PDA

View Full Version : Tracking a Medical Research Grant

Latrinsorm
04-03-2015, 05:07 PM
It's pretty easy to find journal articles on a specific subject or with a specific author. Is there a way to search by a specific research grant? I once helped fund a research grant and as a scientist myself I'm interested to see what they found, but I'm not sure where to even start looking.

Astray
04-03-2015, 05:11 PM
It's pretty easy to find journal articles on a specific subject or with a specific author. Is there a way to search by a specific research grant? I once helped fund a research grant and as a scientist myself I'm interested to see what they found, but I'm not sure where to even start looking.

Do you remember the name of the grant?

Latrinsorm
04-03-2015, 05:20 PM
All I know is that it was done through the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for $50,000 in April 2012. I've aimlessly poked around their site a couple of times but it wasn't productive.

Astray
04-03-2015, 05:23 PM
All I know is that it was done through the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for $50,000 in April 2012. I've aimlessly poked around their site a couple of times but it wasn't productive.

Academic grants, I'm assuming? If so... http://www.lls.org/researchershealthcareprofessionals/academicgrants/

Latrinsorm
04-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Yeah that's a good link, and I can pull up a bunch of grants awarded in 2012, but they all say they were sponsored by schools and things. This was a group of private citizens.

Astray
04-03-2015, 05:45 PM
This was a group of private citizens.

It could essentially be a smokescreen for the privacy of said citizens. If you have a receipt, you can call some of these places and ask for the status of whatever grant you're looking for. You might even learn the name of it!

Androidpk
04-03-2015, 09:00 PM

Cannabis cures both of those ailments.