PDA

View Full Version : Archery and Semi-dux

Halfsilver
09-05-2003, 11:43 PM
Anyone have any suggestions, ideas, advice, warnings involving ranged weapons?

I'm seriously considering reallocating my blade ranger into an archer for GS4.

Also...semi-dux?

Does 1x spell per level disqualify you for semi-dux?
Is there a set formula for it?

-grays

StrayRogue
09-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Redux is being changed dramatically. Remember it was only a bandaid. Now we have the dodge/block/parry system, redux is not needed as much. I have heard figures that it shall be getting capped at 50%. 1 spell per level in the current GS does qualify you for redux. Just at higher levels. A lvl 62 ranger I played with, had little to no redux. Soulpieced, I believe has 45%.

As for ranger archery...it rocks. Excellent Pker race. Rangers and rogues do make the better archers, but rangers do get some hefty advantages. Now that arrows are going to only be blockable, not dodgable or parryable, you will get some nice perks in combat. Add in Mfire, and you're laughing.

AnticorRifling
09-06-2003, 12:42 AM
I still like rogues for archery. But I agree redux is going to get downtweaked so don't make it your bread and butter as an archer.

StrayRogue
09-06-2003, 12:44 AM
*nod* Same here. The Stealth gambits make the rogue archer the ultimate PKer.

Halfsilver
09-06-2003, 01:22 AM
Gimme some ideas on a training plan, people!

I'm completely stumped!

Ranger archer...hardest class to roll, I hear, but if done right...one of the best.

-grays/darren

Gsgeek
09-06-2003, 07:44 AM
My ranger at about 60 trains has in the mid 20% redux. I think redux starts around in the 30 trains or so currently for rangers. All subject to change in GS4, since there has been no definite announcement yet of what will come.

As for archery for a ranger in gs4, can always try this:
Im not sure how many trains you have or what race since you didnt mention but as an example for a 30 trained ranger I was able to squeeze in this:
ranged -62 ranks
dodge -31
armor -31
CM-31 (some have to do with archery)
Ambush -31
Perception -45
PT -31
Spells -30
Harness Power -30
Survival -31
Hiding -62
Climb -15
Swim -15
1st Aid -25

Anyway, i left some flexibility. If you have more than 30 trains then you obviously will have more skills you can train in (more TP's). Also if you wan, you can drop the CM and add more perception and ambush for more AS, or add brawling maybe to increase open hand defense.

Also If you dont care about skinning drop the survival and use it somewhere else.

Same with spells. I only skipped one here, but you can always skip more to free up TP's.

Hope that gives some ideas.

Justme

Anebriated
01-28-2004, 01:01 AM
Bump.

I just checked today and Elrodin has 4.5% redux at 34 trainings... HOOAH!

Stunseed
01-28-2004, 01:06 AM
Stun's got like 22% at 41 trains. Of course, I don't really care to fling an arrow at things, either. I did almost consider it, but then I realized that nobody sees Stun as an archer.

Anebriated
01-28-2004, 01:17 AM
heh. Yea, if i was a sword swinger id be hoping for alot more than 4.5% right now. As an archer though im quite happy with it.

Stunseed
01-28-2004, 01:19 AM
Heh. I'll keep my Hauberk and ambushing skills. I admire some archers, Thaxius is one off the top of my head, saw him shoot about at 460 something.

Anebriated
01-28-2004, 01:22 AM
yea, would help if i had the extra 40ish trains that he has.... for now i am set with my mid 200's