PDA

View Full Version : The Spot

Pulpit
10-20-2004, 10:53 PM
well I tried to access www.the-spot.com
which was the other message board
looks like its gone. Not sure how long ago this happened since this is the first time I tried to access it in awhile ..Just thought I would let you all know if you didn't already

Xcalibur
10-20-2004, 11:08 PM
It was dead since 2003, too many people left, and the desire to rebuild it was too low. I know there was another adress, where they were doing a better version, surely dead too.

Booh, booh booh booh booh

Drew
10-21-2004, 04:09 AM
The reason I originally joined the Player's Corner was because Kelood (who I think one or two of you might remember) got kicked off the-spot for some reason or another and I resigned my "moderatorship" in solidarity and moved over to the PC.

Does anyone remember when the PC was on whee.org?

Bobmuhthol
10-21-2004, 06:03 AM
<<Does anyone remember when the PC was on whee.org?>>

Wasn't that Peam's redirect link when the site was mirrored somewhere else and nobody knew the URL?

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 06:54 AM
there is another forums type site at www.gsiv.net which looks as though it will be quite a good one

Parkbandit
10-21-2004, 08:51 AM
The Spot ended up defunct (though I still think it's up.. but it has zero activity) due to over censorship and stupid rules.

I certainly hope that doesn't happen here.

Xcalibur
10-21-2004, 08:53 AM
Wanna bet?

At the end, there was a topic made every week, and it was just because something new happened in gs.

Drew
10-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<Does anyone remember when the PC was on whee.org?>>

Wasn't that Peam's redirect link when the site was mirrored somewhere else and nobody knew the URL?
Nope. As best as I can remember the site was originally maintained by buckwheet and kranar was the "face" of the board. Buckwheet lost interest and turned it over to kranar. After that I stopped playing so I don't know.

AnticorRifling
10-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Whee.org was buck's. I remember it but I was brand new to GS and both message boards then.

imported_Kranar
10-21-2004, 05:18 PM
<< The Spot ended up defunct (though I still think it's up.. but it has zero activity) due to over censorship and stupid rules. >>

This isn't exactly true.

Ironically it was a lack of rules and enforcement that led to a lot of people leaving the-spot and coming here.

HarmNone
10-21-2004, 06:04 PM
That's the way I remember it, as well, Kranar. It was the lack of any control that brought about the split, not the opposite.

imported_Kranar
10-21-2004, 09:07 PM
<< That's the way I remember it, as well, Kranar. It was the lack of any control that brought about the split, not the opposite. >>

Their unmoderated Flame Folder made everyone turn against one another and really ruined the entire forum.

By the time they finally got around to getting rid of it, it was too late.

HarmNone
10-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Heh. I'd forgotten it was only one folder. All I remember is people ripping each other to shreds. :shrug:

Galleazzo
10-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Yeah, flame folders are pretty stupid. Gets more people riled up than tensions eased.

AnticorRifling
10-22-2004, 01:07 AM
The flame folder was pre-Anticor.

Xcalibur
10-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Pre me too, and as I saw, the site wasn't boohish, in that time. I even remember compairaing PC and them and I thought the spot was better, as here there was WAY too much flaming done by "elders" (high train idiots)

There was some posts per day done, and some quick responses too.