PDA

View Full Version : Voting Preparedness

Back
10-27-2004, 08:01 AM
Friendly reminder with a little personal story.

I moved not to long ago and re-registered to vote. Well, I haven’t recieved my voting pamphlet yet so I went looking for my voter registration card. I found what I thought was the new one and did a look up on the address so I could map quest it and know where to go. Well, turns out, it was my old card.

I went to my state’s website to try and find my new one based on my address. What I found were three different places. Searching around some more I found my new card, found the school that I am voting at, and map quested it with the route and time all planned out so I can get to work as soon as possible afterwards. (Can’t take the day off. Took to many this year already.)

So... my advice, find out where your voting station is today. You are on-line now, do a quick map quest of it. The polls could have lengthy lines this year so be prepared.

Betheny
10-27-2004, 09:55 AM
Isn't there some kind of time you can take off to vote, with pay? What are the rules regarding that?

xtc
10-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Thanks, I think I am too late to vote by absentee ballot which means I will have to drive hours to vote.