04-15-2015, 04:01 PM
Happy Tax Day to you and yours!

https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/312096125_640.jpg

Wesley
04-15-2015, 04:01 PM
And to you, sir!

Tgo01
04-15-2015, 04:02 PM
I got a 5k refund! I'm part of the 47%!!

Seizer
04-15-2015, 04:05 PM
I owed $56 dollars. :sad:

Tgo01
04-15-2015, 04:08 PM
I owed $56 dollars. :sad:

The 47% thank you.

Taernath
04-15-2015, 04:11 PM
I, Taernath of the family Player's Corner am a Freeman on the Land and therefore refuse to enjoinder into any contractual agreement with the federal government which has been presupposed on my berth certificate.

Gelston
04-15-2015, 04:11 PM
I, Taernath of the family Player's Corner am a Freeman on the Land and therefore refuse to enjoinder into any contractual agreement with the federal government which has been presupposed on my berth certificate.

Okay Wrathbringer.

phantasm
04-15-2015, 04:23 PM
Yay, I had $0 withheld all year. Owed $77 federal and $479 state. Have fun spending my $$$ man.

Archigeek
04-15-2015, 04:27 PM
I filed....

an extension! Though I think my business taxes are done, just not personal filing. It's a pain to get the taxes done for an LLC and an S-corp, and then my personal ones done by the 15th, so extensions are pretty much the norm for me the last four years. They should be done soon though, and I think I'm pretty close to paid in full anyway.

Whirlin
04-15-2015, 05:29 PM
I got a 5k refund! I'm part of the 47%!!
Managed an 8.5k return over here. Thanks in part to getting married to someone that had historically registered as tax exempt.

Wesley
04-15-2015, 05:31 PM
Managed an 8.5k return over here. Thanks in part to getting married to someone that had historically registered as tax exempt.

Hey, belated congrats on gettin married, man. And a present tense grats on the return.

Taernath
04-15-2015, 05:33 PM

Was your bow deductable???

Whirlin
04-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Hey, belated congrats on gettin married, man. And a present tense grats on the return.
For tangent, we got married at the Wayside Inn...

Entertainingly, another Wizard Guild Master also got married there a few years before.

My current bow is not deductible. Gains on investments are not realized until sold, and are subsequently taxed depending on the duration the item was held. So, the theoretical bow sale would have Gains for the sale price less cost of goods sold associated with the investments I have placed into that are quantifiable... For example, getting the heavy sighting added (Thanks Ardwen) would be a reduction in gains of sale. I'd likely file that under a a schedule C as a sole proprietor in the bow market. Consider this your tax guide on bow sales.

Parkbandit
04-15-2015, 05:50 PM
I filed....

an extension! Though I think my business taxes are done, just not personal filing. It's a pain to get the taxes done for an LLC and an S-corp, and then my personal ones done by the 15th, so extensions are pretty much the norm for me the last four years. They should be done soon though, and I think I'm pretty close to paid in full anyway.

Tell me about it.

This is the 4th or 5th time in 10 years I was able to make the deadline for both.. even though my accountant filed a business extension out of habit.

Warriorbird
04-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Taxes in. $1749 paid personal.

Archigeek
04-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Tell me about it.

This is the 4th or 5th time in 10 years I was able to make the deadline for both.. even though my accountant filed a business extension out of habit.

Congrat's. That must be a good feeling.

We actually had a pretty shitty year last year, so for all the wrong reasons I'm pretty sure I'll be fine tax-wise. We are in a cyclical business, and it was not a good cycle for us on the architectural front. The other business is still in development, and may not ever make money, though I hope it will!

Silvean
04-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Paid $9600 this morning. The authorities were unmoved by my complaint centered on having that money earmarked for a magical text-based eyeball.

Parkbandit
04-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Congrat's. That must be a good feeling.

We actually had a pretty shitty year last year, so for all the wrong reasons I'm pretty sure I'll be fine tax-wise. We are in a cyclical business, and it was not a good cycle for us on the architectural front. The other business is still in development, and may not ever make money, though I hope it will!

Every year I say "Never again! I'm going to scan every receipt, balance every account by month and I won't have to do all this shit next year!"

And every year I do the same thing.... wait until February to start.

Ker_Thwap
04-15-2015, 07:32 PM
You do realize that when you get a big refund, that you just gave the government interest free use of your money? Big refunds are bad, adjust your W-4 you lazy mooks.

Tgo01
04-15-2015, 07:34 PM
You do realize that when you get a big refund, that you just gave the government interest free use of your money? Big refunds are bad, adjust your W-4 you lazy mooks.

EIC baby!

I dunno though, I just made up my refund earlier.

Thondalar
04-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Every year I say "Never again! I'm going to scan every receipt, balance every account by month and I won't have to do all this shit next year!"

And every year I do the same thing.... wait until February to start.

My wife keep receipts...I do sometimes. Ok, rarely.

I got off kinda lucky...good family friend is a lady that handles accounting and taxes and all of that for another friend's local business...she does it all year for the accounting side, and picks up extra work during the "season"...she does my taxes for a few bar tabs. She is in her 60's now and has been an accountant for 40 years, I trust her judgement...she hasn't done me wrong yet.

My shit was done a month ago. Already got my fat $6 refund check. Not sure where to spend it.

Whirlin
04-15-2015, 07:39 PM
I got married in October... not gonna pre-bank on that starting in January! Plus in MA, if you severely underpay, there are additional penalties and fines imposed.

Androidpk
04-15-2015, 07:41 PM
I got married in October... not gonna pre-bank on that starting in January! Plus in MA, if you severely underpay, there are additional penalties and fines imposed.

You live in MA??

Wrathbringer
04-15-2015, 09:05 PM

How dare you deprive and conspire to help others to deprive our government of precious resources! You commie! I thought you were american! Also, I approve.

Whirlin
04-15-2015, 09:29 PM
You live in MA??
You need to spruce up on your internet stalking. I've been incredibly divulgent of personal information over the last 3 months.

Thondalar
04-15-2015, 11:02 PM
You need to spruce up on your internet stalking. I've been incredibly divulgent of personal information over the last 3 months.

I guess because I really don't give a shit, but I didn't know you lived in MA, and we've been in regular contact for House shit for like almost 2 years now...

My advice to you is get out now. Gather up all your things and GTFO. Right now, in the middle of the night.

Tisket
04-15-2015, 11:02 PM
Filed in February.

Slowpokes.

Gelston
04-15-2015, 11:03 PM
Filed in February.

Slowpokes.

nerd.

Taernath
04-15-2015, 11:05 PM

I've almost got your identity theft bingo card filled out, if you want to give me your first pet's name or the CVV code for your MasterCard.

Thondalar
04-15-2015, 11:09 PM

This is exactly why I claim high on my W-2. They still take throughout the year, of course, but it is much less. I normally end up owing a few hundred dollars, but I'm OK with that...the extra I've saved from each paycheck goes to things that actually build wealth, like matching 401k and stock options.

Tisket
04-16-2015, 02:35 AM
nerd.

Hey now...my husband is the anal retentive tax preparer of this family.

Atlanteax
04-16-2015, 08:24 AM

In today's interest rate environment, this is negligible. Besides, better to be getting yearly refunds than having to do quarterly estimations.

Atlanteax
04-16-2015, 08:26 AM
Filed in February.

Slowpokes.

February for myself as well, for the past 8 years or so.

Ker_Thwap
04-16-2015, 09:09 AM
In today's interest rate environment, this is negligible. Besides, better to be getting yearly refunds than having to do quarterly estimations.

Quarterly payments are for self employed/businesses. W-4s are for wage earners. Even at zero interest it's better to have the cash under your bed in a jar than having the government sit on it. If nothing else, it can be an emergency fund.

If you have zero self control, and you choose to use the government as a savings account, then you just suck at finance and are lazy. Seriously, don't do this.

None of this applies if your refund is largely composed of tax credits, such as earned income. Whirlin, and others who's tax situation has changed from the prior year also get a pass.

Neovik1
04-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Had to bend over and pay 3k+ here. I use to get a few dollars back before marwage.

Kembal
04-16-2015, 10:21 AM
extension here. have no choice, have to wait til our company's annual audit is done at the end of April, then the accountants figure out the tax part, then issue K-1s to us partners, then figure out individual taxes. Usually ends up being Sept. by the end of it.