PDA

View Full Version : A newer thread, about MoC.

Stunseed
10-18-2004, 01:05 PM
With the adjustments coming next month, there was a little tidbit of Multi-Opponent Combat. From the GS4 website:

As a character faces multiple opponents, his ability to defend himself as best he can will decrease. As such, when facing more and more opponents attacking, a character's defenses will be lowered. It will be based on how many attacks are directed on the character over a certain period of time, not how many enemies are in the room. The penalties to defenses is lowered as the character trains in the Multi-Opponent Combat skill. These penalties will definitely apply to creatures when facing multiple adventurers as well. This may be released in RSN.

My question to you all, will this change effect your training in MoC? I know some people purposefully hunt where it swarms, and some people ambush creatures one on one.

Discuss.

Meos
10-18-2004, 01:16 PM
I'll probebly get rid of it... only have 5 MOC ranks anyway. I'd rather open ambush.

Xcalibur
10-18-2004, 01:24 PM
MOC is one of the shittest skill ever.

Instead of giving multiple attack with manoeuvers or with levels, they force square and some semis to take that crap EXPENSIVE skill.

Booh it, BOOH IT.

Yeah, better ambushing with a piercing weapon.

Latrinsorm
10-18-2004, 02:05 PM
I started .5xing it. I'm gonna wait and see how it works before I do any more.

Nilandia
10-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Might affect my square who swings in the open. My ambusher always hunts solitary creatures, so she isn't going to need to prepare against swarms.

Nilandia also tends to avoid swarms, to I don't see much in that area, either. Maybe a few ranks here or there, since MoC is expensive for Empaths.

Nilandia

Stunseed
10-18-2004, 02:39 PM
My plan is to 1x MoC until cap, giving me 60 ranks. Maybe more, probably less, we'll just have to see.

Bobmuhthol
10-18-2004, 02:41 PM
I went down to 5 ranks on all characters after the first change. I'll continue to have 5.

Drew
10-18-2004, 03:07 PM
I've always thought it'd be pretty badass to make a rogue who did at least 30 ranks of multi-ops and also did TWC, then multi-strike a creature with 2 feras daggers. You could do this with anyone really, and I'm sure the tough part would be keeping stocked with feras daggers, but as long as you had them I imagine you'd be insanely deadly.

Amaron
10-18-2004, 03:17 PM
MOC is still nice with my polearm bard... with sonic flares...

My rogue .5x's in it so I will wait til I have more and see...

J

Latrinsorm
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Drew
I've always thought it'd be pretty badass to make a rogue who did at least 30 ranks of multi-ops and also did TWC, then multi-strike a creature with 2 feras daggers. You could do this with anyone really, and I'm sure the tough part would be keeping stocked with feras daggers, but as long as you had them I imagine you'd be insanely deadly. Throw in qstrike too. :D I've heard very good things about a plan like that (two fast flaring weapons). Rogues have an advantage on account of cheaper dodge, but warriors have two advantages in that they can take hits like no tomorrow and they can double a much cheaper MOC.

Stunseed
10-18-2004, 03:30 PM
< Chiv's post >

Gaerit from Icemule could easily do that. He uses two daggers as well, pisses me off because he's got some nice daggers. He's in possession of a Shadowblade, as well as a deathdagger, I think it's a troll deathdagger. 18 daggers he supposedly keeps on him.

Xinister
10-18-2004, 03:57 PM
I remember being in a duel with a warrior that uses double flaring OHE, 2x in MOC, and is a TWC user.

One mstrike took almost 300 health off me.

This form is very deadly if you hit.
However, if you miss, it's open season.

Xinister

Edaarin
10-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Rikz, right Xinister?

Drew
10-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Stunseed
< Chiv's post >

Gaerit from Icemule could easily do that. He uses two daggers as well, pisses me off because he's got some nice daggers. He's in possession of a Shadowblade, as well as a deathdagger, I think it's a troll deathdagger. 18 daggers he supposedly keeps on him.

Yeah, that shadowblade is nice, and it's a troll deathdagger. We did a bit of testing with the shadowblade to see if it worked on ACs (it does), I was impressed with it.