PDA

View Full Version : Duo opinions?

Arkanax
08-23-2015, 06:04 AM
So I am looking to MA two characters and I am wondering what some opinions on what the best duo would be. I was thinking Bard + Paladin. Bard would be elf using sonic lances to bring the damage and paladin would be giantman sword/blunt+board and using 1608 and essentially being the tank. Seems like a good combo sharing group buffs between them. Or maybe a wizard and sorcerer combo would be more effective? What duos have you guys played or think would be most effective and being able to clear pretty much anything at any level together?

Androidpk
08-23-2015, 07:38 AM
Paladin and a bard are a great team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwuTo7zKM8

Buckwheet
08-23-2015, 07:46 AM
I would do bard and empath with both using heavy weapons. With the spells available in a group you can get really nice attacks. You would also share the spirit and elemental spells.

Arkanax
08-23-2015, 09:44 AM
I would do bard and empath with both using heavy weapons. With the spells available in a group you can get really nice attacks. You would also share the spirit and elemental spells.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on why this would be a good combo? Empaths are good at killing stuff? I thought they pretty much just sat in town and hoovered up peoples injuries.

Androidpk
08-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Are you kidding?

https://i.imgur.com/8FxEa.gif

Empaths are bone crushing killing machines.

audioserf
08-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Yeah, really. Take a peek at the Empath base and Spiritual spell lists. Empaths beast out. Combined with a Bard you have Elemental and Spiritual stuff covered. Bard sings group buffs, Empath can train lores to apply group buffs. Sweet combo.

Taernath
08-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Would you mind elaborating a bit on why this would be a good combo? Empaths are good at killing stuff? I thought they pretty much just sat in town and hoovered up peoples injuries.

Bard has access to minor elemental + bard group spells, empath has access to both spirit circles, plus bravery/heroism with proper training. They could potentially share mana through mental mana control, and the empath can heal damage with troll's blood.

Empaths have been beefy for a while now, they make good casters or swingers.

Buckwheet
08-23-2015, 11:06 AM

lol. Just use the search function for rogane the warpath. You get aoe heroism and bravery along with your bard songs which includes group haste. You can also be running troll's blood on your party to heal all minor injuries, heal in the field, sanct, share td and ds based spells, 117 for when it really matters and a whole host of other things.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?91114-Most-capable-profession-with-no-outside-help-from-1-all-the-way-to-cap

Fallen
08-23-2015, 12:07 PM
I like pure/square duos as you can offset each other's weaknesses. Warriors/Paladins make great meat shields for wizards, who can haste them (for now) and provide them with the spells to allow them to hunt from offensive with impunity. He can e-wave or call wind a whole room into position for a nice Mstrike follow up. Very synergistic.

That being said, I do like Bard/Paladin too. There is a lot of neat group-based spells that each can use to their own and each other's benefit.

Astray
08-23-2015, 12:20 PM
Best duo or just an interesting duo?

Oh, nvm. Uh... I would assume anything that deals with a Paladin? They are pretty great at deading shit.

Androidpk
08-23-2015, 12:28 PM
Why not 2 bad dudes, I mean monks.

http://img3.meristation.com/files/imagenes/general/bad-dudes.jpg

Astray
08-23-2015, 12:53 PM
I honestly don't know what duo a monk fits into and does well without their partner doing all the work.

Androidpk
08-23-2015, 12:55 PM
I honestly don't know what duo a monk fits into and does well without their partner doing all the work.

It would be cool if grouped monks shared tier ups.

Astray
08-23-2015, 01:06 PM
It would be cool if grouped monks shared tier ups.

Agreed.

Warriorbird
08-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Monk with 1030 Bard. Monk for 1235.

Astray
08-23-2015, 01:13 PM
Monk with 1030 Bard. Monk for 1235.

Monk draws crowd, Bard does all the work.

Warriorbird
08-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Monk draws crowd, Bard does all the work.

Oh totally. I wasn't disagreeing with your thesis. It'd just be useful.

Astray
08-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Oh totally. I wasn't disagreeing with your thesis. It'd just be useful.

Yeah. I'm actually kinda shocked Bards don't have a similar functioning spell. You would think that being able to make loud sounds would draw hostile critters.

Fallen
08-23-2015, 01:20 PM
A Song of War rather than peace. Makes sense to me. I don't think the four people who play monks would approve, though.

Astray
08-23-2015, 01:22 PM
A Song of War rather than peace. Makes sense to me. I don't think the four people who play monks would approve, though.

And we all know it only takes four people bitching to get something pulled or somebody fired.

Warriorbird
08-23-2015, 01:24 PM
I suspect they'd trade it for a more fun profession.

Fallen
08-23-2015, 01:24 PM
And we all know it only takes four people bitching to get something pulled or somebody fired.
http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Applejacked+_92b94a7633599da9a3c60863e7635e04.gif

Fallen
08-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Monks: The only wrong answer to this question.

Astray
08-23-2015, 01:35 PM
Know what the sad part about Monks is? All the negative feedback has likely put Savants on the shelf indefinitely. Which is really short sighted.

Alashir
08-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Know what the sad part about Monks is? All the negative feedback has likely put Savants on the shelf indefinitely. Which is really short sighted.

If they plan on making Savant combat as enjoyable as Monk combat that's probably a good thing.

Herachio
08-23-2015, 01:46 PM
I'm surprised no mention of wizard/cleric. That's been my favorite for over 15 years.

Astray
08-23-2015, 01:47 PM
I know they released the spell list. It looked (or at least sounded) promising.

Taernath
08-23-2015, 01:54 PM
I know they released the spell list. It looked (or at least sounded) promising.

It was a partial list though, only a few had more than just the name.

Astray
08-23-2015, 01:54 PM
It was a partial list though.

I thought it was a full one? I know it exists in the Savant forum.

Taernath
08-23-2015, 01:58 PM
I thought it was a full one? I know it exists in the Savant forum.

Edited my post. I meant partial list in the sense that only a few had a description. I remember Astral Spear was described and a handful of others. You can get some hints from their name or position on the list, but not much more than that has been released to my knowledge.

Astray
08-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Edited my post. I meant partial list in the sense that only a few had a description. I remember Astral Spear was described and a handful of others. You can get some hints from their name or position on the list

Yep.

gilchristr
08-23-2015, 02:23 PM
Two bards has worked pretty well. One went straight up bard songs, the other went minor elemental and more of a physical bent.

Malisai
08-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Im going to be perfectly honest.

Two of anything is fine (except monks). If you have two characters and you are struggling, you are doing something wrong.

I would encourage you to pick two professions that you would enjoy playing individually.

Arkanax
08-23-2015, 04:41 PM
Are you kidding?

https://i.imgur.com/8FxEa.gif

Nope not kidding, just clueless!

Bard has access to minor elemental + bard group spells, empath has access to both spirit circles, plus bravery/heroism with proper training. They could potentially share mana through mental mana control, and the empath can heal damage with troll's blood.

Empaths have been beefy for a while now, they make good casters or swingers.

I see, thanks for the detail!

lol. Just use the search function for rogane the warpath. You get aoe heroism and bravery along with your bard songs which includes group haste. You can also be running troll's blood on your party to heal all minor injuries, heal in the field, sanct, share td and ds based spells, 117 for when it really matters and a whole host of other things.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?91114-Most-capable-profession-with-no-outside-help-from-1-all-the-way-to-cap

Thank you!

Astray
08-23-2015, 04:46 PM

Didn't Empaths get a nerf in that area though?

Androidpk
08-23-2015, 05:16 PM
Didn't Empaths get a nerf in that area though?

I'm not sure. Maybe they took first aid training out of the equation? I forget.

subzero
08-23-2015, 06:54 PM

I think it's probably the 12 year development time, but hey, who knows?

Androidpk
08-23-2015, 07:03 PM
I love the idea of a bard and a monk. Haste on a rolling krynch monk is downright brutal.

Donquix
08-23-2015, 09:23 PM
empath + rogue - good in combat, and self sufficient for healing + picking
alternatively empath + bard w/ lockpick/disarm. You can afford to sacrifice combat skills since you're duoing, get an imba bard out of the deal and can also purify and loresing. Good enough to pick most like level boxes for a long, long time.

wizard + fucking anything (haste nerfs notwithstanding). I like wizard + ranger. full wizard, MnS, and ranger spells. Go open archer on the ranger for the hasted goodness, 518 and then eyeshots all around.

basically anything works, but mixing the spirit and elemental is always nice from a convenience factor and maximizing your viable hunting grounds (not that it's hard to get most all of what you need for those spells from anyone...)

Arkanax
08-27-2015, 06:38 PM
So if I went empath+bard, and I planned on subbing one of them, which makes the most sense to be the subbed account? I was thinking bard at first because of the group buffs, but I can buy a spell pass for that, it seems even if I get a pass for empath it still has pretty annoying limitations on healing. So would it make the most sense to make the empath the sub and use the simucoin store to unlock the group buffs for the bard?

Astray
08-27-2015, 06:40 PM
I think it's probably the 12 year development time, but hey, who knows?

"Development"

Arkanax
08-27-2015, 06:54 PM
So if I went empath+bard, and I planned on subbing one of them, which makes the most sense to be the subbed account? I was thinking bard at first because of the group buffs, but I can buy a spell pass for that, it seems even if I get a pass for empath it still has pretty annoying limitations on healing. So would it make the most sense to make the empath the sub and use the simucoin store to unlock the group buffs for the bard?

Feh I just realized that they don't sell month long spell passes only 15 mins. So I guess the bard would be the best one to make the subbed account and rely on a bunch of herbs to heal.