PDA

View Full Version : An Arab Victory

longshot
09-09-2003, 12:21 PM
LONDON (Reuters) - Some Londoners do not want illusionist David Blaine to succeed in his bid to spend 44 days without food in a glass box suspended from a crane in the center of the capital.

Since the American showman began his stunt Friday he has been pelted with eggs, taunted with the smell of fish and chips and woken up by a man banging a drum.

Police said Tuesday officers had been called in to deal with one man who was throwing eggs at Blaine's transparent box late Monday evening.

"The man was given a stern talking to. But he was not arrested," a police spokesman said.

The 30-year-old New Yorker is used to drawing admiring crowds for his other feats in the United States, including being buried alive and encased in a block of ice.

But newspapers said some Londoners were devising ways of breaking the American's spirit, saying they were already bored with his latest challenge.

"We were watching him at home on TV and it was really dull so we thought we would come down and liven things up. I wanted to wake him up," impromptu drummer Shiraz Azam, 21, told London's Evening Standard Monday.

The stunt is also causing traffic problems with motorists driving across the city's Tower Bridge slowing down to take a look.

++++++++++++++++++
We must do better to protect vital American interests overseas, like David Blaine, from the evils of Arab drumb beats.

This is in no way serious on my part. It just kinda struck me as funny.

edited to fix formatting

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by longshot]

Tendarian
09-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Haha i hope they make his life miserable. I dont get any of his useless stunts as they all seem to be "look how bored i am and i just keep doing it yay".

StrayRogue
09-09-2003, 12:53 PM
He recently stood on one of the Pods of the London Eye as it did a full rotation. He was secured to it however. God bless my countrymen for trying to diswayed the wayward American ;)

Good luck to him.

Artha
09-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Blaine's a putz, I hope you all get stuck with him.

Gokkem
09-09-2003, 06:01 PM
Hrm isn't he the young guy who had the 'street magic' show on Lifetime or Discovery channel or wherever it was? If so, I saw him and think he's good. He had me going.

AnticorRifling
09-09-2003, 08:07 PM
South Park had an episode with Blainetology funny as hell.