PDA

View Full Version : Hunter S. Thompson on Bush

Ravenstorm
10-22-2004, 02:23 AM
Fear and Loathing, Campaign 2004 (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/_/id/6562575?&rnd=1098394261180&has-player=true)

I wouldn't say I agree with everything he says but he certainly has a way with words. Turns a nice phrase, he does. And doesn't mince words at all.

Oh, and he's not at all complimentary so if you don't feel like reading bad things about Dubya, skip this.

Raven

Back
10-22-2004, 06:36 AM
Hahahaa, thanks for the good laugh this morning, Rave. I might have to read that book.

I also don’t agree with EVERYTHING he says, and I wonder if even half of what he says really happened, but I dig the “beat” style, and agree we need someone to laugh with in the White House, not at.

Warriorbird
10-22-2004, 06:59 AM
Hell yeah. The old man needs to get back to his form. The times they are a changin'... back.

Cayge
10-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Thank you, thank you for that piece of literary brilliance. I've always been a Hunter fan and I would assume he would eloquently state how badly Bush had his ass handed to him in the debates. Namely, the first. If there is anyone who think he stood a chance and actually won that first round, you are nothing more than sheep with a blind shepherd. BAAAAAA.

10-23-2004, 06:24 AM
"We had two bags of Grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cacaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.... also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls... but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..." --- HST '71

Warriorbird
10-23-2004, 10:03 AM
:)

Cayge
10-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
"We had two bags of Grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cacaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers.... also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls... but the only thing that worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge..." --- HST '71

ROFL hell yes Stanley. Excellent quote. For those of you into heavier music, check out my old bands song featuring that exact quote as sample in the beginning. We broke up a bit ago but, the song remains and thats me on bass.

www.purevolume.com/MATE

xtc
10-23-2004, 12:23 PM
lol funny article but Rolling Stone isn't a serious news source despite Hunter Thompson's best efforts. I will admit that Karl Rove is one dirty spin master, however much of the article is tripe.

edited for spelling

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by xtc]

[Edited on 10-23-2004 by xtc]