor do I have a problem with her acting that way now.

The reason is, you're not my friends. You're not necessarily my enemies, but you (now her) are not highlighted and counted among my friends.

My friends do have to act a certain way. Not because I demand that they conform to whatever I say, but because I am a reckless person, I do things that may offend most people. I hug, I smooch, I tickle, I poke, I grab people's hands and drag them across town, I quake, I e-wave, I say inappropriate things and I never ever censor myself.

It takes a very accepting person to be my friend, because anyone else WILL have problems with me and I refuse to deal with any problems that arise due to my natural behavior. There's a strict policy of "deal with it, or hit the road" and that's what happened here. I can't keep up with individual people's little quirks and I don't feel that dealing with friends should involve modifying your natural behavior in any way, nor should it be an abrasive or volitile situation.

CrystalTears
09-10-2003, 04:41 PM
So they have to put up with your quirks but you won't put up with theirs. <snorts> Some friend.

09-10-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
So they have to put up with your quirks but you won't put up with theirs. <snorts> Some friend.

I put up with most anything that they do that doesn't involve me changing my behavior.

Obviously I won't be friends with those who are insulting/abusive to me or Klaive's woman, nor will I befriend people who are unfaithful in their relationships... but mainly, as long as you aren't a terrible person in my eyes, any personal quirks you have that don't involve me changing my behavior are just fine. Most of my friends are INSANE. One of them attacks me every time he sees me, and I counter attack. We only do it once. He usually stuns me, I usually stun him, then we both go and get healed. We're friends though, it's just something we do... kinda like Bernie Mac and Chris Rock in Head of State. LoL.

I have another friend who likes to kill one of my sons every time she sees him. That's no problem. Another friend steals from me constantly, which doesn't bother me if a friend does it.

Most of my friends have major quirks, just none of them are things I need to keep track of or modify my behavior for.