PDA

View Full Version : a gleaming white ora balta (voln weapon: 2x-7x, locate undead, white flame flares)

elcidcannon
08-15-2015, 05:11 PM
CB: 20m to time4fun, last call!

Handaxe base. Sanctified, cannot be blessed. Anyone can use the wave/tap functions. Order of Voln not required. It is ensorcell-able (currently not).

Enchant
Rotates from 2x-7x;

R>attack (5x swing)
You swing a gleaming white ora balta at a bone golem!
AS: +94 vs DS: +27 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +61 = +160
... and hit for 19 points of damage!
Weak slash to the bone golem's lower back!
Roundtime: 5 sec.

>attack (6x......with +15 from a 307 flare)
Pearly light flares up suddenly from within you, lending strength and focus to your attack!
AS: +114 vs DS: +57 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +31 = +120
... and hit for 5 points of damage!
Love tap upside the bone golem's head!

The intense blue light surrounding the balta glows brighter!

>attack (7x swing)
AS: +104 vs DS: +43 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +67 = +160
... and hit for 19 points of damage!
Blow raises a welt on the bone golem's left arm.
The skeletal structure of a bone golem shudders violently, before falling to the ground in a disorganized pile.

(then 2x, 3x, 4x.....etc)

Flare Examples
I'm not sure if I got really lucky, or it always leans towards the the right eye.....but I was 6/7 right eye strikes. Flares are always very strong!

AS: +89 vs DS: +11 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +88 = +198
... and hit for 41 points of damage!
Blow to chest causes the bone golem's heart to skip a beat.
With a burst of intense blue light, your balta spits a searing white flame at the bone golem!
... 25 points of damage!
Burst of flames to right eye incinerates eyelid. Gruesome.
The skeletal structure of a bone golem shudders violently, before falling to the ground in a disorganized pile.

AS: +94 vs DS: +40 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +49 = +135
... and hit for 12 points of damage!
Blow raises a welt on the bone golem's left arm.
With a burst of intense blue light, your balta spits a searing white flame at the bone golem!
... 40 points of damage!
Right eye propelled out of socket by fiery explosion!

AS: +94 vs DS: +61 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +81 = +146
... and hit for 17 points of damage!
Stomach shot lands with a hollow *thump*.
... 35 points of damage!
Flames toast right cornea. Consider an eyepatch.

You swing a gleaming white ora balta at a death dirge!
AS: +84 vs DS: +11 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +54 = +156
... and hit for 20 points of damage!
Slashing strike near forehead nicks an eyebrow!
That must sting!
With a burst of intense blue light, your balta spits a searing white flame at the death dirge!
... 65 points of damage!
Left hand burned off. Only a stump remains.
The death dirge screams with delight while clutching at its mangled left hand.
The death dirge falls to the ground motionless.

Locate Undead
Has about a 90-120 second cooldown; Non-cleric/pally can use this ability.

>wave balta
You wave your white ora balta above your head in a slow arcing circle. Slowly a pure blue light emanates from the balta, reaching outwards from you in an ever increasing circle.

You feel the pure blue light reaching out to the surrounding area, searching...
You sense 12 undead creatures in the area.
A discordant chord rings out from the balta!

>wave axe
You wave your white ora moon axe above your head in a slow arcing circle. Slowly a pure blue light emanates from the axe, reaching outwards from you in an ever increasing circle.

You feel the pure blue light reaching out to the surrounding area, searching...
You do not sense any undead nearby.
A long quiet peaceful note resonates from the axe.

>tap balta
You tap the balta and it starts to hum softly...

Suddenly the balta begins to spew out a cloud of pale blue smoke! The world around you suddenly looks different. Solid things around you suddenly look misty and insubstantial.
Something catches your eye and you look closer.

[Plains of Bone, Outer Circle]
The walls turn the path sharply to the southeast. The bones of small varmints crunch underfoot with each step. Nearby, a section of the outer wall has collapsed. The rubble prevents any passage through the portal, however. You also see a death dirge, a crystal core and a breach in the inner wall.
Obvious paths: southeast, west

Fluffiness

>get balta (with undead in room)
You remove a gleaming white ora balta from inside your elven-crafted robe. It lets out a low rumbling note that quickly rises in pitch to an ear piercing shriek. The balta turns sharply and points directly at the bone golem!
You hear a stern voice resound in your mind, "Release it!"

>look balta (also show)
Etched with ancient runes, this balta looks as old as time itself, yet glows in an inner blue light.

Suddenly, the rest of the world seems to wash away. You find yourself kneeling in a bare room before an imposing figure that appears battle-ready in worn black chainmail topped by a white surcoat with a pure white shield slung over his shoulder. As quickly as the vision comes, it recedes, and you are left wondering if you ever saw it at all.

Occasional Fluffs:
You swing a gleaming white ora balta at a death dirge!
AS: +104 vs DS: +11 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +13 = +135
... and hit for 14 points of damage!
Weak slash to the death dirge's lower back!

The intense blue light surrounding the balta glows brighter!

You swing a gleaming white ora balta at a ghoul master!
AS: +104 vs DS: +48 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +97 = +190
... and hit for 29 points of damage!
Torn muscle in the ghoul master's left leg!

A searing white flame flares around the edges of the balta!

Loresong

The first thing that strikes you about the balta is the weight, which is about 6 pounds. You also feel that it is invaluable.

You sense the aura of magic about the balta. It obviously has more than one use, and it is a weapon of great power.

The balta responds softly in long, peaceful descending tones. You learn that tapping or waving the balta can activate the magic woven within.

The balta's tones become stronger and the world dissolves away. As your sight clears, you appear to be kneeling before an altar. Before you stands an imposing grim-faced man dressed in battle-worn black chainmail topped with a white surcoat. Slung over his shoulder is a shield of the purest white metal you have ever seen. The man turns to you and nods slowly as he reaches for something atop the altar. He pulls the balta from the top of the altar and balances it carefully in his hands. He gestures and utters an ancient phrase and the balta begins to glow with an inner blue light. Drained from his effort he pauses a moment, then he turns and hands the balta to you. As your hands reach out for the balta the vision fades and slowly the world as you know it returns to solidity around you.

WRoss
08-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Do you know if this can be ensorcelled?

darkcipher
08-15-2015, 06:16 PM
I'll go mb on this, thanks

time4fun
08-15-2015, 06:52 PM

elcidcannon
08-15-2015, 06:53 PM
@WRoss, I don't know....meant to check before posting but I forgot.

I'll let you know in a moment.

WRoss
08-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Also, are you sure that the +15 AS you are getting there is not from 307?

Training in Spiritual Lore, Blessings (https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Spiritual_Lore,_Blessings), provides for a chance for the group to receive a +15 AS bonus on a given attack. The chance of success is 1% at 6 lore ranks, and has a maximum of 15% at 195 lore ranks.The messaging for this lore benefit is as follows, seen prior to making an attack:

Pearly light flares up suddenly from within you, lending strength and focus to your attack!

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/307

darkcipher
08-15-2015, 07:34 PM
15 million, thanks

elcidcannon
08-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Awwww shit. I might be a dumbass.

This is probably my first time...ever...swinging a weapon with Exit, so I've never seen that messaging before. Thanks for the catch.

Obviously, I'll accept any bid withdraws.

elcidcannon
08-15-2015, 07:45 PM
But, in other news, it's ensorcell-able (and didn't seem that difficult to do).

darkcipher
08-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Nope, my bid stands... kind of has some sentimental value to me. I had a friend years ago who had the hammer version of the Voln weapons. He leant it to my cleric for awhile before he had to sell it. Makes me think of him and I like that these are still around.

time4fun
08-15-2015, 07:49 PM

darkcipher
08-15-2015, 07:53 PM
bah, 18 million... my sentimentality will last longer than my silvers, I thought you went gaga for blunts, Vishra.

elcidcannon
08-16-2015, 10:07 AM
once!

elcidcannon
08-17-2015, 09:31 AM
twice!

time4fun
08-17-2015, 11:42 PM
Sigh. Don't hate me Dark.
20m.

elcidcannon
08-18-2015, 07:22 AM
once

darkcipher
08-18-2015, 07:37 AM
Not at all, Vishra, this is a sweet weapon, good base, very old and rare item. Seller deserves to get as much as he can. As I said, it was more for sentimentality, seeing as I had a good friend who once let me borrow the voln hammer on my cleric. Searching through the posts, seems like 20 is what others have sold for in the past, so I'm not completely surprised at the price. Little rich for me, though, so I'll bow out at this point.

time4fun
08-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Not at all, Vishra, this is a sweet weapon, good base, very old and rare item. Seller deserves to get as much as he can. As I said, it was more for sentimentality, seeing as I had a good friend who once let me borrow the voln hammer on my cleric. Searching through the posts, seems like 20 is what others have sold for in the past, so I'm not completely surprised at the price. Little rich for me, though, so I'll bow out at this point.

If you find that hammer, I will trade you in a heart beat.

In. A. Heart. Beat.

darkcipher
08-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Lol, I wish, actually, my friend who bought it at a "God Auction", a wizard named Maurim (Icemule native with a penchant for Penguin alters) leant it to me to use. I found out there was a bug where it wasn't cycling correctly, did an assist and got to work with a GM to test and fix it. Had a chance to peek at a "scroll" on his workbench that had the code for the icy wind effect in Icemule on it, still kicking myself for not keeping logs from back then. Maurim eventually asked for it back because he needed to sell it (or trade it for something, I forget). Alas, haven't seen the hammer or Maurim in a LONG time. Good memories of the times back then... okay, I'm waxing too nostalgic... back to work.

If you find that hammer, I will trade you in a heart beat.

In. A. Heart. Beat.

time4fun
08-18-2015, 02:38 PM
Lol, I wish, actually, my friend who bought it at a "God Auction", a wizard named Maurim (Icemule native with a penchant for Penguin alters) leant it to me to use. I found out there was a bug where it wasn't cycling correctly, did an assist and got to work with a GM to test and fix it. Had a chance to peek at a "scroll" on his workbench that had the code for the icy wind effect in Icemule on it, still kicking myself for not keeping logs from back then. Maurim eventually asked for it back because he needed to sell it (or trade it for something, I forget). Alas, haven't seen the hammer or Maurim in a LONG time. Good memories of the times back then... okay, I'm waxing too nostalgic... back to work.

Well if you ever want to borrow this thing from me for a bit, please don't hesitate to reach out. (Assuming I actually win)

darkcipher
08-18-2015, 05:20 PM
Well if you ever want to borrow this thing from me for a bit, please don't hesitate to reach out. (Assuming I actually win)

Thanks, I appreciate the offer, I'm a little more hesitant about borrowing things these days, considering how easy it is to lose items with disarm/curses, etc. I'm glad I never had an issue and was able to return the hammer to my friend. I was also young and didn't worry about those sorts of things, or maybe things were less likely to steal from you back then (GS III days), I don't know.

elcidcannon
08-19-2015, 07:22 AM
twice!

elcidcannon
08-20-2015, 01:38 PM
last call, sold this evening without further interest