PDA

View Full Version : Cman training

Taernath
07-28-2015, 12:14 AM
What CMANs should monks be focusing on? I'm UAC but general ideas would be helpful too.

I've seen recommendations for Punch Mastery and Krynch Stance, and I'd assume Perfect Self plus TD boosts. Are there any other stances worth using? Slippery Mind looks pretty useful.

Donquix
07-28-2015, 01:44 AM
You basically have it, all of what you said + feint. Slippery mind is meh, mostly because you can't get krynch, but it's about the best defensive option you have. which becomes kinda important after a while but definitely not worth in the low to mid levels as you can just avoid CS casters, more easily spell tank, etc. I mean you figure, your primary defense against casters is not letting them cast (feint, vertigo, mental dispel, etc.)...if it gets to that point something is probably already wrong and then you're like...come on big money big money proc please! Because of HSN at least, if you're up against a particular type of CS spell that can punish you there is meditate, which is nice but many areas have multiple caster types, or casters with multiple damage types so...doesn't help everywhere.

basically everything you said, perfect self is such a heavy investment because of the dual pre-reqs you really have no room for other stuff which is sad. not that we have great options in general but it would be nice to have more room outside the "necessary" things for a bit more fun.

I went direct for rank 5 perfect self, and alternating surge + burst for the UAF bonuses without paying the reactivation in the cooldown period is nice early as well. Combined with perfect self you're basically maxed all the time on str/dex/agi enhancement However I did have a specific need to reach certain stat milestones, also while keeping krynch as high as I could. If i had it to do over, i would have maybe done rank 3 perfect self only, and then prioritized punch mastery as well earlier.

as it stands in the early 70s I am:
krynch - 3
pmastery - 3
surge -3
burst - 3
feint - 5 (just got rank 5)
focus - 3

likely next priority is ranks 4/5 of focus which leaves me 43 points to play with. 5, potentially 15, of that will likely be combat mobility, leave me 38/28 points of fuck all...so could get rank 5 cdefense in there, rank 3 of inner harmony/slippery mind (if i don't just drop krynch to do that), or picking up other maneuvers for defense, like charge. At some point i really need to spend 3 points to get a rank of kifocus as well..BECAUSE NINJA KARATE CHOP GOD DAMN IT.

Keep in mind they have also teased both UAC and cloth armor updates for HSN, both of which could heavily impact this.

Warriorbird
07-28-2015, 01:51 AM
Cman be an ambushing rogue.

Taernath
07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the info. Does further training in transformation lore for 1202 affect Slippery Mind?

Aganii
07-29-2015, 01:08 AM
The Ki Focus update looks like it could be pretty powerful for monks.

Warriorbird
07-29-2015, 04:28 AM
Punch Mastery, Krynch, Ki Focus.