PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. so I have this information...

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 11:32 AM
Warclaidhm IMs me last night, and I once again explaine to him why I don't want to be friends with him. He tells me that his feelings are real (ie: suicide attempts and so on). And he sends me a link to a forum he's been posting on about it. So... I read everything, all the "those people are so mean to you" posts and then I register for this forum. I posted, explaining WHY people don't like him, and that I hope they can talk some sense into him about leaving the game, changing his ways etc... I'm nice, truthful, respectful af Kevin and that forum and straight forward but I get this response...

"However, I am not about to allow this forum or this thread to become a repeat of the flaming that went on in the other forum. "

"If you want to continue this debate, do it back at the gaming forum. If it continues here, the posts will be deleted."

So... I ask you. SHOULD I post the link to this forum, so you can all read what he has said, and open the topic here for debate and to try to help Kevin (Warclaidhm).

Ill also ask that the mod of this folder delete any post in this thread that in any way flames, harasses or takes away from the constructiveness of this.

Vote

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by The Cat In The Hat]

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 11:38 AM
I say no, because the people of the other BBS do NOT deserve having people like bob and the ilk attacking them. Not to slight bob (ok, maybe a little hehe) but we've grown acustomed to him. That would be like sending a wolf to live with hens. Its not right.

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by LordAdredrin]

Cayge
10-23-2004, 11:39 AM
I will vote yes. Again, he is an attention whore, and this time he seeks a different type of attention. Suicide, and talking about, is the best tactic for people like him. He needs constant validation, it appears to me. I'd be interested in reading it, you can AIM me the link if you want, given the vote fails.

Edit:I only wish to read the post, Adredrin, even pasting his idiocy here would suffice. Just curious as how he refers to this "abuse", like, as if it isnt self-incurred? I know better than to flame other boards..I reserve that solely for Klaive.

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by Cayge]

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
I say no, because the people of the other BBS do NOT deserve having people like bob and the ilk attacking them. Not to slight bob (ok, maybe a little hehe) but we've grown acustomed to him. That would be like sending a wolf to live with hens. Its not right.

I agree somewhat.. but the forum administrator DID tell me to bring it here, which im getting your opinions on right now.

Snapp
10-23-2004, 11:41 AM
I voted yes, but after reading Adredin's post, I don't think it'd be wise to post it in public. He has a good point. I'd be curious to read it myself.

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see whats being said about our beloved PC boards as well. But I'd hate to see a place where all our problematic posters rush to en mass and just destroy.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see whats being said about our beloved PC boards as well. But I'd hate to see a place where all our problematic posters rush to en mass and just destroy.

Agreed. Which is why I didnt just post the link.

Chelle
10-23-2004, 11:47 AM
I know someone who committed suicide. People who are actually serious about doing it, just do it. They don't threaten, they don't warn. They do it. Usually it comes as a shock to everyone because said person is seemingly happy on the outside. They're the type that will hold in their feelings until one day they cannot take it anymore.

People who are not serious about it will threaten because they are crying out for help, because they don't want to do it. They just want to get your attention. They do need attention, the kind only a therapist can give.

Xcalibur
10-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Do it.

There isn't 1000tr45543gas ways to cure isolations.

Miss X
10-23-2004, 11:48 AM
I agree with Adredrin.

I would also like to say this: He has asked for constructive advice time and time again. He comes here and flames HarmNone and others and then us Mods are expected to delete anything that is flaming him in this thread? I'm not here to babysit someone who can't take what they dish out, sorry.

10-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Chelle
I know someone who committed suicide. People who are actually serious about doing it, just do it. They don't threaten, they don't warn. They do it. Usually it comes as a shock to everyone because said person is seemingly happy on the outside. They're the type that will hold in their feelings until one day they cannot take it anymore.

People who are not serious about it will threaten because they are crying out for help, because they don't want to do it. They just want to get your attention. They do need attention, the kind only a therapist can give.

not always true, we had a Soldier here in my company last week talk about it to his roomate and a few other friends, they unlike they were supposed to did not tell a Drill Sergeant or any command and the solider is now dead.

Sometimes people who talk about it are in fact serious, so dont assume otherwise... is better to be safe than sorry as with the case here.
I didnt know him, we have some 260 people in my company here and he was a few classes ahead of me.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Miss X
I agree with Adredrin.

I would also like to say this: He has asked for constructive advice time and time again. He comes here and flames HarmNone and others and then us Mods are expected to delete anything that is flaming him in this thread? I'm not here to babysit someone who can't take what they dish out, sorry.

If you do or do not, that's your call, you're not expected to do anything. I did have to ask though, and ask I did.

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 11:59 AM
<<I know someone who committed suicide. People who are actually serious about doing it, just do it. They don't threaten, they don't warn. They do it.>>

Your one encounter does not beat professional studies. You are wrong, especially to say that [all] people who commit suicide are spontaneous like that.

<<People who are not serious about it will threaten because they are crying out for help, because they don't want to do it. They just want to get your attention.>>

Or maybe they want a reason to live.

Miss X
10-23-2004, 12:01 PM
I know hon, and it's not an invitation to flame him as of course I will delete any off topic stuff that crops up. However if Warclaidhm comes here and starts flaming due to advice that has been given, that he might not like, then he will have to deal with it. :)

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Or maybe they want a reason to live.

He needs to find that reason in real life, not on a message board, and not in a roleplaying game.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
I know hon, and it's not an invitation to flame him as of course I will delete any off topic stuff that crops up. However if Warclaidhm comes here and starts flaming due to advice that has been given, that he might not like, then he will have to deal with it. :)

Only fair

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:02 PM
<<He needs to find that reason in real life, not on a message board, and not in a roleplaying game.>>

I'm not talking about Warclaidhm. Other (normal) people are who I care about.

Edited to add the original post.

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by HarmNone]

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:04 PM
You know... it would take a little time and cut and paste, but would anyone think it was better if I were to just bring the posts from that board here? There are 3 pages worth...

And it would keep the wolves away from that forum.

10-23-2004, 12:05 PM
I say dont post it hon, will only give the people here more ammo to flame people with.
It's easy for some here to look at a computer screne and not see a person, that or they are to young and immature to know what it is that they do. You know that to be true or you would not have hesitated to post it.

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Oh, and thanks for making me the spokesperson of evil, and everyone with the same opinion as me my minions.

Snapp
10-23-2004, 12:08 PM
I think it's more the Spokeperson for Immaturity, not evil.

Miss X
10-23-2004, 12:09 PM
I'd rather we didn't talk about him killing himself to be honest, it will only give him more negative attention, that isn't what's needed.

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:09 PM
<<Not to slight bob (ok, maybe a little hehe)>>

And I'm immature.

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 12:11 PM
<<Not to slight bob (ok, maybe a little hehe)>>

And I'm immature.

Its called being honest bob :)

10-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Bob, you are 14. You may not see it the way everyone else does, but you are still just a kid.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Dave
I say dont post it hon, will only give the people here more ammo to flame people with.
It's easy for some here to look at a computer screne and not see a person, that or they are to young and immature to know what it is that they do. You know that to be true or you would not have hesitated to post it.

I do...

I wonder though how Bobmuhthol would react if someone told one of the "other (normal) people that he cares about" to kill themselves. Stop a minute and just think about it, there really is someone on the other side of the computer screen, these posts don't type themselves.

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:16 PM
They're not suicidal. It wouldn't make a difference. And it's their right to want them to die. I'm not a dictator. I'm not above anyone else. Don't pass off your stupid fucking rules about me as fact.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:19 PM
They're not suicidal. It wouldn't make a difference. And it's their right to want them to die. I'm not a dictator. I'm not above anyone else. Don't pass off your stupid fucking rules about me as fact.

What "rules" are trying to be passed here Bob? I didn't see any rules in my post.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 12:19 PM
He's been venting this stuff in these type of places for a while. Its helping him. Im confused about people who want him gone but also want to post or even see the other forum.

I dont get it. I r confuseded. :S

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by JihnasSpirit]

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:20 PM
You're confused as to why, when Warclaidhm sent me the link, I posted?

In an effort that maybe THEY could help him if they knew more than "people are mean to me"

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Chelle

Yes, but is this argument even relevent? Someone who threatens suicide obviously has a whole different set of serious problems and needs help.

Edited because my point went astray. I disagree with sharing the link of that site here.

I feel that he went there because whatever he needed he wasnt getting here. This could be a good thing. :yes:

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by JihnasSpirit]

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:23 PM
<<What "rules" are trying to be passed here Bob? I didn't see any rules in my post.>>

All right..

<<I wonder though how Bobmuhthol would react if someone told one of the "other (normal) people that he cares about" to kill themselves.>>

No, no you don't wonder that at all. You're just implying that I'm wrong and masking it. You think you know me, and when other people read that, they think the same thing. Don't try to insinuate that I'd act any differently in the same situation with a different person. Fuck you, and fuck anyone that wants to argue this post.

Those rules.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat
You're confused as to why, when Warclaidhm sent me the link, I posted?

In an effort that maybe THEY could help him if they knew more than "people are mean to me"

I am confused about you posting on that forum if you do not want to have anything to do with him. That would make me confused. I really dont know how you feel about him though.

Thats what I am saying.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:26 PM
I feel sorry for him. on the one hand, I dont want anything to do with him because he's just words on a computer screen. On the other hand, I don't want him to hurt himself because in reality he's human and more than just words on a computer screen.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:28 PM
<<What "rules" are trying to be passed here Bob? I didn't see any rules in my post.>>

All right..

<<I wonder though how Bobmuhthol would react if someone told one of the "other (normal) people that he cares about" to kill themselves.>>

No, no you don't wonder that at all. You're just implying that I'm wrong and masking it. You think you know me, and when other people read that, they think the same thing. Don't try to insinuate that I'd act any differently in the same situation with a different person. Fuck you, and fuck anyone that wants to argue this post.

Those rules.

it always comes down to "I'm right, fuck you" with you Bob. I pray for your sake you grow out of your self centered unrealistic fantasy world and see what reality is before you tell someone to kill themselves, and they really do.

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Bobs 14, its going to be "I'm right, fuck you" untill someone wakes him up. Thats the way it is with most every kid. Chalk it up to our way of living in the US.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Bobs 14, its going to be "I'm right, fuck you" untill someone wakes him up. Thats the way it is with most every kid. Chalk it up to our way of living in the US.

Agreed, but Bob takes it to a very unhealthy extreme.

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:33 PM
It always comes down to that because it's always other people that are wrong. I've given up on a statement. You fucking idiots can't understand it well enough, and I have to point out that there's no use debating it because you'll still be wrong. The times of me having to deal with the masses and their very wrong declarations, particularly about me and what I think or do or am, are so fucking over it's not even funny.

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Agreed, but Bob takes it to a very unhealthy extreme.

I'm betting the extreme he takes it too is due to the fact that he is on the internet. But then again, he could be like that IRL, in which case, I really feel for his parents. Cause untill someone hits him with that wake up call, he is just going to get worse as he gets older.

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:35 PM
<<Bobs 14>>

I was no different when you didn't know I was 14, and people weren't CONSTANTLY FUCKING COMPLAINING THAT I WASN'T AS OLD AS EVERYONE ELSE.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 12:37 PM
I feel sorry for him. on the one hand, I dont want anything to do with him because he's just words on a computer screen. On the other hand, I don't want him to hurt himself because in reality he's human and more than just words on a computer screen.

You were obviously doing what you thought was best by giving them the rest of the story. When I read the page, the first thought in my mind was that if *there was a GOD* these people would have real psychiatric experience and hopefully be able to see through the bullshit and get straight to the problems.

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 12:37 PM
have you ever thought that maybe your wrong? It is possible you know. You will defend your point of view so strongly, I think you are blinded to the fact that you've reached a point your no longer HELPING your view, hurting it. Debating an issue with foul language and "poisoning the well" tactics is getting no where.

It always comes down to that because it's always other people that are wrong. I've given up on a statement. You fucking idiots can't understand it well enough, and I have to point out that there's no use debating it because you'll still be wrong. The times of me having to deal with the masses and their very wrong declarations, particularly about me and what I think or do or am, are so fucking over it's not even funny.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:38 PM
We're not complaining about your age, learning you're only 14 gives us hope that there's still time for you to grow up.

That said, I've decided not to post the link, anyone that wants to read it can U2U me and if I feel you're interested in trying to help him rather than act like a Bobmuhthol, Ill give it to you.

Ilvane
10-23-2004, 12:38 PM
I say don't post it here, all it's going to do is hurt Warclaidhm more. I disagree that someone who is suicidal doesn't tell someone. If they want help, they usually talk to people about it hoping someone does care enough to help.

I would say don't do it, the kid has been through enough.

-A

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
No, but then we chalked it up to you being an asshole. Now that we know your 14, we are giving you the BENIFIT OF THE DOUBT and explaining off your unreasonablitly and break neck reactions to everything to be your age, not you just being an asshole. Then again, if you want to be viewed as an asshole, just say so and I'm sure a lot off us will change our views for you. :)

<<Bobs 14>>

I was no different when you didn't know I was 14, and people weren't CONSTANTLY FUCKING COMPLAINING THAT I WASN'T AS OLD AS EVERYONE ELSE.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit

You were obviously doing what you thought was best by giving them the rest of the story. When I read the page, the first thought in my mind was that if *there was a GOD* these people would have real psychiatric experience and hopefully be able to see through the bullshit and get straight to the problems.

Who are you!? ROFL! I only gave that link to a few people that I knew wouldnt bash him for it.

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:41 PM
<<Then again, if you want to be viewed as an asshole, just say so and I'm sure a lot off us will change our views for you.>>

That would really be better in the long run. I'm the way I am because I can't do anything without being told that this happens since I'm 14 and every other fucking thing. How do you expect me to react?

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 12:42 PM
He sent me the link. I told him it was a step in the right direction.

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 12:43 PM
How do I expect you to react? Exactly how you do. How would I LIKE you to act? Like a boy thats becoming a man. :shrug: I know where your comming from with the 14 year old thing. I delt with the same thing growing up. But I reacted differently. Because of that, I was able to bypass that whole " Your just a kid, your only 14" bit before I even turned 15.

Originally posted by BobmuhtholThat would really be better in the long run. I'm the way I am because I can't do anything without being told that this happens since I'm 14 and every other fucking thing. How do you expect me to react?

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Well you're the one who suggested it, so I'm really hoping that you pull through at this point. From now on, I'm ageless. No more talk of it ever. Then you'll get the results you want.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 12:45 PM

I wonder how many other people he sent this link to, and if it was an effort to let people know he was trying to get better, or another plea for any kind of attention, be it positive or negative.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 12:46 PM
:lol2:

This has become a Bobby needs help thread instead of a WC needs help thread.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 12:48 PM

I wonder how many other people he sent this link to, and if it was an effort to let people know he was trying to get better, or another plea for any kind of attention, be it positive or negative.

Im not sure. I hope he gets the help he needs. A plea for attention dosnt bother me so long as its not written in blood or somesuch. Things could be worse. He could be Sean and be TYPING IN ALL CAPS AND CALLING US MOTHERFUCKERS.

:S

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 12:48 PM
That's what happens when I'm mentioned in half of the posts, mainly negatively.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 12:50 PM
That's what happens when I'm mentioned in half of the posts, mainly negatively.

Well, you are very verbal about who and what you do not like. Perhaps thats what people disagree with and are afraid you will do on the other site.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 12:51 PM
:lol:

I hadnt read your posts on the other site yet. Gothy got pwned by an admin!

HarmNone
10-23-2004, 12:57 PM
I, personally, am glad you've decided not to post that link. I understand that your heart is in the right place, but we cannot help Kevin here. He needs professional guidance, one-on-one. An internet message board cannot give him that.

This is not a self-help board, nor is it moderated by professionals trained in giving assistance to those who are contemplating ending their lives. We don't have the knowledge, or the skills, to do any good. We could actually do harm. Those of you who have the link to the other message board should keep that in mind.

While we might be curious about what's being said there, it will accomplish nothing for us to go there and state our views. We've tried to talk to Kevin here. Many of us have tried. Our efforts have not been successful. They're not going to be any more successful on another message board.

As to Bob...well, Bob is Bob and this thread is not about him. I'm going to delete statements wishing death to others, and I'd like not to see any more of them.

Bobmuhthol
10-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Person X: "I'm going to kill myself."
Person Y: "Good."
Moderator Z: "I'm deleting any posts that wish death on others."

???????

Also, I can only hope you're editing that out of my posts and not deleting them entirely.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 01:12 PM

I hadnt read your posts on the other site yet. Gothy got pwned by an admin!

Yes, I did, but im not sure exactly why. I had the account deleted, it was my request. Aparently on that message board you are only allowed to say "Those people are mean" and, "we feel sorry for you" rather than try to help the person figure out why they are treated like thaey are. so it was pointless. but you cant say I went there and flamed him or tried to cause harm in any way. My heart was in the right place, really.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Yes, umm....I'm not sure you realize this.

You saying 'Good' is a bad thing. :yes:

theotherjohn
10-23-2004, 01:23 PM

another attempt at attention and guess what it worked

Xcalibur
10-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Breaking the isolations is the first step, he's trying, and he's obviously needing help to continue.

Valthissa
10-23-2004, 01:25 PM
There seems to growing evidence that not only are children not miniature adults (Piaget) but adolescents may not be capable of certain adult behaviours.

one source of information in support of the above assertion:

http://www.childwelfare.net/SJDC/braindevelopment.html

C/Valth

HarmNone
10-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Xcalibur, unless you are a professional, I don't think you can make statements regarding the best way to help and expect us to take them seriously.

Xcalibur
10-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Are you a professional? Hmm? Why the judgement, times by times, on him? on Klaive? on others?

And if I recall right, they were along those lines!

Booh you!

Still, his best alternative is that, breaking the isolation. That will force him to open up his eyes.

Bipolaring him, treating him of all the words won't change the fact that being alone, alone, alone, is the worse thing in the world.

The Cat In The Hat
10-23-2004, 01:47 PM
If he needs help, which im sure he does, then he needs to get it from his parents and friends, not people on a message board. Aparently, he wants the help and/or attention from us. Why? I have no idea.

Xcalibur
10-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Asking the question is answering it.

10-23-2004, 01:55 PM
For shit's sake don't post the fucking link.

-Stanley.

HarmNone
10-23-2004, 02:06 PM
"Booh" you, too, Xcalibur. You don't have the foggiest idea what the hell you are talking about, and there is a young person's life and feelings involved here. When you are qualified to make determinations as to what is best for a troubled youth, I'm sure we'll all be glad to take note of your "suggestions".

Xcalibur
10-23-2004, 02:22 PM
As you did, my dear, as you did.

And I did defended him when it was needed, and slapping him when it was needed.

Still, start yourself to do what you want others to do: Stop doing it.

SpunGirl
10-23-2004, 02:45 PM
I am sick and tired of Warclaidhm. People have tried to help him repeatedly, and he shits all over people, here and in-game, that he professes to want to befriend. I could not care less about what "they're" saying on "another" forum about how he's treated here. He deserves anything he gets.

I come here because posting here is fun. Even what I would consider the worst of the flames - such as those that go on with Seany, or maybe Klaive - are mildly annoying at worst and amusing for the most part. I don't want to hear about some kid who wants to kill himself, I don't want to read about his traumatic experiences, and I certainly don't want to see logs of him aggravating and inconveniencing my friends and then say, "oooh, let's talk about how we can help him and how sorry we feel for him."

Is that the new trump card? Can anyone say that? How about Garr, Solescape, and Teeoncy? If they start talking about suicide, are we supposed to rally around them too, no matter how they treat people?

GemStone is a game played for ENJOYMENT, and these forums are (or are supposed to be) an extension of that enjoyment. Doling out advice to someone who is a) only seeking attention and b) irritating as hell is NOT my idea of enjoyment. The talk about Warclaidhm needs to end, and if it does, maybe he will go away. It'd be nice to see him get help, but no one here or at any other forum can do that for him.

-K

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by SpunGirl]

Betheny
10-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Warclaidhm gave them our link.

Let them come here, I'll lambast their sensitive tree-hugging mutual masturbaging asses.

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Maimara

Let them come here, I'll lambast their sensitive tree-hugging mutual masturbaging asses.

SpunGirl
10-23-2004, 03:20 PM
I don't think they have any business here. There have been three or four people who have shown up with the express purpose of congratulating and/or agreeing with someone else, people who don't play GS, have never played GS and don't ever intend to start. That's just ridiculous. There's enough shit about Warclaidhm on here as is.

-K

Betheny
10-23-2004, 03:21 PM
I hope they do come, it'd be fun to undo what umpteen thousands of dollars worth of expensive therapy has done.

Trinitis
10-23-2004, 03:24 PM
I just wanna say, who ever explained to Warclaidhm how to garrote himself, please let me know so I can thank them. That quote from their website had me busting a gut.

SpunGirl
10-23-2004, 03:26 PM
I hope they do come, it'd be fun to undo what umpteen thousands of dollars worth of expensive therapy has done.

:heart: Maimara. You effing crack me up, girl.

-K

Latrinsorm
10-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Some people can't tell the difference between justified criticism (i.e. you shouldn't have set those kittens on fire) and flaming (i.e. STFU & DIE). These people should STFU, for the children.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 03:58 PM
If he needs help, which im sure he does, then he needs to get it from his parents and friends, not people on a message board. Aparently, he wants the help and/or attention from us. Why? I have no idea.

Conversating with people who help these issues as a hobby or way of life is still a step in the right direction.

Tsa`ah
10-23-2004, 04:00 PM
I don't think the other forum needs to be exposed to the idiots of this forum.

I would post links to scooter boy's ignorance over there, but I would endeavor to contain the daily stupidity that occurs here in an effort to shield the rest of the world.

4a6c1
10-23-2004, 04:00 PM

Crap Maimara. Im trying to play devils advocate and then you say something psycho-mean and I laugh my fucking ass off. SHIT. your not helping

:no:

Jolena
10-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl

I come here because posting here is fun. Even what I would consider the worst of the flames - such as those that go on with Seany, or maybe Klaive - are mildly annoying at worst and amusing for the most part. I don't want to hear about some kid who wants to kill himself, I don't want to read about his traumatic experiences, and I certainly don't want to see logs of him aggravating and inconveniencing my friends and then say, "oooh, let's talk about how we can help him and how sorry we feel for him."

GemStone is a game played for ENJOYMENT, and these forums are (or are supposed to be) an extension of that enjoyment. Doling out advice to someone who is a) only seeking attention and b) irritating as hell is NOT my idea of enjoyment. The talk about Warclaidhm needs to end, and if it does, maybe he will go away. It'd be nice to see him get help, but no one here or at any other forum can do that for him.

-K

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by SpunGirl]

Deleted everything else because it wasn't relavent to my comment. However..I'll tell you as so many others have told me and others on these boards. You don't have to read it..you CAN turn away from the topic once you realize what it's about and you certainly don't have to post about it if it bothers you so much.

Now, I'm not defending Warclaidhm's actions nor am I saying that I personally wish to help or not help him. But..last time I checked this was the "Off topic" folder, which means it's not really about Gemstone and can hold pretty much whatever someone would like to post about. I could be wrong, yes but that's what I thought it was about. So, I don't really see the validity in being so pissed off about someone posting here if it's not about Gemstone nor do I see why you are so angry that someone has started a thread about something you don't care for or want to see stopped. I can't count how many complaints I've seen about certain topics being driven to the ground yet they post there anyhow..or about how they wish that this topic were not brought up, etc. It's part of what makes forums so unique to use-- you CAN post about something that someone else might not wish to see and it's okay.

Personally, if you think it's amusing to trash others then that's your bag and more power to you. But ya know, I'll echo what others have said in here several times over, there ARE people behind the words on the screen and I'm pretty certain that they themselves aren't 'amused' about the things being said, even if they dont' particularly let it bother them or even if they 'invite it' upon themselves. Just my two cents though.

SpunGirl
10-23-2004, 04:46 PM
You have a point, Jolena. But in the past week, Warclaidhm threads have completely overrun these boards. You find them in character complaints, off topic, general gemstone. He has, in the past months, used different usernames so people click on his threads unsuspecting.

And one really has little chance of avoiding something unsavory like a proposed suicide attempt when one is reading a thread about something idiotic he did and he chooses to interject, "you guys all suck, I'm going to go shotgun myself."

That's inappropriate for any topic. In addition, we should not under any circumstances allow him to think he can get help or counseling here. That would be irresponsible in the extreme.

-K

10-23-2004, 04:47 PM

You see as he has shown us in the above quote that in his vast and extensive 14 years of life he has become so enlightened that he knows more than all of us. Bob, I defer to your greater knowledge, and I am amazed by your mental prowess <hold on while i clean up the sarcasm that was dripping on the floor>

Jolena
10-23-2004, 04:51 PM
I agree K, and I would never fathom to try to offer counseling advice to someone who obviously has so many issues as Warclaidhm does. It is not something I am trained for and I would feel HORRID if I said or did something to cause him to do something to himself or to others.

However, as for his 'threads' overrunning the PC. Yeah, I agree they have been. But so has Teeo threads, Klaive threads, Psyko threads, Bob threads, you name it. That is unfortunately part of what we have to deal with when choosing to use Forum boards. Personally, if I get into a thread and read a post where someone I am thoroughly fed up with and sick of dealing with is there, or the topic is about them rather, I will close the thread and move on. Fake user names suck, yes. But they are there, and there is a way to tell that it is the person you detest dealing with quite easily just by reading their posts. That..and well ::chuckles:: I know that there are some of us that are VERY adept at finding out who someone truly is by their posting style, comments made, etc. and that usually leads to that person being outed for who they really are rather quick.

SpunGirl
10-23-2004, 05:15 PM
I completely agree, Jolena. But I would feel the same way about Teeo, Klaive, etc threads as I do about Warclaidhm threads if they had tried to pull the same suicide threat bullshit he has. I like these boards way too much and don't want to see them FUBARed. I think allowing that kind of discussion, or setting the precendent that any retard can threaten to kill themselves and suddenly be forgiven for all the shit he/she has slung, would be very detrimental to the PC.

-K

Toxicvixen
10-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Anyone who would kill themselves over what people say on the Internet needs to die. End of story. I hate people who cry suicide. The ones that are suicidal aren't saying jack about it they are going and doing it, not crying for mercy on some forums. I have no pity for Warclaidhm he brings it on himself.

[Edited on 10-26-2004 by Toxicvixen]