PDA

View Full Version : 502 Errors

subzero
07-02-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm assuming this isn't a very widespread issue since people are still posting, but when I try to read most threads, I'm getting a bad gateway error.

Astray
12-08-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm also getting this now.

Tgo01
12-08-2015, 02:08 PM
I get it sometimes too but not very often.

subzero
12-08-2015, 02:10 PM
They'very been back pretty strong las few days. Doesn't seem to be an issue on android, but can't do much on the desktop

Soulance
12-08-2015, 03:16 PM
I can almost never get on from my home Comcast network nowadays. If I'm on the WiFi with my phone it doesn't work but as soon as I take it off the WiFi it's usually okay.

Not sure if it's blocking my Comcast route or what.

Tgo01
12-08-2015, 03:21 PM
I wonder if this might have anything to do with when the forums were taken over by the hacker and they put a lot of questionable ads on the site. I tried to logon to the PC on my grocery store's wifi during this time and apparently their wifi picked up that the PC was a malicious site and I've never been able to logon to the PC on the grocery store's wifi again. Is it possible other networks picked up on this malicious site jazz and is blocking the site for people's own good?

Buckwheet
12-08-2015, 03:49 PM
502 errors are most likely due to the ddos protection proxy Kranar pays for. The route you are being sent is hitting probably a bad proxy or that particular proxy is misconfigured and the real PC server is not responding with what it is expecting.

This would impact people differently I imagine based on the route your path takes to the different proxy servers.

subzero
12-08-2015, 06:09 PM
Was told via rep that re-logging fixed the issue for them, so I gave it a try and seems to be good so far.

Soulance
12-09-2015, 02:23 PM
It seemed that the log out/in was okay but found out this morning it didn't help my issue at home. I guess they're just going to keep blocking me and I'll get through occasionally.