PDA

View Full Version : Why don't monks hide?

rushblitz
07-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Since it helps UAC so much. It looks like monks have the tools to pull off hiding, 2x hide, shadow mastery, dirt kick is a possibility. Points look tight and ambush would only be 1x but it would solve the troublesome TD issue to some extent and would change the opening jab to punch from hiding with a chance to stun and kill. I'd go Half elf for being able to aim head, 10 agi for UAC, slight bonus to hiding. Has anyone else tried this ?

Androidpk
07-06-2015, 04:35 PM
I tried it briefly around level 70 and didn't really care for it over open UAC.

Archigeek
07-06-2015, 04:37 PM
The huge advantage that hiding gives to UAC just illustrates how messed up the UAC system is. Rogues and rangers are better at UAC than monks = fail.

Warriorbird
07-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Doable. Rogues are just way better.

rushblitz
07-06-2015, 05:07 PM
I tried it briefly around level 70 and didn't really care for it over open UAC.

Did punch to the head death crit a good % of the time from hiding as a monk ?

Donquix
07-06-2015, 05:12 PM
I think of it as more of a cap/post-cap goal. I already have next to no secondary training (just recently picked up some spell burst skills) and don't have any points to spare really. With no professional / spell bonus for hiding (afaik) i'd say it's 2x or bust to make s/h viable so that's an additional 9/6 TPs a level just for hiding, plus the same for ambush. So if you doubled both thats 18/12 a level, 12/8 if you just single ambush.

You'd have to sacrifice a lot just to be a really, really, really shitty rogue, basically.

edit: consequently that's why open ranged, if you forego UAC, is probably the strongest path for a monk. it's cheaper and you can afford most all the skills for it so instead of trying to ambush and be a really, really, really shitty rogue you ranged and are just a really shitty ranger.

Velfi
07-06-2015, 05:13 PM
The huge advantage that hiding gives to UAC just illustrates how messed up the UAC system is. Rogues and rangers are better at UAC than monks = fail.

That's my favorite part of monks.