PDA

View Full Version : Ebon's Gate 05: The annoying, the merchant whores, the swindlers.

Betheny
10-29-2004, 09:14 PM
Here's your official 'bitch about Ebon's Gate' thread.

Right now I'm thinking about Toy and how fucking annoying she is.
(Toy grabs the banana and leaps over to Ardwen and covers it protectively.)

(Toy screeches!)

(Toy screeches!)

(Toy leaps from the stick to the fruit.)

Whatever, this bitch needs to STFU.

The gate hasn't even OPENED YET...

>
Zirthiluntha exclaims, "I want a lick!"
>
Indica just went south.
>
As Ardwen pulls on his carved gryphon amulet, his expression grows darker.
>
Grubbart's spirit appears to be lifted by the singing.
Grubbart renews his songs.
>
Ardwen pulls on his carved gryphon amulet.
>
Slovigg gestures at Sepheron.
Nothing happens.
>
Sepheron put some acantha leaf in his black longcloak.
>
(Toy screeches!)
>
An unfortunate divagation brings a butterfly into perilous contact with Amyy's spidersilk cloak. With a sudden flurry of activity, a large spider emerges from the folds of the cloak and binds the butterfly in a mucilaginous shroud of silk.
>
Zirthiluntha exclaims, "Someone lick me!"
>
Zirthiluntha giggles.
>
Zimzum raises his hand.
>
(Toy screeches!)

[Edited on 10-30-2004 by Maimara]

Ilvane
10-29-2004, 09:30 PM
I actually bought a ticket this time..my wizard needs stuff!

-A

GSLeloo
10-29-2004, 09:32 PM
lol Good luck, here's the group so far.

Also here: Yarx, Lady Anabala, Skydragon, Degaarth, Shakrean, Godyva, Mythala, Lord Arkans, Jade, Kaiphos, Jaysehn, Symond, High Lady Lissanne, Vazzim, High Lady Gothique, Thaylar, Ketum, Loreus, Ozac, Great Lady Chalandrah, Lord Tolwynn, Lady Adhara, Kayothineen, Cryheart, Brattok, Vidisidus, Drethron, Dalcoe, Rhashiki, Nilandia, Tayre, Monaeca, Tabaro, Lady Cariah, Tirayana, Jaspre, Derryen, Ciarana, Merriwyn, Lady Shemmy, Sabran, Candor, Irsila, Aydan, Damina, Hammerrhead, Shianti, Ahirah, Gob, Syedehn, Chanari, Thorrnne, Skael, Lillinia, Lady Kranian, Llaeriel, Salorisa, Lady Mandy, Starna, Makette, High Lady Caladrial, Suntzhu, Femereff, Lord Stalgart, Ivaya, Gazaroth, Greng, Lady Allesia, Kiriane, Drakam, Kearsy, Madmountan, Lord Rabeth, Donas, Bryseus, Anjel, Great Lady Katara, Aenstaas, Ganimead, Lady Kaislyn, Great Lord Sanggios, Lady Loreley, Ghelandar, Ganolen, Kalivar, Danialle, Neopuron, Maerit, Alesse, Great Lady Catrisha, Bskins, Faeryfire, Staerin, Ethin, Orslyk, Chivalrous, Drazner, Great Lady Ezana, Thakirin, Nazradin, Oengus, Indica, Varuka, Tremson, Thysan, Darcconis, Lexxy, Seaven, Lady Chastittee, Slovigg, Lord Asmodea, Lady Istana, Journeyman Zirthiluntha, Zimzum, Maimara, Lord Meldawrath, Snowwolf, Wylde, Riggin, Bingdob, Nahalaluna, Holfred, Deuter, Lord Hapilot, Semiera, Zedina, Tatiyanna, Kriztian, Great Lord Krellin, Lady Brunhilde, Krisstal, High Lord Ravinold, Clearity, Lord Aelion, Grubbart, High Lord Nordred, High Lord Dredroberts, Lord Queshu, Nuadjha, Lady Cristalia, Lady Isalin, Deveste, Lady Shadiya, Aldanon, Felhawk, Toy, Jennalyn, Lord Aanton, Stephanius, Lady Eyyre, Amyy, Lord Gealdros, Elanywn, Ardwen, Massima, Barlimoeur, Saesa, Taurelen, Alesalot, Nephtyris, Shykyre, Lady Vyrshkana
Obvious paths: south
>

Betheny
10-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Yay, it crashed.

I almost made it through the arch but the game was lagging so bad I couldn't do it within 15 seconds.

Nieninque
10-29-2004, 09:35 PM
fecking crashed

Farquar
10-29-2004, 09:37 PM
I just don't get it. Couldn't they see that everyone would make a mad rush to the arch? Why woulnd't Simu take extra precautions to make sure it wouldn't crash? I mean COME ON!!

Nieninque
10-29-2004, 09:38 PM
FUCKING AWESOME!
IT IS 2.37AM AND I AM REALLY TIRED AND STAYED UP FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

bastards

Farquar
10-29-2004, 09:38 PM
So, uh, you like Gemstone huh?

Kaeral
10-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey it's 3:40 AM here.. and I'm still up waiting for it too.. mutter

GSLeloo
10-29-2004, 09:42 PM
... whoa

Nieninque
10-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Fucking fuckers

Betheny
10-29-2004, 09:43 PM
I sure called this one, didn't I.

Um... hopefully they will have it fixed soon? Any word?

SpunGirl
Meh, typical Simu.

-K

Eiderfleur
BAH!!!! goddamnit! I got as far as seeing OTHERS go through the arch DAMN THEM!

lol

Axhinde
10-29-2004, 09:44 PM
I managed to get through just in time to go boom.

Farquar
10-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Back to the original subject, yeah I hate the fake RP merchant whores who think that more actions = better RP. I'll be glad to take her head off if people will get my back hehehe....

Eiderfleur
10-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Axhinde

DAMN YOU!!!

Betheny
There will be a time warp, bet everyone will be back outside.

oh.

Please wait for connection to game server.
The game is up but access to it has been restricted for internal testing.

Better be a quick fucking test.

Axhinde
Originally posted by Eiderfleur

Originally posted by Axhinde

DAMN YOU!!!

:P

Nieninque
Meh.
Beat me to it

[Edited on 30-10-04 by Nieninque]

GSLeloo
10-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Doesn't this happen every year?

The Korean
10-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Ok, everybody, 5 at a time now. Get in a line, we're going to do this right.

Axhinde
Originally posted by Maimara
There will be a time warp, bet everyone will be back outside.

oh.

Please wait for connection to game server.
The game is up but access to it has been restricted for internal testing.

Better be a quick fucking test.

Ask and you shall receive.

SpunGirl
It's a different problem with the arches every year. Some years people complain because all arches except for one work, so people are overruning the festival before other people have a chance to get in, sometimes it's that it starts an hour late, bla bla....

This is my fourth Ebon's Gate, I've never been to one where there wasn't some kind of problem at the get-go.

-K

Marl
10-29-2004, 11:12 PM
so is it up and running fine now? and what the hell is this damn wizard update?

SpunGirl
10-29-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm in and everything seems to be OK. Anyone know what's so creepy about the clasps in Creepy Clasps?

-K

Betheny
10-29-2004, 11:17 PM
alter 1, down.

Farquar
10-30-2004, 01:35 AM
Mithril claids off the shelf...w00t!

4a6c1
10-30-2004, 02:39 AM
Got one alter done and a crapload of shopping. Jihna insulted some dead children, got lost, got found, got stamped by a gnome, got her toe stepped on by an angry human, and made some new freinds and enemies. Not in that order.

A vera fun night.

:rah:

Drew
10-30-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Farquar
Back to the original subject, yeah I hate the fake RP merchant whores who think that more actions = better RP. I'll be glad to take her head off if people will get my back hehehe....

At the first alterer that did work all the idiots were doing their usual "pay attention to me" routines and I said something like "If I continue not acting up and not talking a lot will I be called upon?" and ended up getting picked for the first alter of the whole event.

The actual alter did not turn out how I wanted it at all, but I look at it as a multi-step process, I'll get there soon enough.

I ended up getting another alter a bit later on in the night and I got exactly what I wanted, which was nice.

Anyway, it's been pretty fun so far, I hope to get one or two more alters and I'll be satisfied.

Drew
10-30-2004, 04:29 AM
Mithril claids off the shelf...w00t!

This was the only thing that disapointed me, I've been slogging along with a plain claidhmore forever, wish I could have picked one up.

Caiylania
10-30-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Kaeral
Hey it's 3:40 AM here.. and I'm still up waiting for it too.. mutter

Hehe. Tried to warn yah! It's why I just went to bed.

;)

Mistomeer
10-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Drew

At the first alterer that did work all the idiots were doing their usual "pay attention to me" routines and I said something like "If I continue not acting up and not talking a lot will I be called upon?" and ended up getting picked for the first alter of the whole event.

Ass kisser.

:lol:

Farquar
10-30-2004, 09:34 PM
I love it when someone argues with a merchant for 20 minutes because they cant add a veil iron spike/stud/zipper to their damn belt. I mean...COME ON!

Jenisi
10-30-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm bored out of my freaking mind as far as merchants go tonight.

Pallon
10-30-2004, 09:44 PM
I got enough altered crap, anyone spot any cool services besides feature alters?

Ilvane
10-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Mm, still bored out of my mind.

-A

Shalla
10-30-2004, 10:40 PM
I don't know why.. but for some reason I have no interest in any of these events. I mean, alteration is nice.. but I don't go nuts for it like other people. Come to think of it.. I don't go nuts when it comes to gemstone in general. I'm very impatient to go through the line of people for alterers.. quests and not to mention find people who suck up extemely irritating.

Somebody please give me reasons to why I should pay and how to have fun when it comes to these events. Bear in mind I have lockers full of altered and unique stuff already. What makes it fun?

Toxicvixen
10-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Depends on the person I guess. You obviously don't sound like you would enjoy it. I go to hang out with my friends, get new alters and shop. I LOVE to shop. The quests can be great fun and there is always a chance on getting something extra neat (like the kittens on the Dhu). I always end up meeting someone new each event I go to and its just a nice change of pace. If it doesn't sound like your cup of tea, don't go plain and simple. :yes:

Betheny
10-30-2004, 11:02 PM
They better extend this shit.

Seriously. :rant:

Shari
10-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah no shit, there are several shops that are supposed to be here that aren't open yet and its starting to piss me off.

I've only had 2 things done, and thats because I brought two characters.

Hopefully things pick up tonight and tomorrow morning.

Betheny
10-30-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm only bringin one character in, but it's pissing me off because I"m not getting anything. I've gotten 1 alter, and got a snake on my runestaff because a friend gave me his turn, since he didn't have a workable item.

Grr.

Warriorbird
10-30-2004, 11:39 PM
It's Ebon's Gate... going there to try to get alters is an exercise in self abuse. Go for the contests, go for the shopping, go for the silly little quests... just don't expect much, if anything, as regards alters. You often have worse chances than you would at a posted alteration session in Frostacres.

Farquar
10-31-2004, 01:03 AM
F***IN Yukito, at the top of every list. No idea how the hell he/she does it. Man I'd love to pop his top with a claid...

LordWarclaidhm
10-31-2004, 01:10 AM
I'm in ebons now, and IMH opinino its the worst ebons yet.

Warclaidhm has seemed to piss more people off, so I'm trying to tone that down.

I just got into ebons today. Have not gotten 1 alteration. Here is what happened:

I got one of those fucked up mithril claidhs for 250k from Kureins Arms. They were NOT supposed to be sold.

She said the reason was that this shop was from along time ago and it didn't get "converted" (wasn't sure what she meant by that).

She did, however, fix the claidh and give it back.

The claidh is now:
a gore covered mithril claidhmore with a gut wrapped hilt.
1x, new style, hits magical stuff.

I purchased this from this Ebons for 250k. They are sold out now.

Before it was "a mithril claidhmore". But when you looked at it you saw:

>look claidh
a gore covered mithril claidhmore with a gut wrapped hilt

Yes, exactly that. So, I told GM kyalia about this, she fixed it, told her about the fucker Aex who tried to kill me again (I didn't provoke 'em), and she told me her merchants names and where to find them.

Later, while I was trying to find one of her merchants in Ebons. I reported:

>report You locked me out of your dark cavern, Kyalia :-(. I hope you do some more tommarrow..
REPORT should only be used to notify the GemStone IV staff of emergency situations or gamewide technical errors. Please use ASSIST for general support.

SEND[Kyalia] I will be for sure. Just have a limit to how much I can work in one day. We all need sleep right? Have a good one :-)

Betheny
10-31-2004, 01:30 AM
oh man

if you put your ferret diamond in your rectum it will help, I swear

Xcalibur
10-31-2004, 01:37 AM
Could you stop being an ass yourself?

Leave him alone, he's trying to behave and you're still on his case, grow the fuck up as they say.

Farquar
10-31-2004, 03:05 AM
Blackdrake is so cheap. I've never flushed 2 mil down the drain so quickly.

Caramia
10-31-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla
I don't know why.. but for some reason I have no interest in any of these events. I mean, alteration is nice.. but I don't go nuts for it like other people. Come to think of it.. I don't go nuts when it comes to gemstone in general. I'm very impatient to go through the line of people for alterers.. quests and not to mention find people who suck up extemely irritating.

Somebody please give me reasons to why I should pay and how to have fun when it comes to these events. Bear in mind I have lockers full of altered and unique stuff already. What makes it fun?

If you need reasons then apparently paid events aren't for you. When I pay to go, I go to have fun with people I know and doing things together with them. I don't expect to be entertained or run around to merchants 24/7. If you do expect that or try to merchant whore/hunt, then you probably will be disappointed.

Caramia
10-31-2004, 04:42 AM
...and she told me her merchants names and where to find them.

Favoritism.

CrystalTears
10-31-2004, 04:49 AM
Quit reporting lamo shit, Warclaidhm! Holy hell!

I've always had fond memories of Ebons Gate. I don't really consider it a merchant event, more of a roleplaying and have a good time event with some merchants mixed in for good measure.

If you need convincing to go someplace, better not to go and save the dough. The last thing the person that convinced you needs is you blaming them for having a bad time and paying for something you didn't want in the first place. ;)

Drektor
10-31-2004, 04:55 AM
I shouldn't have gone..:sniffle:

Shalla
10-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Caramia

...and she told me her merchants names and where to find them.

Favoritism.

No, Kyalia is like that to everybody. I think she's really nice. One time I had an assist regarding the dyer's tent.. how something I dyed should have been "Some jet black stockings" She altered it into a long one that matched my outfit. I think she's awesome. I think alot of people are aware of warclaidhm's antics.. especially the GM's. I don't think they would be giving him any special treatments.

Shalla
10-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Your coffin arrives, following you dutifully.

If it wasn't halloween, I would've freaked out. Come to think of it, if there was a coffin following me around with my name on it.. I would've bashed it to the ground. That's kinda freaky. :no:

10-31-2004, 08:11 AM
If Warclaidhm would just shut the fuck up, instead of talking non-stop and trying to be the center of attention, people wouldn't be getting annoyed with him.

And in the name of all things holy, stop bragging about reporting (which I'm sure the GM's hate you for) and about how much GM Kyalia loves you. I don't care if she took you to the Silvergate Inn for some loving, stop telling everyone you meet about it.

Stop using the fucking REPORT verb. It is not there so that you can brown-nose / attempt to become friends with GM's.

HarmNone
10-31-2004, 10:19 AM
Part of your problem with getting along with others is highlighted right here in this thread, Warclaidhm. You behave as though the world revolves around you. It does not.

If you will just stop and think for a moment, you will realize that the GMs are probably busy as all hell when an event like Ebon Gate is going on. They're trying to play merchants and interact with "customers", in addition to being responsible for what is going on throughout the game. Not everybody goes to Ebon Gate. There is still the need to be responsive to Reports of problems game-wide.

GM Kyalia was very nice to you, but I will hazard a guess that she really didn't need you using Report to inform her that YOU weren't able to get in to see her merchant. YOU, Warclaidhm, are not the only person playing GemStone, and Report is for emergencies within the game, not for you to use to get attention for yourself and your wants.

Think about someone else once in awhile. You might be surprised at how much better you will get along.

Artha
10-31-2004, 10:23 AM
I don't understand how you have managed not to have your ability to report taken away.

Stunseed
10-31-2004, 10:54 AM
Him and a few others truly need to have their report verb turned into a self-mutilating verb.

> report People are being mean to me, make them stop!!!

Warclaidhm just punched himself in the face!

Hips
10-31-2004, 11:05 AM
Hmm... looks like it was a good thing that I'm on base in Dover and haven't logged in yet. You guys let me know if it gets better by tonight, okay? :lol:

Jay
10-31-2004, 11:22 AM
Which shop was selling mithril claids?
What did they look like?
How much were they?
Were they in limited supply?

GSLeloo
10-31-2004, 11:23 AM
Warclaidhm was annoying as hell since he kept asking everyone if he could have money to get an alter.

HarmNone
10-31-2004, 11:52 AM
Another clue, Warclaidhm, based on the same premise as the previous suggestion:

Do not ask others for coin to buy what YOU want but cannot afford. YOUR wants are not the responsibility of the community at large. I'm sure the vast majority of people have better things to do with their coin than cater to YOUR wishes.

Quit putting yourself before everything!

Kitsun
10-31-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Part of your problem with getting along with others is highlighted right here in this thread, Warclaidhm. You behave as though the world revolves around you. It does not.

The truly funny part is that while we all know this is true, I could see why a warped mind would believe differently. Every time he posts in a thread like this or acts out ingame, he gets a TON of attention. Attention the likes of which I don't believe anyone ingame can really replicate(not that anyone would want to, except maybe Candor).

Dhuul
10-31-2004, 12:00 PM
so what does everyone look like post-merchant whoring?

a friend of mine got 8 alters...i only got 2

You see Dhuul the Inquisitor.
He appears to be a Halfling.
He appears to be immature. He has green eyes and pasty white skin. He has a bald head.
He has a black hand tattoo on his head.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a blue shaalk shield in his left hand.
He is wearing a hooded black inquisitors cloak embroidered with protective glyphs and sigils, a suit of inquisitors ring mail etched with protective glyphs and sigils, and a ragged leather axe loop with a wickedly curved ora axe with festering lich skin wound about its haft hanging from it.

4a6c1
10-31-2004, 12:10 PM
:heart: EG

one word:

PIES!!!

HarmNone
10-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun

Originally posted by HarmNone

The truly funny part is that while we all know this is true, I could see why a warped mind would believe differently. Every time he posts in a thread like this or acts out ingame, he gets a TON of attention. Attention the likes of which I don't believe anyone ingame can really replicate(not that anyone would want to, except maybe Candor).

He gets attention, but that isn't really what he wants. What he wants is approval, and friends, and a place in things. Negative attention does not lead to any of those things. It only leads to animosity and exclusion, which is exactly what Warclaidhm is earning for himself through his behaviors.. That's why I posted as I did.

Thanks for posting, Kitsun. If enough of us make the effort to point these things out...things that are obvious to us, but not to Warclaidhm's player, perhaps he'll begin to get a clue as to why what he's doing isn't working for him. :)

Caiylania
10-31-2004, 07:57 PM
I've missed pretty much everything. Wondering too why the whole thing is only 3 days when last year I could swear Merchants were 3 days but Ebon's lasted for a week. Which I loved.

The good thing was, that after I logged in and shopped for a little bit a friend told me about an alterer working on people who hadn't had an alter yet. So I at least got one. Yay. :)

Artha
10-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Wondering too why the whole thing is only 3 days when last year I could swear Merchants were 3 days but Ebon's lasted for a week. Which I loved.

I think to make up for something involved with GS4.

Snapp
10-31-2004, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty sure it was a week... then they reopened it again later for a bit for the GS4 part. Any word if they're extending it this year? Kinda stinks I'm not even gonna get to see all the shops, let alone play games or get alters.

Eiderfleur
10-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Okay I can now see why Warclaidhm is annoying... I haven't really edited the log, only went to this merchant to wait on my fiance who was getting a plant thing.

ood job."
>
Benitrose says, "25k."
>
Warclaidhm ponders.
>
Warclaidhm rummages around in his pockets.
>

Two spectral figures drift by, looking around with curiosity. "It's the last night for the parade, do you see it?" asks one. "Not yet, but it's supposed to be around the Circle of Souls. Let's keep looking." They float out of sight.

>
* Joxter joins the adventure.
>
Warclaidhm sighs.
>
Warclaidhm says, "I only have 4.9k to my name my lord."
>frow war
You frown at Warclaidhm.
>
Maleficius mutters fertiliser.
>
Warclaidhm says, "Spent it all on merchants."
>
Benitrose asks, "Look for donations?"
>
Warclaidhm nods.
>
Murp says, "Looks like he'll have to take 20k outta your hide."
>
Warclaidhm says, "I haven't bought anything either."
>
Warclaidhm says, "Just merchants so expensive nowadays."
>
Faralai stares off into space.
>
Benitrose stares off into space.
>
Benitrose just opened a dark green canvas bag.
>
Benitrose put a miniature elf head-shaped shrub in his canvas bag.
>
Suntzhu removes a Wehnimer's promissory note from in his spidersilk greatcloak.
>
Maleficius says, "You're wearing a kings ransom in arms and armour there old chap, I'm sure you could make a payment in kind."
>
Suntzhu offers Benitrose a Wehnimer's promissory note.
>
Benitrose accepts Suntzhu's promissory note.
>
Suntzhu calmly says, "Ill pay."
>
Benitrose offers Suntzhu a Wehnimer's promissory note.
>
* Pickerin returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
>
Murp says, "It's not polite to bring up what a huckster Benitrose is."
>
Suntzhu accepts Benitrose's promissory note.
>
Benitrose removes a miniature elf head-shaped shrub from in his canvas bag.
>
Warclaidhm says, "Da Maggot charged me 25k to break my nose repeatedly."
>
Suntzhu put a Wehnimer's promissory note in his spidersilk greatcloak.
>
Benitrose offers Warclaidhm a miniature elf head-shaped shrub.
>
Warclaidhm says, "Ah thank ye."
>
Warclaidhm accepts Benitrose's elf head-shaped shrub.
>
Faralai smirks.
>
Warclaidhm bows to Benitrose.
>
Benitrose points at Maleficius.
>say ::warc when you firs' arrive't yeste'day you said you only had 5000 silvers! surely you manage't to go back to de Landing to hunts an' gets more
Speaking to Warclaidhm, you say, "When you firs' arrive't yeste'day you said you only had 5000 silvers! surely you manage't to go back to de Landing to hunts an' gets more."
>
* Tylanthriel returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
>
Maleficius offers Benitrose a miniature witchwood tree.
>
Benitrose accepts Maleficius's witchwood tree.
>
Maleficius says, "Splendid, splendid."
>
Warclaidhm says, "I had gotten a loan fer 200k."
>
Warclaidhm says, "And it was spent on fun games."
>gaze up
You gaze up into the heavens.
>
* Raschevar was just scared to death!
>
Warclaidhm says, "I hath not spent any of it on weapons, or merchandise."
>
Maleficius says, "Can I leave the details to your artisic bonsai skills."
>
* Medlarrsonn joins the adventure.
>
Faralai waves a hand at Warclaidhm, dismissing him indifferently.
>
Warclaidhm frowns.
>
Maleficius says, "But something in keeping with the family crest."
>
Faralai grins.
>
Maleficius shows Benitrose his platinum signet ring.
>
Maleficius says, "My personal signifier is the blossom tree,"
>
Warclaidhm says, "I got these two alters fer free."
>
Warclaidhm taps a three-lined placard.
>
Maleficius says, "Dear mama takes a lor."
>
Warclaidhm says, "Erm."
>
Warclaidhm taps some deeply-polished reflective battle plate etched with ancient veil iron runes of rabid bunnies.
>
Warclaidhm says, "And."
>
Warclaidhm taps a fierce bunny-etched greatsword.
>
Maleficius asks, "So something, evocative of the family honour?"
>
Warclaidhm says, "Thats all the alters ive gotten."
>
A funny-looking halfling steps over to help Suntzhu.
>
Speaking playfully in broken common, Faralai says, "Now ya got 3 for free."
>
Warclaidhm says, "Aye."
>
Warclaidhm says, "But I don't want folks to be mean to me. I said to Benitrose I did not have enough before I gave it to him."
>
* Jayvn joins the adventure.
>
Murp says, "I feel like such a sucker after paying for mine."
>
Murp frowns.

Eiderfleur
10-31-2004, 09:07 PM
And I simply could NOT resist this one.......

Warclaidhm asks, "I can't wear yer bushse?"

Numbers
10-31-2004, 09:11 PM
Warclaidhm taps some deeply-polished reflective battle plate etched with ancient veil iron runes of rabid bunnies.

Warclaidhm taps a fierce bunny-etched greatsword.

WHAT....

THE....

FUCK!

Eiderfleur
10-31-2004, 09:13 PM
That was kinda why I didn't really edit the log :

So you could see the whole "beauty" of it.

Kitsun
10-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 3704558
WHAT....

THE....

FUCK!

I believe bunnies have been his animal of choice since one of Kyalia's merchants branded him with one when he fell asleep and got picked. And he got hit with it a few more times too afterward...

Seems its grown on him.

Betheny
10-31-2004, 09:42 PM
dude

he's at zaticia's now.

I really fucking hate him.

Kainen
10-31-2004, 10:01 PM
This is my first Ebon's Gate and truthfully I didnt go to get alters.. I went for the shops, games and contests.. and can you say PIES!!!! :smilegrin: me = 5 / them = 2

AnticorRifling
10-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Someone get me some alters!1

Kitsun
10-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Kainen
This is my first Ebon's Gate and truthfully I didnt go to get alters.. I went for the shops, games and contests.. and can you say PIES!!!! :smilegrin: me = 5 / them = 2

Should keep your eye out. The GM's tend to go scouting for people who didn't get any work done so you can get one with little to no effort either tonight or sometime this week.

Kainen
10-31-2004, 10:12 PM
Yeah I heard that.. but I have no idea what I would get done and how i would do it.. since I tend to buy stuff that I like alot to begin with.

Hips
10-31-2004, 10:28 PM
First alter of the weekend... "a strapless black taffeta dress with a scarlet sash tied around the drop waist." Yay! :D

Kitsun
10-31-2004, 10:44 PM
Yeah I heard that.. but I have no idea what I would get done and how i would do it.. since I tend to buy stuff that I like alot to begin with.

Well pick an item on you that you'd like to develop more or have it fleshed out with detail. Post your preference for color, material, gems or themes and we'll see if anyone can give you a nudge in the right direction.

Brattt8525
11-01-2004, 01:56 AM
I got 3 alters today! The last one being an unexpected find, I know have a custom tattoo. I really liked the morphing ones, they are really a nice alter.

Love mine, and I am very happy to have gotten my weapon and shield done.

Now for some sleep!

Amaron
11-01-2004, 09:05 AM
I still have a doll from the Dhu I wanted to change from half elven to half sylvan ( it wasnt an option before)

I have a robe and circlet I am working for as well....

But I am not disappointed at all.. so many nice things off the shelves.

I am still hoping to get a tiny jade green garter snake with gleaming onyx eyes on the bodice dagger... I can see the looks what I pull that out.... grins

Now to spend the week shopping

J

11-01-2004, 09:06 AM
I got my armor done, so I'm happy. I was really gunning for a feature alteration or a custom tatoo, but I'll live. The event wasn't that bad. Good interaction with people and a nice break from power hunting the Rift.

- Arkans

Caiylania
11-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Dude I made out. I have a vest. And thread. Found some sand, and ooh ohh I got like a ring!

:up:

Amaron
11-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Caiylania
Dude I made out. I have a vest. And thread. Found some sand, and ooh ohh I got like a ring!

:up:

Found sand? thread? elaborate!

J

Caiylania
11-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Darn right! What would this world be without SAND AND THREAD??? They bind the world and feed the plants damnit!

Amaron
11-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Darn right! What would this world be without SAND AND THREAD??? They bind the world and feed the plants damnit!

My luck was terrible until yesterday when I got a cloak, snake and a cham pouch.

I wish I had put the snake on my dagger, but my character's fella said he would try if they came back.

but dang I want sand and a thread too!

J

[Edited on 11-1-2004 by Amaron]

Caiylania
11-01-2004, 10:24 AM
You TOO can have sand and thread!! Just go through the maze and it shall be yours!

Amaron
11-01-2004, 10:26 AM
You TOO can have sand and thread!! Just go through the maze and it shall be yours!

Yeah!!!

J

Drektor
11-01-2004, 02:09 PM
I didn't get anything.. Who likes to do work for people who are bad at this?

Betheny
11-01-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Drektor

You totally slept, Zaticia did alters all day yesterday for people that hadn't had any. I was there helping the noobs make their alters. It was a blast. Except for Warfuckheadhm being there. If he shoves that stupid bush in my face one more time I'm gonna...

Amaron
11-01-2004, 02:16 PM

You totally slept, Zaticia did alters all day yesterday for people that hadn't had any. I was there helping the noobs make their alters. It was a blast. Except for Warfuckheadhm being there. If he shoves that stupid bush in my face one more time I'm gonna...

hahahaha

Maimara got warcladhm bush in the face!

Ducks and runs covering her eyes.

No they do not taste good.

J

:lol:

sorry it struck me as funny

Kainen
11-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Shove the bush up his nose? :yes:

Betheny
11-01-2004, 02:17 PM
I'll do something a hell of a lot less ladylike and more gory than that.

11-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Drektor

What I did was make a quick little script.

PUT FIND merchant merchant merchant
PAUSE 1

I think you can put up to 7 people in a FIND, so you can put 7 merchants on each line of the script.

Then I just run that script periodically, look at the Ebon's Gate map, and run like hell to the ones I can find. Then someone else will get picked and we all live happily ever after.

Your best bet is probably Elvaria or Zaticia (sp?). Elvaria was working on metal armors and clothing, and Zaticia was working on clothing and leather armor (if memory serves). They were both doing work for people that hadn't had anything done, and doing big groups at a time. So if you are ready to wait around an hour, you can probably get something done with them.

4a6c1
11-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Ok, I'm going to bitch about something.

Why the FUCK do people want snakes on they're weapons when they're character has never had an interest in snakes until THAT MOMENT. Meanwhile, four characters in the room that actually worship a *snake* DO NOT GET PICKED.

/end-bitching

~R, jealous and without a snake. :mad:

Betheny
11-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Awww.

Well, I got a death adder on my runestaff.

Do you use runestaffs?

4a6c1
11-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Awww.

Well, I got a death adder on my runestaff.

Do you use runestaffs?

Nope. Jihna wanted one on her dagger for *cough*ceremonies *cough*.

Thank you though. :)

Marl
11-01-2004, 04:48 PM
I'll do something a hell of a lot less ladylike and more gory than that.

erm when were you ladylike?

:P

Jenisi
11-01-2004, 05:02 PM
this SUCKED

Also here: Greng, Deuter, Grubbart, Barlimoeur
Obvious exits: none
>
Barlimoeur pokes Grubbart in the ribs.
>pant
You pant.
>
* Barbbie just bit the dust!
>
Lord Hapilot just arrived.
>read rol

The Nontay roll contains the following names:

(1) Grubbart
(2) Greng
(3) Barlimoeur
(4) Deuter

The Nontay roll is open. One more person may sign up.
Leaving the game for more than a few minutes is NOT allowed.
Leaving the room is NOT allowed.
You may only be on ONE list at a time. Joining another will remove you from the first.

>
Grubbart hums a happy tune, skillfully expressing his friendly mood.
>
Hapilot adds his name to the Nontay roll.
The Nontay roll is full and is now closed.
>join rol
Sorry, no further names can be added to the Nontay roll at this time.
Round time: 45 seconds.
>'oh my god
You say, "Oh my god."
>l

Axhinde
11-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Ouch, so close and yet....so far.

Skeeter
11-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Warclaidhm says, "Gouthar could you pleaes go in room order and alternate? Massima and I are very close to getting picked in room order. I'd really appreciate it."
>

Kainen
11-01-2004, 10:26 PM
I am tired of the people who get a bunch of alters then whine when they are not picked for others.. :stfu: and be thankfull for what you got.

Marl
11-01-2004, 10:44 PM
I am REALLY happy with EG this year, lots of nice off the shelf items, got my morph staff altered, a painted pumpkin, a new tat, a plant, and 2 alters......very happy:socool:

Kitsun
11-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Shoot off a list of the nice shelf items!

Marl
11-01-2004, 11:39 PM
well nice meaning alot of long description items, expensive (all over 150k) but nice. a few actioned cloaks, and the normal weighted padded stuff thats there every year

Brattt8525
11-01-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Skeeter
Warclaidhm says, "Gouthar could you pleaes go in room order and alternate? Massima and I are very close to getting picked in room order. I'd really appreciate it."
>

Oh my god, I went to that alterer. He was there, acting as he has done all weekend.

Everyone was yelling, picking on him etc. I was not about to sit there and listen to that, I whispered to the alterer I will give you a million to do his alter now and make him leave!

He did, then Warc had the nerve to ask me for silvers so he could go digging in the graveyard. MY GOD someone just kill me.

Hanksbane
11-02-2004, 02:34 AM
Hmmm nice shelf items....

The scripted cloaks are nice except they should hide features....I got a damned monkey suit...the morphing runestaves are pretty neat....and the clothing from nothing up your sleeves are pretty cool, pin worn, holds two daggerlike weapons and scripted.

As for bitching about the fest.....
I can't complain really.....except for people who whine about the merchant then get picked for the service and people who walk in and say to the merchant, "Are you gonna not pick me too, because then I'll just leave." WTF?

But good lord, Warclaidhm.......someone tie him up and leave hiim in the snake pit please! I saw him standing north of the gate yelling out "Help me! I havent gotten an alter yet!"

Tsa`ah
11-02-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
Everyone was yelling, picking on him etc. I was not about to sit there and listen to that, I whispered to the alterer I will give you a million to do his alter now and make him leave!

He did, then Warc had the nerve to ask me for silvers so he could go digging in the graveyard. MY GOD someone just kill me.

You made sure he got his way.

I understand the frustration, but I think the GMs need to step in and do something about it rather than have one moron pester people until he gets what he wanted to begin with.

Unfortunately this is a pay event and a GM is less likely to spank the idiot because he forked over the extra cash to attend. Even though he probably threw a tantrum until someone paid for his ticket.

Now that he's read this, he'll continue to beg and pester in the future because that's his means to the desired end.

Pallon
11-02-2004, 02:42 AM
There's a nice 4x lightning flaring troll-claw in the ritual place for 58k, apparently to compensate for the gross overpricing of the other brawling weapons

Oh yeah, best item ever:

You rub a strip of velvety beaver pelt.

gcstader
11-02-2004, 03:47 AM
Its ridiculous how much people get pissed about this kind of stuff.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by gcstader]

Caiylania
11-02-2004, 05:16 AM
The one time I merchant sit for hours and the most reliable merchant (elvaria) never shows. :(

Galleazzo
11-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit
Why the FUCK do people want snakes on they're weapons when they're character has never had an interest in snakes until THAT MOMENT. Meanwhile, four characters in the room that actually worship a *snake* DO NOT GET PICKED.How d'ya figure the GM can tell?

I got me an uber tat and that was it. I got enough altered shit. I got a lot ofg great shit off the rack and I had fun gambling away my raising fees. Why are folks frigging paying $30 for alters when they can get in a line on the Isle for free? I don't get it

:no:

4a6c1
11-02-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo

Why the FUCK do people want snakes on they're weapons when they're character has never had an interest in snakes until THAT MOMENT. Meanwhile, four characters in the room that actually worship a *snake* DO NOT GET PICKED.How d'ya figure the GM can tell?

I got me an uber tat and that was it. I got enough altered shit. I got a lot ofg great shit off the rack and I had fun gambling away my raising fees. Why are folks frigging paying $30 for alters when they can get in a line on the Isle for free? I don't get it

:no:

Bitching is not comparable to rational thinking.

However, In all fairness I will try to answer your question in the mindset I wrote that post:

THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ MINDS, DAMNIT!!! :fu:

DeV
11-02-2004, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Skeeter
>

Oh my god, I went to that alterer. He was there, acting as he has done all weekend.

He did, then Warc had the nerve to ask me for silvers so he could go digging in the graveyard. MY GOD someone just kill me. Damn... You more than likely helped make his begging go up another notch or three.

Kitsun
11-02-2004, 12:02 PM
I'm pretty sure GM's can sweep the room for anyone that has converted to worship specific deities. Ie Luukos in this case.

Chelle
11-02-2004, 12:07 PM
Elvaria had to attend to her father in the hospital. I hope she and her father are okay.

HarmNone
11-02-2004, 12:12 PM
Ish. Thanks for sharing that, Chelle. I am sorry to hear of Elvaria's father's illness, and wish them both the best.

Chelle
11-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Thought I'd add: Someone in Elvarias area shared that information with everyone. I do not know Elvaria personally. I do know its not like her to show up when she says, because she is a good dependable GM. One of my favorites!

HarmNone
11-02-2004, 12:24 PM
Sometimes, we tend to forget that the GMs have lives, just as we do. They have jobs to go to, family illnesses, and all manner of events that can interfere with their plans to participate in game events. There's nothing to be done for it, and I'm sure they feel badly when they're unable to keep a promise. However, for any of us, the real world must come first.

Amaron
11-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Bitching is not comparable to rational thinking.

However, In all fairness I will try to answer your question in the mindset I wrote that post:

THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ MINDS, DAMNIT!!! :fu:

They can see who you are converted to...

I know Verrath could last year when I tried to get a censer

Brattt8525
11-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Damn... You more than likely helped make his begging go up another notch or three.

DEV, he has been at the festival begging all weekend, making everyone miserable. I was not about to sit through another night of him whining.

He was going to be getting an alter, I just hurried him through it, and was thanked for doing so. I did it so that I could actually enjoy a merchant without hearing him, and everyone else bitching at him drone in my ear.

I am sorry if you or anyone else thinks I contributed to furthering his already insane behavior.

All I want is peace damnit and getting him out of the room fast was key.

Amberlei
11-02-2004, 04:55 PM
So he was planning on getting an alter, and complaining about losing his spot, but didn't have money to pay for one? I was feeling sorry for him until I read where he asked you for money after you'd paid for his alter and Sarenne had to pay for his previous one. Now I'd kinda like to see what would happen if someone were to get an alter done but not have money to pay for it.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by Amberlei]

AnticorRifling
11-02-2004, 05:03 PM
I hope I get a chance to go to a pay event and that dumbass is there. It will be worth it killing him over and over knowing that he paid to be there.

Seriously I would have just gotten a large group pick a fight and kill him, repeat til he WARNS, then the next person in the group does it. No one in the group gets banned or an official warning because they stop when he warns or until he breaks his own warn which he would. And he gets dead alot til he cries and leaves.

Killer Kitten
11-02-2004, 05:07 PM
With the busy-ness of packing and house hunting (and man did we find a great house!) I haven't really missed GS nearly as much as I thought I would.

This Ebon's Gate thread gave me a pang, though. EG was always my ultra favorite event and it took me until now to realize that no more GS meant no more EG. I never was very fast on the uptake. <g>

I hope everybody who went had a really great time!

Kimm/Ex-Tilone

Fission
11-02-2004, 05:47 PM
People should read the signs the merchants put up. That and listen to the merchants while they're at it.

Tacked this on since the thread title mentioned merchant whores... here's one going the extra mile. I edited some of the clutter out.

Myrisa's group just arrived.

Rebeya nods to Myrisa.

Myrisa points at a small cedar sign.

Rebeya nods to Myrisa.

Rebeya fidgets.
Rebeya attends to her light wool skirt, making the
skirt as presentable as possible.

Myrisa laughs at Rebeya!
Rebeya asks, "Who should I speak to about my
runestaff?"

Rebeya runs a hand over her waist-length flame-hued
red hair, trying to make herself presentable.
Dazmar says, "Hes done for the evening."
Dazmar nods to Rebeya.
Rebeya says, "Oh."
Xojium says, "Not the greatest design for this
late..."
Myrisa's jaw drops.
Rebeya begins pouting.
Myrisa begins pouting.
Dazmar begins chuckling at Xojium!
Speaking to Rebeya, Myrisa says, "I'm sorry."
Rebeya asks, "Can I do something to earn it?"
Tolwynn says, "So speak to whomever you wish, for what
it'll do."
Rebeya asks, "Sing a song, do a dance?"
Myrisa grins at Rebeya.
Rebeya asks, "Be really flirty?"
Dazmar begins chuckling at Tolwynn!
Xojium says, "Flirty."
Xojium snickers.
Xojium says, "Try it."

Rebeya smiles.
Xojium says, "And hold onto your limbs."
Neopuron says, "Put ye tounge in his ear."
Rebeya runs a hand over her waist-length flame-hued
red hair, trying to make herself presentable.
Myrisa laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
Neopuron nods to Rebeya.
Xojium says, "As I remove them."
Rebeya ponders.

Rebeya asks, "Will the limb removing cost me the
staff?"

Rebeya says, "I may be willing to trade... if that is
what you're into."
Myrisa laughs at Rebeya!
Ana glances at Rebeya.

Ana winces.
Rebeya says, "I know a bunch of guys in Solhaven
really are into limb removing."
Bekke says, "Stick your tongue in his ear. he likes
that."
Rebeya says, "I'm not really good at that kind of
flirty."

Rebeya smiles at Xojium.

Myrisa begins chuckling at Rebeya!

(Rebeya flips back a strand of her hair past her
forehead.)

Speaking to Xojium, Rebeya says, "So..."

Speaking flirtatiously to Xojium, Rebeya asks, "What
is a dark elf like you doing in a graveyard like
this?"
Ketum snickers.
Neopuron is admiring Rebeya.
Xojium glances at a dragon-carved faewood staff.
(Landrai waits for limbs to fly)
Pickerin says, "Humans gittin blowed up is always
fun."

Rebeya says, "Ears are so.... mmm.... pointy."
Myrisa laughs!
Rebeya bats her eyelashes.

Xojium snaps his fingers at Jinsem.
Jinsem offers Xojium a Wehnimer's promissory note.

Pickerin exclaims, "Well? Blow 'er up already!"
Pickerin snickers.
Pickerin ducks his head.
Speaking to Xojium, Rebeya says, "And your cloak is so
beautiful, brings out your eyes."

Tolwynn says, "Heh, maybe he can return the favor."
Tolwynn says, "Bring out yours."

Rebeya says, "I find that my eyes look better, when
they remain in my skull, thank you."
Rebeya nods to Tolwynn.

Speaking to Xojium, Rebeya asks, "So, what time do you
get out of here?"

Xojium says, "I'll chat for a few after this, but
soon."

Rebeya glances at Myrisa.
Myrisa nods to Rebeya.
(Rebeya runs her tongue slowly over her upper lip.)

Rebeya says, "Mmm, the pie was amazing."

(Rebeya runs her hand through her flame-hued hair.)

Rebeya says, "My, walking among the dead can make it
so very steamy..."
Rebeya asks, "Is it hot in here?"
Jinsem smirks.
Xojium glances at Rebeya.
Rebeya says, "I'm so very hot..."
Xojium glances at Myrisa.
Myrisa nods to Xojium.
Xojium says, "Evidently you don't READ THE SIGN."

In the Common language, it reads:
All of my robes and staves have a set of five random
actions, and no more than ten actions can be assigned.
Ensure you have WORN my robes before giving them to
me. Others robes can only be worked on if they are
armor, and others staves must be runestaves. I will
do the following types of work:

Adding five random actions: 50,000 silver
Adding a specific action: 100,000 silver per
Adding magics to other staves/robes: 1,000,000 silver

Finally, Keep your bloody tongue out of my ear.

-Xojium

(Rebeya pulls slightly at her bodice trying to let
some air in.)

Neopuron grins at Xojium.
Myrisa looks over at Xojium and shakes her head.
Jinsem rudely says, "Kill them."

Jinsem nods to Xojium.
Xojium says, "Stick your tongue in my ear again, and
I'll start removing body parts."
Rebeya says, "I didn't stick my tongue in anyone's
ear."
Dazmar agrees with Jinsem.
Jinsem rudely says, "Teach them manners."
Rebeya folds her arms over her chest.
Jinsem nods.
Rebeya says, "Fine."
Firnaya squints at Rebeya.

Ketum mutters something about Xojium.
Xojium mutters under his breath.
Neopuron exclaims, "I know he can do it too!"
Neopuron laughs!

Jinsem rudely says, "Non readers are the name of the
land."
Jinsem rudely says, "Bane too."
Jinsem nods.
Rebeya says, "I read quite well, thank you."
Dazmar says, "I can teach them some manners."
Bekke says, "Thank you both, very much."
Dazmar steeples his fingers slowly as a smirk plays
across his lips. His eyes narrow into mere slits as
he glances around.
Myrisa looks suddenly rather ill.
Dazmar stands up.
Speaking to Rebeya, Myrisa asks, "Are your limbs going
to be removed too?"
Firnaya glances over at Myrisa and winces.
Myrisa stares at Xojium.
Speaking to Myrisa, Rebeya says, "No, I'd rather not."
Myrisa's jaw drops.
Speaking to Myrisa, Rebeya says, "Have had enough of
that recently."

Myrisa folds her arms over her chest.
Myrisa bats her eyelashes.
(Rebeya idly attends to her skirt, running her hands
up and down its creases.)
A wound opens up on Myrisa's head!
A pained expression crosses Rebeya's face.
Dazmar mutters under his breath.
Myrisa whines.
Myrisa stamps her feet.
Dazmar snickers at Myrisa.

Jinsem rudely exclaims, "Squirter!"
Rebeya says, "That isn't an attractive look for you,
hun."
Jinsem points at Myrisa.
Ketum says, "That's not even the painful part yet."
Ketum nods to Myrisa.
Myrisa stares off into space.
Myrisa says, "I can heal it.."
Speaking to Rebeya, Dazmar says, "You are none to be
talkin."
Myrisa's face turns slightly pale.

Jinsem rudely says, "I leak."
Jinsem glances at Dazmar.
Speaking to Dazmar, Rebeya asks, "Something look wrong
with me?"
Dazmar laughs at Jinsem!
Gushing wounds begin to open up across Myrisa's
extremities!
Neopuron gasps.
Speaking to Rebeya, Myrisa asks, "Why does everyone
want me dead?"

Firnaya's face turns slightly pale.
Jinsem rudely says, "Mostly crusted."
Myrisa screams and falls to the ground grasping her
mangled right leg!
Jinsem nods.
Rebeya examines Dazmar closely, sizing him up and
taking note of all the details.
Firnaya takes a few steps back.

Myrisa swears vehemently enough to scour the bark from
a tree.
Speaking to Dazmar, Rebeya says, "You aren't a beauty
queen yourself, you know."

Tolwynn says, "Going to need a mop."
Ketum leans against his pink and ocher staff, gazing
thoughtfully at his surroundings.

Speaking to Rebeya, Dazmar says, "Thats why i'm not a
criticizin."
Rebeya rolls her eyes.
Bekke glances at Ketum.

Dazmar says, "And not be flauntin myself round to get
work done."
Ketum snickers.
Speaking to Rebeya, Myrisa exclaims, "I did!"

Dazmar smirks.

Xojium glances at a rotted summoners staff capped with
a jagged shimmertine shard.
Bekke says, "Can I just say, that action is the best
thing I've seen."
Rebeya says, "I would make a rude remark about you,
but I'm afraid I would insult other people."
Bekke grins at Xojium.
Xojium glances at Jinsem.
Rebeya nods to Dazmar.
Bekke accepts Ketum's pink and ocher staff.
Jinsem rudely says, "Odd gem."
Jinsem nods.
Jinsem shrugs.
Myrisa sits up.
Jinsem rudely says, "Works for me."

Speaking to Xojium, Myrisa says, "Not very nice of
you."

Jinsem rudely says, "All not keep you here to be
talked at from lemmings."
Dazmar nods to Tolwynn.
Dazmar says, "Truth hurts."
Dazmar says, "All to be said."

Xojium nods to Jinsem.

Xojium taps the tip of his summoner's staff on the
ground sharply in annoyance.

Jinsem nods.
Speaking to Myrisa, Rebeya says, "With you, I always
feel like I'm watching a really awful gambling game."
Jinsem rudely asks, "All point it does ?"
Myrisa stares at Xojium.

Jinsem rudely asks, "Like I asked ?"
Jinsem glances at Xojium.
Speaking to Myrisa, Rebeya says, "Who knows when
you're going to get a limb blasted off."
Speaking to Rebeya, Myrisa exclaims, "I didn't do it!"
Myrisa laughs!
Dazmar says, "Who knows when we get peace and quiet."
Speaking to Rebeya, Myrisa says, "It could have been
worse, I suppose."
Dazmar smirks.
Dazmar says, "Ooh."
Myrisa murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
Myrisa gestures.
Myrisa's right hand looks better.
Dazmar says, "I keep thinkin out loud."
Dazmar slaps himself on the forehead.
Xojium offers Jinsem a rotted summoner's staff capped
with a jagged ruby shard.
Speaking to Myrisa, Rebeya says, "It could still get
worse, I imagine."
Jinsem accepts Xojium's summoner's staff.
Xojium says, "There..."
Myrisa glances at Xojium.
Jinsem points his summoner's staff at Dazmar.
Myrisa struggles to stand, but ends up falling over.
Jinsem taps Xojium lightly on his shoulder.
Firnaya yawns.
Myrisa whines.
Rebeya tries to pull Myrisa to her feet, but she is
too heavy.
Rebeya tries to pull Myrisa to her feet, but she is
too heavy.
Xojium says, "Now that that annoying buisness is
finished with."
Myrisa murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
Myrisa gestures.
Myrisa springs upright with amazing agility!
Rebeya grins at Myrisa.
You grin at Xojium.

Myrisa ponders.
Xojium coughs.
Jinsem offers Xojium a rotted summoner's staff capped
with a jagged ruby shard.
Dazmar nods.

Myrisa looks thoughtfully at Xojium.

Rebeya ponders.

Myrisa gawks at Xojium.

Speaking to Xojium, Rebeya asks, "So, I never got a
response from you, are you done for the evening?"
Jinsem rudely says, "Die."
Dazmar laughs!
Speaking to Xojium, Myrisa asks, "I'll leave if you do
her staff, nice deal?"
Myrisa peers quizzically at Xojium.
Rebeya gawks at Myrisa.
Dazmar laughs!
Xojium glances at a dragon carved faewood staff
topped with a ruby orb.
Xojium glances at Dazmar.
Speaking to Myrisa, Rebeya says, "You are totally
asking for it."
Speaking to Rebeya, Myrisa asks, "I thought it was
nice?"

Speaking to Myrisa, Rebeya says, "Try to be cordial,
just a second."
Dazmar laughs at Jinsem!
Xojium says, "Now, with that annoying buisness done
for SURE..."

Speaking to Rebeya, Myrisa asks, "I wasn't?"
Speaking to Xojium, Rebeya says, "So, um..."
Rebeya lowers her head in a shy manner laces her
fingers behind her back and scuffs the ground with her
foot.

Landrai says, "I believe someone in the room said he
was done."

Dazmar says, "Aye."
Dazmar offers Xojium a dragon carved faewood staff
capped with a ruby orb.
Rebeya says, "He did not announce it himself, though."

Xojium glances at a dragon-carved faewood staff
capped with a ruby orb.

Xojium mutters under his breath.
Firnaya says, "Yes, he did. You just didn't hear it,
because you were apparently having hot flashes. That
happens when you get old, I hear."
Neopuron says, "One can always hope he does a few
more."

Firnaya coughs.
Dazmar says, "Aye."
Rebeya raises an eyebrow in Firnaya's direction.
Xojium snickers.
Myrisa laughs!
Dazmar says, "You got all hot, and bothered, us."

Ketum laughs softly, trying to hide his amusement.
Dazmar stands up.

Dazmar nods to Jinsem.
Dazmar waves to Xojium.
Neopuron buries his face in his hands.
Rebeya says, "No, what he said was, try flirty."
Dazmar says, "Good luck with that."
Dazmar points his faewood staff at Rebeya.
Rebeya says, "That was the extent of my
communication."

Xojium says, "Try flirty and lose limbs is what I
said."

Xojium coughs.

Myrisa nods to Rebeya.
Xojium nods.

Rebeya stares off into space.

Myrisa grins at Rebeya.

Firnaya grins at Asmodea.

Myrisa looks thoughtfully at Rebeya.
Rebeya gazes heavenward.
Xojium says, "Yes, I'll be around tomorrow."

Myrisa sighs.
Myrisa sighs.

Myrisa mutters under her breath.
Speaking to Myrisa, Rebeya says, "I still need to find
someone to talk to the dead."

Speaking to Rebeya, Myrisa says, "I have no idea how."

Rebeya sighs.

Rebeya nods to Myrisa.
Rebeya says, "A pleasure, everyone."
Myrisa's group just went out.

:rolleyes:

Toxicvixen
11-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Wow Merchant Whore to say the least. I would have wanted to kill her myself.

Amaron
11-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Toxicvixen
Wow Merchant Whore to say the least. I would have wanted to kill her myself.

Amusing to say the least...

Something different for me to read besides the election...

J

Rebeya
11-03-2004, 01:41 PM
Won't even try to defend myself. I had just arrived for the first time at Ebon's Gate (late, late Saturday night) after a Green Day concert, and I wanted to have some fun. But hey, if I'm a merchant whore, than at least make it interesting, right?

AnticorRifling
11-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Ebon gate.

Eiderfleur
11-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Not really sure where to post, but since I've seen Warclaidhm in the graveyard dig area a lot recently. I can only assume it is his post on the official boards, I've noticed a lot of posts by what I presume to be him there recently.

CLAYMORE320

Ignore Author

Email Author

GM's..are there anymore good treasure to be found in gravedigging? · on 11/3/2004 4:18:40 PM 1690

My friend and I Kalivar have been treasure digging in the graveyard all yesterday and today (since no merchants are around.) Along with several other people who have been digging. No one has found a single unique item.

My question is, and this is to the GM who posted before about the good treasures there:

"Are there anymore unique items to be had?" I recently have 2 million in coins that I plan to spend all or most of it on these boxes if there are some items left, and I don't want to waste it all if there are none!

My friend Kalivar found some unique actioned beard clips several days ago but there has been nothing found since then to my knowledge.

Thank you.

Eiderfleur
11-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Eiderfleur
"Are there anymore unique items to be had?" I recently have 2 million in coins that I plan to spend all or most of it on these boxes if there are some items left, and I don't want to waste it all if there are none!

[/i]

Also I thought he had no money whatsoever, hence all the begging for silvers claiming to have merely 5000 silvers in his account.

Someone please tell me if Claymore320 is actually Warclaidhm or not!

Farquar
11-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Thats Warclaidhm all right.

Eiderfleur
11-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Thats Warclaidhm all right.

Ah ok It figured.

Especially when he talked to Eiderfleur while she was digging for loot.

This isnt an exact quote but it was something to the effect of:

Warclaidhm "I like the way you have been roleplaying recently"
Eiderfleur "It's no different to what it has been for the last year, but thanks anyway"
Warclaidhm "Yeah good job"

I can only assume he has been hanging around the official boards a lot recently and noticed that I received a golden kobold award from some folk during the festival.

Otherwise I have never really had any real interaction with Warclaidhm at all except him asking me for spells and my spelling him up.

Shari
11-03-2004, 05:49 PM
I was wondering if someone was going to post that little thread he made. I could help but stare gape-mouthed at the screen at what total idiocy was displayed.

I say this because there was a post explaining how all 4 shadow weapons were found.

Eiderfleur
11-03-2004, 05:54 PM
There was a recent post claiming they were putting a few more toys up for folks. Something about things for pures and rogues. I don't recall the exact wording.

Asha
11-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Ebon gate is not a good idea for us poor Brits . .
I had to sit upstairs drinking espresso all night last year while my housemates and friends had a real good time downstairs.
Alllll fucking night I waited for alters then when it was one dude before me . .

Disfucking connected

I went nuts and Chica had to take over .
My temper just went through the roof so I went downstairs and got hammered .
the next day I went to play a gig with big red hung over - stay up too late eyes and it was a nightmare.
Fuck Ebon gate
Fuck It!

Shimm

Eiderfleur
11-03-2004, 06:21 PM
God I know the feeling!!!!

*CRIE*
Its after 11pm right now, and I soooo want a snake on my runestaff and am considering staying up till 4am just in case they turn up!

Its my birthday in 40 minutes! RAR!

Asha
11-03-2004, 06:30 PM
WOW Eid!
Go you , happy umm . . actually I'd better wait till the day eh?

Where in England by the way?
You're probably in the same building as me. . and if you are , could you please root through your handbag (not purse :lol:) and gimme all your Anedin?

Arrrrrgg

Shimm

Eiderfleur
11-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Heh

Was in London, moved to Bath in August when my fiance bought a flat here.

Asha
11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Nice :)

Tell ya something . . London is doing NOTHING for my WARMometer right now .
hope it's all going well for ya over there. . . wherever in this country bath is :?:
hah
Shimm

Brattt8525
11-03-2004, 10:32 PM
You know, today a friend who hasn't been on for obvious reasons wanted an item done at the alterer. I told them that I would stay sitting there all night and give up my spot to get it done for them. So I did, 7 and a half hours of sitting there, and low and behold the merchant comes, I am very happy. He picks me, I am even happier, because I know this person will be so very excited that I was able to get th3e alter done for them.

The alterer says which God for a clasp....damnit, god god god who do they like damnit damnit....I say the gods name wrong, and the crowd gets on my case, people are making fun of me, I, am tired, I am embarrassed, I tell the alterer to just give me back the cloak.

Maybe I was too sensitive but sheesh I am doing a favor, I was flipping because I didnt want to get the wrong god, I mispelled the gods name and a few in the place act like I am a complete moron.

I am so sorry I paid this RL money to have been aggravated by assholes who thrive on making others feel badly.

I am so ticked off, I enjoyed most of my time, but the merchant whores ruined it for me.

Asha
11-03-2004, 10:44 PM
You should have got the alter without having to do ANYTHING after you pay money for it.
I hate that shit.
And all the shits who where taking the piss out of you, They were probably sitting there just as long as you and long after you had huffed off . . hopefully they were snubbed in some way too .
All Im saying is . . you pay the money , it should be DEAD cirtain you get at least 1 alter.
Only the ones after that should be subjected to ''Only if you can RP the way I want it, or it's a big NO''.
However much the festival costs , it should provide something you want.
Oh and your friend , you shouda punched his lights out!

Shimm

Edited because Im angry

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by Drayal]

Brattt8525
11-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Actually all those who showed up weren't sitting there as long as I was. That isn't what makes me upset, what ticked me off was I was doing this for a friend, I could have been working on my guild reps, I could have gotten my alter done. I choose to sit there and wait, hoping he would come back so my friend could have the alter they wanted. They weren't there for a good reason, and I wanted to be a friend.

I freaked when the alterer asked what god...I do not do gods, I was going ok ok ok I seen my friend touch a ring ....I said Leyan? to which I was made to feel like an ass.

I am upset, I will get over it, it just irks me when people are just assholes.

Sorry

Kitsun
11-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Shouldn't feel bad about it, Bratt. Not everyone is an encyclopedia of all that is Elanthia. Just FYI, you could scope out the convert verb for god names.

As for Drayal's commentary... man you need to relax some. The events are marketed primarily for the experience, not the promise or guarantee of any service. GM's tend to knock themselves out trying to find people so they can walk away with at least one service but some people are just insanely good at hiding. It happens every freaking pay event.

Asha
11-03-2004, 11:07 PM
No no no . .
My point still stands about deserving at least SOMETHING automaticly for paying the cash to go fest.

and the fact you did'nt know the god or whatever makes it funny, seeing as you had 7 hours to think about it.

still, chin up.

Shimm

Brattt8525
11-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Drayal
No no no . .
My point still stands about deserving at least SOMETHING automaticly for paying the cash to go fest.

and the fact you did'nt know the god or whatever makes it funny, seeing as you had 7 hours to think about it.

still, chin up.

Shimm

Aww I do not go expecting an alter, and I didn't expect him to ask me about a god for the clasp. I just cut and pasted what my friend wanted, then he said which God for the clasp, answer or its a moonstone...I was like ummm WTheck....gah must not screw up friends alter! :D

Kitsun
11-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Your automatic entitlement for payment at a GS event is the right of entry. Heh.

This is a rather moot argument given the fact that even without guarantees: EG sold like 700 tickets.

Basically all merchant-based events in the past have sold out. Maybe only 1 of the 3 Dhu runs hasn't.

Kainen
11-03-2004, 11:12 PM
when I said I hadn't gotten one alter the whole time I was there.. people were astonished.. "where have you been" and "why not" I'll tell you why not I am not going to try to compete with people (AKA Merchant whores) to get one of my items changed.. especially when it's not garunteed (pardon my spelling) to come out exactly the way you want. I't just NOT worth MY time and MY effort when it's something I dont want that bad after I PAYED to go to this event.. did I have fun.. yep.. did I get an alter.. yes.. but not for me.. for someone who couldnt go to Ebon Gate.

Asha
11-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Sigh . .
Just hated my experience with the festivals , thats all.
But . . ah , looking back it was DAMN atmospheric and I have fond memories .
But still. . .
Must . . remain . . . calm.

Toothache . . toothache

Shimm
:tissue:

Kitsun
11-03-2004, 11:19 PM
That is the nature of the beast. A measure of how much you want one is how much effort you're willing to put into it. You pay to have an equal opportunity to recieve an alter, not receive an equal amount of alters.

The whole process really isn't as daunting, complex or difficult as it seems. I actually have fun doing it. Going in with the mindset that it is a waste of time and energy means that you're determing the outcome before you start.

Kainen
11-03-2004, 11:22 PM
No no.. see I went in with a noncommital attitude to alters.. till I started seeing some of the stuff going on. I simply decided that the frustration is not worth my time or effort for something I felt I didn't need.. however that doesn't mean that I can't feel disgusted at people who do the crap that that one girl did.

Asha
11-03-2004, 11:23 PM
::Going in with the mindset that it is a waste of time and energy means that you're determing the outcome before you start. ::

Or accepting it.

Don't fuck with me on this . .

Shimm

Trinitis
11-03-2004, 11:25 PM
The fact of the matter is, there are merchant whores. The main way to avoid said merchant whores is to not go to places like Ebon Gate.

My girlfriend loved Ebon last time we went, and wanted to go again this year. I personally had a blast with her, even if we only got a few hours together there. She got to hang out with Chica for a while, which I'm REALLY happy about, because she rarely sees the few friends she has in game anymore.

I guess all I'm trying to say is, you pay for the experience. Its not the GM's fault if your experience was not par with what you wanted. :)

Hopefully if you go to another merchant thing such as this, you'll have a better time :)

Kainen
11-03-2004, 11:26 PM
I said.. and I quote.. "I see I went in with a noncommital attitude to alters" noncommital means you dont feel one way or the other.. that opinion changed when and I quote again "I started seeing some of the stuff going on"

Kitsun
11-03-2004, 11:26 PM
I assure you that anyone that so desires can walk out of certain events with 30+ services. It really is just a question of how hard you're willing to work for it.

Asha
11-03-2004, 11:27 PM
::She got to hang out with Chica for a while, which I'm REALLY happy about::

Did you get to watch?

Shimm

Trinitis
11-03-2004, 11:30 PM
are you kidding? Chica hates Adredrin :cry:

Stunseed
11-03-2004, 11:33 PM
< Did you get to watch? >

I want a log of that action.

Asha
11-03-2004, 11:35 PM
:: I assure you that anyone that so desires can walk out of certain events with 30+ services. It really is just a question of how hard you're willing to work for it. ::

The person in front of me was Augie

Funny you should say that.

Shimm

Trinitis
11-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Stunseed
< Did you get to watch? >

I want a log of that action.

I dono if I should laugh or be upset, bro :(

Stunseed
11-03-2004, 11:51 PM
I'm jus playing, bro. I'm not into the halfling pr0n.

Asha
11-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Halflings involved in Cybering

umm no

Shimm

Trinitis
11-03-2004, 11:54 PM
LOL, I know ;)

And I love my halflin damnit! Shes hawt.

Stunseed
11-04-2004, 12:40 AM
I'd like to give a hearty thumbs down to Mortina, who after having people in waiting for her for close to four hours, puts up a 10 person list, which people script themselves on < THANKS TSIN! > . I might be over-reacting but I honestly believe that doing room order/spinners would have been alot more fair to those who stuck it out for work.

Chyrain
11-04-2004, 01:44 AM

I am so ticked off, I enjoyed most of my time, but the merchant whores ruined it for me.

oh my god...i was there and frankly, you are totally blowing the whole situation out of porportion. If you get so cranky sitting in a game for 7 hours, perhaps you shouldn't sit in the game for 7 hours...friend or not.

People teased you because the Merchant was teasing you. Nontay friggin' teased a bunch of people in that room tonight. He even made someone get on her knees and beg him for her item back. Then he promptly embarrassed her by coldly telling her to leave. If you hadn't left in such a huff perhaps you would have seen that and realized it was just the spirit of roleplay and no whores were present...

Hanksbane
11-04-2004, 01:46 AM
Okay...I know you were upset and all but man...the merchant was Nontay! The most evil merchant that I ever saw.. He went out of his way to kill people pieing him. He said it himself, "I'm an ass. It's what I do."

As for the other people there..yeah we were just flingin some shit. It happenes to the best of us..we make a mistake, people are there to witness it...sometimes we get shit for it, life goes on. It's human nature. Doesn't make us all assholes. If yoou've never once flung some shit at someone for a mistake, then by golly you must be a saint.

As for the comment about how everyone that paid get an alter...pfffft. It's not called the "Gimme an Alter" event its a bloody festival! I don't go to the circus demanding a bloody balloon in the shape of an elephant, If I want one I go find the clown makin em.

And not everyone of us at a merchant is a merchant whore. We know a merchant is around, if we want the service we go and deal with whatever is there. yes there are those that go to every single merchant and walk away with 30+ services..maybe thats fun for them..me I like a bit of the merchant thing, met a lot of cool people that way. Then I go for the games and stuff and shop. IF the so called merchant whores can do all that, more power to em, they must be machines.

Uh okay its late and Im tired....end rant

Burning Scorpion
11-04-2004, 02:23 AM
What exactly happened at Nontay's?

11-04-2004, 02:24 AM
Nontay has given me an aneurism.

4a6c1
11-04-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Chyrain

People teased you because the Merchant was teasing you. Nontay friggin' teased a bunch of people in that room tonight. He even made someone get on her knees and beg him for her item back. Then he promptly embarrassed her by coldly telling her to leave. If you hadn't left in such a huff perhaps you would have seen that and realized it was just the spirit of roleplay and no whores were present...

Yes, please just be happy Nontay did not track you down to a table in Landing and threaten to turn your evil warcloak into a frilly pink dress.

<<twitch>>

Also, I've heard of him doing worse to characters than teasing. Namely, torture. ;)

Brattt8525
11-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Chyrain
[quote]Originally posted by Brattt8525

oh my god...i was there and frankly, you are totally blowing the whole situation out of porportion. If you get so cranky sitting in a game for 7 hours, perhaps you shouldn't sit in the game for 7 hours...friend or not.

If your character enjoys being made fun of, then kudos to you. No I didn't find it funny, I found it rude, granted no one but I knew I was doing this for a friend.

I didn't want to mess the item up, I was panicking and having said the name wrong Leyan vs Leya.

Anyway I was over my semi rant before I went to bed last night. I think I will go back to paying people to get me alters. Its frustrating and most of the time you sit there having to watch some <general> idiots ass kissing merchant whores for way to long! :D

Kainen
11-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Nontay came into the Flying Pies Bakery in EG when I was in there and said everyone was going to die.. and next thing I know.. 3 people were dead.. I ran for it

Brattt8525
11-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Nontay came into the Flying Pies Bakery in EG when I was in there and said everyone was going to die.. and next thing I know.. 3 people were dead.. I ran for it

Yes I was there in Nontays that day. Someone in the "Spirit of roleplay" decided hitting himn in the face with pies was "fun"

They were right in that he had FUN killing them. It was funny when he came back with heads attached to him, blood on him even in his hair!

Kainen
11-04-2004, 08:24 AM
I would have deserved it had I been one of the people sending him pies.. but I wasnt LOL

Eiderfleur
11-04-2004, 08:28 AM
I personally really enjoyed my time at Ebon Gate. I have had people mutter things at Eiderfleur in Frost Acres assuming she was acting the way she does purely to get attention. However, anyone who has spent any time with Eiderfleur will soon realise she acts that way all the time, only when I am totally shattered will I tone down Eider's hyperactivity.

Eider R hobbit on speed!

Nieninque
11-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Yes I was there in Nontays that day. Someone in the "Spirit of roleplay" decided hitting himn in the face with pies was "fun"

It was fun.
Seriously...people get far too involved in this game...FAR too involved.

"OMG someone in this text-based game didnt get to change the appearance of a piece of text that I have control over through my computer. My life is coming to an end!!!!111!11!11"

/sarcasm

Please please pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeee people...get a life. Alters are fun, but it isnt the end of the world.

AnticorRifling
11-04-2004, 08:42 AM
In your opinion.

That's like saying I only do alittle coke but that guy, that guy! He's got a problem.

We all do the drug, don't look down on others for the degree of their addiction heh.

Man I'm good.

HouseofElves
11-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Well. Hrm. Let me say a few things.

First of all, to Elegance, I am sorry if the teasing done in Nontay's hurt your *personal* feelings. It was never intended to be anything else except role-play. I know I can't speak for the others but I know some fo them fairly well and they would never intented to ruin someone else's night.

And yes, I was the one who had to get on my knees for Nontay. I as a player was utterly embarrased and groaning(my character had different thoughts), especially since I was exhusted after studying for a French final, but I knew it was all in the spirit of entertainment. And so I went along with it.

I know merchant events can be grating, especially when you are forced up at all hours and merchants ALWAYS seem to stop in front of you. It is annoying. Then you have the so-called "merchant whores" and just annoying assholes. It totally can get on your nerves but EG should be fun and most everything in Gemstone, much like the PC should be taken with a grain of salt.

Brattt8525
11-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque

It was fun.

"OMG someone in this text-based game didnt get to change the appearance of a piece of text that I have control over through my computer. My life is coming to an end!!!!111!11!11"

/sarcasm

Please please pleaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeee people...get a life. Alters are fun, but it isnt the end of the world.

Who the hell said their life was coming to an end? WTF are you referring to?

Caiylania
11-04-2004, 04:45 PM
I was the friend. I bought one of the cloaks with hood and clasp actions. The clasp choices were not suited to Caiy at all so all week I tried to catch him for an alter. I either wouldn't get picked or I would be so tired waiting for him (by 1/2am my time) that I would fall asleep. Tara offered to take the time and get it for me when I told her I couldn't wait anymore because I had keyboard imprint on my forehead.

So, regardless of it all. Thankyou, Tara. For all you did to get me that alter. I had no idea til I read this that you would even have had to wait that long.

You are a good friend.

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by Caiylania]

4a6c1
11-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Ok. I'm confused. Someone define merchant whore for me so I can know wtf some of these conversations are about.

Ilvane
11-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Did any of you get any rings from the gravediggers? I got a nice one, but it doesn't sing well.

Anyone?

-A

CrystalTears
11-04-2004, 07:34 PM
It was fun.

Alright so we won't be seeing any posts or threads from you about an interaction that you didn't agree with, right? I mean it's just text. You shouldn't take it seriously.. right?

Whether you have or not I can't remember. Just making sure we're on the same page here, that alters are not okay to complain about but poaching/killing/antagonizing each other's character is.

Brattt8525
11-04-2004, 07:39 PM
:heart: CT

Nieninque
11-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

It was fun.

Alright so we won't be seeing any posts or threads from you about an interaction that you didn't agree with, right? I mean it's just text. You shouldn't take it seriously.. right?

Absolutely right.

Whether you have or not I can't remember. Just making sure we're on the same page here, that alters are not okay to complain about but poaching/killing/antagonizing each other's character is.

To be honest, getting uptight about any part of it is daft. I know I have been guilty of it at times, that doesnt make it right. It is a game after all :)

Nieninque
11-04-2004, 07:43 PM

It was fun.

/sarcasm

The pie stuff...some people were really getting uptight about it. Life coming to an end was a little exaggeration, but not by far

Brattt8525
11-04-2004, 07:50 PM
It was fun.

/sarcasm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pie stuff...some people were really getting uptight about it. Life coming to an end was a little exaggeration, but not by far

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I didn't say, or get uptight about it, so do not put my post in there making it look like I was the uptight one about the pie throwing.

Kitsun
11-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Ok. I'm confused. Someone define merchant whore for me so I can know wtf some of these conversations are about.

Depends on who you ask.

Loosely defined: To some people - it is anyone who is always getting alters. These are typically people who don't like the whole process to begin with and just toss everyone into a big bin.

Slightly narrowed: People who have high levels of interaction between themselves and the merchant.

Narrow: People that constantly beg, whine, plead, compliment and ooze on a merchant in the hopes of obtaining an alter.

I use the narrow viewpoint. People that are upset will use any of the three but typically the more blanket ones. I'm sure we could come up with more if we tried.

Kainen
11-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Wait for Nontay..

Cristalia playfully asks, "Why are you wearing a bodice Sergey?"

Cristalia giggles.

Wulfhen nods

Sergey exclaims, "Its 8x!"

Massima says, "To support his breasts."

You try hard not to grin.

Massima nods to Cristalia.

Massima exclaims, "Of course!"

Aeraelena giggles.

Lysistrata smirks.

Cristalia laughs at Massima!

Sergey snorts.

Arianette snickers.

Cristalia pulls Sergey closer to herself.

Cristalia playfully says, "Gimmie."

Aeraelena softly says, "It makes you look rather Demure."

Cristalia playfully exclaims, "I wanna wear it!"

Aeraelena nods to Sergey.

Sergey says, "My breast do not need supporting."

Tsin chuckles.

Sergey says, "They're perky."

Berwin blinks.

Berwin blinks.

Aeraelena giggles.

Speaking to Sergey, Massima says, "I don't know. Saggy."

Berwin drools.

Massima gazes heavenward.

Ana glances over at Sergey and winces.

Massima agrees with Ana.

Ana says, "Things we don't need to know."

Arianette grins at Cristalia.

Varuka examines Sergey closely, sizing him up and taking note of all the details.

Sergey attends to his white-frosted bodice, making the bodice as presentable as possible.

crazymage
11-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Fabricated

Kainen
11-04-2004, 10:06 PM
maybe I should have posted this on that crossdressing "Is He/Isn't He thread

Shari
11-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Narrow: People that constantly beg, whine, plead, compliment and ooze on a merchant in the hopes of obtaining an alter.

This is EXACTLY what I consider a merchant whore. I commend those who are able to get a bunch of alters, as they've likely busted their ass, and/or camped their ass off in order to get them.

High levels of merchant interaction aren't BAD as long as their not practically licking their toes in admiration of said-merchant.

My two cents.

Brattt8525
11-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Jesae

This is EXACTLY what I consider a merchant whore. I commend those who are able to get a bunch of alters, as they've likely busted their ass, and/or camped their ass off in order to get them.

High levels of merchant interaction aren't BAD as long as their not practically licking their toes in admiration of said-merchant.

My two cents.

:yeahthat:

Eiderfleur
11-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Figured since a few of you folks may not have gotten alters

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=5&topic=2&message= 1950

If you got absolutely no services done at Ebon's Gate, contact me via my PLAY.NET address and I'll be happy to rectify the situation. For anyone that wasn't in Rentell's shop, I consider services as any interaction with a GM run character that resulted in something unique (feature, alter, plant.....the list goes on).

Honestly, I'd be surprised if anyone does so, but I'll still offer. Just try to get to me as soon as possible.

Thanks

~ Tilmont.

4a6c1
11-05-2004, 01:07 AM
HAHAHAH

>sniff eider
She smells just like Eiderfleur.
>
Eiderfleur tries to imitate something, but you can't tell what.
>eat eider
You gently bite Eiderfleur.
>
Eiderfleur tries to imitate something, but you can't tell what.
>cack
You cackle!
>
Eiderfleur mutters something better left unheard in a stout vultite banded mossbark staff with a double-headed black mamba wrapped around it's direction.
>l
[Keeper's Circle]
The smell of water is heavy in the air, coming from the glassine lake at the end of the weathered wooden dock. Two albatross wheel overhead, their huge wings stretched out to catch the currents of air with a minimum of effort. The soft sounds of water slapping against the shore are soothing, creating a preternatural melancholy in those that pass close by. You also see a large dark wooden wagon etched with a slender blade upon its door and a small patchwork lean-to.
Also here: Eiderfleur
Obvious paths: north, south
>
Eiderfleur does a skillful imitation of a stout vultite banded mossbark staff with a double-headed black mamba wrapped around it.
>
Eiderfleur grins like an idiot.
>'halfling for dinner!
You exclaim, "Halfling for dinner!"
>cheer
You let out a cheer!
>
Eiderfleur gawks at you.
>
Eiderfleur faces you and shrieks at the top of her lungs!
>fret
You fret.
>'i need a cauldron
You say, "I need a cauldron."
>
Eiderfleur whispers, "I think serpantis has gone to bed."
>
Eiderfleur glances at you and begins to wail!
>'im going to find a cauldron to cook you in
You say, "Im going to find a cauldron to cook you in."
>'stay put
You say, "Stay put."
>nod eider
You nod to Eiderfleur.
>l>
Eiderfleur's jaw drops.
>
Eiderfleur just tiptoed south.
>n

PS. Nilandia is uber nice....just in case you all didnt know already

Galleazzo
11-05-2004, 01:41 AM
Actually all those who showed up weren't sitting there as long as I was. That isn't what makes me upset, what ticked me off was I was doing this for a friend, I could have been working on my guild reps, I could have gotten my alter done. I choose to sit there and wait, hoping he would come back so my friend could have the alter they wanted. They weren't there for a good reason, and I wanted to be a friend.

I freaked when the alterer asked what god...I do not do gods, I was going ok ok ok I seen my friend touch a ring ....I said Leyan? to which I was made to feel like an ass.

I am upset, I will get over it, it just irks me when people are just assholes.
Slow down there a bit, sport.

1) No one made you sit 7 hours. You did that your ownself. I wouldn't sit 7 hours in a line for any fucking thing in all the world 'cept maybe hot monkey sex with Kate Winslet.

2) Altaerations happen all over the frigging world all of the frigging time. Especially no one needs to stand in line for that long for a goddamn alter.

3) Some blokes are serious in what they do, dig? Are you a "guild whore" because you like doing stupid repetitive guild reps? If you went to a football game, and you acted all "I don't get it, what's with the ball, and why are you idiots cheering for the team in the white?" would you yell "Football whores!" at anyone staring you down? Do we yell "Dueling whore" or "level whore" at anyone here?

3) This is a game. It's only a frigging game.

Stunseed
11-05-2004, 01:57 AM
< Do we yell "Dueling whore" >

You and I both yell at them. You know, the people who make dumb "I PWN3D THEM!" threads. Those are dueling whores. :yes:

Nilandia
11-05-2004, 02:43 AM
PS. Nilandia is uber nice....just in case you all didnt know already
Pfft. You could have used it more than I could and you know it! Too bad Serpantis didn't come back, though. Woulda been nice to get one myself.

Enjoy your snakey!

Nilandia

Stunseed
11-05-2004, 03:57 AM
It took me like 10 minutes to kill this f'in pinata....

You feel the pointed stick connect firmly with the Zelia moon pinata, and hear a loud *POP* as it explodes.
A pearl necklace falls to the ground!
A vanilla-tipped truffle falls to the ground!
A cocoa-dusted truffle falls to the ground!
A nut-filled truffle falls to the ground!
A large gingerbread cookie falls to the ground!
A large butterscotch cookie falls to the ground!
A large chocolate chip cookie falls to the ground!
A small gold nugget falls to the ground!
A large butterscotch cookie falls to the ground!
>
Jolena quietly says, "Ooo you got a pearl necklace."

One must be a sick bastard to get the humor of this event.

Classic.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Stunseed]

Kainen
11-05-2004, 04:52 AM
So does that mean I am sick if i chuckled? :D

Caiylania
11-05-2004, 04:53 AM
But pearls are so perrrrrrty!

Stunseed
11-05-2004, 04:57 AM
Not on a man, they aren't.......

Maybe Tayre could pull it off, but Tayre's a dixiecup kinda guy.

HouseofElves
11-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Does it mean it's bad if I thought the same thing?

>touch my neck
You thumb your pearl necklace.

Stunseed
11-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Pearl necklaces are great for women to wear. :shibby:

Caiylania
11-06-2004, 06:39 AM
I got silver bars and gold nuggets. *cough*

Jolena
11-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Well let's just say that Stun and I are two peas in one fucked up pod because we had a blast with stuff like that. I truly had a good time except for Martina's or whatever her name was. That was kinda raw.

Anyhow, a BIG thumbs up to Jihna, Tayre, Michiko, Marluxian, Maimara (LOVED that RP girl!), Stunseed and Woulfgar. If I missed any, you know I had fun still. It was fun for me. And no, I didn't get a ton of alters but I didn't expect to. I went for the fun and games and rp interaction.

Caiylania
11-07-2004, 07:06 AM
I didn't see Maimara the whole time. WAIL

Shari
11-08-2004, 12:51 AM
Uh, yeah. You can also thank me for giving Stunseed a 3-second-on-the-spot alteration for you too.

<runs and hides>

Stunseed
11-08-2004, 12:56 AM
I gave you much chatLOVE you should have smoked a cigarette afterwards. Thanks again, BTW, she loved it, though I spent the time to research and stuff.

Hips
11-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Jolena
Anyhow, a BIG thumbs up to... Michiko,

No more stealing her tongue. :P

Shari
11-08-2004, 01:43 AM
Oh whatever..you threw up some nice flare and I put it together into a coherent sentence. <ducks>

And the chatLOVE? Man...I'm asking for the pearl necklace next time if that's all that kinda love I'm gettin'.

Trinitis
11-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Heh, stun got served :moon:

Stunseed
11-08-2004, 01:45 AM
I just can't believe she asked me to give her a pearl necklace.......

Jo's going to kill me.

Stunseed
11-08-2004, 01:48 AM
Ps. I got the items and did the research on their basis, you combined them perfectly, and got much love and eternal gratitude.

Also, no one let her know what a pearl necklace really means. I want to revel in the moment.

Jolena
11-08-2004, 01:49 AM
Teehee. Ya know..I'd comment but I'll just leeeet that one go. :)

Oh and jessa..you KNOW you were rolling when Jo snagged Michiko's tongue and refused to give it up until she nodded to apologize hehe.

Shari
11-08-2004, 02:16 AM
ACTUALLY, I know what a pearl necklace is.

I will let you re-read my last statement and re-interpret. :devil:

Caiylania
11-08-2004, 03:43 AM
You sick sick people!

:bleh: