PDA

View Full Version : Feature alters

Itachi
05-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Hey everyone. I was curious about how feature alters work.... I also need information on how to obtain one and if what I want is even possible. I would like to get the full body bandages this fellow shown below has. Oh ya one more thing, input and ideas for a nice description of them would be appreciated since I lack creativity.... Thanks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/Sasuke916/Shishio.bmp

Czeska
05-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Feature alters are usually done by merchants at events. You can also get one done if you have a Cathedral wedding.

Bandages like that would have to go into the non-specific last line, and it would depend on whether or not you could convince the GM to do it.

War Angel
05-27-2005, 09:18 AM
I am guessing the bandages wouldn't fall under a feature alteration, because they aren't a body part. I could be wrong though. Different merchants offer feature alterations, and have different guidelines for what's permissible.
Maybe buy a pinworn shirt, and look for a merchant willing to alter them into the full body bandages?
Best of luck!

Parker
05-27-2005, 09:20 AM
I recently saw a face-concealing gauze wrap...is that a merchant item? Couldn't you just alter it how you liked?

Tsunami
05-27-2005, 09:43 AM
This was posted by a GM on the GS boards:

The following are is the format for all feature alterations that can be manipulated, (using a male character). Everything in () is changeable.:

He appears to be an adult and (height). He has (eye characteristic) (eye color) eyes and (complexion color) skin. He has (hair length), (hair texture) (hair color) hair (hair quirk). He has a (face structure) face, a (nose structure) nose and (distinguishing mark). (Free line for defining characteristic).

Hope that helps :)

Shalla
05-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Maybe I'm just not creative, or very good with wording the description of a picture, but I'm having a hard time describing that picture without making it look like a raggedy bum.

AnticorRifling
05-27-2005, 09:54 AM
This is GemStone not Thundercats leave Mummrah out of this.

Shalla
05-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Lmao, loved that childhood show. Is it wrong that I think I still remember the lyrics to their theme song? :lolwave:

Itachi
05-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Thunder Thunder Thundercats are loose!
Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOO!

ElanthianSiren
05-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla
Lmao, loved that childhood show. Is it wrong that I think I still remember the lyrics to their theme song? :lolwave:

:heart:

One word: Cheetarah

I think you could get the bandages as your custom line. You could just get something like:

he has moldering wraps of gauzy bandage clinging loosely to his (adjective) frame.

I know someone who got henna done.

-Melissa

Itachi
05-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Awesome, thanks everyone for the info.

Edited for: Does anyone know if any of these style merchants are coming around anytime soon?

[Edited on 5-27-2005 by Itachi]

HouseofElves
05-27-2005, 09:05 PM
I really really really doubt you could get ANY GM to give you bandages as a feature alter. Unless they were like extremely coked out. Maybe I can offer an alternative...

He appears to be mature and tall. He has brooding, heavy-set ebony eyes and scar-marked olive skin. He has short, raven black hair that sticks up in a triple-crown. He has a broad-edged nose and pale chapped lips.
He is wearing a natural linen facial bandage, a double-row of linen bandages with trailing ends, a tattered-edged violet satin palla with a single torn sleeve, a shirt woven entirely of natural linen bandages, some gilt-edged steel armor, some flared black rolaren gauntlets, a pair of black linen trousers, some black leather boots trimmed with rolaren plating.

StrayRogue
05-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Agreed. Unless its a hair band, you won't be able to get any external item placed in your features. I've tried with pretty much everyone and always been shot down.

Drinin
05-27-2005, 09:55 PM
I had a hard enough time convincing a GM to break my fingernails; full body bandages . . . I don't think you'll be able to find someone to do that.

A faint scar runs from his left temple to the base of his jaw and he has blackened and cracked fingernails on his right hand.

4a6c1
05-27-2005, 10:37 PM
I really really wanted some snake scars going down Jihnas arms. I even wrote it into her storyline. I wonder why they wont let you have them. :?:

Anyone know?

Itachi
05-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Ok so it seems this wouldnt be so much of a feature alter as it would be like altering clothes or something into what would be acceptable for what I want.

HouseofElves
05-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Because of the mechanical implications. Large scars sometimes hinder your ability to do things within the game.

But I would keep trying Jihna, you might find someone who will do it.

05-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Descriptor != scars/injuries.

I have seen two or three people with scars for feature alters, I think one was going over their left or right eye .. or something to that effect.

My feature alters:

He has dilated purple eyes and sickly yellow skin.
He has spiky, raven-black hair speckled with tiny white flakes of dandruff.
He has a lopsided and slightly deformed face, a flattened nose and a missing tooth.
He has a large wad of tobacco stuffed in his lower lip.

They wouldn't let me get nails evenly imbedded into my third-degree-burned bald head :(

HouseofElves
05-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Ask some of the GMs and they will tell you differently.

05-28-2005, 12:27 AM
Fine I will.

fallenSaint
05-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Well Itachi I was lookin into doin some Shisshio bandages for my Empath til I read this so I guess I could give you the plan I had setup...

Alter the current clothing articles into bandages of any various fashion you want should work out:

headband, one of the feature concealing masks, pin worn vest, maybe some pinworn gloves for the arms, leggings of some form for legs, and some pin worn socks for the feet ... if done properly should cover ye mostly up with bandages.

And as far as when the feature alterer's will be around, were a few on the wavedancer and you generally see them at the pay events and every now and then in the premium loca's ... hope that helps.

StrayRogue
05-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Scars are a possibility, but nothing over the top or too extreme. I didn't have too much trouble getting the following:

The tip of his right ear is missing, while a slender scar arcs across the angular plane of his left cheek.

Asha
05-28-2005, 09:31 AM
He appears to be a Dhe'nar Dark Elf.
He appears to have come of age and taller than average. He has stunning, sparkling violet-flecked black eyes and flawless, lily-hued skin. He has very long, flowing shadow black hair gathered into a sleek ponytail at the nape of his neck and secured with a simple leather hair-tie. He has a delicate face, a small nose and long, gracefully curved ears.
He has a ring of tiny black stars encircling his neck.

:heart: my charactoor

05-28-2005, 09:54 AM
lily-hued is contradictory

The Cat In The Hat
05-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Agreed. Unless its a hair band, you won't be able to get any external item placed in your features. I've tried with pretty much everyone and always been shot down.

I've seen everything from gems to vines in peoples hair, and my little empath has dried clumps of mud in hers.

She appears to be very young and average height. She has twitching milky blue eyes and alabaster skin. She has long, tangled unwashed white hair matted together with dried clumps of mud. She has a gaunt face, a red nose and sunken cheeks.

[Edited on 5-28-2005 by The Cat In The Hat]

Asha
05-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Lilys can be slightly accented with colour.
Besides , nothing natural is totally, pure white.

So they can have a hue. And things can be described as lily-hued.

And I have a hangover.