PDA

View Full Version : Unaltered FGB

Keep
04-30-2015, 11:56 AM
Lookin fer a set of unaltered FGB, lemme know your price in silvers or cash, thank you.

elcidcannon
04-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Couldn't you just find some altered FGB and dye it forest green?

Grey
04-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Couldn't you just find some altered FGB and dye it forest green?

I thought they made that impossible when FGB came out and people were doing exactly this with regular brig... then selling it.

elcidcannon
04-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Hmm yeah I don't know if they nixed the mechanics of that or just laid the hammer on those who sold the fake stuff. Would've been smart though.

Neovik1
04-30-2015, 01:23 PM
When I first picked my FGB I was going to dye it... But ended up having to get it altered by a merchant to get it to look like FGB.. That was a couple years ago!

JackWhisper
04-30-2015, 01:45 PM
When the dyer's tent was originally released in Landing years ago, Forest Green was a dye vial there.

Several people immediately bought *THOUSANDS* of forest green dyes, lockered the characters, and started selling 'mystery backpacks' with 'forest green brig' inside. Even though, technically, they were selling something as-is, it was deemed abuse, and people got punished/suspended/banned left and right. The dye was removed, and what I am NOT sure about... is whether they removed all vials stuck in people's lockers. Donno. But still, it was a really scary time because there were a LOT of people taking advantage of others. Not a good situation, at all.

Whirlin
04-30-2015, 07:29 PM
They also changed the noun of Brigandine to Brigandine ARMOR... thus if you dyed it forest green, it would be forest green armor, and not forest green brigandine

Wesley
04-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Man, people can be douches when they set their minds to it. Hope ya find it, Keep. If ya do, could ya let us know here, or at least let me know in PM what'cha end up payin? I'd be interested in a set myself down the line, and haven't seen any in years. I'd be interested in the goin' rate for a fel hafter too if anybody has a price point on that!

Keep
05-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Ah the good old days when it seemed like a quarter of the population was out to scam someone. I did end up finding some FGB. Paid a little over 9mil for them. They are max light and were very recently enhanced with fire resist. Seen some altered ones go for 10 fairly quickly recently. I'd be curious as to the current value of a fel-hafter these days as well.