PDA

View Full Version : How to Serve Man

Latrinsorm
03-19-2015, 05:35 PM
I listen to the Men in Blazers podcast (http://meninblazers.com/podcasts). It's quite good. A topic on the most recent podcast was this: if you owned a restaurant, and you had to have a menu item with your name on it, what would it be? I pose it to the PC.

To get the ball rolling, here are their responses...
Davo: chicken tikka masala
Rog's anticipated posthumous tribute to Davo: sushi served on a nude model
Rog: a Guinness

And mine...

The Eric
Tostitos Cantina
Sargento Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican
Scallions

Tgo01
03-19-2015, 05:42 PM
It's a cook book!

WRoss
03-19-2015, 06:13 PM
I just made a pretty amazing dish that my friends really liked.

The Ross:
Sirloin topped with bleu cheese and chorizo served on a vegetable medley
Cook chorizo in a pan until crispy, but save the grease. Saute peppers, onions, mushrooms, and a hint of garlic with oil and a touch of chorizo grease. Grill steak to medium rare, then slice thickly. Put veggies in bowl, sprinkle with chorizo, top the veggies with steak, then bleu cheese, and sprinkle that with more chorizo.

It makes you feel like you are eating healthy, but you aren't.

Gnome Rage
03-19-2015, 06:33 PM
I thought this was about the twilight zone...

/disappointed

Latrinsorm
03-19-2015, 07:20 PM
The food items are given peoples' names? As though we are eating the people? Like in the Twilight Zone episode? Work with me here, people. (Well... one person and one afk script.)

waywardgs
03-19-2015, 07:55 PM
I didn't know Latrina was a Mexican.

Thondalar
03-19-2015, 08:33 PM
I listen to the Men in Blazers podcast (http://meninblazers.com/podcasts). It's quite good. A topic on the most recent podcast was this: if you owned a restaurant, and you had to have a menu item with your name on it, what would it be? I pose it to the PC.

To get the ball rolling, here are their responses...
Davo: chicken tikka masala
Rog's anticipated posthumous tribute to Davo: sushi served on a nude model
Rog: a Guinness

And mine...

The Eric
Tostitos Cantina
Sargento Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican
Scallions

Perhaps because I've worked in many different restaurants, or perhaps because I just naturally over-analyze everything, I find fault with the initial question. The menu items, in general, would depend entirely on what sort of restaurant we're talking about to begin with. I would most certainly have different menu items depending on whether it was fast food, casual dining, upscale...furthermore, within each of those categories, are we talking about Japanese, German, American, Mexican, Somalian, Chilean, Ecuadorian, French, Scottish, Turkish, Chinese...

I need some parameters here.

With that being said, here's mine:

The Don:
Burnt ends with a side of cheese fries, extra ranch.

If you don't know what burnt ends are, google it. Then google somewhere near your present location that serves them, and go get some. Get there early, because wherever it is will sell out quickly.

edit: added a "with a side of" where it was necessary.

Tisket
03-20-2015, 03:24 AM
I think mine would include some kind of hearty stew.

No, I don't know why.

Tisket
03-20-2015, 03:25 AM
Or stir fry. I make a mean stir fry.

Tisket
03-20-2015, 03:26 AM
And why does this thread have such a misogynistic title?

Warriorbird
03-20-2015, 03:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc8onz25KF8

https://vine.co/v/MFWZahKIQAj

Androidpk
03-20-2015, 03:44 AM
I think mine would include some kind of hearty stew.

No, I don't know why.

That's not how this game is played.

Tisket
03-20-2015, 04:01 AM
I don't know what's going on!

Stew. I'm sticking with stew.

Androidpk
03-20-2015, 04:06 AM
What kind of stew??

My menu item would be A5 wagyu ribeye served with caramelized onion mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.

subzero
03-20-2015, 05:09 AM

Wat? I thought Latrin was cooking for someone.

Keller
03-20-2015, 04:25 PM
The Keller

Fried chicken thigh strips with thai-chilli mayo

Chicken would be marinated in soy with tons of grated garlic and ginger, dredged in potato starch, and garnished with fine diced scallions.

JackWhisper
03-20-2015, 04:29 PM

I clicked on it thinking it was some sort of cannibal how-to.

How To Serve Man For Dummies.

SHAFT
03-20-2015, 04:30 PM
I clicked on it thinking it was some sort of cannibal how-to.

How To Serve Man For Dummies.

+1 internet points

Latrinsorm
03-20-2015, 05:00 PM
Thanks to everyone who is on-topic in this thread. Everyone else has been reported.
Perhaps because I've worked in many different restaurants, or perhaps because I just naturally over-analyze everything, I find fault with the initial question. The menu items, in general, would depend entirely on what sort of restaurant we're talking about to begin with. I would most certainly have different menu items depending on whether it was fast food, casual dining, upscale...furthermore, within each of those categories, are we talking about Japanese, German, American, Mexican, Somalian, Chilean, Ecuadorian, French, Scottish, Turkish, Chinese...

I need some parameters here.You own the restaurant and you write the menu. The parameters are entirely up to you, unless you can devise the perfect universal food like mine B)
If you don't know what burnt ends are, google it. Then google somewhere near your present location that serves them, and go get some. Get there early, because wherever it is will sell out quickly.They look like steak tips, so I assume they are disgusting and libertarianism ayn rand ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION!!!
And why does this thread have such a misogynistic title?Tell it to Jeff Twilight.