PDA

View Full Version : Saw

Kite
10-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Anyone else going to see this friday? Looks similar to Seven, atleast what I gather from the trailor.

Eiderfleur
10-26-2004, 12:58 PM
I watched this last week with my fiance, I really liked it, I guess more could have been done with it, but it was good, and quite gory.

My fiance enjoyed it but rated it lower than Seven.

Kite
10-26-2004, 01:04 PM
I thought it didnt come out till October 29? You were able to get into a sneak preview??

My friend won't see it because he thinks it's just going to be senseless gore. Is he correct?? I'm going to see it regardless.

xtc
10-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Eiderfleur
I watched this last week with my fiance, I really liked it, I guess more could have been done with it, but it was good, and quite gory.

My fiance enjoyed it but rated it lower than Seven.

The Dingo ate your baby

Eiderfleur
10-26-2004, 01:07 PM
It's been out in the UK for a while now I think.

Personally I didn't see it as senseless gore. I really enjoyed it.

Nakiro
10-27-2004, 05:29 AM
Without giving everything away, what's the plot?

Beerbohm Tree
10-27-2004, 08:04 AM
I've never seen the trailers for this, some of my fiance's friends had seen the trailers and claimed it looked good. I love horror/thrillers, so when it was suggested I jumped at the chance to watch it.

Plot..... Hmmmm It's two blokes sitting in a room, trying to figure out why they are there, when it first started both of us immediately were reminded of the movie Cube (not sure if anyone here has seen that, I believe it's Canadian).

It also becomes apparent to one of them pretty early on that the person doing this to them has done similar things in the past.

Ugh I don't wanna give too much away. So that's all the info you're getting.

Eiderfleur
10-27-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm an idiot, I really shouldn't use my fiance's pc without checking who is logged into this site.

Well the above post is from me. I'll see if he can tell more about the movie without giving it all away, he might have seen the trailers for it on TV.

Kadumi
10-27-2004, 08:11 AM
teunny, if life were a final exam you'd fail

Kadumi
10-27-2004, 08:13 AM
also, <3 teunny

Betheny
10-27-2004, 08:23 AM
I already made one of these :(

Eiderfleur
10-27-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Kadumi
also, <3 teunny

<3 Briuan

How was I supposed to remember he had actually logged in. He's never posted here, the only reason he got an account here was because he wanted to see people's avatars and he couldn't unless he got an account and logged in heh.

MEN! FEH!

Beerbohm Tree
10-27-2004, 04:35 PM
The real Tree this time....

It was good. One review described it as "Intricately nasty" which I'd say is pretty fair. I'm not sure the actors were up to the plot though, which stopped it being a great. Definite Se7en influence there, but that's no bad thing.

Betheny
10-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Is this out already?

Sean
10-28-2004, 01:24 AM
I've been too lazy to DL it off my schools network. But htats probably because I can't say the movie has me interested. But if anyone sees it drop some reviews here I'll be interested to see what some other people have to say.

Drew2
10-31-2004, 04:02 AM
Yeah the acting was a little shoddy at first, but eventually you get into it and it's a FUCKED UP MOVIE.

The ending is completely surprising too, which is also good. You can usually guess at these kinds of movies, but really you have NO idea in the end.

I had to peek through my fingers a lot. There was some fucked up shit.

SpunGirl
10-31-2004, 07:35 AM
This dude I work with was telling me about one scene in particular in the movie, where the key is in the dude's stomach and the girl has to decide or whatever. Just him describing it to me made me want to vom.

-K

Syberus
10-31-2004, 10:25 AM
I think it had a lot of potential.. but I think they really fucked up the ending (those that saw captain whiney bitch know what i'm talking about) The whole movie theatre was laughing at that point.. which is usually a good indicator that your horror film has a few problems. It was seriously fucked up though, I certainly understand why they were so big about checking ID's that night.

Eiderfleur
10-31-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Syberus
captain whiney bitch

Captain Whiney Bitch???

Eh?

Kite
10-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Quite possibly the worst movie I have seen.

11-01-2004, 09:12 AM
The movie was pretty damn good. It was a toss up between the Grudge or Saw and I'm fucking glad I saw the latter. It had some pretty neat suspensful moments, the sets looks really damn good, and the whole atmosphere of the movie was great. No laughing at the theatre that I went too. Strongly suggest it. :thumbsup:

- Arkans

Eiderfleur
11-01-2004, 09:33 AM
I'm really glad I'm not the only one who really liked it hehehe I was starting to think I had awful tastes in movies or something.

<3 Arkans for having taste as awful as mine when it comes to movies!

Wezas
11-01-2004, 09:34 AM
A guy at work downloaded the movie early last week. It was a pretty decent movie. It was a bit Seven-ish, but the one aspect of the movie I didn't like was the "Phonebooth" aspect.

Where almost the entire movie takes place in one place (See the movie Phonebooth to get a better idea)

Makkah
11-01-2004, 09:35 AM
<<I've been too lazy to DL it off my schools network. But htats probably because I can't say the movie has me interested. But if anyone sees it drop some reviews here I'll be interested to see what some other people have to say.>>

Does this Message Board Forum not have a policy against blatantly supporting piracy? All the other boards I participate in have a strong policy against the mention of bootlegging...

rht

Fuck a bootlegger...

Wezas
11-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Makkah
Does this Message Board Forum not have a policy against blatantly supporting piracy? All the other boards I participate in have a strong policy against the mention of bootlegging...

rht

Fuck a bootlegger...

We aren't saying "Oh, here's the link if you want to download this movie".

Get a grip, get a life, and grow the fuck up.

Speaker
11-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Saw started out ok and the traps people were put in were fairly clever, but the last quarter of the movie was just awful. The ending, though surprising, was dumb, and the acting was shoddy. If you think about it, the movie actually had quite a few holes, especially on the police side of things.

Needless to say, I was quite dissapointed. :thumbsdown:

-David

11-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Eiderfleur
I'm really glad I'm not the only one who really liked it hehehe I was starting to think I had awful tastes in movies or something.

<3 Arkans for having taste as awful as mine when it comes to movies!

I like to call the taste more "REFINED". The rest just no decent taste! Feh!

- Arkans

PS: I <3 HORROR MOVIEZ

Makkah
11-01-2004, 03:09 PM
<<We aren't saying "Oh, here's the link if you want to download this movie". >>

Folks in entertainment aren't getting their come up because twits like you jack illegal shit. Yes, allow ME to get a life.

rht