PDA

View Full Version : will-o'-wisp

stormcrow
06-29-2015, 12:54 PM
a green and red samara amulet
a small raw umber will-o'-wisp

I got this thing I don't remember some merchant event with some horrible task that I have to thank Fleurs for getting me thru. Anyhow, Found it in a locker and honestly it's not me. Ohh if you don't know what they do .. google it .. thing fly's around ..honestly I don't know. But it's cool: so I heard.

mb 1.85M going to once to neovik! PLease bid at 100k intervals .. I can't keep updating this thing. I'm putting a Buy Out at 2mil since I just want to end this auction.
BO 2M

Soulance
06-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Yea, they were from an event a few years back. You can play with them and whatnot and have to "feed" them spirit. Once they attune to you, you can send them to find people I think and whisper things to others, but then you have to "play" with the wisp so it doesn't get mean. There are some fun ambient messagings though when you have the amulet on.

Ltlprprincess
06-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Fuck it, MB

Neovik1
06-30-2015, 09:33 AM
People will hate me for having another pet that spams the screen..... But what the heck.. 1.7!

Ltlprprincess
06-30-2015, 09:52 AM
That's fine. I have 3. Enjoy.

Neovik1
06-30-2015, 10:00 AM
3!? Sounds like me with four rats...

stormcrow
06-30-2015, 11:00 AM
update

stormcrow
07-01-2015, 08:26 AM
twice .. sold tomorrow if no other offers

Streamdancer
07-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 05:11 AM

stormcrow
07-02-2015, 11:36 AM
update BO added

Lupine1732
07-02-2015, 12:25 PM
BO please.

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 12:46 PM
That was a waste of time... And some what of a dick move to add a buyout like that when I had the bid for two days.

stormcrow
07-02-2015, 01:37 PM
sorry ... It is a dick move to increase bids by 50k .. I honestly don't want to spend my life updating auctions at 50K increments.

That was a waste of time... And some what of a dick move to add a buyout like that when I had the bid for two days.

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 01:40 PM
I originally increased by 200k another increased by 100k two days later. Say whatever you want to justify your dick move.

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Enjoy your 150k dick move.

Ltlprprincess
07-02-2015, 03:28 PM
You being asshurt about a "dick move" is kind of ridiculous. Small increment bid increasers are kind of a pain in the ass to deal with to begin with. Yes, you increased the bid by 200k. SOmeone outbid you by 100k. Would it have been any more difficult for you to bid another 100k or 200k? If you REALLY wanted it, you could even have gone as far as PMing him and asking if he'd accept a BO offer. You didn't. Instead, you nickle and dimed your bid after someone outbid you and cry "Dick move." Someone could have also PM'd him a BO and he could have accepted that. Would you still be crying foul in that instance? Probably. But believe it or not, it's not 150k he's enjoying now. It's 2 mil. Something you could have offered yourself.

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Someone threw a bid out two days later. If there was a rush to end it. It should of been much sooner so yes the 50k response to a 100k bid "one time" was a dick move but far less than throwing up a buy out 3-4 days later of 150k more after I wasted that time paying attention for it to end.

If you want to lump yourself into bad merchanting practices then good for you!

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Someone already sold me one the moment I noticed it was sold on buyout. I'm not crying I'm defending people having some sort of honor in the way they handle themselves. I will not be doing any future business with anyone that thinks this is acceptable.

dmac188
07-02-2015, 03:53 PM
I actually think the way the buyout was added was a bit strategic/unfair as well. Especially considering the timing of the bids and how close the buyout was to the initial bid amount.

Ltlprprincess
07-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Someone already sold me one the moment I noticed it was sold on buyout. I'm not crying I'm defending people having some sort of honor in the way they handle themselves. I will not be doing any future business with anyone that thinks this is acceptable.

You're more than welcome to refuse to do business with me. I've had a pristine merchanting record since I started. I personally cannot stand small bid increments once it reaches a certain tier, but I still accept them because I haven't put into the guidelines of my auction expected increment increases. That's me. I'm a bit more patient and while it annoys me to no end, I will accept them. I also make it clear that I will entertain and accept reasonable BOs on items and encourage offers to be made.

I'm not trying to mediate or take a moral high ground (Despite what the red repper would like to believe, because lol, I'm sure you're so awesome, too), however again, posting several times "dick move" is relatively immature.

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Red reppers are out in force with me! I made one small increment bid out of frustration when I was the only bid for two days. I've seen much lower increments for much higher. I've never seen anyone pull random buy out within an hour after concluding something that has gone on for days. I myself would never throw a buy out on something that didn't have one originally. But this is even worse than that.

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 04:05 PM
I don't think summarizing it as it is a childish act.

Gelston
07-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Red reppers are out in force with me! I made one small increment bid out of frustration when I was the only bid for two days. I've seen much lower increments for much higher. I've never seen anyone pull random buy out within an hour after concluding something that has gone on for days. I myself would never throw a buy out on something that didn't have one originally. But this is even worse than that.

It is because you are being a whiny bitch. You should just stop.

stormcrow
07-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Look people .. if you are going to bid, bid like a big boy. Who the hell does a 50k additional bid on an item at 1.8m? Honestly there were no secret deals. I saw two of these sell for 1.5m a piece on lnet yesterday. So I highly doubt anyone was going to pay more than 2m on this item. When someone increase a bid by 50k it tells me two things: 1. they don't have the funds to continue to bid or 2. They are trying to be cute. I honestly don't have the patience to sit here and update 50k bids. I don't need the coins and I wouldn't bend over to pick up a 150k note. I had this stupid item and wanted to sell it to someone who wanted one. But when bidding got stupid I just wanted to end it so I don't have to update 50K bids everyday. I'm glad you got one .. they are not hard to get . so give it a rest and learn how to bid. My next auction will include a disclaimer about bidding that I thought everyone on the boards understood.

Ltlprprincess
07-02-2015, 04:07 PM

At this point in time, I would have said to channel Elsa and Let It Go. You got your wisp, congratulations.

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 04:08 PM
It is because you are being a whiny bitch. You should just stop.

I have a better wisp now. It's worked out better for me in the end. If you call defending people having some sort of merchanting standards then count me in as a Whiney bitch.

Gelston
07-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Look people .. if you are going to bid, bid like a big boy. Who the hell does a 50k additional bid on an item at 1.8m? Honestly there were no secret deals. I saw two of these sell for 1.5m a piece on lnet yesterday. So I highly doubt anyone was going to pay more than 2m on this item. When someone increase a bid by 50k it tells me two things: 1. they don't have the funds to continue to bid or 2. They are trying to be cute. I honestly don't have the patience to sit here and update 50k bids. I don't need the coins and I wouldn't bend over to pick up a 150k note. I had this stupid item and wanted to sell it to someone who wanted one. But when bidding got stupid I just wanted to end it so I don't have to update 50K bids everyday. I'm glad you got one .. they are not hard to get . so give it a rest and learn how to bid. My next auction will include a disclaimer about bidding that I thought everyone on the boards understood.

Shouldn't need a disclaimer. Your auction, your potential profits. People don't like it, they don't have to bid. Pretty simple.

I have a better wisp now. It's worked out better for me in the end. If you call defending people having some sort of merchanting standards then count me in as a Whiney bitch.

Then why are you still whining here so constantly? Just stop posting in this thread and let it die.

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 04:10 PM

Yet you had the patience to let it go on for days eh? Keep justifying your actions.

tyrant-201
07-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I'd suggest being a bit more open about 50,000 increments being irritating. If you don't like the bid, and don't want to drag it on, don't accept it.

Also, don't bid like a douche.

It's a merchant's prerogative to set whatever buyout they like. But let's not act like a buyout of 150k higher than the current bid at 1.85m is reasonable. People can and will get pissed off when something is pulled out from under them like that. If 2m was all you wanted from the start, then list it at the start. Otherwise it looks pretty vindictive

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 04:18 PM
I'd suggest being a bit more open about 50,000 increments being irritating. If you don't like the bid, and don't want to drag it on, don't accept it.

Also, don't bid like a douche.

It's a merchant's prerogative to set whatever buyout they like. But let's not act like a buyout of 150k higher than the current bid at 1.85m is reasonable. People can and will get pissed off when something is pulled out from under them like that. If 2m was all you wanted from the start, then list it at the start. Otherwise it looks pretty vindictive

I definitely did that out of annoyance with it being drawn out. I definitely accept it as a douche move bid when I seen I was outbid by 100k.

Wrathbringer
07-02-2015, 04:32 PM
So who shart repped everyone in this thread?

Neovik1
07-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Your shart rep is lost in the sea of red rep!

Wrathbringer
07-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Your shart rep is lost in the sea of red rep!

lol

AestheticDeath
07-02-2015, 05:16 PM
I am with Neovik1 on this.

OP needs better merchanting skills. If you don't like updating, should put a flat price. I tend to want bid increases of 5-10%, but won't expect it if I don't ask for it. And if you put a BO in towards the end... that is a underhanded move since people may not expect it. BO should IMO be 1.5x the CB at least. And, should be offered to the high bidder first just in case, or the most frequent bidder etc. Some random joe that wasn't bidding just came in after days of bidding and stole the item. <shrug>