PDA

View Full Version : HSN:ELR- Elemental Deflection (507) Updated!

bp0731
09-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi everybody! (As usual, check the == MECHANICS == section if you hate me.)

So I hear you all don't like seeds. Well, I don't know what it is that you have against plants (Maybe you're not a fan of THE WATERING? I don't know) but given that maybe you'll like today's update! Alright, on to talking about what's going on... First off, this is not a watering. We're talking EARTH today (Plants? See what I did there? HA!) because we're gonna give out a neat defensive bonus. The spell is called DEflection, but we thought we might add some REflection into it, since those words are already so close to each other. Let's get on to what actually happened!

== MECHANICS ==

At 15 ranks of Elemental Lore, Earth this spell unlocks the ability to reflect bolt attacks. The base chance is 5% + 1% for every 10 additional lore ranks (past 15). The reflected bolt will hit a random (group/player unfriendly) target in the room with a -20 AS applied to the reflected attack.

Some notes:

- The check for reflection happens before any AS/DS checks, so this effect happens whether or not the attack would have hit you.
- The reflected bolt does not consider hidden/invisible targets.
- The reflected bolt CAN hit the original attacker.

~ Konacon

This message was originally posted in Wizards, Major Elemental Circle. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/237/2655/view/372

m444w
09-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Group and player unfriendly? Are they just trolling wizards now?

Androidpk
09-03-2015, 01:21 PM

I really hope that is a typo.

Silvean
Hey! It's not like the wizard cast the bolt. That's the group and players' problem if they can't run with the big dogs.

rolfard
Makes perfect sense. A reduced bolt bounces off the wizard. It's not a controlled reflection, it is quite literally a deflection. Hope your hunting partners enjoy you getting bolted!

Fallen
09-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Man...we really need to stay the fuck away from wizards during invasions!

kcostell
09-03-2015, 01:24 PM
If the wizard wasn't in the room, the bolt would have hit a random player in the room at full strength.

Now it hits a random player or creature, and even if it hits a player, it does so at reduced strength.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 01:26 PM
If the wizard wasn't in the room, the bolt would have hit a random player in the room at full strength.

Now it hits a random player or creature, and even if it hits a player, it does so at reduced strength.

Unless that wizard chooses to evoke cone, that is.

Viekn
09-03-2015, 01:30 PM
What would make this cool would be with enough earth lore, the wizard could eventually automatically channel the bolt back at the caster when the deflection happens, thus eventually preventing the possibility it strikes another player in the room. I mean, we control our own bolts, why not be able to control (again, with enough earth lore) the bolts that would be deflected?

Astray
I can KINDA see why they went for group and player unfriendly. The argument is that in the heat of battle you can't always blah blah blah. So you basically throw this shit into someone's face on accident. It's something a dickbag DM would pull, sure, but it makes sense.

Taernath
Seriously. What the flying fuck.

subzero
09-03-2015, 01:31 PM

I was going to say that the ability for it to target anything wasn't necessary, but you have a good point here. I'm not sure why hidden or invisible targets are exempt. A careening bolt wouldn't really care about them being visible or not.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 01:41 PM
I was going to say that the ability for it to target anything wasn't necessary, but you have a good point here. I'm not sure why hidden or invisible targets are exempt. A careening bolt wouldn't really care about them being visible or not.

It's easy to read into why they'd do it, but I suppose it should just be seen as a win.

Taluric
09-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Probably to keep from pulling hiding hunting partners out randomly. Does it make sense? Not really. But it is a nice quality of life addition to the effect.

Taernath
09-03-2015, 01:46 PM
What's next? 906 now has a seed 5 summation/rank of setting the room on fire dealing damage to all not grouped! 917 now has a 1% chance/seed 2 of destabilizing the continent of Elanith, causing severe damage to player homes!

Fallen
09-03-2015, 01:47 PM
What's next? 906 now has a seed 5 summation/rank of setting the room on fire dealing damage to all not grouped! 917 now has a 1% chance/seed 2 of destabilizing the continent of Elanith, causing severe damage to player homes!

hahahaha.yeah

Astray
09-03-2015, 01:49 PM

That'd be, hands down, the coolest fucking thing.

Taernath
09-03-2015, 01:58 PM
That'd be, hands down, the coolest fucking thing.

Hey, now you have a reason to cast 917.

Are there any other defensive spells which are dangerous to other players?

kcostell
09-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Invisibility.

You go invisible, a critter's more likely to swing at your hunting partner. Dangerous to other players in the same way as this spell, only much more likely.

Luftstreitkräfte
09-03-2015, 02:03 PM
hope this can be toggled

Vorpodu
09-03-2015, 02:05 PM
I mean, the spell is called elemental deflection.

Archigeek
09-03-2015, 02:10 PM
They seem to be stuck copying abilities they've given to CMANs or other trainable skills, like dodge. This is just a copy of the shield skill, with the unfriendly part added. My experience with the square version is that it's fun and cool and all, but very rarely does it factor into the outcome of combat. Of course, in the shield version, most shield users are trained well enough in shield use that the bolt isn't going to hit them anyway, so I guess that changes things. Still, I'd like to see fewer copies and more original ideas. Some of the new sorcerer stuff is pretty cool and new and fresh.

kcostell
09-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Kardios in the official forums hit on what actually seems like the bigger issue with this spell buff: It's damn powerful in the hands of creatures.

The reflection will hit a Wizard casting it while they're still in offensive from casting the bolt.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 02:15 PM
The reflected bolt can hit anyone that is not the person reflecting the bolt.

~ Konacon

I didn't read it like that, but this is completely unfriendly, not even friendly to your own group. Not bitching, just an FYI.

Also:

> Can a reflected bolt be reflected?

Not at this time. Sorry!

~ Konacon

Astray
09-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Hey, now you have a reason to cast 917.

Are there any other defensive spells which are dangerous to other players?

It would be amazing if you could bounce Meteors off yourself and at other players.

Silvean
09-03-2015, 02:18 PM
It would be amazing if you could bounce Meteors off yourself and at other players.

Like an evil popcorn machine.

Roblar
09-03-2015, 02:18 PM
The shield deflection where a physical projectile (arrow/bolt) reflects directly back (180 degree) at the the shooter is dumb and breaks my immersion. It should be taken out, the item would shatter, drop, or stick (if wood) at point blank hit. Angling a shield to hit a critter nearby is stretching it but fine.

Magical balls/bolts makes sense going in any direction when hitting a magical shield. I'm fine with making the shield manuever player unfriendly to match this spell re/deflection. It's a dangerous world, they are originating from creature in the same room, if you get damaged then you weren't prepared to defend against whatever you are hunting.

Astray
09-03-2015, 02:20 PM
I want to throw my shield. Why isn't that a cman? Throw it and have it bounce off someones skull to fuck over whoever else might be in the room.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Kardios in the official forums hit on what actually seems like the bigger issue with this spell buff: It's damn powerful in the hands of creatures.

The reflection will hit a Wizard casting it while they're still in offensive from casting the bolt.

Yeah, this could be nasty for bolting pures. A capped creature with 507 will have 50 ranks of Earth lore.

That's an 8% chance to have your own bolt fired back at you (-20 AS) while in offensive stance.

...I'll just be sticking with my Tower shield upon my return. You can keep your runestaves.

audioserf
09-03-2015, 02:32 PM
The unfriendly bit is just a spiteful GM dick in the ass and isn't needed. I kind of want to say Solomon insisted on that part and they didn't bother to revise it after he left and just released the approved version.

All of the bullshit and player angst surrounding this ELR and they had the opportunity to do something 100% cool, and decided not to do that.

Astray
09-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Like an evil popcorn machine.

I'd actually rather they completely and totally removed that spell and replaced it with something better. Or at least actually usable in hunting.

m444w
09-03-2015, 02:58 PM
This was a nerf, not a buff. Especially if you hunt with squares that don't have a high bolt DS.

Allereli
09-03-2015, 03:02 PM
This was a nerf, not a buff. Especially if you hunt with squares that don't have a high bolt DS.

the -20 bolt AS is for the creature's bolt AS, not the reflecting wizard's

Fallen
09-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Ok, can someone explain this to me:

Wizard gets hit with critter's bolt and it reflects, the bolt is who's Bolt AS - 20?

Critter gets hit with Wizard's bolt and it reflects, the bolt is who's Bolt AS - 20?

If either of the answers is "The Wizards" then it could be a problem for their hunting partner.

Roblar
09-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Wizard gets hit with critter's bolt and it reflects, the bolt is who's Bolt AS - 20?

Creature

Critter gets hit with Wizard's bolt and it reflects, the bolt is who's Bolt AS - 20?

Unknown, do creatures get lore benefits?

Tgo01
09-03-2015, 03:15 PM

If either of the answers is "The Wizards" then it could be a problem for their hunting partner.

From my understanding, for all intents and purposes the bolt always belongs to who originally cast it.

So if a critter casts at a wizard and the bolt is reflected, it is still the critter's bolt. The wizard just made the bolt target someone/something new.

If PvPerA casts a bolt at WizardB in town and WizardB reflects it, the bolt still belongs to PvPerA so if InnocentBystanderC gets hit with said bolt then PvPerA will get in trouble with the justice system.

True, if a wizard with high bolt AS casts at a critter with 507 up it could potentially reflected off them and kill the wizard's hunting partner but this isn't a problem with the wizard profession in particular, it can happen with anyone who casts a bolt spell at a critter with 507 up.

All that said though, since critters get the benefit of this lore addition it seems like more of a buff for critters than it does for wizards.

Yup, apparently they get .5x per their level to all lores. So a level 100 critter with this spell would basically have 50 earth lore ranks.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 03:16 PM

Yes. GMs have stated all critters are considered .5x trained in the appropriate lore for any spell they possess, offensive or defensive.

Astray
09-03-2015, 03:16 PM

It's caster bolt -20.

m444w
09-03-2015, 03:17 PM
the -20 bolt AS is for the creature's bolt AS, not the reflecting wizard's

And you now have the "ability" to hit characters with spells they would have otherwise avoided, it's a completely nonsensical change.

Before you just had to pass the 100/(n of characters) in a room to avoid the bolt, now it's higher... so that's a nerf to group hunting as a wizard.

I mean, wizard's have more important nerfs to try to pick and choose the battles for at this point, but this is an utter slap in the face to anyone that plays a wizard after the awesomeness that has been bestowed upon sorcs.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 03:18 PM
I don't think all that many critters have 507 up, but there are going to be a good number over level 30 (giving them enough ranks to activate the 5% bonus reflect chance). We'll find out through attrition who they are in time, I suppose.

Off the top of my head, Ithzir Adepts should definitely fit that list, as they are essentially wizards.

Tgo01
09-03-2015, 03:19 PM
And you now have the "ability" to hit characters with spells they would have otherwise avoided, it's a completely nonsensical change.

Before you just had to pass the 100/(n of characters) in a room to avoid the bolt, now it's higher... so that's a nerf to group hunting as a wizard.

I mean, wizard's have more important nerfs to try to pick and choose the battles for at this point, but this is an utter slap in the face to anyone that plays a wizard after the awesomeness that has been bestowed upon sorcs.

You have a good point. Don't wizards already have awesome bolt DS? I think the only time my wizard gets hit with a bolt spell is when those damn cerebralites cast bind on him then his bolt DS drops. A lot.

Donquix
09-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Creature

absolutely. My wizard died yesterday to a creature's stoneskin flaring the earth crit when i hit it with a bolt.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 03:20 PM
I don't really see zapping your hunting partner as the "nerf" here. The nerf is wizards will be facing a 5% - 8% chance on a number of creatures, more as you move towards the cap, who will throw their own bolt AS at them -20 while they are in offensive stance.

That's the rub.

The current suggestions i'm seeing are to cast Elemental Disjunction or to keep 1720 up to block it outright.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 03:21 PM
You have a good point. Don't wizards already have awesome bolt DS? I think the only time my wizard gets hit with a bolt spell is when those damn cerebralites cast bind on him then his bolt DS drops. A lot.

What's his Offensive Bolt DS versus his Offensive Bolt AS - 20? That's what you need to worry about.

Tgo01
09-03-2015, 03:23 PM
What's his Offensive Bolt DS versus his Offensive Bolt AS - 20? That's what you need to worry about.

My wizard? He always uses Immolate so critters having this spell doesn't bother me personally :D

Allereli
09-03-2015, 03:24 PM

Do you know how many creatures use 507? I don't think there's that many. According to the Wiki only Moulis, so maybe that would be something to research before completing freaking the fuck out.

Tgo01
09-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Do you know how many creatures use 507? I don't think there's that many. According to the Wiki only Moulis, so maybe that would be something to research before completing freaking the fuck out.

How many critters...for now!

Roblar
09-03-2015, 03:26 PM
I just want to see a deflection to a runestaff holding player who, deflect it.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 03:29 PM
A Grimswarm variant will undoubtedly cast it. Ithzir Adepts i'm pretty sure will cast it. Moulis is another. Is there a Shan wizard type? Any wizard Triton types?

I'm thinking the Witches in the swamp in RR will likely wear it.

Like I said, a list will be useful. People don't bother keeping the wiki updated with critter DS spells.

Taluric
A wizard are a warrior are hunting together before this change, they both have a 50/50 chance to require an AS/DS resolution from a bolt spell from a creature.

A wizard (with 100 ranks of lore) are hunting together after this change, the wizard now has a 37% to have a bolt be cast at them that reaches AS/DS resolution, the warrior has a 56.5% chance, and the critter has a 6.5% chance to eat it's own reflected spell.

Is that 6.5% increase for the warrior really going to make or break someones hunting?

Astray
Sorcerers still fine though. That's all that matters.

m444w
09-03-2015, 03:33 PM

Let me map this out for you, because you don't seem to understand.

EVERY WIZARD USES 507.

If the WIZARD you hunt with has Earth Lore ranks, you are now mathematically more vulnerable than you would have been previously if you cannot 100% avoid bolt spell damage.

Creature -> WIZARD with lore -> Characters || Creatures

You should more appropriately ask how many creatures cast bolt spells.

Astray
09-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Anyone raising a fuss on the officials?

Allereli
09-03-2015, 03:46 PM

Why? The creature bolt AS would get a -20 and whoever you're hunting with should at least be prepared to face the normal bolt AS. You should be much more worried about a wizard's bolt deflecting off a creature.

Archigeek
09-03-2015, 03:57 PM

Are there squares that don't have high bolt DS? Guess I've been toting a slab of metal around to stop bolts for so long that I'm not sure what those using TWC and THW are facing. It does appear that this wasn't completely thought out. I'm not sure why, if they were going to copy it from shield maneuvers they didn't just copy the whole thing and make it player friendly.

Tgo01
09-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Why? The creature bolt AS would get a -20 and whoever you're hunting with should at least be prepared to face the normal bolt AS.

Well, yeah, but shit happens. My wizard is "prepared" to face critters who can hit him with spirit spells with a roll of 60 or higher yet he's still bound to get him by them.

Jarvan
09-03-2015, 03:58 PM
All that said though, since critters get the benefit of this lore addition it seems like more of a buff for critters than it does for wizards.

We are several hundred chars wiping out tens of thousands of creatures a day with minimal loss of life on our side.

I think creatures could use a little buff to make hunting more "fun" and "interesting" instead of just sitting there untouchable killing things for loot and fame and that extra TDP post cap.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Anyone raising a fuss on the officials?

Hmm. This was just posted on the officials.

<<<The danger is a critter reflecting it.>>>

Yes. And I find that rather exciting. :)

Added complexity and danger to hunting = win. The fact that it's your own attack that could do you in is simply delicious. This will necessitate some extra care with creatures known to wear 507. Spells like Elemental Dispel (417) and Elemental Disjunction (530) may find new application. A bard's Song of Unravelling (1013) would be perfect for this purpose. CS spells may be more attractive against such creatures. I think it's very intriguing!

Hmm. Just a thought, is it possible to see what spells a creature is wearing with Elemental Detection (405)? If not...could it be?

~ GtG

So ...yeah. Take that for what you will.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 04:23 PM
> Is there any possibility that a 1 second delay could be added to the spell reflection? It would solve the problem of this change resulting in a penalty to bolting wizards.

It is extremely unlikely that this particular change would be made. It's not a bad suggestion, and I see where you're going with it, but I don't think this is the way to do it.

> Critter concerns.

I'm curious about people's thoughts about this. So view this merely as my own curiosity for your thoughts on this, not any indication as to whether or not anything will change.

If it were 1% max for critters would that still be viewed as unacceptable to you? If not, what percentage range would you think would be fair for critters to have on this ability vs players?

~ Konacon

Food for thought.

caelric
09-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Hmm. This was just posted on the officials.

GtG's post

So ...yeah. Take that for what you will.

While I kind of agree with her on this point, GtG is pretty much a cheerleader for the GMs, so it's pretty safe to ignore her.

Jarvan
09-03-2015, 04:36 PM
While I kind of agree with her on this point, GtG is pretty much a cheerleader for the GMs, so it's pretty safe to ignore her.

I'll criticize GM's, but I do think this is a good idea. Wizards have a way to get rid of 507 if they are that worried about it. As for the OMG.. the bolt may hit my friend. Well.. the bolt could have hit them in the first place.. so... nothing has changed. Actually, it's better because of lower AS.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 04:42 PM
So wizards should be happy about a nerf to their profession during a period designed specifically to help them with their upcoming nerfs?

Wizards don't worry about Bolt attacks, unless they're thrown at them while they're in offensive, which is exactly what this change does to them.

Jarvan
09-03-2015, 04:46 PM
So wizards should be happy about a nerf to their profession during a period designed specifically to help them with their upcoming nerfs?

Wizards don't worry about Bolt attacks, unless they're thrown at them while they're in offensive, which is exactly what this change does to them.

Nerf what? This ability was ONLY given to creatures?

I am lost, I thought wizards (and other classes, duh) could deflect bolt spells now on a small chance.

Also.. which part of DISPELL 507 on critters, don't you get?

Fallen
09-03-2015, 04:49 PM
The part where you can't target specific spells? The part where having to dispel a critter before you can safely bolt it is a nerf?

It's fine you can't or more likely don't want to see this as a nerf. The GMs recognize the problem and are looking to address it.

Party on, Wayne.

Donquix
09-03-2015, 05:27 PM
so...just to hammer home the "moulis are the fucking devil" point, they now have both 520 and 507 active. with lore so...have fun with that.

Jarvan
09-03-2015, 05:33 PM
The part where you can't target specific spells? The part where having to dispel a critter before you can safely bolt it is a nerf?

It's fine you can't or more likely don't want to see this as a nerf. The GMs recognize the problem and are looking to address it.

Party on, Wayne.

Still not a nerf. A NERF would have been.. 507 Now only gives 5 DS when cast, but with earth lore seed 5 you gain an extra 1 point of DS!

This is an addition to a spell. There are ways around it if you don't want to have to beg Tgo to update your hunting script for you so you can gain levels while masturbating to midget porn (not you specifically, you generally) First off.. don't Bolt Wizards if you don't want to dispell them. (530 should get most/all of the spells anyway) Mana intensive? Maybe, but it's not like your hunting a warrior, your hunting another wizard. It SHOULD be a nice battle, not -Toss bolt it dies move on-.

The GM's don't recognize it as a problem.. they recognize bitchy whiny wizards crying about anything they see as a slight to their class. They are 100000x worse the sorcs ever were. This is an improvement, period.

so...just to hammer home the "moulis are the fucking devil" point, they now have both 520 and 507 active. with lore so...have fun with that.

OMG.. a critter that is hard to kill.. fuck, we are all doomed now.

Androidpk
09-03-2015, 05:36 PM

Cool, so moulis can fuck you before they fuck you.

Fallen
09-03-2015, 05:49 PM
> Critter Concerns

You guys are right. E/B/P is a major concern for bolts (Wizards) in general, and that would be bad enough alone without a chance for another percentage chance of killing yourself on top of it.

The 507 Earth Lore Reflection benefit is now player only.

~ Konacon

:)

RaceCondition
09-03-2015, 05:53 PM
The GM's don't recognize it as a problem.. they recognize bitchy whiny wizards crying about anything they see as a slight to their class. They are 100000x worse the sorcs ever were. This is an improvement, period.

Tell me more about how it would have been an improvement period, Jarvan.

Vorpodu
09-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Seriously let's just put on kid gloves and have every creature attack, wait 5 seconds, attack, stand their like a confused kobolds and say "Argh it halflin, cute!", attack. Like come on, you have to think a little bit and maybe have something to worry about other than RT lock? I feel for you, I really do. If you don't want combat to be challenging, we should all just push to make PCs godlike and all creatures have negative TD/DS and die in 1 hit.

darkcipher
09-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Seriously let's just put on kid gloves and have every creature attack, wait 5 seconds, attack, stand their like a confused kobolds and say "Argh it halflin, cute!", attack. Like come on, you have to think a little bit and maybe have something to worry about other than RT lock? I feel for you, I really do. If you don't want combat to be challenging, we should all just push to make PCs godlike and all creatures have negative TD/DS and die in 1 hit.

Is that on the table?

Fallen
09-03-2015, 05:57 PM
+1 for the confused kobolds!

GM Vorpodu for all future ELR updates

subzero
09-03-2015, 05:58 PM
I want to throw my shield. Why isn't that a cman? Throw it and have it bounce off someones skull to fuck over whoever else might be in the room.

There will be no Captain Americas in Gemstone, sorry!

darkcipher
09-03-2015, 06:00 PM

Yeah, Marvel would hunt you down and eviscerate you.

Vorpodu
09-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Lol, from the sound of it, people think EVERYTHING is now going to be walking around with 507 up, bouncing spells off of em like the Blob. Catacombs beware!

darkcipher
09-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Lol, from the sound of it, people think EVERYTHING is now going to be walking around with 507 up, bouncing spells off of em like the Blob. Catacombs beware!

That's how I read it... was I wrong?

Tgo01
09-03-2015, 06:02 PM

Pretty safe to assume quite a few Grimswarm will be walking around with it on. All GoS wizards would have to be on their toes anytime they are going up against Grimswarm to watch out for the elusive 507 caster.

Tolwynn
09-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Every creature wearing 507? Probably not.

Every invasion creature on the other hand ...

MrMortimur
09-03-2015, 06:05 PM
absolutely. My wizard died yesterday to a creature's stoneskin flaring the earth crit when i hit it with a bolt.

Please tell me you are serious...and have a clip saved.

Androidpk
09-03-2015, 06:07 PM

There was a lightning flaring returner hammer (until kookiegod had it changed to acid!)

darkcipher
09-03-2015, 06:11 PM
There was a lightning flaring returner hammer (until kookiegod had it changed to acid!)

No said anything about Thor. Still, Marvel will send Wolverine after you. ..

subzero
09-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Let me map this out for you, because you don't seem to understand.

EVERY WIZARD USES 507.

If the WIZARD you hunt with has Earth Lore ranks, you are now mathematically more vulnerable than you would have been previously if you cannot 100% avoid bolt spell damage.

Creature -> WIZARD with lore -> Characters || Creatures

So... non-wizards normally take wizards along with them so that they can protect (reduce the chance they themselves are attacked) them from bolt attacks? I see why this seems bad initially, but as has been said already, if there are two people in the room with a bolting critter, there's a 50% chance for each person to be targeted with the bolt. If it's the wizard, it has a chance to reflect and hit the other person. If it's the other person... what, it's all doom and gloom? They're cooked?

This change only adds a small chance that the initial target of a bolt redirects the attack to someone else. That bolt is now going to try to hit another target with a reduced AS. If people can't handle that, they were fucked anyway.

Narthsin
09-03-2015, 06:14 PM
Yay, a new HSN release! Hurry PC!

http://cd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.c om/achaea.vanillaforums.com/editor/wo/xn0skqharwn8.jpg

subzero
09-03-2015, 06:18 PM

Apparently Thor > Cap.

darkcipher
09-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Well, he's a god, so...

subzero
09-03-2015, 06:19 PM
No said anything about Thor. Still, Marvel will send Wolverine after you. ..

Wolvie's dead, baby. Wolvie's dead.

darkcipher
09-03-2015, 06:20 PM
Wolvie's dead, baby. Wolvie's dead.

Did he get hit with an errant reflected Wizard bolt?

subzero
09-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Did he get hit with an errant reflected Wizard bolt?

Sho nuff! I always knew The Wizard had to have some super sekret power, cause he kinda sucked before this.

darkcipher
09-03-2015, 06:23 PM
He had the "glow"?

"Who's the baddest mofo wizard around?"

subzero
09-03-2015, 06:28 PM
Shaft.

Vorpodu
09-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Here's an idea, use other spells? Maybe use a CS based spell against grimswarm wizards? Dispel em? Also, if there are 6 grimswarm in a room and you, and a bolt deflects, there is a higher chance it will hit another grimswarm.

darkcipher
09-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Oh, I was going for Sho'nuff, but Shaft is also acceptable.

Tgo01
09-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Here's an idea, use other spells? Maybe use a CS based spell against grimswarm wizards? Dispel em? Also, if there are 6 grimswarm in a room and you, and a bolt deflects, there is a higher chance it will hit another grimswarm.

Or just use bolt spells since critters no longer benefit from the lore effects of 507 :D

Vorpodu
09-03-2015, 06:52 PM
Or just use bolt spells since critters no longer benefit from the lore effects of 507 :D

LoL

Whirlin
09-03-2015, 07:25 PM
What's the Lowest level critter that bolts to attacks? I REALLY want to follow around a bunch of little bolting critters, and deflect to kill a whole bunch of younglings... Because Protection.

Whirlin
09-03-2015, 07:26 PM

Warmages have crappy ranged/bolt DS.

Androidpk
09-03-2015, 07:30 PM
What's the Lowest level critter that bolts to attacks? I REALLY want to follow around a bunch of little bolting critters, and deflect to kill a whole bunch of younglings... Because Protection.

Moaning phantoms, level 2.

Astray
09-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Warmages have crappy ranged/bolt DS.

Don't pussy out. I expect a Death thread.

Whirlin
09-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Ehh... I'd need Earth lore to unlock it... and I'm lazy

Astray
09-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Ehh... I'd need Earth lore to unlock it... and I'm lazy

You need to write a guide on disappointment. You're a master at it.

J/k, would have been funny though.

kcostell
09-03-2015, 09:09 PM

Huh? You try and wander around moaning phantoms, your reflection of their bolts will be weaker than the usual moaning phantom bolt. Why would anyone die from that?

subzero
09-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Huh? You try and wander around moaning phantoms, your reflection of their bolts will be weaker than the usual moaning phantom bolt. Why would anyone die from that?

Try Fenghai. I think they're 23-24ish and are able to boost their bolt AS occasionally.

Whirlin
09-03-2015, 11:20 PM
I misread the change, I thought if I were gonna get hit by something, and I was reflecting it... it would use MY AS-20, rather than THEIR AS-20...

That was like.. 3 pages of the officials in summary right there.

Also, it was adjusted, so critters will no longer reflect bolts. Just players.

nindon
09-15-2015, 07:40 PM
I've been leveraging my low probability of activating this spell by allowing elementals to throw more bolts at me than would otherwise be healthy. Look what happened when it finally activated:

>A huge earth elemental hurls a large boulder at you!

A shimmering field of energy flashes around you, reflecting the magic at a huge water elemental!

A heavy barrier of stone momentarily forms around a huge water elemental and blocks the attack!

Tgo01
09-15-2015, 07:52 PM
I've been leveraging my low probability of activating this spell by allowing elementals to throw more bolts at me than would otherwise be healthy. Look what happened when it finally activated:

>A huge earth elemental hurls a large boulder at you!

A shimmering field of energy flashes around you, reflecting the magic at a huge water elemental!

A heavy barrier of stone momentarily forms around a huge water elemental and blocks the attack!

Owned.

Vorpodu
09-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Lol