PDA

View Full Version : Conflicts

Dhuul
10-24-2004, 05:44 AM
A lot of people have been hating on the Dhuul lately in Icemule. With just reason of course, he killed an empath and a wizard much beloved by the northerners. So I find their dislike hatred of me quite easy to understand.

Nevertheless, their tactics are...ridiculous. Several attempts on my life have been undertaken...All by people who I had never seen, spoken to or otherwise dealed with.

This seems incredibly OOC to say the least. There were no words spoken or any attempt at roleplay, just an ambush or a cast spell.

So I say, bring it, if your character actually talks to me first. Otherwise you can't roleplay for shit. Thanks.

Drew
10-24-2004, 05:59 AM
This is the sort of roleplaying you are talking about?

>Dhuul suddenly fades into view.
Dhuul channels at you.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses you.
CS: +233 - TD: +156 + CvA: +2 + d100: +94 == +173
Warding failed!
The violet haze chaotically swirls around you, the tremendous force causing your skin to crumple inward upon itself!
You are hit for 91 points of damage!
... 30 points of damage!
Muscle blasted away from your arm exposing scorched bone!
You are stunned for 5 rounds!
>A pure white sparrowhawk flies east.

>Dhuul chants a reverent litany and clasps his hands while tightly focusing his thoughts...

>Dhuul channels at you.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses you.
CS: +233 - TD: +156 + CvA: +2 + d100: +90 == +169
Warding failed!
A glint shimmers in Dhuul's eyes.
The violet haze chaotically swirls around you, the tremendous force causing your skin to crumple inward upon itself!
You are hit for 396 points of damage!
You feel the inner strength leave you.
You feel the aura of confidence leave you.
The buzz of thoughts in your mind subsides.
You return to normal color.
You no longer feel so dextrous.
You are no longer moving silently.
The air about you stops shimmering.
The light blue glow leaves you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The powerful look leaves you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is

in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 14 mins...

> * Chivalrous just bit the dust!
>Dhuul chuckles.
>'Hardly suprising
You say, "Hardly suprising."

>Dhuul raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...
>Dhuul gestures at you.
You feel a tingle on your soul, as if a powerful hand is gently cradling it.
(Thy soul is bound to thy body for an extra 22 minutes and 30 seconds.)

>depart confirmYour soul has been magically bound to your corpse. You cannot yet leave.
>Dhuul reaches down and tenderly cradles your lifeless hand in his.
>Dhuul traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
>Dhuul gestures.
Nothing happens.
>A pure white sparrowhawk glides into view.
>Dhuul gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
>Dhuul gestures.
Your surroundings blur for a moment . . .

[Ice Garden, Altar]
Benches of carved ice with seats of wood surround the central altar, bowered with beardtongue shrubs. The glitter of the fallen snow

reflects light in a myriad of rainbows, creating a hypnotic effect ideal for settling into a meditative state. Carved into the base of

the glacier is a dark crevice leading into the mountain of ice.
Also here: Dhuul
Obvious paths: south
>Dhuul looks feeble and sickly.

>group closeYour group status is now closed.
>Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.

Dhuul rubs a clear glass amulet.
Dhuul suddenly disappears

----------------------

Bravo!

Dhuul
10-24-2004, 06:02 AM
you had killed me earlier, dumbass?

Tsa`ah
10-24-2004, 06:05 AM
I do believe he was merely pointing out that while you bitch about the role-play, or lack there of, you yourself are part of your very complaint.

It looks to me like you're complaining about a situation you created and don't particularly like the outcome.

Suck it up I say.

Dhuul
10-24-2004, 06:09 AM
I have no problem, I just want people to talk to me before they attack? Like one line or something?

Drew
10-24-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Dhuul
you had killed me earlier, dumbass?
I hadn't forgotten, the amusing thing to me was that you wrote this rant about people not roleplaying their conflicts and ambushing you when not ten minutes before you did that.

You make my idiot-meter go all the way to 11. I don't understand how after you strip Dhuul down to his proverbial skivvies, come up to Icemule for the express purpose of killing some empath (they seem to be your favorite target) twenty or thirty trains below you, then flee back to the landing you can expect to have an exciting roleplayed conflict. Especially when you do this three or four times a day for several days in a row.

Solescape wasn't even that bad, I think he came to Icemule just because he was bored, it wasn't until he was there that someone angered him and he went off the deep end. You come up only to kill a completely random person and it's premiditated.

And yes, I've killed you twice now as Chiv, it's fair to say that any fool who abuses his power in a manner similar to yours is likely to get on Chiv's bad side. And he'll continue to "fight other peoples battles" as you love screaming at me whenever someone picks on someone who's helpless.

Drew
10-24-2004, 06:13 AM
I have no problem, I just want people to talk to me before they attack? Like one line or something?

Honestly, this makes my head hurt. He didn't say a single word before he blasted Chiv.

Dhuul
10-24-2004, 06:18 AM
I meant the first time they attack, you know, start the conflict?

I'm not going to bother to speak to you before blasting you if you've already killed me. You're an idiot.

edit: Especially after just attacking Solmarar, nice edit.

[Edited on 10-24-2004 by Dhuul]

Meos
10-24-2004, 06:26 AM
I don't know the story of this conflict but... The way I see it, if you come to icemule and salughter an empath multiple times... one who has friends. His or her friends are gonna get fed up after the second or third death. Thats when you get pwndizzled. I wouldn't say anything first either, because I'd think you'd run like a bitch.

Just my take on the situation.

Dhuul
10-24-2004, 06:34 AM
man though my lifekeep lasts long

but that 2nd cast was just pure pwnage :)

Miss X
10-24-2004, 07:24 AM
<3 Dhuul.

I have to say, that there is this weird thing in Icemule, it's like every time someone is killed the rest of the town goes mental and takes it upon themselves to get involved. It's annoying, but you just need to know who to avoid. I've been tempted to kill one of the annoying empaths just to see if others try to attack me back, would be kinda funny. ;)

Lyonis
10-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Chica is very scurry even though Lyonis beat her up once. ::whistle:: Also I'm refusing any and all future rematches to preserve my 1-0 record and the dignity that comes with not being served by a halfling.

Eiderfleur
10-24-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Lyonis
Chica is very scurry even though Lyonis beat her up once. ::whistle:: Also I'm refusing any and all future rematches to preserve my 1-0 record and the dignity that comes with not being served by a halfling.

I'll duel you Lyonis :P

Unfortunately it's not in Eiderfleur's nature to duel, or cause trouble. Bah I say! It gets hard being nice after a while.
:!:
Maybe I could RP Eider as having lost her mind, then I could justify her attacking random people. heh

Miss X
10-24-2004, 08:50 AM

Mmmhmm, I think Lyonis needs a little bone shattering now that I can totally destroy him! ;)

Lyonis
10-24-2004, 08:51 AM
... and the dignity that comes with not being served by a halfling.
=Priceless

Lyonis
10-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Miss X

Mmmhmm, I think Lyonis needs a little bone shattering now that I can totally destroy him! ;)

But I'm scurred!!!

Miss X
10-24-2004, 08:54 AM
I think Eider and Chica should get together and give Lyonis a double serving of halfling pwnage.

Lyonis
10-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Eider won't, she's convinced my panther eats halflings. Have no clue where she got that idea from.

Parkbandit
10-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Who was the empath Dhuul? Sithral dislikes empaths and hates elves.. maybe an elven empath??

I can only hope. Icemule is dreadfully boring lately.

Drew
10-24-2004, 04:52 PM
I meant the first time they attack, you know, start the conflict?

I'm not going to bother to speak to you before blasting you if you've already killed me. You're an idiot.

Your duplicity is nothing short of amazing. First you make a thread about people talking before they fight you. Then I post a log of you doing the exact opposite of that. At this point you say that they should do it at the beginning of the conflict. This irks me even more. Every time I tried to talk to you, you would immediatly transfer away. I didn't want to bother searching through my logs but you've convinced me to:

>You say, "I'm still here."

>Dhuul says, "Amazing you kill one person and ten come out of the woodwork."
>tone wry
Your tone is now wry.
>'Funny how that works
You wryly say, "Funny how that works."

>Chayy deeply says, "Well this is Icemule."

>tone though
Your tone is now thoughtful.

>Dhuul searches around for a moment.

>'Maybe you shouldn't kill one person
You thoughtfully say, "Maybe you shouldn't kill one person."

>Dhuul gestures into the air.
A silvery fog coalesces around Dhuul, obscuring his form. When the fog dissipates, Dhuul is gone.

>'Cheater
You say, "Cheater."

------------------

>Qistra glances at Dhuul.
>Dhuul gestures.
The area becomes brighter.

>Omah traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
>Dhuul smiles at Omah.
>Omah gestures.
The area becomes darker.

>From behind Dhuul, Herberto's voice darkly exclaims, "I'm a stupid fool!" He killed Herberto for this, the next day

>Dhuul says, "Oh you're older."
>Dhuul mutters under his breath.

>Dhuul says, "Fools'll never get me."

>Dhuul gestures into the air.
A silvery fog coalesces around Dhuul, obscuring his form. When the fog dissipates, Dhuul is gone.

>A grumpy bog spirit hurriedly flits out of sight.

>Astari laughs!
>Jennaen mutters something about cowards. He killed Jennaen for saying this, twice, I know he wasn't in the room but his other character was, so his player heard it

---------------------

So now that it's been shown you do both of the things you whined about in the first post, what are you going to complain about now?

Dhuul
10-24-2004, 05:01 PM
What? I didn't touch you before you did, and afterwards I did talk to you. You just randomly decided to start a conflict you weren't at all involved in and ambushed me. Face it, you can't roleplay?

Drew
10-24-2004, 05:07 PM
What? I didn't touch you before you did, and afterwards I did talk to you. You just randomly decided to start a conflict you weren't at all involved in and ambushed me. Face it, you can't roleplay?
If your definition of "not involved" is "you didn't cast at me for no reason, you cast at someone else in the room", well, I wasn't involved. However, if I'm playing Chiv and I see anything like that happen to someone I know, I will be getting involved. I've posted many times before my interpretation of "Policy 4" and I've never gotten in trouble for being in any conflict, because I keep it reasonable, and I play out my character. I don't want to fight anyone really, but I will do so.

I know some people on here will scream "NOT YOUR CONFLICT" but, I've found, that the people screaming that are usually the people who are abusing those younger than them for little or no reason and don't want any repercussion from there own foolishness. If you saw your friend getting picked on by a bully, you would intervene in real life, and within the constraints of policy and the ethos of my character, I will continue to do so in-game.

[Edited on 10-24-2004 by Drew]

Axhinde
10-24-2004, 05:30 PM
I would think the desired outcome of trying to kill would be, in actuality, to succeed in the attempt. Why should someone give you fair warning to run away, or in your case, slam?

Trinitis
10-24-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm sorry, Dhuul..but Adredrin calls Icemule his home as well (even if he is not there often these days) and I would most tottally step in if you walked into the room and killed someone I knew in front of me. There would be no warning, I'd blow your ass up right then and there.

And you know what? Thats IN ADREDRINS RP. He is a very big grump. He is also extremely protective over the friends he does have, because lets face it, he don't have many.

CalaDheNar
10-24-2004, 06:03 PM
During an invasion I was picking up boxes, and Dhuul felt that was sufficient enough to kill me for, without any notice or "hey those are my boxes", to which I would have given them back. A few days later he was complaining about not having enough silvers to get to Teras, to which I told him I would loan him 50k, on the way to solhaven to get the silvers he killed me thinking it would be funny, I suppose. I, of course, at this point was pissed nad killed him in the small park. After that he killed me, about 9 times, Theres a whole thread about this. I'm probably 15 trains under him. After I died 4 times by him (2 after I killed him) I left it alone and everytime I went out to hunt, he would RUN into the room with a prepped spell and kill me while resting. This continued on until I finally warned and reported him, then he killed me AGAIN. Finally a GM stepped in and told him to back off.

He came to solhaven in his little robe and cheap shield, now he has a 7 million silver fine in solhaven.

He definately likes to pick on those younger, and when is really challenged, and knows his ass will get handed to him, he's quick to run, hide, and report.

My other character DID get invovled also, to drag my dead corpse back to town. He killed that character twice, claiming since that character HELPED his enemy (not aggresively, or even by protecting, but by DRAGGING the dead corpse) that was justification to massacre anyone else. Finally he attacked an older person for helping me, and I guess he didnt know that he was older, and got slapped down like a beyatch.

Dhuul
10-24-2004, 06:36 PM
[Mushy Tart Table]
This round table has seen better days, as it's sagging deeply in the center. You make out what seem to be very faint tooth marks on one side of the table where something has obviously tried to take a bite. You also see the Asvoria disk.
Also here: Grawpie, Dravidus who is sitting, Rosemarie who is sitting, Great Lord Trevalen who is sitting, Grunthur who is sitting, Azazol, Nitts who is sitting, Asvoria who is sitting, GameHost Estild, Senior GameHost Indri, Lady Jennaen who is sitting
Obvious exits: out

I've killed Grawpie, Dravidus, Jennaen and Asvoria. They are truly pathetic, group whining session.

Trinitis
10-24-2004, 06:41 PM
looks like they are getting rid of you, to me.

Eiderfleur
10-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Eider won't, she's convinced my panther eats halflings. Have no clue where she got that idea from.

Yes, well, we never said Eider was the sharpest knife in the drawer. I mean seriously! Everytime Snowdrop roars at the dais Eider thinks there is a lion there about to attack her and gobble her up! :lol:

I think Eider has only ever killed one person on purpose, and I think that was Jastio, if i recall correctly.

Enchanter
10-24-2004, 07:30 PM
Christ, you fucktards like to argue. This thread feels like the third grade again.

Nieninque
10-25-2004, 06:25 AM
Well he started it...
:points at Dhuul:

:D

10-25-2004, 07:04 AM
Dhuul,

You're an okay guy. I really don't mind you, but do us all a favor and don't complain about people doing OOC things during conflict. Don't complain about people copping out and going to the GMs, and definatly don't complain that people can't cut CvC combat. That is, not until you quit slamming.

- Arkans

Betheny
10-25-2004, 07:06 AM
HAHAHA SLAMMER!!!!! :fu: