View Full Version : Scroll Portfolio

Herachio
05-10-2015, 06:38 PM
a thin beige portfolio

MB: 50 mil

CB: 100 mil to Allereli and SOLD

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Thin_beige_portfolio

>read port
It takes you a moment to focus on the beige portfolio.
On the beige portfolio you see
(219) Spell Shield
(1750) Fash'lo'nae's Gift
(1750) Fash'lo'nae's Gift

>flip port
You flip your beige portfolio to page two.
>read port
It takes you a moment to focus on the beige portfolio.
On the beige portfolio you see
(213) Minor Sanctuary
(116) Locate Person
(114) UnPoison
(609) Sun Burst
(318) Raise Dead

>flip port
You flip your beige portfolio past the last page. There appears to be space for another page.
>read port
Two large pieces of vellum are stitched together along one edge, providing a crude and very thin portfolio. A tarnished silver gem setting has been centered on the front cover of the portfolio, though it is empty. Scribbled on the back cover is the list, "Topaz, Emerald, Smooth Stone, Ruby, Diamond". All but "Diamond" have been crossed out.
The portfolio is opened past the last page. There is a burnt scroll inside.
>

Allereli
05-10-2015, 06:46 PM
50 mil

Rheisia
05-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Omg. Soooo tempting.

Ardwen
05-10-2015, 07:01 PM
hmmm to bid or not to bid

SHAFT
05-10-2015, 07:08 PM
55m

Allereli
05-10-2015, 08:26 PM
60m

Androidpk
05-10-2015, 08:40 PM
So it's a scroll holder that makes your scrolls last longer?

SHAFT
05-10-2015, 08:56 PM
65m. With peace and love

Allereli
05-10-2015, 08:58 PM
70m :hug2:

neimanz1
05-10-2015, 09:00 PM

Fallen
05-10-2015, 09:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KQCVo.gif

Herachio
05-10-2015, 09:04 PM
So it's a scroll holder that makes your scrolls last longer?

It doesn't hold scrolls, it holds the charges from scrolls. If that makes sense.

Going Once for 88 Mil to Neimanz1

SHAFT
05-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Damnit! Now that neimanz wants it I want it even more!

neimanz1
05-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Damnit! Now that neimanz wants it I want it even more!

it was too funny I couldn't help myself

Allereli
05-10-2015, 09:10 PM
100m

Herachio
05-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Neimanz and Allereli are serious!

CB: 100 mil to Allereli going ONCE

Herachio
05-10-2015, 10:35 PM
CB: 100 mil to Allereli going TWICE

Herachio
05-11-2015, 07:13 AM
SOLD to Allereli

Crime
05-11-2015, 08:00 AM
For the most part, I think the economics of the day seems to suggest Sorcerers will win anything they want.

I'm not sure how the pricing of ensorcellmrnt swung so sharply to fill their pockets, but I suspect Simu didn't see it coming.

This is not to belittle the win, congrats Allereli!, just a comment on the sum of coin involved in this fought over item. The point being that I'm wondering what subset of players could conceivably participate in this auction and guessing the big percentage of that small group are probably sorcerers due to this OP shift of wealth.

Give ya 101m Allereli! :)

Congrats again, huge win for a serious scroll dabbler!

Ardwen
05-11-2015, 10:22 AM
bah sorcerers are poor!

time4fun
05-11-2015, 10:40 AM
For the most part, I think the economics of the day seems to suggest Sorcerers will win anything they want.

I'm not sure how the pricing of ensorcellmrnt swung so sharply to fill their pockets, but I suspect Simu didn't see it coming.

This is not to belittle the win, congrats Allereli!, just a comment on the sum of coin involved in this fought over item. The point being that I'm wondering what subset of players could conceivably participate in this auction and guessing the big percentage of that small group are probably sorcerers due to this OP shift of wealth.

a there are rich folks on all side of the profession spectrum. This just happens to be an to item that is basically made for sorcerers

Allereli
05-11-2015, 10:47 AM

or maybe I did well with two runs of Duskruin

time4fun
05-11-2015, 11:05 AM
or maybe I did well with two runs of Duskruin

100million well? Remind me to spend more time there

Silvean
05-11-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm going to be kicking myself later for not using this particular incarnation of the arena to make a ton of silver. I'm not a big participant in the economics of Gemstone and even I can see opportunity passing me by.

The scroll portfolio is on a short list of highly desirable sorcerer items. The soulstone wand is its closest competitor but rune and chalk pouches also go for more than you would expect.

Crime
05-11-2015, 12:11 PM
bah sorcerers are poor!

LOL 😁

Allereli
05-11-2015, 12:18 PM
it's totally getting bedazzled.

Jarvan
05-11-2015, 12:46 PM
For people that could breeze through the Arena on basically easy mode... this iteration of the Arena was basically a 3x money maker.

For 100 bucks you got 135 slips. Even at a weak 240 per (really for those that could breeze through it in like 3 min or so really) that's 32,400 scrip. At the low price of 1k per, that's 32.4 mill silver for 100 investment. Which makes the silver value technically 32.4 cents per million. Considering no one is going to sell it that low, even low low end of 8.5 per, that's 275.4 cash per 100 investment. Now.. if you could breeze through it with no outside help (haste imbeds or such) That is basically pure profit for time invested.

Rinse and repeat a few times this past week... and a person could easily make 100 mill off scrip alone, not including items they found. 5 100 buck investments on Allereli's part would have given her 100 mill to blow on the folio, and 62 mill she could "convert" to even 527 bucks.... thereby making back all she "invested" and still having the item.

Not saying that is what she did, just saying that's what the people that are able to blow thu the arena can easily do.

Rheisia
05-11-2015, 01:36 PM
For people that could breeze through the Arena on basically easy mode... this iteration of the Arena was basically a 3x money maker.

For 100 bucks you got 135 slips. Even at a weak 240 per (really for those that could breeze through it in like 3 min or so really) that's 32,400 scrip. At the low price of 1k per, that's 32.4 mill silver for 100 investment. Which makes the silver value technically 32.4 cents per million. Considering no one is going to sell it that low, even low low end of 8.5 per, that's 275.4 cash per 100 investment. Now.. if you could breeze through it with no outside help (haste imbeds or such) That is basically pure profit for time invested.

Rinse and repeat a few times this past week... and a person could easily make 100 mill off scrip alone, not including items they found. 5 100 buck investments on Allereli's part would have given her 100 mill to blow on the folio, and 62 mill she could "convert" to even 527 bucks.... thereby making back all she "invested" and still having the item.

Not saying that is what she did, just saying that's what the people that are able to blow thu the arena can easily do.

Yeah, I'm a moron who mostly did the fucking sewers for most of the week. So stupid So very stupid.

Jarvan
05-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I'm a moron who mostly did the fucking sewers for most of the week. So stupid So very stupid.

Well.. I was able to .. with haste imbeds, heroism recharger, and bravery items... along with all the outside spells I could manage.. using a claid and a bastard bard build.... complete the arena about 70% of the time at level 30.

Which means I got jack and shit for my item. Only one enhancive out of 120 items.. and that was +2 ranks to ambush.

I ran a capped friends char thru the sewers 50 times.. and got ...

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the drakar longsword in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that the longsword has been infused with the power of a fire elemental.

The longsword resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 1 to Max Spirit.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 40 times.
It provides a bonus of 5 to Max Mana.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 9 times.
It provides a bonus of 3 to Elemental Lore - Air Ranks.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 21 times.
The longsword looks to have a lot of charges remaining.

You sense that the drakar longsword will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

~~~~~~

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the ora augmented chain in your hand...

The chain resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 15 to Max Stamina.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 72 times.
It provides a bonus of 6 to Climbing Ranks.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 13 times.
The chain looks to have a lot of charges remaining.

You sense that the ora augmented chain will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

~~~~~~~

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the gold neckchain in your hand...

The neckchain resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 2 to Two-Handed Weapons Ranks.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 10 times.
It provides a bonus of 9 to Agility.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 45 times.
The neckchain looks to have more than your average giantman could count charges remaining.

You sense that the gold neckchain will crumble into dust after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

~~~~~~~

MR

The ora earring contains the spell Cloak of Shadows, from the Sorcerer circle.

The earring resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 2 to Harness Power Ranks.
It provides a bonus of 5 to Stamina Recovery.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 15 times.
The earring looks to have a huge number of charges remaining.

You sense that the ora earring will crumble into dust after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

You sense that the ora earring will persist after its last magical charge has been expended.

~~~~~~~

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the vaalorn chain mail in your hand...

The mail resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 15 to Climbing Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 24 times.
It provides a bonus of 9 to Stamina Recovery.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 27 times.
The mail looks to have a huge number of charges remaining.

You sense that the vaalorn chain mail will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

~~~~~~~~

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the rowan runestaff in your hand...

The runestaff resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 12 to Discipline.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 47 times.
It provides a bonus of 4 to Spiritual Lore - Summoning Bonus.
The runestaff looks to have a lot of charges remaining.

You sense that the rowan runestaff will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

~~~~~~~

The harmonics generated tell you that the scimitar inflicts more fearsome wounds when it strikes.

The scimitar resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 14 to Logic.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 42 times.
It provides a bonus of 4 to Ambush Ranks.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 20 times.
The scimitar looks to have a lot of charges remaining.

You sense that the razern scimitar will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

~~~~~~~

at 30, I can hold any enchant item.. seems silly that the random loot gen won't give me anything good cause I am "to low level". Frankly.. if you beat the Arena, you should always get at least a decent item. Not a 100 silver feras weapon...

Herachio
05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
I did sewers only on the last run because the way the arena was setup last time you had to spend 20-25 minutes per run to earn what you can earn now in just under 4. Last run I spent $170 and all that netted me was a Fash pin and a 5x/5x nerve staff. This run I got 2 more Fash pins and still have 7500 scrip to spend off just $100 bucks. To bad it isn't going to stay this way :-(

JackWhisper
05-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Aren't fash pins 15k each?

Even at 243 max every run, you still can't get to 30k from 2 booklets for 100 bucks, let alone 37.5k.

WE MUST KNOW YOUR MAGIC!

neimanz1
05-11-2015, 02:04 PM
u get 35 percent bonus for premium

Deathravin
05-11-2015, 02:05 PM
a there are rich folks on all side of the profession spectrum. This just happens to be an to item that is basically made for sorcerers

This item should be able to be made by sorcerer guild skills. It shouldn't be unique or special, it should be mainstream. It's frustrating that something that makes so much sense and really make an insanely convoluted system like scrolls & scroll infusion into a worthwhile system is only attainable by the elite few.

JackWhisper
05-11-2015, 02:06 PM
u get 35 percent bonus for premium

13,500 points total. You get 10% for premium. Basic gets 25%.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/SimuCoin

24300, plus 35%, does not equal 37.5k. I just want to know how he swung that. It's damned impressive.

Edit: Spelling

Herachio
05-11-2015, 02:08 PM
I do get 243 every single run, but I did buy about 5k worth of script. Sorry, I forgot! No magic here. So, 32.8k on my own and 5 mil silver for the other 5k.

The 3 Fash pins are why I don't need the Folio anymore. Why would a wizard want to deal with scrolls anymore when I can use magic items to get me any spell I could get from a scroll!

This is the first time I remember seeing a Folio sold openly, so I was really unsure of the market value. Wonder where the five from Droughtman's are?

JackWhisper
05-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Ahh. Still, damned nice. =)

Allereli
05-11-2015, 02:20 PM
This item should be able to be made by sorcerer guild skills. It shouldn't be unique or special, it should be mainstream. It's frustrating that something that makes so much sense and really make an insanely convoluted system like scrolls & scroll infusion into a worthwhile system is only attainable by the elite few.

I agree completely. I've suggested scroll combination as a guild skill for years, but new skills aren't likely to happen.

Whirlin
05-11-2015, 02:36 PM
hmm... now I kind of want one of those fash pins...

Allereli
05-11-2015, 02:57 PM

I'll sell you one for 10 mil

RaceCondition
05-11-2015, 03:02 PM
I'll sell you one for 10 mil

Sold.

Jarvan
05-11-2015, 03:04 PM
I believe he said the current pins are being phased out after this run.

Allereli
05-11-2015, 03:04 PM
Sold.

nm i thought price was the old BS price, not the new price. I'd sell for 20mil

Herachio
05-11-2015, 03:22 PM

You don't want just one, you want more than one! As a capped Pure with 202 MIU if you have enough Fash pins you won't ever need scrolls again. I know at least 2 people who got 7 each. I bet somebody bought more.

They will feed my mages heroism addiction.

neimanz1
05-11-2015, 03:27 PM
bards could 2xmiu too...

Silvean
05-11-2015, 03:27 PM
I know at least 2 people who got 7 each.

Wow. I have a symbol that I paid a hell of a lot more than 20M for and one pin from Duskruin. They're great items but paying for that symbol demonstrates my shit luck for guessing trends in the Gemstone market. Who knew they would release so many new 1750 items through Duskruin?

Whirlin
05-11-2015, 03:30 PM
You don't want just one, you want more than one! As a capped Pure with 202 MIU if you have enough Fash pins you won't ever need scrolls again. I know at least 2 people who got 7 each. I bet somebody bought more.

They will feed my mages heroism addiction.

I would definitely want multiple ones, but my bank account is cleared out at the moment, and I already have 613 and 606 self-chargers. Plus, multiple would assume I play daily... if I just log in, burn the charge, and then have 3 hours of something the next day, that's good enough for me! Small wins.

Herachio
05-11-2015, 03:35 PM
I would definitely want multiple ones, but my bank account is cleared out at the moment, and I already have 613 and 606 self-chargers. Plus, multiple would assume I play daily... if I just log in, burn the charge, and then have 3 hours of something the next day, that's good enough for me! Small wins.

There is some guy who wants a 613 self-charger pretty bad. Maybe he'll trade you the same number of Fash pins for how ever many x a day it is :-)

Zaigh
05-11-2015, 03:43 PM
There is some guy who wants a 613 self-charger pretty bad. Maybe he'll trade you the same number of Fash pins for how ever many x a day it is :-)

Being that guy looking for the 613 self-charger, if this deal had come out early on in this run when I had the time to push to get the bloodscrip on them all, yeah definitely. I don't know how much more I can push out scrip wise now though :/

Either way, let me know if it's something you want to give some weight to Whirlin.

Whirlin
05-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Being that guy looking for the 613 self-charger, if this deal had come out early on in this run when I had the time to push to get the bloodscrip on them all, yeah definitely. I don't know how much more I can push out scrip wise now though :/

Either way, let me know if it's something you want to give some weight to Whirlin.
Absolutely I'll weigh in!

So, for me, 1750 isn't as attractive as it is for others. Why? I'm not a pure! As an Archer Mage, I'm only sitting at 151 ranks of MIU, and am working towards completing Spell Research ranks... or at least hitting 275. So, right there, that's 50 MIU less than the next wizard. Concurrently, this makes 613 by far the most powerful spell for me. Aiming Bonus, DS, spiritual TD? Can't ask for anything more! It removed my reliance on Small Statues when I was just freshly capped/fixstated.

151 ranks of MIU also puts my duration at about 1:30 per activation. A solid amount of time.

So we're looking at consistently needing (more wanting at this point) 613. While this could be accomplished by 1750, there's one curve ball: 613 is always the first thing to be dispelled... ALWAYS. I dunno what it is, but I swear to god, ranger spells just melt off wizards. If I get hit by a bandit trap, a random seer dispel, or some other random nonsense, 613 is always the first to fall. 1701... Usually if I'm hunting bandits I'll remember to put a charge up... but meh, I just want to kill. Kill... Kill... We're talking a scene right out of Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant type stuff there.

Also, since I dualbox my sorc, I'll also occasionally toss the 613 over on my sorc because reasons. It's a bit harder to do that with so few charges/day.

That's the biggest concern right there, is basically being locked out of the spell for the rest of the day upon dispel event. Additionally, 1/day means you're limited by maximum duration, regardless of how man casts it lasts. So, it may as well just be 4 hours.

The redeeming factor is that the most recent comparable sale was a 3x/day 613 self-charging belt that Ardwen sold for 35m (hey, I know that buyer too). This could imply double the value for something that's 7x/day... but I'd argue it's not a linear value. I could argue this would value a 7x/day charger at about 60m... or 4 pins for simplicity's sake.

At 4 pins, honestly, it becomes a very appealing alternative, and I could likely be swayed to exchange with someone for the 1750 chargers as the person isn't like... ParkBandit or something. There's also the intangible of being rather attached to my customized 613 pentacle that I earned myself at RTCF.

Lets recap, because I'm approaching tl;dr territory:
613 charger strengths: Dispel/Death Protection, don't need to sort it, easily used by multiple characters, potentially benefit from every cast available, no heavy reliance on full 2x MIU
1750 charger strengths: Can still get 613, can get any spell you've ever dreamed of (mostly), can use it for rapid fire unlimited 1201 for maximum lulz, Easy to stack lots of spells over multiple days if you're not terribly active

Herachio
05-11-2015, 04:53 PM
I was actually implying you would trade it for equal number of 1x a day 1750 pins. So 7 pins for the the 7x/day 613 item. But, now that I do the math, that might be a bit much value to value. Not sure Zaigh is willing to pay 105 mil for it.

And that's valuing the 1750 pins at 15 mil each, which is probably a little low. That might be the current scrip to silver value for one while they are for sale, but once they are no longer for sale for the scrip that sliver value will go back up.