PDA

View Full Version : Dragons!

Praefection
10-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Okay so I don't log anything but I wish I did. Anyway tonight in the Landing there were quakes, and buildings started falling down. Eventually part of the Dragonspine Mountains blew up, and a black dragon flew out of it. It flew over town, looked at us and headed west.

Anyway, someone needs to post logs!! I haven't felt that excited over anything in a long time. Really neat.

Praefection
10-17-2004, 01:32 AM
And I'm a dumbass, stuck this in the wrong folder. Can someone move it? But I scrolled back and got this last sight.

The shadowy dragon beats its massive wings and tilts off into the west, quickly soaring off into that direction.

Artha
10-17-2004, 01:33 AM
At Teras:

The massive creature dives straight down towards the town and then levels out at the last minute, its sinuous body craning over the buildings as it flies overhead, and it gazes down into the town with one of its eyes.

The shadowy black dragon beats its massive wings and ascends up into the sky. It cranes its head back to look at the island before it tilts towards the southeast and soars off into that direction.

Artha
10-17-2004, 01:46 AM
At solhaven:

The shape grows as it approaches the bay, its massive wings slicing through the air.

The black dragon dives towards the bay and then trails its talons in the water. It beats its wings to lift it up out of the water as it nears the town.

As the massive black dragon flies overhead, it releases another loud roar that slams against the air almost knocking you over. It tilts its head down and gazes into the city, as if it was looking at you.

Turning off towards the south, the black dragon cranes its sinuous body and swiftly soars off in that direction.

The dragon fades into a distant shape as it releases another roar and it is soon out of sight.

[Edited on 10-17-2004 by Artha]

HarmNone
10-17-2004, 02:09 AM
Wow! This looks like it could be exciting! :D

Artha
10-17-2004, 02:10 AM
In RR:

A loud roar rises up in the night air and a small shape can be seen off in the distance.

The distant shape slowly grows larger, seeming like it is heading towards River's Rest.

Large massive wings beat out from a long sinuous body and a tail swishes behind the dark creature that nears the town.

The shadowy dragon flies down and quickly snags a large gulp of water from the nearby waterfall without touching ground, and then turns towards the town.

Meanwhile in Solhaven: A high-pitched alarm suddenly pierces the air, a distress call from somewhere nearby.

Swooping overhead, the massive dragon slows only for a moment to peer down into the town with its large eyes. A large blast of wind slams down into the town from the beating of the dragon's wings, the gust almost knocking you off your feet.

The dragon lifts its head and ascends up away from the town, where it quickly circles once and then soars off to the northeast.

I'm going to bed.

HarmNone
10-17-2004, 02:12 AM
This almost has a Bradach feel to it. I'll be anxious to see what develops. :up:

Numbers
10-17-2004, 02:13 AM
Was this part of the Shar/Animate Dead storyline?

If so, maybe it's the animated corpse of a dragon.

Hell, I dunno.

The GM's are excellent at throwing continuity out the window.

Drew
10-17-2004, 02:17 AM
Dragons should not be in GS, hopefully this isn't a real dragon.

Praefection
10-17-2004, 02:19 AM
I have no idea if this is part of a story line or just pure RP like the invasions that have been happening the last few days in the Landing. Fun either way.

Satira
10-17-2004, 02:20 AM
Is this just some kind of roleplaying tactic? If it is, I wish the dragon would have actually been around a little longer.

Stunseed
10-17-2004, 02:39 AM
Dragon-related fun stuff.

[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "You toss your malevolent, bile-green onyx and veniom-hilted longsword splattered with the blood of gremlin-slayers into the air and strike the shadowy black dragon!"
[OOC]-Gibreficul: "it'll get fucked up if it comes to illistim"
[OOC]-Gothique: "Wonder why it didnt go there first though"
[OOC]-Chivalrous: "Are you serious JD?"
[OOC]-Polariz: "he's a liar lol"
[OOC]-Lochlaen: "he shadowy black dragon soars swiftly across the sky, its tail lashing against the clouds as it dives through them."
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "No, lol."

[OOC]-You: "The dragon looks down at Jenovadeath and with a loud roar says "Is this dragon gonna haveta choke a bitch?", and suddenly wraps its tail around Jenovadeath, squeezing him until his body explodes under the pressure."
[OOC]-Polariz: "Or begin to open le can of whoopass"
[OOC]-Jolena: "lol"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "LOL"
[OOC]-Warclaidhm: "Stunseed are you making that up"
[OOC]-You: "* Jenovadeath just bit the dust!"
[OOC]-Jolena: "....."
[OOC]-Melkinor: "rofl"
[OOC]-Polariz: "sweetgod"
[OOC]-Syberus: "NO WARCLIAD THE DRAGON TALKS LIKE A BLACK MAN "
[OOC]-Jolena: "well duh warclaidhm"
[OOC]-Polariz: "rofl"
[OOC]-Jolena: "YES he is making it up"
[OOC]-Warclaidhm: "thanks"
[OOC]-Bauzokhahl: "Dragon R Wayne Brady"
[OOC]-Warclaidhm: "he just died though"
[OOC]-Jolena: "no"
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "Heh."
[OOC]-Bauzokhahl: "Raju [subdued]: "does anyone have another char on teras Ille and can do ma favor""
[OOC]-You: "Good times."
[OOC]-Jenovadeath: "I didn't die yet."
[OOC]-Jolena: "he made it up "
[OOC]-Jolena: "as in faked it"
[OOC]-Warclaidhm: "oh"
[OOC]-Polariz: "Seriously Warclaid, are you retarded? I'd feel bad picking on you if you are..."
[OOC]-Malikhan: "so...that leaves Mule for last huh?"
[OOC]-Anothi: "Someone know where to find acorns in RR?"
[OOC]-Jolena: "yes and we are waiting here dangit"
[OOC]-Polariz: "Just say the word and we'll understand man"
[OOC]-Anothi: "I wanna try to put it in the hole."
[OOC]-Warclaidhm: "Not retarded. Just misguided sometimes"

Andrath
10-17-2004, 02:43 AM
I personally think it's something to do with Ebon's Gate. Who wants to bet me?

Stunseed
10-17-2004, 02:48 AM
I think you're wrong. I bet it's either the release of a new hunting area in Zul Logoth, or a part of roleplaying month.

My two cents, anyways.

HarmNone
10-17-2004, 02:55 AM
I hope it's something more than a prelude to the Ebon Gate festival. It looks like it could develop into a really great quest. :)

Praefection
10-17-2004, 03:04 AM
I really hope it's more than something for Ebon's Gate, which I doubt it is. Last few years there hasn't been an event to mark the start.

Caiylania
10-17-2004, 03:06 AM
Damn. I've been so busy the last few weeks I haven't been able to log in, and now I miss this.

ARGH

The Korean
10-17-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Drew
Dragons should not be in GS, hopefully this isn't a real dragon.

*coughs*

http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/official-elanthian-history.asp#1

theotherjohn
10-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Andrath
I personally think it's something to do with Ebon's Gate. Who wants to bet me?

If not the gate, then something else that costs extra to participate in.

Numbers
10-17-2004, 03:28 AM
I think he meant that dragons aren't supposed to be in modern day Elanthia. They're all supposed to be dead. The only one that still exists is the one in the dragon egg moon, and that's the one that destroys Elanthia when it hatches and turns GS into DR.

Tsa`ah
10-17-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by 3704558
I think he meant that dragons aren't supposed to be in modern day Elanthia. They're all supposed to be dead. The only one that still exists is the one in the dragon egg moon, and that's the one that destroys Elanthia when it hatches and turns GS into DR.

Koar

Drew
10-17-2004, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Originally posted by 3704558

Koar

Well, that's the rumour, we don't know if Koar is actually a dragon.

HarmNone
10-17-2004, 03:55 AM
There are supposed to be dragons surviving in Elanthia. Read the Ur-Daemon section of the link The Korean provided. It says they are but remnants of what were once the mighty Drakes, and not as strong these days, but.......they exist.

After all, one has been seen!

Praefection
10-17-2004, 03:59 AM
Just heard this in the Landing. I don't know about elsewhere.

A faint presence passes over your body and you feel a soft sigh in your inner ear. A somber voice speaks gently, "Fear not, Children of Elanthia. A new dawn is rising upon the horizon of your lives as the Cycle of Life now has come full turn." A soft white glow surrounds you and then coalesces into a small orb that spirals off towards the heavens.

Drew2
10-17-2004, 04:08 AM
Level: 61 Deeds: 0
Experience: 3579338 Deaths this level: 2
Exp. until next: 69662 Recent Deaths: 0
Mental TPs: 0 Fame: 9935902
Physical TPs: 52 Mana: 226/226 max
(690 Phy converted to Mnt)

Apparently, it's the new death system.

Keller
10-17-2004, 04:11 AM
wtf is the new death system?

Some Rogue
10-17-2004, 04:14 AM
It's the new death mechanics, death's sting or whatever they are calling it now. We're getting the info in Plat now.

Drew
10-17-2004, 04:34 AM
I chased "a shadowy dragon" from Danjirland all the way up to Icemule but lost it there. I looked all over Icemule but couldn't find it. Now I'm up in Koar's shrine but I can't seem to find anything here.

Pallon
10-17-2004, 06:18 AM
http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/deities/eorgina_history.asp

Eorgina finds her long-lost black dragon buddy dead in the DragonSpines and seals him in the cave until she can figure out a way to reanimate him

Praefection
10-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Wandering right by the bridge to Voln and ran into this.

[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
You are standing on the western shore of the Locksmehr river. From here you can see the southern water entrance to the town of Wehnimer's Landing. It is through this entrance that the boats returning from their upstream sojourns to the south have access to the town. A rough trail descends a rocky slope toward a stand of willow trees. You also see a shadowy dragon, a sturdy bridge and a wooden sign.
Obvious paths: west
>l drag
The shadowy dragon appears at once both indistinct and yet very solid, there is undoubtedly power in its inky black eyes. Wisps of light occasionally seem to shine through its scales momentarily only to be quickly swallowed in shadow. Its massive wings appear to keep it aloft with hardly any movement.
>

A rush of air rises in response to the upswing of the shadowy dragon's enormous wings as it flies east.

Latrinsorm
10-17-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
I bet it's either the release of a new hunting area in Zul LogothThat would be so sweet. I wouldn't have to go to crappy EN or hunt crappy undead for another 4 or 5 levels.

And I'm very glad I died last night as opposed to early this morning.

Chadj
10-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Also, to whomever mentioned dragons aren't supposed to be around in modern Elanthia..

Though lesser in number and weaker than their ancient brethren, the few dragons that survive today have not lost their appetites, and are still the most powerful and feared creatures on Elanthia.

Straight from this: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/official-elanthian-history.asp#1