PDA

View Full Version : The law of the Sod

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 03:03 PM
OK, I credit myself on being quite smart. Not Klaive super IQ'd up, but smart enough to realise he is a lying bastard. Anyway I digress. Currently, if I sold all my gear I could probably raise about 50 million coins. Now I see Warclaidhm selling the giantman claidh for 40.

How the fuck does he do it?

Bobmuhthol
09-06-2003, 03:04 PM
eBay.

[Edited on 9-6-2003 by Gemstone101]

Scott
09-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Vorthias (Warclod's old character) ripped people off, so did Warclaidhm so that's sort of how he got started with coin. Once you start getting a lot of coin, it's when you can really start making it. I've bought 10x shields for 15m and sold them for 25m. Making 10m on items brings up your cash quickly. Not to mention if you know where to hunt you can pull in a few mil a day, but I'm sure he doesn't do that. The more you have, the more you can make on items.

DCSL
09-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
Vorthias (Warclod's old character) ripped people off, so did Warclaidhm so that's sort of how he got started with coin. Once you start getting a lot of coin, it's when you can really start making it. I've bought 10x shields for 15m and sold them for 25m. Making 10m on items brings up your cash quickly. Not to mention if you know where to hunt you can pull in a few mil a day, but I'm sure he doesn't do that. The more you have, the more you can make on items.

I totally remarked on the similarity between Warclaidhm and Vorthias a few months ago but everyone told me they were different people and that I shouldn't go spreading rumors like that. Those fudge-packers! I KNEW IT.

Tsa`ah
09-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Bob knocks spelling and sentence structure because that's the only thing he has limited room to knock.

To keep with the subject.

Sintik is absolutely correct. Warclaidhm started out ripping people off. He probably still does.

That is how he attained his coinage. It's a pretty safe assumption that he gained little to no silver through the standard means and had to go out of game to do it.

I'm not a big fan of E-bay at all, but smart merchanting will get you there quick. Other than that you can do it by smart hunting. I don't pull a mil a day hunting, probably because I only give the game a few hours a week. Were I to spend all of my idle time in game hunting, I could easily make 5 mill over the course of 6 hours. It makes the game extremely boring though.

HarmNone
09-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Heh. It is hard to believe that Vorthais still roams Elanthia in any form. That poor sod (just to stay on topic, mind you!) could not find his backside with both hands. It is amazing to me that he is able to amass so much coin!

HarmNone

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 03:19 PM
Yeah coin hunting is easy for the older characters, not lil ole me. And while I do play a bastard, I am not a bastard and prefer not to rip people off. Ah well.

Adhara
09-06-2003, 03:28 PM
5 mil in 6 hours of hunting?? Sheesh! Do tell where!

Apollyon
09-06-2003, 03:33 PM
you hear the subdued thoughts of Izbin "SELLING a dumb-looking giantman figurine, SHOW: This giantman is wearing severely spiked battle armor, covered by a pink bunny costume. His crosseyed face, topped off with his dumbfounded grin lend a hint to the giant's intelligence. One arm is raised in what at first looks like victory, but then you realize he is just scratching his head. In his other hand he wields a broken claidhmore. A rainbow with brilliant colors is painted across his face. In broken child like script the word "Warclaidhm" is etched at the base of the figure."

Pallon
09-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Warclaidhm is Vorthais? Damn, I even hunted with him a couple times. I must admit he was a pretty good meat shield against warfarers with claids

Tsa`ah
09-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Adhara
5 mil in 6 hours of hunting?? Sheesh! Do tell where!

It's not really where, it's how.

Like I said, I don't spend more than a few hours a week in game.

Usually before I hunt, I'll make my rounds through the rift, Old Ta and the like. If I notice very light traffic, I'll stick around and hunt for a few minutes. Then scram to check box contents. If I'm pulling good gems and heavy boxes I'll stick around, if not, I move on.

I understand that the younger the character, the harder this tactic becomes. My wizard and bard are both pretty young, but it's not uncommon for me to take them from one end of the map to the other using that tactic. The wizard and bard can make 100k easily in a few hours. The ranger and rogue, time provided, could pull 5 mil if I were to plant my ass in front of the PC for hours.

peam
09-06-2003, 04:10 PM
What puzzles me about Warclaidhm is his constant pursual of ICE items. It's as if he thinks having old items will make him credible.

I, personally, think mentioning anything to do with "ICE" should be an offense punishable by warning for being OOG.

Tsa`ah
09-06-2003, 04:14 PM
I, personally, think mentioning anything to do with "ICE" should be an offense punishable by warning for being OOG.

I don't think the option of the conversion chambers should have been offered. I think every item should have been converted game wide when the split was made.

Artha
09-06-2003, 04:19 PM
I think they should actively go through converting things.

Betheny
09-06-2003, 05:26 PM
I don't get it.

Tsa`ah
09-06-2003, 05:33 PM
The reference to the Ice Age of Gemstone refers to when GS used I.C.E. calculations and definitions (everything from Gods, creatures, and materials).

I.C.E (rollmasters) pulled out and Simu was forced to convert to their own systems. Thus all references to I.C.E. were to be removed from game.

Items (at the time) were the tricky part, so Simu set up conversion chambers between the north gate and Hearthstone. Players were to take their items and place them into a chamber, thus converting the properties.

Since this was a voluntary action, many I.C.E. items remain in the game today and often fetch a premium price. Thus my belief that there should be a server wide conversion.

peam
09-06-2003, 06:29 PM
I concur.

Betheny
09-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah you need to title these threads FOR SMART PEOPLE ONLY so my ass doesn't come in here and read and feel like I should kill myself for being so retarded.

Trinitis
09-06-2003, 07:44 PM
I, for now on, will include the "FOR SMART PEOPLE ONLY" in any thread I start that involves GS "slang".

-Adredrin :D