PDA

View Full Version : HSN: ELR - Piercing Gaze (416) updated

Androidpk
08-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Hi everybody!

I've been sitting here for the past ten minutes trying to come up with something clever to write about this update, but so far nothing has come to me. It's like I -know- something is just sitting up in that brain of mine, locked away and possibly booby trapped from my conscious. Ever had that happen to you? It's like at some point of continually trying to unlock those ideas you just wish you could know if it was even worth the effort. I mean, what if you spend hours trying to get into that mind of yours and then you find out there was nothing in there in the first place?! (This is usually the case for me.)

Now if my brain was a lockbox, Piercing Gaze would let me do JUST that! How perfect! But what if I'd been trying to pop that box and Lady Luck had just never seen fit to toss the dice my way and give me a success? I wouldn't know if it was just bad luck or if I was just bad at popping boxes. Well, to this I say, "No more! We will no longer be bound by the old ways! The time for change is now!"

So, given all of that, Piercing Gaze has been updated with the possibility to provide the caster with some messaging indicating their relative chances of success at 407 or 408'ing a locked box! Here are some specific details that you may be curious about:

- The percentage chance of 416 showing you the messaging for the your 407/408 to succeed is (SKILL in Elemental Lore, Water / 10).
- The messaging for 408 to work will only be displayed if the caster has discovered the trap.

As always, questions, comments, praise, and criticisms are more than welcome.

~ Konacon

This message was originally posted in Magic Spells/Systems, Minor Elemental Circle. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/224/2484/view/1006

Fallen
08-25-2015, 02:46 PM
Someone correct my math if i'm wrong, but 40 ranks nets you 140 skill (14% activation chance) , 100 ranks gets you 200 skill (20% activation chance).

Looks like a good stopping point for Water is around 46 ranks at this point. 45 ranks lets you hit bonus 9 via the seed 1 summation chart when considering 407 and 408. 46 water lore ranks gets you bonus 4 on the seed 10 summation chart for 403/404. 14% chance of detection with 416.

21 ranks of Water lore isn't a bad option, either. 9% chance of detection with 416, bonus 6 on the seed 1 summation chart for 407/408, and bonus 2 on the seed 10 summation chart for 403/404.

crb
08-25-2015, 03:02 PM
your math is not wrong, this is weak, dividing skill by 10 for a diagnostic utility is pretty lame. Especially when water lore is just one of four lores and so no one is really expected to go full 200 on it.

gilchristr
08-25-2015, 04:31 PM
"Looks like a good stopping point for Water is around 46 ranks at this point. 45 ranks lets you hit bonus 9 via the seed 1 summation chart when considering 407 and 408. 46 water lore ranks gets you bonus 4 on the seed 10 summation chart for 403/404. 14% chance of detection with 416."

Looking forward to seeing an update on the analysis of a good stopping point after we find out about ewave and water lore. It sort of could be a factor in deciding where to stop, or for that matter training in water lore at all.

I hope there will be some information to quantify the effect - because right now from uphunting I have observed ewave has a "cliff effect" where it rarely works on monsters say X trains above you, and almost always works on monsters below that. Will water lore retain the "cliff effect" (and move it to a higher level), or smooth it out?

Taernath
09-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Hi everybody!

Just wanted to hop in and say that I've changed the Water Lore chances for this spell slightly in favor of making the chances more likely.

> - The percentage chance of 416 showing you the messaging for the your 407/408 to succeed is (SKILL in Elemental Lore, Water / 10).

This is now incorrect. The percentage chance for 416 to show the water lore messaging is now (SKILL/Current Bonus in Elemental Lore, Water / 4).

Stupid past Konacon. You're a dirty liar.

~ Konacon

^