PDA

View Full Version : So, about those news people that were gunned down

subzero
09-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Why don't white lives matter? Where are the riots? Some psycho (goddamn weed) black dude kills two white people and injures another on live fucking TV and... it was news for, what, a day? Why does no one care about the crackers?!

Astray
09-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Because you can't be racist toward white people. Just like how you can't be sexist towards a man.

Archigeek
09-02-2015, 04:06 PM
It was all over the news on basically every channel in every state? I think the whole thing is horrible, and seems a pretty clearly a case of workplace violence with all the typical disgruntled employee elements.

The implication that those saying "black lives matter" must therefore be implying that white (or all) lives don't matter, has pretty little or no evidence to support it. Would it make you feel better if they added "too" to "black lives matter"?

Goldgenesis
09-02-2015, 04:07 PM
man, they really need to nerf isms bro. Currently this dead baby that keeps showing up is breaking my heart. thats awful.7580

subzero
09-02-2015, 06:50 PM
It was all over the news on basically every channel in every state?

Yeah, for a day. When a black guy gets mowed down by a non-black person, people get all up in arms and it seems to go on for months.

The implication that those saying "black lives matter" must therefore be implying that white (or all) lives don't matter, has pretty little or no evidence to support it. Would it make you feel better if they added "too" to "black lives matter"?

That's not the implication at all. I just don't like that when a black person is killed by a non-black person, people go ape-shit and act like it's the worst transgression against the entire race while other people get killed and the response is basically, "That's horrible. Condolences to their family." People should either be outraged by murders or not. Instead, they want to get outraged based on the ethnicity of the people involved.

Androidpk
09-02-2015, 07:03 PM
You know if it were blacks gunned down then Back would have been here ranting about gun control.

Astray
09-02-2015, 07:14 PM
So, I saw an argument on Facebook on whether or not the "Black Lives Matter" thing was racist or not.

The argument FOR (the movement being racist) was that the movement only looks out for their interests, black lives. They don't care about other races and when the topic of "ALL lives matter" the members seem to become outraged and offended at the idea.

The argument AGAINST (the movement not being racist) was that the movement is fighting for black lives being lost and a lack of national interest in black communities. Sad situations arose because African Americans were still being treated like second-class citizens.

Thoughts? I steered the fuck away from the argument, naturally.

Taernath
09-02-2015, 07:29 PM
So, I saw an argument on Facebook on whether or not the "Black Lives Matter" thing was racist or not.

The argument FOR (the movement being racist) was that the movement only looks out for their interests, black lives. They don't care about other races and when the topic of "ALL lives matter" the members seem to become outraged and offended at the idea.

The argument AGAINST (the movement not being racist) was that the movement is fighting for black lives being lost and a lack of national interest in black communities. Sad situations arose because African Americans were still being treated like second-class citizens.

Thoughts? I steered the fuck away from the argument, naturally.

I don't like the idea of quantifying which group is more oppressed than another. I think a more inclusive message would help their cause.

Astray
09-02-2015, 07:31 PM
I don't like the idea of quantifying which group is more oppressed than another. I think a more inclusive message would help their cause.

It would help immensely.

Latrinsorm
09-04-2015, 08:37 PM
It is an interesting theory, but ask yourself this: what did more for the gay rights movement, the Mattachenes or the Stonewall Riots? Would women have ever received the right to vote without Susan B Anthony going to prison for voting? We are happy for Dr. King and will let him finish, but how would the civil rights movement have gone without Malcolm X?

People have given up power because it was the right thing to do, but a heck of a lot more people have given up power because they were forced into a confrontation. Why do you think that people in power want you to think that radicals and their slogans should be polite and cordial and fair-minded? Do you criticize Benjamin Franklin for screaming "JOIN OR DIE"? Should he have said "JOIN OR you know do whatever, I can see points for both sides"?