PDA

View Full Version : Menos

Nieninque
10-16-2004, 01:45 PM
This was too funny.

Menos kind of sets himself up to be an uber roleplayer :waits for the denials from HouseofElves: but anyway, he is a bit of a twat.

Recently, snowy noticed that he has tassles on his boots and ribbons on his lance/spear/whatever it is.

Obviously she was going to take the piss out of him for it, because its funny.

Anyways, at the Dais today, Snowy thought she would get into a little bit of a piss-take.

==============
You glance at Menos.
>
>
Menos put some basal moss in his crested tabard.
>tak ribb from cloak
You remove a moth-eaten fleece ribbon from in your soft doeskin cloak.
>
>drop ribb
You drop a moth-eaten fleece ribbon.
>tak ribb from cloak
>
You remove a thin brown ribbon from in your soft doeskin cloak.
>drop ribb
>
You drop a thin brown ribbon.
>glance menos
>
You glance at Menos.
>glance ribb
You glance at a thin brown ribbon.
>
>glance second ribb
You glance at a moth-eaten fleece ribbon.
>
Menos is informing you that he wishes to have no further interaction with you OF ANY KIND! He desires that the two of you go your separate ways and have no further contact.

>
High Lord Menos just went out.
>
You laugh out loud!

===============

:clap:
Superb.
Hat's off to ya mister
Too funny.

Latrinsorm
10-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
take the piss out of him British colloquialisms are so pleasant. :)

Linor
10-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Oh my, I'd have to say this has me laughing pretty hard.

I suppose I should stop teasing him about his spears as well, he might warn interact me.

Although I doubt it considering I've teased him about it many times before.

I think perhaps he just doesn't like you Snowy, because that has to be the dumbest reason for warn interacting someone I've ever seen.

Linor

Chadj
10-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Idiots should not play gemstone.

Sorry, but that was just stupid.

10-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Menos is a fucking idiot, apparantly. Fuck you, Menos.

- Arkans

SpunGirl
10-16-2004, 04:16 PM
....really, I don't see the issue here. I mean, dropping ribbons in front of someone? What kind of OOC miscreant asshole ARE you?!??!?!

I say, warn away.

-K

Pallon
10-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Haha, nice warn.

I don't get the joke with glancing at the ribbons though

Nieninque
10-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Recently, snowy noticed that he has tassles on his boots and ribbons on his lance/spear/whatever it is.

Pallon
10-16-2004, 04:44 PM
I guess you had to be there

Souzy
10-16-2004, 04:53 PM
I've always been cool with Menos. First time I've seen that happen. Maybe he just doesn't like you.

Nieninque
10-16-2004, 04:56 PM
I know he doesnt like me. I make fun of his ribbons.
It's funny though because that was so lame...especially for Mr uber RP himself

Mistomeer
10-16-2004, 05:05 PM
This was too funny.

Yes, it was obviously the funniest thing that has ever happened. Dropping ribbons and glancing at them is hysterical.
/sarcasm

Obviously she was going to take the piss out of him for it, because its funny.

Anyways, at the Dais today, Snowy thought she would get into a little bit of a piss-take.

You post log after log of you harassing people just for your own amusement and then you call him lame when he decides he'd rather ignore you? Sounds to me like you're mad because he wouldn't play along.

HarmNone
10-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Hmm. I don't know what to say. The dropping of the ribbons, coupled with glancing at the ribbons on his weapon (or whatever), did give a chance for some adversarial RP. It appears he wasn't interested, for some reason. If he's usually willing to RP, the only assumption that can be made is that he didn't want to RP with you. Perhaps, he has taken your past "teasing" as OOC, or something. :shrug:

Nieninque
10-16-2004, 05:09 PM
It's posted in Gemstone Gems. I'm not mad at all.
The funny part is the warn. The piss-taking about the ribbons was puerile humour. Not especially funny but mildly amusing.
How is it harassing him, moron?
Big uber warrior harassed by some ribbons? give me a break.
Youre just mad because your playmate on the boards had to pretend to go away and then open another account and pretend he is someone else ;)
You'll get over it.

Sean
10-16-2004, 05:51 PM
I'm not quite sure this is exactly what most people would consider a gem, considering the point was really just to ridicule Menos. That being said I've never interacted with him so I don't know if I'd consider him a gem or not.

HarmNone
10-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Let's try to discuss this without calling one another morons, eh?

10-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Menos does a guild speech switch to speak to fellow warriors faster than greased lightning, he can RP decently from what I've seen. :shrug:

Souzy
10-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Menos actually RP's well. To the point where I can't take it anymore, cos I suck at RPing, lolz. But, he's a cool kid OOG. He RP's an elven warrior that only speaks in elven or guild speak. He will not speak to you in common language from what I know. And he likes dem green eyed, red hurred elven chicks, ha.

HouseofElves
10-21-2004, 12:33 PM
I don't know I haven't interacted with Menos in a while, I've been too busy with school or my other character. But when I did he was pretty amazing. He probably is just tired of Snowdrop. I can't really blame him. I know how I feel about her style of RP.

StrayRogue
10-21-2004, 12:43 PM
If he's friends with Jacina, I can see why he won't like Snowdrop.

HouseofElves
10-21-2004, 12:46 PM
That could be it. But Snowdrop herself is enough to make anyone utterly annoyed. And I find it really funny that she would comment on anyones RP. They must not measure up to her trend of:

Tease

Bitch

Get offended

Prep Spike

Cast Person

StrayRogue
10-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Or if she was friends with other people Jacina doesn't like *shrug*. I'm not getting into this, but this RP "god", Menos, hardly endeared himself in this instance.

DeV
10-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Very lame reason to warn interact someone. Everyone has their reasons though.

HouseofElves
10-21-2004, 12:56 PM
I honestly don't know whe he has ever come off as an RP god or tried to proclaim himself as such. The only RP folders on the official boards I've ever seen him post in is the Vaalor folder. I'm really not trying to cause problems, sometimes it is important for people to know both sides. Maybe I'll get Menos to post what was up.

Warriorbird
10-21-2004, 01:01 PM
:snicker: As if you're not cocky sometimes, Stay?

From having observed it, warning Snowdrop (unless you're part of the Alarke/Rarr family, in which case you deserve it) seems like a solid way to improve one's GS experience.

Adhara
10-21-2004, 01:04 PM
I suspect the ribbons were not the only reason to warn but probably more like the straw that broke the camel's back. Even if it was his only reason, nobody should have to RP with someone they dislike. Good for him I say.

AnticorRifling
10-21-2004, 01:09 PM
I've never had any issues with Menos. Like it was stated before... I guess you had to be there.

StrayRogue
10-21-2004, 01:09 PM
I've personally had no problem with Snowdrop in game before. I've found only one person EVER that I've wished no more contact with and thats Solescape. Everyone else I can generally tolerate or deal with. Snowdrop is no exception. However that isn't the only issue at hand here.

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
:snicker: As if you're not cocky sometimes, Stay?

From having observed it, warning Snowdrop (unless you're part of the Alarke/Rarr family, in which case you deserve it) seems like a solid way to improve one's GS experience.

That was completely uncalled for.
Snowdrop hasnt killed anyone in a week and that was an accident.

there was a scarab, I swear

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I've never had any issues with Menos. Like it was stated before... I guess you had to be there.

Erm...you havent had any issues with Snowdrop either... :nudge:

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Adhara
I suspect the ribbons were not the only reason to warn but probably more like the straw that broke the camel's back. Even if it was his only reason, nobody should have to RP with someone they dislike. Good for him I say.

Wrong.
There was no camel.

If there was a reason it was because I put him in a bit of a quandary. Roleplay, or powerhunt.

Obviously he chose the latter. Thats fine, but warning was LAME

Eiderfleur
10-21-2004, 01:28 PM
I have interacted with both Snowdrop and Menos and never had any serious problems with either. I say serious problems because I know Snowy didn't like Eider much because she was/is friends with Evoz. As for interacting with Menos he only speaks Elven, Warrior (guildspeak) or signals as he is a COL member, he uses the latter to communicate with Eider.

He is quite serious in his RP and from the interactions he has had with Eider he doesnt really tolerate silliness. (I think eider joined his group and tried to snuggle him once) he used some combat manuever to put her in RT but hes always been cool with me.

Maybe he was having an off day. I do know that I was there previously when Snowy was teasing him about the ribbons and tassles. Maybe he thought it was meant to be a slur on his masculinity. :shrug:

HouseofElves
10-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Wrong.
There was no camel.

If there was a reason it was because I put him in a bit of a quandary. Roleplay, or powerhunt.

Obviously he chose the latter. Thats fine, but warning was LAME

How do you know there was no "camel"? What seems fine to you may not be fine to someone else. People pay money to enjoy this game and if something so simple as someone else isn't making that game enjoyable, then let them warn. It isn't worth worrying and griping over when it could be as easily solved as ignoring them.

I mean, do you really want to interact with someone who clearly doesn't want to interact with you? It isn't as though you get points against account like a ticket to your driver's license.

The fact that you felt the need to make it a mocking post only serves to prove he probably had a good reason to warn interact you. And if you feel you want to discuss this further with me, since you brought up my name in first post then U2U me. I know other people don't care to read about it, I can't blame them.

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by HouseofElves

How do you know there was no "camel"? What seems fine to you may not be fine to someone else. People pay money to enjoy this game and if something so simple as someone else isn't making that game enjoyable, then let them warn. It isn't worth worrying and griping over when it could be as easily solved as ignoring them.

:cry: Boohoo :cry:

I mean, do you really want to interact with someone who clearly doesn't want to interact with you? It isn't as though you get points against account like a ticket to your driver's license.

The fact that you felt the need to make it a mocking post only serves to prove he probably had a good reason to warn interact you. And if you feel you want to discuss this further with me, since you brought up my name in first post then U2U me. I know other people don't care to read about it, I can't blame them.

The fact that I made a mocking post only serves to prove that I thought he was lame. If he didnt want to play he could have said by way of whisper. He could have "dismiss snowdrop"'ed he could have done any manner of things that would have been fine...but he didnt.

He doesnt have to interact with anyone. Thats his right. He can make himself look like a knob if he so wishes. That too is his right. I can laugh at him when he does. That is my right.

And U2U discussions with you are like a broken pencil.

Pointless.

HouseofElves
10-21-2004, 02:18 PM
I almost thought of posting a long and detailed response about our previous U2U discussions and the fact you went back on our agreement(go figure). But that would only serve to be useless, much like Snowdrop, little more than a waste of text. So continue to work out whatever anger issues you have toward me, I find them quite laughable.

Amaron
10-21-2004, 02:23 PM
I have had very few interations with Snowy and some were terrible and some were not.

I did not warn her and since the conflict was heading towards a fight I was ready.... she and my rogue are about evenly matched from what I gather..

It was not enjoyable and it was disruptive to the other people in the area..

On the other hand my bard has observed her several times and has liked some of the things she does.

Different situations bring out different reactions.

J

[Edited on 10-21-2004 by Amaron]

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by HouseofElves
I almost thought of posting a long and detailed response about our previous U2U discussions and the fact you went back on our agreement(go figure). But that would only serve to be useless, much like Snowdrop, little more than a waste of text. So continue to work out whatever anger issues you have toward me, I find them quite laughable.

Please continue to flatter yourself.
The anger issues I have towards you are such as those I have towards a mosquito buzzing around in my room at 3am. Annoying, but nothing that a well timed swat wont deal with.

And the previous U2Us were along the lines of...

Me: I am not killing people these days.
You: Thats good, I will stop being a pompous, self-righteous bitch then.
Me: Cool
You: No need for us to talk any further.

And then first opportunity you get, its "Oh yeah, just like Snowdrop"

You're boring and a liar. Bye now :bye:

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Amaron
I have had very few interations with Snowy and it was terrible...

I did not warn her and since the conflict was heading towards a fight I was ready.... she and my rogue are about evenly matched from what I gather..

It was not enjoyable and it was disruptive to the other people in the area..

On the other hand my bard has observed her several times and has liked some of the things she does.

Different situations bring out different reactions.

J

I would in no way say I was any kind of example of roleplay, but I give it a go.
Sometimes I try harder than others, and often respond in kind - which isnt always a good thing.

Warriorbird
10-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Odd how other people point these things out...

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
Odd how other people point these things out...

What things?

AlahnnaDenale
10-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Menos has always been a good character that I like to play with.

Snowdrop has just been an annoyance that I avoid.

Given her history of starting conflicts, I don't blame him for warning her. Its not great RP, but for someone that just starts shit all the time for no apparent reason, (the names "Lycain" and "Solescape" come to mind as parallels) why bother to RP?

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by AlahnnaDenale
Menos has always been a good character that I like to play with.

Snowdrop has just been an annoyance that I avoid.

Given her history of starting conflicts, I don't blame him for warning her. Its not great RP, but for someone that just starts shit all the time for no apparent reason, (the names "Lycain" and "Solescape" come to mind as parallels) why bother to RP?

:lol:

That just indicates that the interaction that you have had with Snowy has been on the boards and not in game.

AlahnnaDenale
10-21-2004, 04:12 PM
That just indicates that the interaction that you have had with Snowy has been on the boards and not in game.

Actually, the only interaction I've had with Snowdrop was in game.

Eiderfleur
10-21-2004, 04:15 PM
I personally have always enjoyed my interactions with Snowdrop.

Then again Eiderfleur isnt exactly the kinda person to start a fight with someone and has only killed one person on purpose.

Gs Menos
10-21-2004, 04:55 PM
My o my, such anger. I didn't even know so many people knew who I was.

"Ain't love a kick in the head?"

Gs Menos
10-21-2004, 05:31 PM
I just thought I might clarify a few points that might by the nature of conflict between people have become fuzzy.

As you might imagine, the clip shown is not exactly all the interactions that are pertinent to me giving Snowdrop a warn interaction.

Put simply, I as a player found no enjoyment in Menos' numerous interactions with Snowdrop. I first simply did not respond to her further attempts at interaction. Perhaps not the most effective means, but it is the one I tried.

When ineffective I simply told her I did not wish to talk with her again (One day before the warn interaction). This too was not effective and I figured she'd have a little more trouble missing the drift of a warn interaction. She did actually try a bit more later, but eventually caught on that I simply wished no interaction.

I must admit that I am rather shocked that so many responses were given on a thread with my name on it. I never really thought of myself as being self-portrayed as any sort of RP god. I have perhaps whispered some simple suggestions to others, though none to any of those espousing me as such to my recollection. Nor do I think it excessive to use a warn interaction for the goal of ending interactions that I do not find enjoyable. Is that not the purpose of the verb, to avoid any confusion as to whether someone wants to interact?

Meos
10-21-2004, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't want to interact with anyone named Snowdrop either.

Nieninque
10-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Gs Menos
I just thought I might clarify a few points that might by the nature of conflict between people have become fuzzy.

As you might imagine, the clip shown is not exactly all the interactions that are pertinent to me giving Snowdrop a warn interaction.

Put simply, I as a player found no enjoyment in Menos' numerous interactions with Snowdrop. I first simply did not respond to her further attempts at interaction. Perhaps not the most effective means, but it is the one I tried.

When ineffective I simply told her I did not wish to talk with her again (One day before the warn interaction). This too was not effective and I figured she'd have a little more trouble missing the drift of a warn interaction. She did actually try a bit more later, but eventually caught on that I simply wished no interaction.

I must admit that I am rather shocked that so many responses were given on a thread with my name on it. I never really thought of myself as being self-portrayed as any sort of RP god. I have perhaps whispered some simple suggestions to others, though none to any of those espousing me as such to my recollection. Nor do I think it excessive to use a warn interaction for the goal of ending interactions that I do not find enjoyable. Is that not the purpose of the verb, to avoid any confusion as to whether someone wants to interact?

That part in bold is a lie. Just to clarify :)

Gs Menos
10-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Thank goodness we have the warn system to clear up such misunderstandings. I should post a thank you to the GM's for that one on the GS boards.

Lyonis
10-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
If he's friends with Jacina, I can see why he won't like Snowdrop.

Stray couldn’t of said it more perfectly because this is where it all starts. Except it starts with Jacina and Lyonis not getting along. We don’t really want to tell the pathetic story of how Menos got involved in that do we?

SpunGirl
10-21-2004, 06:40 PM
My personal feeling on warn interact is that it should only be used as a last resort. I've only used it once... on Garr. And remember Menos, since you warned her, you have to leave anytime you come to the same area she's in.

-K

Gs Menos
10-21-2004, 06:40 PM
This Menos guy seems so horrible, I suggest Lyonis and Snowdrop's players take all steps to avoid all interaction with that rapscallion.

Gs Menos
10-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
My personal feeling on warn interact is that it should only be used as a last resort. I've only used it once... on Garr. And remember Menos, since you warned her, you have to leave anytime you come to the same area she's in.

-K

I've also only ever used warn interaction once.

[Edited on 10-21-2004 by Gs Menos]

SpunGirl
10-21-2004, 06:45 PM
Well, I guess only time will tell if you're prepared to stick to the limitations it places on the warner as pertaining to the warnee.

-K

Lyonis
10-21-2004, 06:54 PM
I guess that’s a no on story time Menos. No worries at all. As far as Lyonis interacting with Menos, I don’t think that’s happened in months and trust me there’s not a longing desire on my part for it either. I just wanted it to be known that this problem goes deeper then Snowdrop making fun of Menos and Menos in turn warning.

Nieninque
10-22-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Gs Menos
This Menos guy seems so horrible, I suggest Lyonis and Snowdrop's players take all steps to avoid all interaction with that rapscallion.

See I never thought Menos was as bad as all that.
I didnt like Jacina for sure, but saw Menos' fault as the fact that he hangs around with Jacina.
I used to go hunting with Menos and Miaah and actually quite liked the interaction. He comes across as a bit pompous but that's ok (and I am talking of the player as well as the character), I didnt dislike him.
There have been times when I have been with Menos and Lyonis when they have been testing duelling skills on each other. I had no problem with him. This was a bit of a surprise, although admittedly, Snowy was taking the mickey out of Menos, but then thats as much her as refusing to speak to anyone in common is Menos.

Like I say, I had no real problem with Menos so this thread wasnt an I HATE MENOS LOOK HOW BAD HE IS. :shrug: