PDA

View Full Version : Saddam to Declare Candidacy for Iraqi Elections

xtc
10-20-2004, 02:23 PM
I am not sure if I posted this already

Saddam to Declare Candidacy for Iraqi Elections
Overthrown Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who was arrested by US forces last December, reportedly plans to run as a candidate in the Iraqi elections scheduled for January 2005.
Saddam's lawyer Giovanni di Stefano told Denmark's B.T. newspaper that Saddam decided during one of their discussions that he would declare his candidacy for the elections.
Stefano said that there was no law that prevented Saddam from appearing on the ballot. He added that Saddam hopes to regain his presidency and palaces via the democratic process.
Contrary to the statements of Iraqi Interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, Stefano claims, "Saddam has no chance to be tried before the elections. Moreover, no international law prevents him from coming forward."
Saddam's lawyer defends that the ambiguity in Iraq will favor Saddam at the polls. Stefano remarked that a recent Gallup poll indicates that 42 percent of the Iraqi people want their former leader back.
Meanwhile, evaluating the conditions of Saddam in jail, Allawi said that Saddam had asked him for mercy.

http://www.zaman.org/?bl=international&alt=&trh=20040921&hn=12424

[Edited on 10-20-2004 by xtc]

Wezas
10-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I heard about that a while ago.

So much for "freeing" that country. The women won't be allowed to vote so he'll surely be a shoe-in.

Double0RX7
10-20-2004, 03:19 PM
I think it's time we, as people, just realize that maybe it's time to start that region over. You know how like sometimes controlled fires are set to trees infected with fungus or shit like that so that it burns down and grows back? Well, I think maybe it's time we realized that maybe we should just bomb them to oblivion and start over over there. Fuck those primate camel-jockies.

xtc
10-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Double0RX7
I think it's time we, as people, just realize that maybe it's time to start that region over. You know how like sometimes controlled fires are set to trees infected with fungus or shit like that so that it burns down and grows back? Well, I think maybe it's time we realized that maybe we should just bomb them to oblivion and start over over there. Fuck those primate camel-jockies.

Now there is an educated opinion from someone who truly understands the region, history, and politics involved.

StrayRogue
10-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Way to be a totally ignorant, racist moron Sean.

Keller
10-20-2004, 03:51 PM
How about we do a controlled burn in Chino Hills?

Warriorbird
10-20-2004, 04:29 PM
This = hilarious.

Back
10-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Speaking of checking sources...

This comes from a Turkish newspaper who is quoting a Dutch rag called BT. I think BT is much like our Enquirer. When I dug for more info on this story, I could find no other sources, and I can’t read Dutch. Anyone else have any luck?

xtc
10-20-2004, 04:36 PM
I admit the source is questionable, but can you imagine if he runs and wins the election?

[Edited on 10-20-2004 by xtc]

Ilvane
10-20-2004, 07:24 PM
Yay for democracy!! Even Saddam Hussein can run!

-A