PDA

View Full Version : Smart Spellup Subscript

jfields
10-22-2004, 01:07 AM
I've just started scripting, and have one pretty successful one working, but I am trying to improve it.

For a caster (sorc), I am trying to figure out an efficient way to do a smart spellup script. Ideally, it should be able to check what spells need to be added/increased without using a ton of mana in the process. I can do it using 405, but it would take a number of iterations and waste a lot of mana.

I know that PSINET keeps track of everything, and has a handy SPELLUP AUTO command, but that isn't accessible via scripting, correct?

Thanks for the help.

AnticorRifling
10-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Why couldn't you just make a:

put spellup auto (person name)

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work...

jfields
10-22-2004, 01:27 AM
Tried that.

From my understanding (which is small and may be flawed), PSINET is on the client's side of the Wizard, meaning that PSINET is aware of the Wizard, but the reverse is not true.

Maybe one of the gurus could weigh in with some ideas.

eeky
10-22-2004, 02:10 AM
I have on mine put restmode on
works fine

Drew
10-22-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by jfields
Tried that.

From my understanding (which is small and may be flawed), PSINET is on the client's side of the Wizard, meaning that PSINET is aware of the Wizard, but the reverse is not true.

Maybe one of the gurus could weigh in with some ideas.

Your scripts are clientside too, it'll pick up what PSInet says via matches and waitfors.

jfields
10-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Restmode was the ticket! I tried the exact same thing without it, and it didn't work. I don't know why, but it didn't.

You've made a hunter very happy. Thanks!