PDA

View Full Version : Wearable Feature Altering lockpick

Kayse
06-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Looking for one of those lockpicks from Duskruin that show up in your hair feature when worn. Preferably the vaalin one: a vaalin-wrapped hairstick

Definitely will consider the other materials though if someone has one.

Let me know if you have one laying around!

~Kayse

Neovik1
06-09-2015, 06:28 PM
I think jackwhisperer (on PC) aka Neelin has one listed in all the stuff he posted in one of his threads.

Kayse
06-09-2015, 11:06 PM
He does and I inquired, but it still shows up in your inventory, not your hair, even though it says it is placed there.

Roblar
06-09-2015, 11:15 PM
When that happens it generally means it is defaulting to your inventory because your unique feature slot is taken up by something else, maybe a feature alteration?

Could also be a similarly scripted item you are wearing.

Kayse
06-10-2015, 11:53 AM
I didn't try it personally, but I know I have a few lockpicks that are hairpins or hairsticks and they just go in your inventory. I tried a friend's lockpick that goes in your hair and it actually showed up in mine.

Kayse
06-10-2015, 11:33 PM
IT HAS BEEN FOUND! Thank you everyone!

everan
06-11-2015, 02:13 PM
IT HAS BEEN FOUND! Thank you everyone!

Yay, can you show us how it looks?

This is what I see, so I want to see how actually hairworn ones look.

He is wearing a silver and pink topaz bracer, a diamond-set vultite hairpin...

Kayse
06-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Of course! Here's the break down:

Already was lucky enough to get it altered as well, it's altered for my Bard Fest performance as a prop. Originally it was a vaalin-wrapped hairstick. I guess they were sold at the Spitfire and they're at Duskruin. NO IDEA, how I missed these at the Spitfire. Only my character would continue to wear a knife in her hair as a fashion accessory.

>wear knife
You sweep your hair up with deft fingers and arrange it into a new look, securing your styled tresses with a helical handled vaalin butter knife.

>peer mir
You look at yourself carefully in the antique ivory mirror...

You see Storyteller Kayse Thaellian the Elemental Herald.
She appears to be an Aelotoi of the Vaer'sah Clan.
She is tall and appears to be in the bloom of youth. She has voluminously lashed, viridian-specked pear green eyes and sun-kissed, lightly freckled skin. She has mid back-length, sun-tinted caramel brown hair swept up into a casual twist secured with a helical handled vaalin butter knife.

>rem knife
You remove the vaalin butter knife, quickly returning your hair to its former style.

>analy kn
You analyze your vaalin butter knife and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions, but the creator has stated that "The item has restrictions on changing the noun."
The creator has also provided the following information:

The vaalin butter knife is currently LOCKED.
In this state, you feel like you can WEAR and REMOVE the knife.
The knife currently has only one style available when worn.

Currently available style:
She has mid back-length, sun-tinted caramel brown hair swept up into a casual twist secured with a helical handled vaalin butter knife.

You get no sense of whether or not the knife may be further lightened.

Jhynnifer
06-11-2015, 09:10 PM
I THINK... some of these were sold at the spitfire... maybe... possibly... I think, I'll look. Otherwise I just have my enhancive one from TW and that one is too precious to sell =(