PDA

View Full Version : Mt first project

Tsarok
09-23-2015, 06:09 PM
Hello, I was hoping to get some input on my first project. First I would like to say that I am fairly new to gemstone so don't make fun of me. Heh. I am building a katana and I have started working on the show and I have some neat ideas. However, I need to decide what metal to go with. Razern seems good as it has crit weighting, yet I am extremely found of black ora. So I have two questions. First off, is there no longer a way to make a black ora weapon "pure" anymore as RoTFC is gone? Second question, is the only way to enchant a black ora weapon via premium points? Is there ever merchants that'll do so? Ohh. Alas, I have a third question. Is the only way to get it "named" is if I purchased a named weapon, or won a named weapon from a raffle? Once again forgive all my ignorance here. Thanks!

Allereli
09-23-2015, 06:16 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by building a katana. Katana cannot be crafted, you'll have to find one on a creature or the open market.

Pure black ora is a merchant service only available at events like RtCF. Just because Coraesine Field was retired doesn't mean high end service events won't happen again. You can probably request pure black ora as a certificate for Duskruin and Wyrom might or might not oblige.

You won't be able to enchant a black ora katana except through a merchant or premium points. Generally, black ora weapons found in the treasure system can be enchanted by a wizard.

Anyone can name any weapon at any merchant willing to put a read description on the item.

Androidpk
09-23-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by building a katana. Katana cannot be crafted, you'll have to find one on a creature or the open market.

Pure black ora is a merchant service only available at events like RtCF. Just because Coraesine Field was retired doesn't mean high end service events won't happen again. You can probably request pure black ora as a certificate for Duskruin and Wyrom might or might not oblige.

You won't be able to enchant a black ora katana except through a merchant or premium points. Generally, black ora weapons found in the treasure system can be enchanted by a wizard.

Anyone can name any weapon at any merchant willing to put a read description on the item.

Build as in build an alteration design.

Androidpk
09-23-2015, 06:19 PM
If you have a weapon and you want it to have a name.. just give it a name. You don't need a merchant to write its name on it.

Allereli
09-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Build as in build an alteration design.

except he's talking about the material to use

Tsarok
09-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Oh, that was both timely and informative. Thanks to both of you! Also, by "building" I just simply ment altering the descriptions both short and the show. I am excited. This game is ridiculously addictive.

Tsarok
09-23-2015, 06:24 PM

Yes I was also pondering the material as I wasn't sure if black ora could be enchanted at all, rather that be via a merchant or premium points. If so I was going to go with razern due to the natural weighting. I prefer black ora though as I love that it is cursed and evil.

Androidpk
09-23-2015, 06:27 PM

This is the alteration folder.

Androidpk
09-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Yes I was also pondering the material as I wasn't sure if black ora could be enchanted at all, rather that be via a merchant or premium points. If so I was going to go with razern due to the natural weighting. I prefer black ora though as I love that it is cursed and evil.

Katanas have natural heavy weighting. There are a few razern katanas, I believe they are considered very heavy weighting. There is also one particular razern katana that has (I think) 25 points of weighting.

Nephelem
09-23-2015, 06:43 PM
Back in the day katanas did not actually exist in the game. If you could convince a merchant to do so you could have a variety of other edged weapons altered into katanas. Most of these were falchion based but a variety of others exist as well including longswords and backswords. Now katanas are officially their own weapon type and will have a variety of enchant levels with heavy crit weighting. So in practical terms you would most likely buy an existing katana that is made of a metal you like in the secondary market and then modify its description from there. Most merchants will not allow you to change the base metal of the item they are altering. Some will add metals as an accessory but if that metal is rare in nature they may require you to provide the material for them to work with.

Black Ora is divided into three types. The black ora that come from the treasure system is cursed when you find it but once you have that removed it is just standard ora for most mechanical purposes. It does have increased difficulty to enchant via the player enchant system but it won't cost extra to have done with premium points. Minor pure black ora weapons are generally a raffle or high end service item and they are permanently cursed, requiring you to either pour a pure potion or cast remove or neutralize curse any time you hold the item for 30 seconds or more. They reduce spirit regen and increase wisdom and mana regen and have a uniquely messaged disruption flaring table with a higher flare rate that does not occupy the classic weighting/flaring slot so they can be both. Major pure black ora items are the same thing with a higher base enchant on average and the ability to ATTEND once per day and be teleported to a location.

Enchanting done by merchants is usually a raffle level service and often has restrictions on the maximum level of enchant they will do and many of the exotic base qualities of items like crit weighting in katanas, and pure black ora scripting will disqualify them from being serviced. These rules vary raffle to raffle and service to service so there is never a single answer as to whether an item can be worked on.

When you alter an items description it can generally have either a long or a show. A long is a description where you see the entire description when looking at a person holding the item. A show will require a shorter main description, usually a 15/15/15/, but it allows for a much longer detailed description that is visible when you LOOK at the item or SHOW it to someone. The show description can include a name or be just a name. Hope some of that helps.

Androidpk
09-23-2015, 06:52 PM
Not entirely true as there was a merchant that sold katanas off the shelf. There was also a god auction katana given out af one point too. But yes, there were falchions and a few other blades altered into katanas, all of which are very rare.

Nephelem
09-23-2015, 07:05 PM
I should have prefaced it with "This is not a comprehensive list of every katana that has ever existed in gemstone. Ask PK if you want that." I did a backsword and a longsword to a katana myself back then which is why I included them as an example. Just trying to help a new player, not trying to run afoul of the katana police lol.

Vorpodu
09-23-2015, 07:32 PM
You are under arrest for bearing false katana witness.

Astray
09-23-2015, 07:35 PM
Glorious Nippon steel will not be folded by barbarian hands. Go home filthy gaijin.