PDA

View Full Version : WTB capped halfling

Peppwyn
04-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Halfling are awesome. Would love to have a capped one.

Sorcerer, ranger, rogue would be fun.

Kaldonis
04-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Lots of people might lurk in the shadows, but I think you can count the number of capped halfling sorcerers on one hand in Prime.

I can think of two, and I'd be another maybe the end of the year or when I'm less of a lazy fuck (Confluence hunting should help a lot to keep me from boredom and playing alts).

Peppwyn
04-20-2015, 11:04 AM
Halflings are so sweet though!

JackWhisper
04-20-2015, 11:09 AM
Halflings are so sweet though! Especially with jam.

100% agree.

Androidpk
04-20-2015, 11:17 AM
And with a side of bacon.

Fallen
04-20-2015, 11:27 AM
Capped Halfling Sorcerers....Hmm, let me think. There's Nindon....and Virilneus, if you shaved his beard.

Peppwyn
04-20-2015, 11:27 AM
How about like a 50s halfling sorc then?

Androidpk
04-20-2015, 11:28 AM
and Virilneus, if you shaved his beard.

:lol:

JackWhisper
04-20-2015, 11:32 AM
Capped Halfling Sorcerers....Hmm, let me think. There's Nindon....and Virilneus, if you shaved his beard.

Virilneus cultivated his beard just so he could use that unlocked beard clip with the slutty pixie inside. He would NEVER shave it. Hah!

Silvean
04-20-2015, 11:36 AM
Virilneus cultivated his beard just so he could use that unlocked beard clip with the slutty pixie inside. He would NEVER shave it. Hah!

Next step is to cultivate a beard on the pixie and then find an even smaller pixie to live in that one.

JackWhisper
04-20-2015, 11:38 AM
If I still owned my beard clip, I would have customized a verb trap to do just that. That would be HILARIOUS.

Silvean
04-20-2015, 11:40 AM
If I still owned my beard clip, I would have customized a verb trap to do just that. That would be HILARIOUS.

I've entered raffles for those things with every intention of instructing the merchant to set the pixie free and burn the clip in Mount Doom.

JackWhisper
04-20-2015, 11:43 AM
Red Thread: WTB capped halfling

Retarded, you mean. Get a life. Pay attention to your family.

My son's currently at school, as he is in kindergarten and goes 8-11:30, and I'm a single father. Please, educate me oh anonymous red repper! How should I do more to earn your approval?

And the verb trap would be hilarious. Don't hate on Silvean's idea. It's almost as good as a bondagecock necklace alter.

Kaldonis
04-21-2015, 12:10 PM

Exactly! Qar is on the fame list though I've never met him, unlike Nindon Brightfeet of DOOM.

There was another high-level halfling sorcerer years ago on the fame list who I vaguely knew, but the name has been escaping me for days, and befriend list being limited to 30 is annoying for these circumstances.

And Viril has laid claim to pioneering the theory of maxing spirit regen for sorcerer selection rather than CS, but why do you think I have Kaldonis from like 2000? Actually his theory wasn't very good if you peer at the graphs I made: https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/A_beginner%27s_guide_to_playing_a_sorcerer#Charact er_creation_and_skills

Except for the more-recent advent of forest gnomes, halflings are generally all around better sorcerers than dwarves. Encumbrance? Deh. Bolting? Deh the other way. Better CS? Yep.

Though if I was gonna roll a turnip-fresh sorcerer, yeah I'd go forest gnome 100% on that action.

Hydra
04-21-2015, 12:16 PM
Exactly! Qar is on the fame list though I've never met him, unlike Nindon Brightfeet of DOOM.

There was another high-level halfling sorcerer years ago on the fame list who I vaguely knew, but the name has been escaping me for days, and befriend list being limited to 30 is annoying for these circumstances.

And Viril has laid claim to pioneering the theory of maxing spirit regen for sorcerer selection rather than CS, but why do you think I have Kaldonis from like 2000? Actually his theory wasn't very good if you peer at the graphs I made: https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/A_beginner%27s_guide_to_playing_a_sorcerer#Charact er_creation_and_skills

Except for the more-recent advent of forest gnomes, halflings are generally all around better sorcerers than dwarves. Encumbrance? Deh. Bolting? Deh the other way. Better CS? Yep.

Though if I was gonna roll a turnip-fresh sorcerer, yeah I'd go forest gnome 100% on that action.
Forest Gnomes don't get the love they deserve.

Well, they don't get the love I think they deserve.

Fallen
04-21-2015, 12:48 PM
The lesser races are far more appealing these days if you're willing to spend Simucoins to supplement their carrying capacity. Add to that eventual goals for coin weight mitigating items and you can practically overcome the majority of their shortcomings. Especially as a pure.

Androidpk
04-21-2015, 01:02 PM
The lesser races are far more appealing these days if you're willing to spend Simucoins to supplement their carrying capacity. Add to that eventual goals for coin weight mitigating items and you can practically overcome the majority of their shortcomings. Especially as a pure.

I still think halflings are OP, precisely because of the Simustore and enhancives.

Frimpleton
04-21-2015, 01:11 PM
Red Thread: WTB capped halfling

Retarded, you mean. Get a life. Pay attention to your family.

My son's currently at school, as he is in kindergarten and goes 8-11:30, and I'm a single father. Please, educate me oh anonymous red repper! How should I do more to earn your approval?

And the verb trap would be hilarious. Don't hate on Silvean's idea. It's almost as good as a bondagecock necklace alter.

I wouldn't read too much into it. I've posted like 10 times...all in threads asking questions, and the only post I ever got reputation on was a post where I said "Thanks for the help!". It said "My butt sharted".

WRoss
04-21-2015, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it. I've posted like 10 times...all in threads asking questions, and the only post I ever got reputation on was a post where I said "Thanks for the help!". It said "My butt sharted".

The infamous sharter. I've been getting that rep for 5+ years

Frimpleton
04-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I have like -2000 points after 10 posts. So I'm pretty sure I'm the most hated person here now. Haha

Hydra
04-21-2015, 02:20 PM
The shart repper strikes again. Just got some myself.

Kaldonis
04-21-2015, 02:46 PM
To all: yeah, I get sharted each time I post here. SHART! I can only be due for another because I'm posting again!

Honestly, are you for real? As far as at least sorcerers go, get some demonology and there's Phase. Encumbrance is entirely a non-issue.

Fallen
04-21-2015, 02:51 PM
Honestly, are you for real? As far as at least sorcerers go, get some demonology and there's Phase. Encumbrance is entirely a non-issue.

You can certainly build around your race's encumbrance shortcomings, but that takes levels and removes build variability.

Kaldonis
04-22-2015, 06:21 PM
You can certainly build around your race's encumbrance shortcomings, but that takes levels and removes build variability.

Yeah, it must suck being those races with shitty maneuver defenses and all the TPs they spend on Combat Maneuvers trying to get even with halflings.

Fallen
04-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it must suck being those races with shitty maneuver defenses and all the TPs they spend on Combat Maneuvers trying to get even with halflings.

You don't plan on training in the things that make you better against maneuvers?

Kaldonis
04-23-2015, 10:29 AM
You don't plan on training in the things that make you better against maneuvers?

1x in Physical Training, 1x in Perception, 10 ranks of CMans (with 2 ranks Cunning Defense) at present. It still makes me better at maneuvers than a similarly trained character of many other races.

Though as to Phasing, is there a reason not to train Demonology early on? It's much better than Necromancy lore for the first 50 levels or so IMO.

Peppwyn
04-25-2015, 05:40 PM
Still looking

Ardwen
04-25-2015, 05:44 PM
Lets all group up and sell Hoy to peppwyn, noone has to tell him we did it or anything! She did want a pet halfling right?

Sherlock
04-30-2015, 09:35 AM
I just wanted to vouch for Peppwyn. He picked up one of my characters and was prompt at payment and communicated quite well.