PDA

View Full Version : Human Monk Stats

GSRocks
09-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Human Monk; what kind of stats and what should I train? I need something standard and balanced nothing too gung-ho as I'm totally new to this.
Would like to setup for ideal XP absorption/combat power/leveling. I will be using a Fixstat toward end-game.

Euler
09-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Human Monk; what kind of stats and what should I train? I need something standard and balanced nothing too gung-ho as I'm totally new to this.
Would like to setup for ideal XP absorption/combat power/leveling. I will be using a Fixstat toward end-game.

Just pointing out the obvious. No hate intended, I play a monk too. I just think those things you mention are add odds with each other.
discipline and logic help with exp. Strength and agility with attack strength. You can google the gs statcruncher to help determine where to put what.

GSRocks
09-25-2015, 07:39 PM
Just pointing out the obvious. No hate intended, I play a monk too. I just think those things you mention are add odds with each other.
discipline and logic help with exp. Strength and agility with attack strength. You can google the gs statcruncher to help determine where to put what.

hum I'm at a loss then. Judging from your posts and join date you seem to be a veteran and experienced player as well. I've been taking the advice of Android and Donquix decided to roll up a monk over a sorcerer or ranger or bard; which presumably are the three most powerful classes as in the game. But I like the style of monks better and they are a new addition to the game. I should just throw up my hands then.

As on aside, really digging the RP intensity of the game though, was in a some kind of guild drama in TSC the other night. very groovey.

Astray
09-25-2015, 07:46 PM
If you want to be a Monk, be one. Simple as that, yo.

Euler
09-25-2015, 07:55 PM
yep. I play a monk. I'm just saying he isn't a power hunter. Every single class can cap. I also am near 100% sure that you will reroll your first attempt within the next 6 months. Just go play. Don't let perfect get in the way of good.

Also, reputation doesn't mean a thing. Most of the people here don't even play anymore.

Astray
09-25-2015, 07:58 PM
If you want to power hunt, min-max and just be a devastating hard hitter that can beast on everything, go bard.

If you want to have fun and develop a character that isn't defined by class, go with what you want.

Androidpk
09-25-2015, 08:00 PM
How do you define power hunter?

Taernath
09-25-2015, 08:36 PM
If you want to be a Monk, be one. Simple as that, yo.

http://i.imgur.com/pgOHD0j.jpg

Don't play a monk as your first character. Ranger or bard are better for new players.

Astray
09-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Amazing.

Maerit
09-25-2015, 09:13 PM
Tank you INF stat to 20 for now. You won't really feel much from that other than a small amount of lost income with vendors. Try to keep STR and AGI in the higher area along with CON for the encumbrance benefit.

Get high LOG value. It's the primary stat for exp absorption and can in influence the use of minor mental Warding spells.

I would say to put medium emphasis on DEX, DIS, INT, and slightly lower emphasis on WIS and AUR. Don't go COL, and that shouldn't effect you much save for you will be low on MTPs.

This leaves you effective early to mid game, but you'll max STR and AGI pretty quickly. There isn't a great payoff for a monk to not just start out with stats set for max growth since you can fix your own stats with perfect self fairly early on.