PDA

View Full Version : Issue with bigshot/ sloot since update

Dosselmeyer
05-18-2015, 08:25 PM
So i have this issue across multiple accounts, computers and characters. I know of one other person with the same issues.

I updated sloot and bigshot last night. Ever since, specifically with my pures: critter dies, sloot searches, bigshot then keeps trying to repeat the attack sequence in a loop that hangs the script. It's like bigshot doesn't recognize the critter is dead or something. It happens about 1 in 4 times.

Workaround- when I see it happen (since I do not AFK script) I move out of the room and normalcy resumes.

Any one else experiencing this? Any idea what the issue is/ how to fix it?

thanks,

Dosselmeyer

kruxfelt
05-19-2015, 01:36 AM
Same thing here, and I just manually move rooms as well. Not sure what the problem is.

Franknozly
05-19-2015, 05:45 AM
Eh try updating sloot again.

kruxfelt
05-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Fixed when looting. However the same issue occurs when monsters leave the room mid-combat as well.

Soulance
05-24-2015, 03:05 PM
I'm gonna ask this here, hopefully it's alright...

So, I mentioned on lnet yesterday that ;bigshot wasn't recognizing a "seer" as something to kill. I have tried inputting it and removing it a few times, yet can't seem to get them to hunt seers. What is odd is that it works fine on another computer I have setup. They are definitely NOT in the avoid/flee spot. The only thing I can think of is that I may have put them in there a looong time ago. Maybe an update of ;bigshot at some point has it still there but it's just not showing up?

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks

Wrathbringer
05-24-2015, 03:10 PM

So, I mentioned on lnet yesterday that ;bigshot wasn't recognizing a "seer" as something to kill. I have tried inputting it and removing it a few times, yet can't seem to get them to hunt seers. What is odd is that it works fine on another computer I have setup. They are definitely NOT in the avoid/flee spot. The only thing I can think of is that I may have put them in there a looong time ago. Maybe an update of ;bigshot at some point has it still there but it's just not showing up?

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks

Well, I think the main crux of the problem is that you haven't set up lich to properly proudly announce that you're ready for Hillary. np, you're welcome.

Tgo01
05-24-2015, 03:17 PM

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks

Type ;vars list

Do seers show up under the "invalid_targets"=>"" or "always_flee_from"=> variables under the "op" variable?

Wrathbringer
05-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Type ;vars list

Do seers show up under the "invalid_targets"=>"" or "always_flee_from"=> variables under the "op" variable?

I thought you quit?

Tgo01
05-24-2015, 03:27 PM
I thought you quit?

I thought you quit? :O

Soulance
05-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Type ;vars list

I have this: "always_flee_from"=>"griffin",
And this: "targets"=>"seer, scout, initiate, janissary, herald, adept",

Wrathbringer
05-24-2015, 03:31 PM
I thought you quit? :O

Soulance
05-24-2015, 03:32 PM
Well, I think the main crux of the problem is that you haven't set up lich to properly proudly announce that you're ready for Hillary. np, you're welcome.
So...I should put "Hillary" in my "targets" window? Oh wait, now I'm gonna be FLAGGED and stalked by the FBI!

Soulance
05-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Here's the setup in full:

op: {"resting_room_id"=>"xxx", "resting_commands"=>"put my runestaff in my infantry harness" "hunting_room_id"=>"11813", "hunting_boundaries"=>"10835, 11824, 11850, 12023, 12024, 11866, 11905", "targets"=>"seer, scout, initiate, janissary, herald, adept", "hunting_stance"=>"defensive", "hunting_prep_commands"=>"put my rune in my harness, get my faewood runestaff from my infantry harness, get quartz orb, rub orb, put orb in my longcloak", "hunting_scripts"=>"", "signs"=>"", "loot_script"=>"sloot", "wracking_spirit"=>"", "hunting_commands"=>"302 target(xx), tell spirit to give runestaff to soulance", "hunting_commands_b"=>"", "hunting_commands_c"=>"", "disable_commands"=>"", "flee_count"=>"5", "invalid_targets"=>"", "always_flee_from"=>"griffin", "rest_till_exp"=>"30", "rest_till_mana"=>"95", "rest_till_spirit"=>"", "fried"=>"100", "oom"=>"5", "encumbered"=>"50", "wounded_eval"=>"XMLData.injuries.any?{|key,value| value[\"wound\"] > 1} || percenthealth <= 70", "ammo_container"=>"", "ammo"=>"", "fresh_wand_container"=>"", "dead_wand_container"=>"", "wand"=>"", "dead_man_switch"=>false, "monitor_interaction"=>false, "depart_switch"=>false, "flee_clouds"=>false, "use_wracking"=>false, "spam"=>true, "lone_targets_only"=>false, "hide_for_ammo"=>false, "wand_if_oom"=>false}

Tgo01
05-24-2015, 03:33 PM
I have this: "always_flee_from"=>"griffin",
And this: "targets"=>"seer, scout, initiate, janissary, herald, adept",

What about the invalid_targets variable?

Try renaming the bigshot script file to big and running it like that. You won't lose your variables or anything because they are saved on your character.

Wrathbringer
05-24-2015, 03:35 PM
So...I should put "Hillary" in my "targets" window? Oh wait, now I'm gonna be FLAGGED and stalked by the FBI!

Yeah... You visit a site that I visit. As such, you've already been flagged and are being stalked.

Soulance
05-24-2015, 03:48 PM
What about the invalid_targets variable?

Try renaming the bigshot script file to big and running it like that. You won't lose your variables or anything because they are saved on your character.
I'm not seeing anything about 'invalid_targets' here. I'll try the rename and see what happens.

Yeah... You visit a site that I visit. As such, you've already been flagged and are being stalked.
Sweet! My very own personal stalker. Today is turning out to be a good day after all. :D

Tgo01
05-24-2015, 03:50 PM
Also just for curiosity's sake, try this.

Open up the bigshot script and at the very top make the first two lines this:

echo "#{CharSettings['untargetable']}"
exit

Then run the script and see if the script echos back anything. After that open up the script again and remove those two lines so the script works like normal again.

Wrathbringer
05-24-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm not seeing anything about 'invalid_targets' here. I'll try the rename and see what happens.

Sweet! My very own personal stalker. Today is turning out to be a good day after all. :D

Hi, did you vote in my Frontbutt poll? It closes soon and is very important.

Soulance
05-24-2015, 04:03 PM
Hi, did you vote in my Frontbutt poll? It closes soon and is very important.
Hi. I can neither confirm nor deny that I have or will vote on this. Actually, yes I can confirm I will deny voting on this though I did find it mildly amusing and was quite tempted to do the voting based just on the amusement of the answers. (TP ready for incoming shart)

Soulance
05-24-2015, 04:05 PM
echo "#{CharSettings['untargetable']}"
exit

Well, now this is interesting...

seer", "seer"]]

Wrathbringer
05-24-2015, 04:06 PM
Hi. I can neither confirm nor deny that I have or will vote on this. Actually, yes I can confirm I will deny voting on this though I did find it mildly amusing and was quite tempted to do the voting based just on the amusement of the answers.

I just published an interview with defending poll champ, "tacos."

Tgo01
05-24-2015, 04:09 PM
Well, now this is interesting...

seer", "seer"]]

Mm hmm. I figured that was the problem the last time someone mentioned having a similar problem. Whenever bigshot comes across a critter it can't target (like someone's spirit servant for example) it adds the target's noun to a list of critters, the script will never attempt to attack anything with the same noun again. At some point you must have targeted a seer (twice apparently) that was untargetable for some reason so it was added to the list and now your character won't attack seers.

Try adding this line to the very top of the bigshot script and then running bigshot again:

CharSettings['untargetable']} = nil

Soulance
05-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Thanks Tgo. So, is there no way to find this in the saved variables or settings then? I don't want to attack my own spirit servant...

Tgo01
05-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Thanks Tgo. So, is there no way to find this in the saved variables or settings then? I don't want to attack my own spirit servant...

Well you could to this:

Find this line in the script:

return false if target.noun =~ /child|traveller|scribe|merchant|dignitary|official |magistrate/i

And right after that line add this line:

return false if target.type !~ /aggressive/

That would make it so the script only attacks aggressive NPCs so it won't attack people's spirits.

Also you could leave the CharSettings['untargetable']} = nil line at the very top of your script so this setting is reset every time you start the script, you might target your spirit once (you won't attempt to attack it) but as soon as the script sees it can't target your spirit it will be added to the list of things not to attempt to target again until the next time you start up the script.

Keep in mind you won't be able to attack anything with the noun of spirit, even hostile NPCs. Pretty sure this was an oversight when the script was created.

Soulance
05-24-2015, 04:29 PM
I just published an interview with defending poll champ, "tacos."
Wait a minute!! :wtf: You didn't say anything about TACOS! Flaming Chad... er... Hanging dingleberry... :moon2:

Wrathbringer
05-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Wait a minute!! :wtf: You didn't say anything about TACOS! Flaming Chad... er... Hanging dingleberry... :moon2:

I think he's surprised to be doing so poorly vs. my retardation. Rumors are that he underestimated me.

Soulance
05-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Well you could to this:

Find this line in the script:

return false if target.noun =~ /child|traveller|scribe|merchant|dignitary|official |magistrate/i

And right after that line add this line:

Keep in mind you won't be able to attack anything with the noun of spirit, even hostile NPCs. Pretty sure this was an oversight when the script was created.
Done. Added the line and will try that out to see how it goes. If not, I'll add the other one to the top as well. I don't know how you guys understand this ruby script stuff.

Soulance
05-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Well, I put in both commands and still no luck. Beginning of the script looks like this:

=begin bigshot.lic: the new optimus prime
author: sheikh
updater: spiffyjr (pandin)

FIXME: Use new empty_hand(s)/fill_hand(s)
FIXME: Is poaching?() redundant?
FIXME: Instead of the head reiterating :ATTACK to tail every 15 seconds, have the tail loop upon :ATTACK until the room id changes
=end

Did I do something wrong here?

Soulance
05-24-2015, 05:16 PM
And this is where I have the other one...

return false if

target.type !~ /aggressive/

if( !CharSettings['targetable'].include?(target.noun) && !CharSettings['untargetable'].include?(target.name) ) For some reason, it's not looking quite right in my text editor...

Omrii
05-24-2015, 05:23 PM
So i have this issue across multiple accounts, computers and characters. I know of one other person with the same issues.

I updated sloot and bigshot last night. Ever since, specifically with my pures: critter dies, sloot searches, bigshot then keeps trying to repeat the attack sequence in a loop that hangs the script. It's like bigshot doesn't recognize the critter is dead or something. It happens about 1 in 4 times.

Workaround- when I see it happen (since I do not AFK script) I move out of the room and normalcy resumes.

Any one else experiencing this? Any idea what the issue is/ how to fix it?

thanks,

Dosselmeyer

Did anyone find a solution to the original problem in this thread? I continue to intermittently have the same issue. I did discover that ghost wolves cause the issue to occur consistently. I have tried using both bigshot and bigshotneo as well as sloot, loot, and sloot4 throughout trying to troubleshoot understand the problem.

--Omrii

Tgo01
05-24-2015, 05:43 PM
Well, I put in both commands and still no luck. Beginning of the script looks like this:

Did I do something wrong here?

Yes, make sure the CharSettings['untargetable']} = nil is not in between the =begin and =end, make it either right before =begin or right after = end.

And this is where I have the other one...
For some reason, it's not looking quite right in my text editor...

Yes, get rid of the spaces :p

All on one line.

Soulance
05-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Yes, make sure the CharSettings['untargetable']} = nil is not in between the =begin and =end, make it either right before =begin or right after = end.

Yes, get rid of the spaces :p

All on one line.
For some reason my wordpad isn't opening bigshot appropriately. Any good .lic readers out there?

Tgo01
05-24-2015, 06:09 PM
For some reason my wordpad isn't opening bigshot appropriately. Any good .lic readers out there?

notepad++

Soulance
05-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Tanks! Wow, that's much nicer. I moved the Charsettings to after =end or before =begin and I get this:

--- Lich: bigshot active.--- Lich: error: bigshot:11: syntax error, unexpected tSTRING_DEND, expecting end-of-input
^
C:/Users/AMD Ultimate/Desktop/lich/lich.rbw:2473:in `eval'
C:/Users/AMD Ultimate/Desktop/lich/lich.rbw:2473:in `block (2 levels) in <class:Script>'
But, I was able to clean up the other one so maybe that'll work better.

Soulance
05-25-2015, 12:54 PM
As a repper mentioned I did hijack this thread and I'm sorry. I kinda thought it went as a bigshot issue and I do appreciate the ideas and help. Still not quite resolved as I haven't been able to attack a seer yet with it. Maybe I'll start a new one

Tgo01
05-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Tanks! Wow, that's much nicer. I moved the Charsettings to after =end or before =begin and I get this:

But, I was able to clean up the other one so maybe that'll work better.

My bad, it should be:

CharSettings['untargetable'] = nil

Delete the } :p

As a repper mentioned I did hijack this thread and I'm sorry. I kinda thought it went as a bigshot issue and I do appreciate the ideas and help. Still not quite resolved as I haven't been able to attack a seer yet with it. Maybe I'll start a new one

PC is synonymous with thread hijacking.

Soulance
05-25-2015, 01:21 PM
My bad, it should be:

CharSettings['untargetable'] = nil

Delete the } :p
How could you???? ;) Thanks again for taking a look at this. Inputting it now with my handy new Notepad++. Makes it so much more fun to look at these scripts. I have the Ruby book, now only if I could understand it...

PC is synonymous with thread hijacking.
No way!!?? This place is always straight and to the point. We've never deviated from the OP course.

Soulance
05-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Sweet!! It works finally!! :shoot: